PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trying to get barbosa suspended....

yavozerb
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
SAN ANTONIO -- In a playoff series already filled with physical play, the San Antonio Spurs are claiming one player from the rival Phoenix Suns should be disciplined for actions in the third quarter of Tuesday evening's Game 2 victory.

KSAT 12 Sports has learned the Spurs have contacted league officials regarding a play involving Suns guard Leandro Barbosa and Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, and have asked for Barbosa to be suspended.

With 1:42 remaining in the quarter, Ginobili and Barbosa bacame tangled up while going for a rebound and fell to the floor. According to sources in the organization, Spurs officials contacted the league to complain about Barbosa hitting Ginobili in the face with an open hand, then slamming his head on the court.

KSAT 12 Sports has learned the league reviewed the play in question and that no action would be taken.

Spurs officials would not officially comment.

bdictjames
04-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Oh no.. Barbosa isnt much of a factor anyway.

Supreme_Being
04-25-2008, 08:58 AM

+1

ancestron
04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Leandro who?

wildbill2u
04-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Looks like the league doesn't want any part of the brouhaha that would arise if a Sun player got suspended like last year. And the refs are in the tank on this.

What this does is put a target on the back of our Big Three. All you have to know about the Phoenix game plan is to look at what Raja Bell said about their big men physically taking out Manu and Tony in the paint. "God bless 'em if he can get back up."

This can get even uglier than Barbosa hitting Manu when he's on the floor.

SAGambler
04-25-2008, 09:00 AM
I think they should have been complaining about the Bell foul on Manu at the end of the game.

If Horry's foul last year on Nash deserved a two game suspension, then so should Bell's on Manu.

romad_20
04-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I didn't see that happen but I guess the Spurs are trying to take everything they can get.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Is this a joke? When the hell did that happen and how did we all miss it?

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
From what I remember, I thought he should have gotten a tech on that play, but not even close to being suspension worthy.

daslicer
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Its not just the spurs but it seems this year they are letting teams get away with more physical play. Just look at the wizards-cavs series where Haywood committed that hard dirty flagrant foul on Lebron. I was pretty sure that would be a suspension but it didn't happen. The wizards have been making threats out the series they were going to go after Lebron. Think about if Haywood isn't going to get suspended for slamming Lebron then neither is Barbosa going to get suspended for what he did to Ginobilli.

yavozerb
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
From what I remember, I thought he should have gotten a tech on that play, but not even close to being suspension worthy.

I agree with you..Barbosa and Manu got tangled up, but when both were going down barbosa seemed to grab manu and pull him down a little harder...I dont remember seeing to Manu to upset at this, so I say let it go by the waste side.

AZLouis
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Who is Barbosa? From what I remember no player named Barbosa has contributed to the Suns during this series.

Taco
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Yw9evVVnZ2g

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yw9evVVnZ2g

BlackSwordsMan
If he's suspended every Suns fan will claim this is why they lost

T Park
If Barbosa played on the Spurs he would've been suspended.
Look at the bullshit suspension for Bowen.

T Park
04-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Who fucking cares what those fuckwads think?

ambchang
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Yw9evVVnZ2g
Decide for yourself. Doesn't look all that natural, but it could be inadvertant while he was trying to swing himself loose.

NoMoneyDown
04-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Looks like Shaq manhandled Manu as much or more than Barbosa.

Jimcs50
04-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I thought it was funny at the time that Shaq got the foul instead of Barbosa. This was definitely a flagrant 2 and he should have been kicked out.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I remember watching that play and thinking what a fn beast Manu was mixing it up underneath with snaq and barbosal. He was manhandled and definitely got slammed in the face but he still came out with the ball iirc. Manu doesn't fn care. Just like Tony and what he said -- "He was trying to be physical" :lol :lol

thispego
04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
yes barbose did slap manu in the face when they were going down

hater
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
just part of Pop's mindgames. he didn't really expect a suspension

remingtonbo2001
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
SAN ANTONIO -- In a playoff series already filled with physical play, the San Antonio Spurs are claiming one player from the rival Phoenix Suns should be disciplined for actions in the third quarter of Tuesday evening's Game 2 victory.

KSAT 12 Sports has learned the Spurs have contacted league officials regarding a play involving Suns guard Leandro Barbosa and Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, and have asked for Barbosa to be suspended.

Johnny Blaze should've been all over this.

I'm very dissapointed.

Fabbs
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Looks like the league doesn't want any part of the brouhaha that would arise if a Sun player got suspended like last year. And the refs are in the tank on this.

What this does is put a target on the back of our Big Three. All you have to know about the Phoenix game plan is to look at what Raja Bell said about their big men physically taking out Manu and Tony in the paint. "God bless 'em if he can get back up."

Bill have you got a link?
I believe you I'm just wondering if Bells comments are on the Net anywheres.

Elraptor
04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh no.. Barbosa isnt much of a factor anyway.He's an alright player, drains the 3's. But that's pretty much it.

MoSpur
04-25-2008, 09:49 AM
He hasn't done much in this series. I am sure he is due a good game though. Maybe one in their place. I thought that the play in question was a bit dirty, but I am surprised the Spurs wanted him suspended. I say let's play them with everyone on their roster so that there are no excuses.

AZLouis
04-25-2008, 09:50 AM

Him playing is why most Suns fans think the Suns lost.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Who is Barbosa? From what I remember no player named Barbosa has contributed to the Suns during this series.

I think it's an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

Crookshanks
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I remember that play and I thought Shaq was pretty rough on Manu, hooking him around the upper chest and pulling him down. It was a pretty ugly play all around - but the important thing was that Shaq got the foul and we got the ball!

Way to go Manu!

DarrinS
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I hope he's not suspended. They might replace him with someone who can play.

MajorMike
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I think it's an old wooden ship used during the Civil War era.

Bwahahaha!!

thispego
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM

There is absolutely NOTHING to make out of that comment. dont waste your time. some people just like to find controversy where there is none

SpurOutofTownFan
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
This is actually true and you can clearly see it in the video. He tried slamming his head into the floor. It's very clear and I don't think anyone said anything because the Spurs won.

DazedAndConfused
04-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow can the Spurs organization get any more pathetic? First hack-a-shaq, now this?

BonnerDynasty
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow can the Spurs organization get any more pathetic? First hack-a-shaq, now this?

lmfffaaaao

They sent it in for the Suns safety. If you hit the bull enough times, you will get the HORNS!

Suns don't want Manu, aka Bruce Banner.

jbspurs
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Yw9evVVnZ2g
Decide for yourself. Doesn't look all that natural, but it could be inadvertant while he was trying to swing himself loose.

On high def. it was clear that he intentionally push manu's face, you can tell from his facial reaction and was looking at manu when he did it.

Borosai
04-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Capt. Barbosa definitely took a swing at Manu. I can imagine the uproar if Bowen had done the very same thing.

Bonner will pay him back.

VaSpursFan
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
how did i miss this. in the replay you clearly see Barbosa throwing a two piece at Manu. me hopes that manu goes for 50 tonight!

Princess Pimp
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
fucking crybabies...

Harry Callahan
04-25-2008, 10:44 AM

What's pathetic about it? Shaq and his big mouth are writing checks that he can't cash on the floor anymore. Hacking him is another tool to get in the heads of the weak minded D'Antoni (who threw up his hands when O'Neal was intentionally fouled those three times) and the other players outside of Shaq. It also prevented the Suns from getting into an offensive rhythm until it was too late.

Did you notice the Suns missed 9 of 22 free throws in the second half (most of them in the 4th Q) or did you even watch the game? O'neal hit 5 of 6 late in the third quarter and started strutting and shaking his head. Then he missed 3 of 4 FTs in the 4th Q.

The NBA's enforcement office (namely stu jackson) is afraid to do its job after the Horry-Nash incident last year. Three or instances (Okur vs Oberto in the last reg season game, Haywood vs James in the POs, Barbosa vs Ginobili in game 2) they have not wanted to suspend players. They will wait until someone gets seriously injured I guess. BTW, that was a real nice body block shaq got away with when he tried to take out Tony Parker on Wednesday. It sucks when you are too old and slow to keep up anymore.

I find it funny that the biased east coast/west coast media complains sooo much when the Spurs effectively use perfectly legal techniques that have been part of basketball for a long time (intentionally fouling a poor free throw shooter and drawing offensive fouls). "The rules must be changed". The rules were changed where you can't intentionally foul in the last two minutes of a game (or half? I think).

Not that the Suns will meet the Lakers in the playoffs, but don't you think Derek Fisher (who has drawn the most offensive fouls in the league this year) would "flop" a few times against Nash? Don't you think Phillip would have a bench player put Shaq on the line on purpose to mess with the Suns fragile psyche? I think it would happen for sure. Of course that would not be "pathetic" would it DAC?

You can't go around slapping players and banging their head on the floor - or at least I thought that was the case. Maybe not this year.

statman32
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
:rollin

Its Leandro Barbosa.

:rollin

romad_20
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
fucking crybabies...

:rolleyes

They'll just have to wipe their tears with their championship t-shirt

jman3000
04-25-2008, 11:00 AM
manu is such a damn flopper.

for a man his size he should be able to sustain being pulled down by a 7 foot 335 pound guy while simultaneously fighting for a loose ball with somebody trying to body slam him.

what a pussy.

DDS4
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Watch Barbosa's left arm when Manu/Leandro start to go backward. Definitely not incidental contact.

No matter. Barbosa's a non-factor anyways.

rAm
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
What's pathetic about it? Shaq and his big mouth are writing checks that he can't cash on the floor anymore. Hacking him is another tool to get in the heads of the weak minded D'Antoni (who threw up his hands when O'Neal was intentionally fouled those three times) and the other players outside of Shaq. It also prevented the Suns from getting into an offensive rhythm until it was too late.

Did you notice the Suns missed 9 of 22 free throws in the second half (most of them in the 4th Q) or did you even watch the game? O'neal hit 5 of 6 late in the third quarter and started strutting and shaking his head. Then he missed 3 of 4 FTs in the 4th Q.

The NBA's enforcement office (namely stu jackson) is afraid to do its job after the Horry-Nash incident last year. Three or instances (Okur vs Oberto in the last reg season game, Haywood vs James in the POs, Barbosa vs Ginobili in game 2) they have not wanted to suspend players. They will wait until someone gets seriously injured I guess. BTW, that was a real nice body block shaq got away with when he tried to take out Tony Parker on Wednesday. It sucks when you are too old and slow to keep up anymore.

I find it funny that the biased east coast/west coast media complains sooo much when the Spurs effectively use perfectly legal techniques that have been part of basketball for a long time (intentionally fouling a poor free throw shooter and drawing offensive fouls). "The rules must be changed". The rules were changed where you can't intentionally foul in the last two minutes of a game (or half? I think).

Not that the Suns will meet the Lakers in the playoffs, but don't you think Derek Fisher (who has drawn the most offensive fouls in the league this year) would "flop" a few times against Nash? Don't you think Phillip would have a bench player put Shaq on the line on purpose to mess with the Suns fragile psyche? I think it would happen for sure. Of course that would not be "pathetic" would it DAC?

You can't go around slapping players and banging their head on the floor - or at least I thought that was the case. Maybe not this year.

omfg, owned.

GSH
04-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Before you brush people off and say that there is nothing there to complain about, you really should look a little higher-quality copy than that. There's a better quality Youtube clip (entitled "Trompada de Barbosa a Manu Ginobili") here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=noyy0NcMqCA

When you're trying to stop the motion on Youtube, it blurs. If you want a little clearer view, try this:
1. Go to www.keepvid.com
2. Put in the URL for the video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=noyy0NcMqCA
3. Tell it to save the file as an .mp4 file

On the way down, Barbosa takes a swipe at Manu's head with his left hand. It can be hard to tell about contact from some video angles. But it certainly looks like Manu's face gets snapped to his (Manu's) right as a result.

As they go to the floor, Barbosa's right arm lashes out under Ginobili's head. You can't say with certainty what his intent was, but if he was trying to break his own fall, it was a hell of an awkward way to go about it. And then he immediately pulls his hands back and puts them up in the air in that "Who me?" gesture.

I think the left hand to the face is enough to merit action from the league. Any swipe towards another player's head is supposed to warrant a suspension. The Spurs would be looking at much higher-quality video. I think they would be justified in complaining, whether they really did or not.

And BTW... just before any of that happens, you can see Manu momentarily quit fighting for the ball and throwing his right hand up to grab the back of his head. The dirty flopper is clearly trying to get a cheap foul on Shaq by pretending to get hit in the back of the head with a forearm.

wijayas
04-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Despite Barbosa ineffective Game 2, getting him suspended will shorten Suns bench and force D'Antoni to trust his bench deeper, which he never does. Suspend Barbosa, Stu! Keep the house in order! :ihit

Cry Havoc
04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
This is, in effect, the Spurs FO asking the officials to watch for such contact in Game 3. They probably knew they wouldn't get the suspension, but I bet a flagrant is assessed if you see anything like it in the rest of the series.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
And BTW... just before any of that happens, you can see Manu momentarily quit fighting for the ball and throwing his right hand up to grab the back of his head. The dirty flopper is clearly trying to get a cheap foul on Shaq by pretending to get hit in the back of the head with a forearm.

Dude, that cheerleader in your sig is totally flopping. She should get thrown out for her theatrics.

boutons_
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Manu was clearly punched in the head, flagrant 2 and suspension. No mitigation because it was a quick, pussyified punch.

The Suns prick fans could again hide losing the series behind suspension rather than facing that Suns, coach and players, are blatantly inferior and have won all the Spurs' series they deserve to win.

Split, at least, in PHX and be finished with these losers.

oboymeetsogirl
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Game 2 we saw the refs taking it easy on the Suns because of Shaq's moaning about "floppers." I think the Spurs want to even things back up in game 3 by pointing out that there were things the refs didn't see that they need to keep an eye on.

As everyone knows, it's when the refs feel games are getting out of hand that they start calling those little "touch" fouls that otherwise they'd ignore. It's a fine line between letting teams "play on" and teams ending up swinging at each other.

So I think it's good strategy to send that film to the front office, even if there was little chance that they'd do anything about it. You can bet that the refs are holding their pre-game meeting and addressing the issue head-on. In which case, the strategy is likely to work after all. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shaq and Amare sitting out more minutes tonight because of this...

jman3000
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
i could actually seeing that being a natural motion if youre falling. he might have been using his hands to break his fall instinctually but it just so happened manu's face was in the way.

wijayas
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Game 2 we saw the refs taking it easy on the Suns because of Shaq's moaning about "floppers." I think the Spurs want to even things back up in game 3 by pointing out that there were things the refs didn't see that they need to keep an eye on.

As everyone knows, it's when the refs feel games are getting out of hand that they start calling those little "touch" fouls that otherwise they'd ignore. It's a fine line between letting teams "play on" and teams ending up swinging at each other.

So I think it's good strategy to send that film to the front office, even if there was little chance that they'd do anything about it. You can bet that the refs are holding their pre-game meeting and addressing the issue head-on. In which case, the strategy is likely to work after all. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shaq and Amare sitting out more minutes tonight because of this...

You are right. It is time for the FO to protect their men!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Johnny Blaze should've been all over this.

I'm very dissapointed.

Um, ahem. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2427127&postcount=7)

Who do you think wrote the story?

Budkin
04-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Holy shit I didn't notice this during the game! That is definitely grounds for suspension.

shelshor
04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Wasn't there a similar sandwich/takedown of Ginobili in game 1? I think it was DUHmare and either Diaw, Bell Or Barbosa
Then there was Bell throwing Manu down at the end of game 2 also

wildbill2u
04-25-2008, 01:06 PM

It was a comment after game 2 when Shaq put him on the floor with a hard foul. It may have been in the post-game comments on line at the Express News. Look at the paper online and see if the comments are still there.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I must have missed that play. I was getting up a couple of times during the game to do something and I must have missed it. That was clearly a deliberate take down on Manu that should have resulted in a flagrant 2 being called, and maybe a suspension.

With that said, the Spurs are the only ones that play dirty in this series.

Brutalis
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Crazy... Barbosa did get somewhat um... NUTS... there, but Shaq knew he was spearing Manu why did he continue to do so? That itself could be flagrant imho.

Suns have lost it, and tonight we will put them to bed. Makes their misery sweet actually.

spursfan09
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm just wondering... Manu has gained a rep as a flopper, so I think the refs and officials might second guess themselves when it comes to him. YOu know like the boy who cried wolf. Except Manu is not crying about it, and Barbosa did give hit him pretty hard it seemed....

SpursWoman
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Suns are dirty. :spin

GaryJohnston
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Suspend him. I enjoy watching Suns fans melt down.

boutons_
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
There was certainly a body sandwich just in front of the basket with Shaq/Tony/Steve? when Tony was trying to finish a fastbreak.

Nearly 3 full days, no suspension. Stew Jackson sucks. Stew Jackson also works as a sentence.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm just wondering... Manu has gained a rep as a flopper, so I think the refs and officials might second guess themselves when it comes to him. YOu know like the boy who cried wolf. Except Manu is not crying about it, and Barbosa did give hit him pretty hard it seemed....

I actually think that Manu's well-earned reputation as a flopper costs him calls that he would otherwise get for the contact that he undoubtedly takes. Officials who see unnatural movements on Manu's drives have to ask themselves whether there was really contact or whether Manu is flailing, and I think sometimes they are more cautious about calling those plays for Manu.

I don't have any numbers to back it up -- just some observations from this season -- but I think that Monty McCutchen (who will be one of the three officials for tonight's game) is among the most reluctant to call contact on Manu. It will be interesting to watch that tonight.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...n.17ddac4.html

Barbosa cleared: After reviewing tape of Game 2, the Spurs were concerned about a play in which Phoenix guard Leandro Barbosa appeared to throw a punch at Manu Ginobili.

The incident occurred with 1:47 left in the third quarter, when Ginobili became entangled with Barbosa and Shaquille O'Neal while grappling for a rebound.

During the skirmish, Ginobili and Barbosa fell to the ground. Television replays seem to show that while the pair was prone, Barbosa directed a punch at Ginobili's head.

An NBA spokesman said Thursday that the league's basketball operations office had reviewed the play and determined that Barbosa's actions did not warrant disciplinary measures.

Parker, Ginobili rest: Nursing what Spurs coach Gregg Popovich called "just bumps and bruises," Ginobili and point guard Tony Parker did not practice with the team Thursday.

Both are expected to be available for Game 3.

Allanon
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
It cannot be concluded that Barbosa went for Manu. Barbosa was standing on one foot falling towards Manu. Not really sure where else his arm could have gone except towards Manu.

Barbosa has never been a dirty player and as far as I know, there is no mean streak in him, he's probably one of the most passive players in the NBA.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
So Horry gets suspended 2 games for a hip check that Nash exaggerates, but Barbosa clearly punching Manu in the head "did not warrant disciplinary measures." Who the Hell are Suns fans calling the Sterns?

nfg3
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I've looked at the video several times and it didn't seem that intentional to me when in real time. At the time I thought it was a hard fought possession which Manu won and got the call against Phoenix. Maybe it was intentional or maybe it wasn't. My concern is that we all pretty much went off on the sons fans after their BS against Bruce "intentionally" trying to step on Amare's Achilles in last year's series. They all slowed it down to show how deliberate it was and that Bruce was a dirty little mofo. Aren't we doing the same thing? Slowing video down and then inferring intent? We’re way better than Sons fans. Anyway I don’t want Barbosa suspended – he hasn’t done jack so far.

boutons_
04-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Barbosa slugged Manu, got caught on video, and got away with it.

Fuck NBA's league operations office.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 04:12 PM
My concern is that we all pretty much went off on the sons fans after their BS against Bruce "intentionally" trying to step on Amare's Achilles in last year's series. They all slowed it down to show how deliberate it was and that Bruce was a dirty little mofo. Aren't we doing the same thing? Slowing video down and then inferring intent? We’re way better than Sons fans. Anyway I don’t want Barbosa suspended – he hasn’t done jack so far.

I think it's generally a losing strategy to think that you can intimidate the Spurs and it's particularly silly to think that you can intimidate Manu Ginobili. If the Suns choose to be overly-physical with the Spurs, it places them at risk of foul trouble and might have other unintended consequences if things go too far (ala, Raja Bell clotheslining Kobe in 2006). I also think that the Spurs are a group that is poised enough and tough enough to just keep playing even when things get super-physical.

I think it's fair for the Spurs to ask the league to look at the play, but with the ruling in, it's over and it's time to move on. I agree that there's no point in screaming about Barbosa since nothing will come of it other than making some Spurs fans look like some Suns fans.

Whisky Dog
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
When you're the champion you have to take everybody's best shots and still turn around and beat their ass. The tape to the officials in the league office is just to send a message to watch out for dirty play, but IMO this is now a series in which Bruce can use all the borderline dirty tricks on Nash. I'd be physical as hell with Nash tonight and see how the game is going to be called, then adjust if necessary. To me the Spurs best strategy tonight is to run when possible to get break points, but also muck it up whenever the momentum swings the other way. Keep the crowd restless and quiet.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
come on! this did not warrant a suspension. Why on earth would we want to bring that shit upon ourselves anyway?? Have you any idea how much bitching and moaning the Suns an their fans would do? We would NEVER hear the end of it, period. Just a little rough play, nothing Manu shouldn't be able to handle.

By the way, have you realized lately laker fans are bitching more about this series than the Suns fans? Its as if they're scared already and feel they need to start discrediting us now, so as to make the pummeling they are going to get less humiliating. I'm just worried that if they bitch this much now, they'll be so fucking annoying when we actually beat them...

lefty
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM

:lmao

lefty
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Leandro who?

Barbasol I think but I'm not sure...

Obstructed_View
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Seemed like the Spurs had a good case, and it was probably pre-emptive in case someone gets tangled up or Bruce flattens someone's tire. Since the Suns lobbied to have Bruce Bowen suspended after a game in which they didn't even participate, they shouldn't have any trouble keeping their mouths shut about this issue.

boutons_
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
"this did not warrant a suspension."

NBA rules is rules. Any hit above the shoulders ...

Obstructed_View
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Another thing I haven't seen mentioned: Just because Manu doesn't react doesn't mean he isn't pissed off, and it doesnt' mean that the team should fail to go to his defense. When you have a player that puts himself out there like Manu does, you fucking well better back him up.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Well hopefully we make them pay for this shit by going up 3-0 tonight.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Another thing I haven't seen mentioned: Just because Manu doesn't react doesn't mean he isn't pissed off, and it doesnt' mean that the team should fail to go to his defense. When you have a player that puts himself out there like Manu does, you fucking well better back him up.

I think it was a quick cheap shot that no one really saw until they showed the replay. As soon as his fist strikes in the replay you can hear Doug Collins go "oooh!"

ChumpDumper
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm glad he wasn't suspended. Barbosa is a real key to the Spurs' success.

ShoogarBear
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
The league called and said Bruce gets one free swing in tonight.

td4mvp21
04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow I just watched that video. There's your fuckin dirty plays, Suns fans. Funny thing is it's the purple and orange, not the silver and black.

statman32
04-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow I just watched that video. There's your fuckin dirty plays, Suns fans. Funny thing is it's the purple and orange, not the silver and black.

:lol

If Leandro FUCKING Barbosa. Dude wouldnt even purposely hurt a fly. Same kid that cried when Marbury got traded and cried when someone pulled a prank on him saying he got traded to the Knicks. People are REACHING big time here. Keep bringing up Bowen when Bowen has a HISTORY of shit like this. Barbosa has a history of doing nothing.

I love how people talk about they just want a fair series with no injuries and suspensions and then when push comes to shove, everyone is crying about petty shit.

statman32
04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
BTW I say Barbosa scores over 16 tonight. Anyone disagree want to do a avatar bet until the series is over?

milkyway21
04-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Spurs officials contacted the league to complain about Barbosa hitting Ginobili in the face with an open hand, then slamming his head on the court

------
Another battery on Manu during playoffs.

This is worse that Horry's hip-check against the 2-time MVP Steve Nash so there was really no commotion and highlights about this after the game. I don't expect a suspension on this.

GSH
04-25-2008, 08:27 PM

Keep bringing up Bowen when Bowen has a HISTORY of shit like this. Barbosa has a history of doing nothing.

Yo, dumbass!!! Barbosa HAS a reputation for dirty shit now. Welcome to the world of innuendo. Bowen got a reputation from situations that were no more clear-cut than what Barbosa did.

And just because Barbosa is a crybaby, it doesn't mean that he doesn't also take cheap shots.

boutons_
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
It's a Brazil-Argentina thing

ChumpDumper
04-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Barbosa has a history of doing nothing.That's why it's very important to have him play game 3.

statman32
04-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Yo, dumbass!!! Barbosa HAS a reputation for dirty shit now. Welcome to the world of innuendo. Bowen got a reputation from situations that were no more clear-cut than what Barbosa did.

And just because Barbosa is a crybaby, it doesn't mean that he doesn't also take cheap shots.

Kicking people in the face = To what Barbosa just did? :lol

Come onnn now.

Anyways gl tonight. Heres to a hard fought game with no injuries/ejections. :toast

oboymeetsogirl
04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
One thing I like about Spurs fans, they don't moan and cry about Suns players being "dirty." We need to be like the Spurs themselves. If opponents are resorting to bitch slaps, that means we're making them our bitches. The Spurs don't lose their composure, because they know that composure is just as much a part of their championship runs as anything. Even during all those even years between championships, the Spurs took their losses and their exits from the playoffs like real men, giving all the credit to their their opponents, and then came back the next year (three times!) and mowed down the teams getting in their way.

That's the "Spurs Way!"

GrandeDavid
04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
F- Leandro Barbosa, that was some thuggish shit. I hope his unclutch ass gets two games for that dirty shot. And fat ass Shaq freakin' strangling Ginobili...

LakeShow
04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
One thing I like about Spurs fans, they don't moan and cry about Suns players being "dirty." We need to be like the Spurs themselves. If opponents are resorting to bitch slaps, that means we're making them our bitches. The Spurs don't lose their composure, because they know that composure is just as much a part of their championship runs as anything. Even during all those even years between championships, the Spurs took their losses and their exits from the playoffs like real men, giving all the credit to their their opponents, and then came back the next year (three times!) and mowed down the teams getting in their way.

That's the "Spurs Way!"

You forgot this :rolleyes

GrandeDavid
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Good! There's nothing funner than seeing Suns fan tormented. :lol

jack sommerset
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know what to think of the Spurs organization crying about this. It honestly makes me nauseous.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know what to think of the Spurs organization crying about this. It honestly makes nauseous.Poor baby.

cornbread
04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
In Judo you call that throw "kosotogari". Nice technique by Barbosa!

jack sommerset
04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Poor baby.

You ought to call Pop the baby. He is the one crying. I'm just getting sick hearing it.

Pop "Its not fair, the Lakers got Gasol for nothing,whaaaaaaaaaaaaa, its not fair, Barbosa should be suspended, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Honestly I could go on, I want to enjoy tonights game!

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
You ought to call Pop the baby. He is the one crying. I'm just getting sick hearing it.Then stop listening. It'll calm your weak tummy.