PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: 'Everybody's Going To Play,' Says Pop

duncan228
04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/04/jeff_mcdonald_e_1.html

Jeff McDonald: 'Everybody's going to play,' says Pop

PHOENIX -- Manu Ginobili is bothered by a sore ankle and a sore groin. Tony Parker can add a sore toe to his growing list of maladies.

Neither will be hampered enough to sit when the ball goes up for Game 3 tonight.

"Everybody's going to play," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said after this morning's shootaround. "People get banged up, that sort of thing. By this time of year, everybody's got a bump or a bruise to deal with."

Parker is averaging 29 points in this series so far. Ginobili is scoring 26.5. So, yeah, their presence is kind of important for the Spurs' chances at taking Game 3 at U.S. Airways Center.

Ginobili entered the postseason with a not-quite-right groin, and jammed his ankle in Game 1. The Spurs weren't sure he'd be able to go in Game 2. He did, and responded with 29 points.

Parker, meanwhile, has taken the brunt of the blunt-force trauma in this series.

He absorbed a knee to the head in Game 1, courtesy of Amare Stoudemire. A Game 2 run-in with Shaquille O'Neal left Parker with a sore shoulder and thigh. Another collision with the Big Cactus gave Parker a jammed big toe.

Asked after shootaround what hurt him the most, Parker laughed and said, "Everything."

But these are the playoffs, a time in which sore is a way of life. At least Parker can look on the bright side. His dings bought him two days off from practice, and some extra time on the massage table.

Meanwhile, Phoenix's Grant Hill sounds like he's going to give it a go again tonight. A day after he seemed like a dead man not walking, laid up with a strained groin that won't heal, Hill said this morning he plans to play.

polandprzem
04-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Right now the game is after every second day, so it is even more important to get the job done ASAP

I think it will give them all good (having additional day off) to be as feash as they can before going on a war against phisical, yes phisycal Suns team. I bet they will go for some hard fouls early on and will stay like that cause refs will let the teams play.

polandprzem
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
btw duncan 228 I've got a request

If you will hit the 7777 please hit it in my 7777 post thread

Could it be that way?

G-Nob
04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
I wonder if Big Shot Rob is going to make an appearance?

dbreiden83080
04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Manu's health has me scared shitless. He is one bad step or collision away from the season being over.

Emanuel20
04-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Manu's health has me scared shitless. He is one bad step or collision away from the season being over.

You are correct....and to think that this is only the first round...it is not looking good. Especially tonight, he will try to go to the basket but oh man he will get beat down. Horrible....I can just hope and pray that he and tony do not get hurt (more than they are now).

romad_20
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
They'll be fine. I don't think the Suns want to start trying to play the super physical game with the Spurs. Remember how dirty the Spurs are? :lol Horry and Kurt Thomas are still in uniform.:ihit