PDA

View Full Version : Parker Duncan Ginobili Till: Best. Name. Ever.

duncan228
04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Remember the baby named after the Spurs in the '05 run? He's now 2 years old.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/25/parker-duncan-ginobili-till-best-name-ever/

Parker Duncan Ginobili Till: Best. Name. Ever.
by Will Brinson

It would be safe to assume that John and Rhonda Till, parents of two year old Parker Duncan Ginobili Till, and residents of Greensboro, North Carolina, are fans of the San Antonio Spurs. Like, really big fans.

Apparently, while the Spurs were dynasty building in 2005, the Tills were debating what to name their son. Then the kind of obvious occurred to them, the Greensboro News & Record reports:

Parker's nice, they agree, while point guard Tony Parker does his floor general bit.

Duncan's not so bad either, John suggests, as former Wake Forest star Tim Duncan leaps over players to score a basket.

Rhonda approves. Then John goes too far.

'What about Ginobili?' he says, referring to Argentinian guard Emanuel David 'Manu' Ginobili. 'He's the other superstar on the team. We've got to have him in.'

An adamant Rhonda says: 'No way.'

But apparently a "weak moment" around the time of their son's birth by Rhonda led to Ginobili getting squeezed into his name as well. And now, Parker Duncan Ginobili Till is two years old and able to watch what could be another Spurs championship, even if he -- apparently -- has no idea what the mess is going on. Now, personally, I think this is really cool (and I totally respect the guy for talking his wife into it). Reggie Smoltz Brentson Brinson. I like the sound of that.

lefty
04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Pathetic.

Some people have nothing much to do

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2008, 07:37 PM
They couldn't go with Tony Timothy Emanuel Till? They'd still have the names of their heroes in there, and the kid wouldn't have to live with a name so ridiculous!

lefty
04-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, they could have done worse :

Beno NVE Cisco

duncan228
04-25-2008, 07:39 PM
They couldn't go with Tony Timothy Emanuel Till? They'd still have the names of their heroes in there, and the kid wouldn't have to live with a name so ridiculous!

Makes much more sense your way. Unusual names for kids is a popular thing to do but this is on the extreme edge.

spursfan09
04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I love the spurs, but I would love my child more and not name him after them... But Parker is not a bad first name.

carina_gino20
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Parker isn't bad. Even Duncan is okay. Ginobili as a first name is really weird though. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, they could have done worse :

Beno NVE Cisco

I'd be pretty pissed too if my whole middle name was an abbreviation.

pawe
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM

:lol i am almost certain he will live with the line: "your mother doesn't like you or somethin?"

Shaolin-Style
04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I wonder what team if any that kid will be a fan of one day

lefty
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM

:lol

manubili
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM

I agree. But it wouldn't have been in the news.