PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni: "We actually won this game, too"

ShoogarBear
04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
No, surprisingly, he didn't really say it.

:lol

lebomb
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Bwhahahahahhaa.............

SRJ
Give him time...

JMarkJohns
If I could remember how to laugh, I would...

balli
I can't believe how pathetic Phoenix has been. Their window's officially shut.

NASpurs
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Phoenix still believes they're the better team. Spurs were lucky tonight with their shots.

703 Spurz
04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
If I could remember how to laugh, I would...

:downspin:

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 12:24 AM
:lmao I literally laughed out loud when I read the title.

BonnerDynasty
04-26-2008, 12:25 AM
D'Antoni didn't do the interview after the 3rd did he?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 12:28 AM
He was actually making sense in his interview.

thiste
04-26-2008, 12:29 AM
D'Antoni didn't do the interview after the 3rd did he?

Yes he did, and he said something along the lines of : "I've never witnessed such a great display of basketball my entire life".

He's giving the props tonight.

yeahone
04-26-2008, 12:31 AM
what are the moral victory they won tonight? suns lead the series 3-0 in moral victories

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
:lmao

Ended his interview with: "I could sit here and talk to you guys all night and still not have any answers."

Findog
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Phoenix still believes they're the better team. Spurs were lucky tonight with their shots.

The Spurs are a fake team that hit some lucky fluke shots and got all the calls. No surprises there.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM

Ended his interview with: "I could sit here and talk to you guys all night and still not have any answers."

He could coach a team with Nash for four season and not have any either...

BonnerDynasty
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes he did, and he said something along the lines of : "I've never witnessed such a great display of basketball my entire life".

He's giving the props tonight.

Damn!!!! Usually I turn it during commercial but I waited for it to come up and somehow missed it :depressed

SAtown
He was actually very humble and defeated in his interview. What else is he supposed to say?

Aggie Hoopsfan
It's the defense, stupid.

wijayas
04-26-2008, 12:38 AM
The Spurs are a fake team that hit some lucky fluke shots and got all the calls. No surprises there.

Oh oh...talking big just because Dallas just won, are you? Post here when your silly Mavs can win NO. Otherwise, stay away from the celebration....:lobt2:

ShoogarBear
04-26-2008, 12:38 AM

That will whip up the troops for Sunday.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
He was actually very humble and defeated in his interview. What else is he supposed to say?

To the delight of many, "I've realized I'm in over my head and have been an ankle chain to this team for too damn long now. I resign!"

duncan228
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
He said that on Sunday they have to come out and try to win one.
He said it like he knew the most they can hope to win is one.

WildcardManu
04-26-2008, 12:43 AM

The suns are mentally weak, they let one loss build them up or tear them down.

thiste
04-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Honestly this series is proving to the world how severely outcoached he is on every damn play. What else could he say ? yeah, let's try to win one...

1Parker1
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Why are Suns fans blaming D'Antoni? It's obvious the Suns problem is defense, but it's not his fault the team that he's had hasn't had any great defenders outside of Raja Bell. The Suns problem has always been that their 2 best players are defensive liabilities. Unless you trade Nash or Amare, opposing teams are always going to have opportunities to win the game.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Why are Suns fans blaming D'Antoni? It's obvious the Suns problem is defense, but it's not his fault the team that he's had hasn't had any great defenders outside of Raja Bell. The Suns problem has always been that their 2 best players are defensive liabilities. Unless you trade Nash or Amare, opposing teams are always going to have opportunities to win the game.

Are you fucking kidding me?

1Parker1
04-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Although one dumb move D'Antoni DID NOT make...why the hell hasn't he stuck Bell on Parker to start the games?? I know Bell's job is to cover Ginobili, but with Ginobili coming off the bench and Bell still starting, he should be on Parker, not Michael Frickin Finley. :lol

Good thing D'Antoni didn't think of this strategy in time...

Slomo
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
That will whip up the troops for Sunday.

:lol

That was my first thought.

gameFACE
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Off the record D'Asani admitted "well it really only feels like 4.5-0".

pawe
04-26-2008, 12:55 AM
he can always say: lets go!!! lets go!!! run, run, run!! lets go!!!

1Parker1

Ok well, let me rephrase that, what other coach outside of Pop/Phil Jackson do you think the Suns could have had that would have helped take this team over the top?? Sure D'Antoni is guilty of not utilizing his bench, not managing players minutes, and not making good in game adjustments. But even if he was good at all that, ultimately the Suns problems is defense thats what it's always been. And their two best players are the worst defenders.

BiZNicK
D'Antoni: "You can't fire me! I quit! Haha suckers, fuck defense!!!"

thiste
04-26-2008, 12:57 AM
he can always say: lets go!!! lets go!!! run, run, run!! lets go!!!

hahaha classic.

phyzik
04-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh oh...talking big just because Dallas just won, are you? Post here when your silly Mavs can win NO. Otherwise, stay away from the celebration....:lobt2:

....Your obviously new.....

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Ok well, let me rephrase that, what other coach outside of Pop/Phil Jackson do you think the Suns could have had that would have helped take this team over the top?? Sure D'Antoni is guilty of not utilizing his bench, not managing players minutes, and not making good in game adjustments. But even if he was good at all that, ultimately the Suns problems is defense thats what it's always been. And their two best players are the worst defenders.

Let's forget that Amare was actually drafted as a defender first and that in fewer minutes and fewer possessions as a rookie averaged as many rebounds per game as he was ever averaged under the increased possession D'Antoni system.

Let's also forget that the Suns have had the ability to play quality defensive centers when they've had them, but didn't, whether it be Hunter, Thomas or Skinner, each of whom averaged roughly 12-to-16 minutes per game.

Let's also forget that under D'Antoni's fabulous GMing, the Suns traded multiple picks, one that could have net them Rondo.

Part of the reason the Suns defense was always so pourus, was it was sacrificed to maximize offensive potential, meaning going small to gain a speed/shooting advantage and the like. This stemmed from D'Antoni's system.

Finally, to enable his 7-man rotations, D'Antoni frowns upon physical defense. Such often can lead to fouls and FTs. The former gets his thin rotation in foul trouble, forcing him to extend to players he hasn't chosen to coach, while the latter slows action and allows defenders to get back on defense.

I'm telling you, everything that's wrong stems from D'Antoni coaching, his system or his GM failings.

Whisky Dog
04-26-2008, 01:03 AM
If Pop can get Brent Barry and Michael Finley to rotate on defense then D'Antoni could teach proper team rotation defense if he wanted to focus on that for at least an entire season. They have a couple of good one on one defenders, but their rotations are shit. That's their problem.

1Parker1
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Let's forget that Amare was actually drafted as a defender first and that in fewer minutes and fewer possessions as a rookie averaged as many rebounds per game as he was ever averaged under the increased possession D'Antoni system.

Let's also forget that the Suns have had the ability to play quality defensive centers when they've had them, but didn't, whether it be Hunter, Thomas or Skinner, each of whom averaged roughly 12-to-16 minutes per game.

Let's also forget that under D'Antoni's fabulous GMing, the Suns traded multiple picks, one that could have net them Rondo.

Part of the reason the Suns defense was always so pourus, was it was sacrificed to maximize offensive potential, meaning going small to gain a speed/shooting advantage and the like. This stemmed from D'Antoni's system.

Finally, to enable his 7-man rotations, D'Antoni frowns upon physical defense. Such often can lead to fouls and FTs. The former gets his thin rotation in foul trouble, forcing him to extend to players he hasn't chosen to coach, while the latter slows action and allows defenders to get back on defense.

I'm telling you, everything that's wrong stems from D'Antoni coaching, his system or his GM failings.

:lol Well, I will definitely take your word for as I'm sure you've watched more Suns games and followed this team a lot closer than I have. I'm just going by what I've seen against the Spurs.

SpursIndonesia
04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Agreed, the Suns don't have the personnels to be a lockdown team ala Spurs, Pistons, or this year Celtics, but with proper coaching, ANY team can be decent defensively -even the much criticized Kings team of 02-04 were pretty decent defensively, while still having a strong offensive game (yeah, they didn't win championship, but beetween officiating scandal & Webber blown knee, i think they were not as futile compared to todays Suns).

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm not saying he hasn't added something to the Suns, or hasn't been beneficial at all, but I feel his weaknesses far outweigh his value. If Carlisle had last year's squad, I think they win 65 games, have a top-5 defense, and at least make the Finals.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 08:52 AM

:rollin

MizzouSpur20
04-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Nash has always been a weak ass defender and he breaks down during playoffs.

SpursFanFirst
04-26-2008, 09:02 AM
:lmao I literally laughed out loud when I read the title.

:lmao I did too

Shoogar, you're the best!