PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting sick of this pick and roll BS

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm getting sick of this pick and roll BS. Honestly, it's been played out....And I agree the rules need to be changed if any nba team can use a deficiency of one great player to dominate all the momentum.

It's unreal that Spurs fans are advocating so hard for doing this. I loved it in choice moments in the first game but this is just ridiculous...It's bad for the game to make the pick and roll a go to offensive play. This might just ruin what was an epic series for me.

The Spurs have always been about winning the right way. That is how it should be, not like this.

BlackSwordsMan
Stephen A smith agrees with you

anakha
Aggie FTW.

:lmao

mystargtr34
04-26-2008, 12:16 AM
:lol nice

Amuseddaysleeper
Thread of the year

ShoogarBear
Yawn:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93117

Borosai
Nicely done.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2008, 12:20 AM
adam...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93112

SRJ
There's always someone who doesn't get it.

Anyway, bravo Aggie.

BiZNicK
lol ur not a Spurs fan. Go to bed. Spurs win.

yeahone
lol you missed it....take your time and read the psot over again

BlackSwordsMan
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
He was mocking the whole crying about hack-a-shaq...

VaSpursFan
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
LOL...good retort

jmard5
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Hilarious. =p

This is a testament to Shaq's legacy. Owned by the pick and roll. Owned by the Hack-a-Shaq.

No excuses. He needs to shut his mouth this time.

michaelwcho
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
The pick and roll is sissy basketball. The Spurs need to start playing like men.

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Whatever...Defense/Offense take effort. Any fat ass in this forum could play the kind of defense we employed tonight against Shaq...

Spurs fans that like hack a Shaq are forgetting their own history of facing hack a bowen or hack a Duncan.

baseline bum
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM

mystargtr34
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I love Hack-a-Shaq.... keep doing it.

SRJ
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Spurs fans that like hack a Shaq are forgetting their own history of facing hack a bowen or hack a Duncan.

I know you're not going to believe me, but I was never bothered with teams hacking us. I was always more bothered when we didn't hit those throws.

wildbill2u
04-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah, the league should change the rules so teams can't use it as a boring offensive weapon. The fans deserve better entertainment for their hard-earned dollars.

I think there should be a rule change that would allow the defense to put pylons on the floor that the offensive player would have to go around and weave through in order to use the pick.

SpursPreacher
04-26-2008, 12:49 AM
lmao

MannyIsGod
04-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Whatever...Defense/Offense take effort. Any fat ass in this forum could play the kind of defense we employed tonight against Shaq...

You're a dumbass. Shaq gets free points unless he sucks. Its not our fault he sucks.

Bulwark
04-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Well done. Hopefully this shuts up all the BS about Hack a Shaq BS

Obstructed_View
04-26-2008, 01:07 AM

I don't remember anyone bitching about it, aside from saying "Make your goddamn free throws, Bruce!"

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh and if you don't like the thread I made...Don't click it. Simple as that. Deep down inside I think everyone knows I'm right on this. TIMVP was quick to denounce it in his game thoughts.

It would have been nice to see the Spurs win playing straight up defense tonight, and that's something we as Spurs fans were robbed of tonight. We were robbed of a chance for a clean kill.

MannyIsGod
04-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Oh and if you don't like the thread I made...Don't click it. Simple as that. Deep down inside I think everyone knows I'm right on this. TIMVP was quick to denounce it in his game thoughts.

It would have been nice to see the Spurs win playing straight up defense tonight, and that's something we as Spurs fans were robbed of tonight. We were robbed of a chance for a clean kill.

You're such a dumbfuck. I guess there are people who have to bitch about SOMETHING.

Clean kill. blah blah blah. Too bad Shaq can't make his fucking free throws so that we wouldn't have to listen to idiots like you.

Desperado
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
You're such a dumbfuck. I guess there are people who have to bitch about SOMETHING.

Clean kill. blah blah blah. Too bad Shaq can't make his fucking free throws so that we wouldn't have to listen to idiots like you.

I totally agree, I dont post often, but there is a huge possibility that this guy isnt really a spurs fan...Just like Spurs Dynasty21. Only a freaking idiot complains about a Coach who winning games at all cost. Oh and Aggies are already known as idiots so we are covered there.

WildcardManu
04-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Something needs to be said about Ginobli and Parker. These guys are absolute rockstars. Seriously, what the fuck.

:lol from phxsuns forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM

Spurs straight up defense? You saw plenty of it in the first three quarters. Gimme a fucking break, you make it sound like our sole defense for the entire game was hackashaq.

Quit being such a whiny bitch.

SenorSpur
04-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Just win baby!

dmac
04-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Hilarious. =p

This is a testament to Shaq's legacy. Owned by the pick and roll. Owned by the Hack-a-Shaq.

No excuses. He needs to shut his mouth this time.

if he shut his mouth, where would all those cheeseburgers go?

K-State Spur
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
The pick and roll is sissy basketball. The Spurs need to start playing like men.

real men don't use more than 7 seconds of the shot clock!

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm getting sick of this pick and roll BS. Honestly, it's been played out....And I agree the rules need to be changed if any nba team can use a deficiency of one great player to dominate all the momentum.

It's unreal that Spurs fans are advocating so hard for doing this. I loved it in choice moments in the first game but this is just ridiculous...It's bad for the game to make the pick and roll a go to offensive play. This might just ruin what was an epic series for me.

The Spurs have always been about winning the right way. That is how it should be, not like this.

Were you sober when you typed this up???

clubalien
04-26-2008, 12:34 PM
no one hated utah jazz with stockton running the pick n roll seems like a perectly fine basketball play..

Remeber when they pressured beno in the playoffs we sat him didn't say it was unfair. when theat is more agressive then pick n rolls

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I hated the P&R in the 90's when Stocton and Malone used to kill us with it every Spring....but now I like it.

:)

E20
04-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I can't believe people actually thought AHF was serious when he wrote this. LOL

m33p0
04-26-2008, 01:14 PM
its the most basic 2-man game in basketball and yet has so many variations that it makes very difficult to defend against. its unfair for snaq and stevie having to defend the tp-tony pick and roll when they couldn't even defend a loaf of bread. the pick and roll ought to be outlawed to give shaq a chance.

btw, i'm not sure if there's such a thing as plagarism in internet message boards.

E20
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I loved it when Shaq had to defend Manu, then Tony, LMAO Back to Back THREES!!

Agloco
04-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I totally agree, I dont post often, but there is a huge possibility that this guy isnt really a spurs fan...Just like Spurs Dynasty21. Only a freaking idiot complains about a Coach who winning games at all cost. Oh and Aggies are already known as idiots so we are covered there.

If thats what you think then you completely missed the boat.

The thread was meant to be a sarcastic spin on the hack a Shaq comments from Suns fans. AHF is indeed a Spurs fan.......and an Aggies fan. Oh well, one out of two ain't bad (unlike Shaq). :rollin:rollin

boutons_
04-26-2008, 01:31 PM

WalterBenitez
04-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I would tolerate some kicking balls if that allow us to win, netxt!

Admidave50
04-26-2008, 01:34 PM
you're mean with one of our fellow poster.. LOL

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2008, 02:17 PM

1. Try reading the thread. Manny was talking about Despurado, not me.

2. It's funny seeing someone call an Aggie an idiot who can't even read the thread and looks like one himself.

Sarcasm is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. Sarcasm can also be used in a humorous or jesting way depending on the intent of the person speaking