PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker appreciation thread..

HarlemHeat37
04-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Timmy always gets his, and Manu has been getting the due all year..but TP deserves some major love..

doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday, when Parker was a liability in the playoffs?..on both sides of the ball, he would just disappear in the playoffs, and everyone would worry if he was a regular season player..I love how he's emerged as a legit playoff performer in these last 2 years, and I love how he's improved the mental aspect of his game..he's only 25 and he has time to CONTINUE improving, as crazy as that sounds..

Spurs Brazil
04-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Fantastic game

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/01adaae7-28ce-4bad-9942-b97bfffd2b4a.jpg

gino>yourlife
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
parker has come a long way since 03.. best game of his career tonight, what else is there to say? :bowdown: Tony Parker

angel_luv
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap

Tony, tony, tony!

Capt Bringdown
04-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Hope he gets another finals MVP this year.

MaNu4Tres
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Great game Tony!! Keep pounding the rock!

urunobili
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
the AT&T center should give him a "tony tony tony" if we win this series... :)

Texas_Ranger
04-26-2008, 12:55 AM
>Good job, good job.

timvp
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday, when Parker was a liability in the playoffs?..on both sides of the ball, he would just disappear in the playoffs, and everyone would worry if he was a regular season playerOnce Parker destroyed Gary Payton in his first playoff game, I think most reasonable Spurs fans figured out Parker wasn't a regular season player. He's had some rough games, especially when he was young and the opposition would change their defense to focus solely on him but he never truly deserved the label a lot of so-called Spurs fans put on him of being a playoff choker.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Parker's peaking at the right time this season :hat

with him getting hot, I like our chances in the playoffs.

BiZNicK
04-26-2008, 01:16 AM
The NBA Playoffs

Where Tony Parker happens...

boutons_
04-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Amazing performance, just amazing. congrats.

DAF86
04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Tony's jumpers are the key. When he makes them the Spurs are unbeatable.

dbreiden83080
Best game of his career tonight he was the man from start to finish to you Tony. :toast:toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Un-freakin-stoppably AWESOME!

:toast

Whisky Dog
Has anyone accomplished this much success by age 25?

The guy is a bonafide star and is only getting better.

TDfan2007
He's truly an amazing ballplayer. He's got that pick and roll down pat.

Btw, it's official. That pullup of his is easily top 5 in the NBA, right there with Nash and Daron Williams. He's almost ungaurdable in a pick and roll with Tim. Actually, he is ungaurdable now because his decision-making has been impeccable. Beautiful game by TP tonight and it was great to see everyone on the team congradulate him. I'm glad to see Tony have all this success, he's paid his dues, is really humble, and a really nice and classy guy. He's just amazing and we as Spurs fans are blessed to have him on the team.

Btw, how about his defense this season? It's improved a LOT. Congratulations Tony!

td4mvp21
04-26-2008, 01:21 AM
That was just mean and ruthless what he did tonight. He nearly single-handedly ripped the Suns and their fans' hearts out.

Deimosfobos
04-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Tony was amazing today... the guy looked the the best baller in the planet today.

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:29 AM
2 league mvps my ass that is all about the system for Nash, Tony is the better player.

J_Paco
04-26-2008, 01:29 AM
That was just mean and ruthless what he did tonight. He nearly single-handedly ripped the Suns and their fans' hearts out.

I don't think he nearly ripped their hearts out, he left them bloody and dying on center court. Shit, I've been praising Parker for 4 or 5 years, on other message boards, when people didn't want to give him respect. Now, it's a bonafide fact that Parker is a top 5 player at his position, and possibly a HOFer. He's become an elite-level player right before our eyes and can actually still become better. :flag::flag::flag:

ilovethespurs
04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Great game Tony!! Congratulations from a Spurs fan in Manila:flag::toast!!

hitmanyr2k
04-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Great game for Tony and I liked his "business as usual" demeanor which is typical of all the Spurs. The last couple of days after watching Garnett pound his chest in garbage time against a D League team and Kobe also looking like an ass in garbage time as well it's nice to see a player kill a team but do it with class :lol

2centsworth
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Tony is a freakin stud. I'm a huge fan!!! In the word of Pop "he's Tony Freakin Parker!"

carina_gino20
04-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Tony Parker was cruel tonight. Merciless. Great job, Tony.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b8/fullj.0b1a4a1a109b11e79930d9b467c92ce1/0b1a4a1a109b11e79930d9b467c92ce1-getty-80358528jj009_san_antonio_s.jpg

Sweet.

carina_gino20
04-26-2008, 01:46 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080426/i/r611990918.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080426/capt.72799d82594841c48b1c655e84d665e4.spurs_suns_b asketball_pnu116.jpg
Manu: Okay, boy, I need the magnets back.

timvp
04-26-2008, 01:48 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080426/capt.72799d82594841c48b1c655e84d665e4.spurs_suns_b asketball_pnu116.jpg
Ah ha. There is Ginobili uploading his assassin files onto TP's hard drive.

J_Paco
04-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Great game for Tony and I liked his "business as usual" demeanor which is typical of all the Spurs. The last couple of days after watching Garnett pound his chest in garbage time against a D League team and Kobe also looking like an ass in garbage time as well it's nice to see a player kill a team but do it with class :lol

Amen, I second your feelings. I love Garnett and hate Kobe, but that over-the-top chest-thumping and "six-shooter" bullshit is so childish sometimes. Thankfully, the Spurs have learned from past experiences, '04 against Los Angeles, that premature celebrations can make you look like a fool in the end.

Emeyin
04-26-2008, 03:11 AM
This is the Tony Parker I've been looking for all regular season. The Finals MVP Parker! That's why I was hard on him because I was expecting the same output through 82 games. I didn't know he was saving his best for the playoffs. He's been incredible all series but tonight he was out of this world.

Love how the Big 3 has been unstoppable.

DieMrBond
04-26-2008, 03:24 AM
The sad thing is, its almost like Parker has become the Spurs new David Robinson - in the way he is appreciated by Spurs fans, but really an after thought for everyone else.

I mean, David Robinson is up there as one of the top 10 centers of all time, (no, im not saying parker is top 10 all time at pg...yet), but most other fans leave him off the list for the likes of Ewing, Walton, etc etc.

Constantly, Parker isnt even mentioned in the top 5-10 PGs currently playing today, yet he has far and away accomplished more than any other PG in the league, and he is only 25! Nash has 2 mvps. Sure, thats great (but they were fairly controversial... not saying he doesnt deserve them, and he is a great 1 way player). Billups has a championship ring and a finals mvp... parker has that plus 2 rings (and counting). You could go on and on...

I constantly hear the top pg talk as this:

Nash, Kidd, Billups, Williams, Paul, Arenas, David, Iverson, Harris - and then maybe Parker will get a mention. Heck, sometimes, TJ FORD gets mentioned as a better player than Parker!!

Damn, sometimes you just got to respect the guy.

Fernando TD21
04-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Amazing game by Parker! If he keeps playing like that, he will have another finals MVP and the Spurs will have their :lobt2:

romain.star
04-26-2008, 04:13 AM
The sad thing is, its almost like Parker has become the Spurs new David Robinson - in the way he is appreciated by Spurs fans, but really an after thought for everyone else.

I mean, David Robinson is up there as one of the top 10 centers of all time, (no, im not saying parker is top 10 all time at pg...yet), but most other fans leave him off the list for the likes of Ewing, Walton, etc etc.

Constantly, Parker isnt even mentioned in the top 5-10 PGs currently playing today, yet he has far and away accomplished more than any other PG in the league, and he is only 25! Nash has 2 mvps. Sure, thats great (but they were fairly controversial... not saying he doesnt deserve them, and he is a great 1 way player). Billups has a championship ring and a finals mvp... parker has that plus 2 rings (and counting). You could go on and on...

Nash, Kidd, Billups, Williams, Paul, Arenas, David, Iverson, Harris - and then maybe Parker will get a mention. Heck, sometimes, TJ FORD gets mentioned as a better player than Parker!!

I couldn't say it better
+ 1
TP deserves more love

DAF86
04-26-2008, 04:20 AM

:lol That's a little too much don't you think?

DieMrBond
04-26-2008, 04:28 AM
I wish i was joking.

J.T.
04-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Tony Parker was straight cash, homey! 41 points!

batboy
04-26-2008, 05:01 AM
In before Parker gets thrown under the bus again for being young, black, French, and having an off-night. Sorry, but you guys know how it is with most Spurs fans.

Harry Callahan
04-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Tony has remembered and learned from his past trials and tribulations early in his career. He did not have the luxury to develop in relative ananimity. He started for the Spurs about four or five games into his career at 19 years old.

This is the Tony Parker of June 2007. This Tony Parker gives the Spurs a real chance to win the whole enchilada again this year.

He made Steve Nash look like he just purchased his AARP membership.

Suns are done. Sweet.

WalterBenitez
04-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Ah ha. There is Ginobili uploading his assassin files onto TP's hard drive.

:lol amazing game by TP, he made me remember all those turnovers, and again is shining, he was a killer so fast, so skilled, even the camera man had problems to follow his moves !!!:clap:clap:clap

ballhog
04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Watching the last few games with Parker owning the Suns every time down the court, makes one appreciate him more and more. How many guys out there are this clutch this time of year? Sure, he can't shoot the 3 but that is SO overrated. When you watch Nash and Parker side by side, there is no comparison. Parker makes most players look slow and old.

samikeyp
04-26-2008, 08:03 AM
:worthy:

wildbill2u
04-26-2008, 08:10 AM

I was going to say the same thing, but you got here first and I couldn't say it any better. :toast

wildchild
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
As Brent said after the game, Le Magnifique Tony Parker. :toast

bigfundamental21
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Parker was unbelieveable in this game! He has matured into a fantastic player and when he is on like he was in this game, there is no team that can beat us.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Parker is a team killer. :smokin

jmard5
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
He did single handedly exposed Shaq and Nash as defensive liabilities.

diego
04-26-2008, 09:55 AM
i remember being so worried mid-season that he was not going to recover in time for the playoffs... and he comes back even better than before.

parker keeps improving and he put on a P&R clinic last night- it was just so fun watching nash and shaq humiliated by him. as others have mentioned, his decision making, defense, and jumpshot are catching up to his stellar penetration and as it all comes together, he's becoming a top player in his position. we are too lucky to have such a good team to root for

Brazil
01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Just a little bump from 2008 to find a TP appreciation thread. I thought that after all his difficulties this year and after his horrible game against Menphis, he played a solid game tonite with 0 TO and has been a decisive factor in this Win. So props to him and I hope he will be back strong for the most important part of the season.

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Ya he had a very good game, especially considering the circumstances, and he outplayed Paul..hopefully we'll see more of that as the season progresses..

Ice009
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Tony played good tonight. I thought he was going to disappear in the second half again, but he made some big plays late to get us the win.

I did say last season that I thought TP was the number 1 PG in the NBA. I don't know if I would say he is better than Paul overall, but for last season only, I thought he was just a touch better than both Paul and Williams.

I have been venting a lot this season about TP's game, but that is out there for fans that think I flat out hate TP. I just want the Spurs to win and TP to get back to his real level which was borderline Superstar level last season.

Brazil
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Ya he had a very good game, especially considering the circumstances, and he outplayed Paul..hopefully we'll see more of that as the season progresses..

I'm going to drink a glass of laphroaig and smoke a cohiba to that ! :toast

spursncowboys
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
best game of his career tonight he was the man from start to finish to you tony. :toast:toast
+1

Bukefal
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Indeed, he deserves a little appreciation after all the critics he always is getting. Nice and well deserved Bump of the thread :toast

Well done TP, please keep up like this, you are the best.
:flag::flag::flag:

Brazil
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Tony played good tonight. I thought he was going to disappear in the second half again, but he made some big plays late to get us the win.

I did say last season that I thought TP was the number 1 PG in the NBA. I don't know if I would say he is better than Paul overall, but for last season only, I thought he was just a touch better than both Paul and Williams.

I have been venting a lot this season about TP's game, but that is out there for fans that think I flat out hate TP. I just want the Spurs to win and TP to get back to his real level which was borderline Superstar level last season.

nice post Ice

I'm sure TP will at the top of his game for the PO and this is the most important.

The spurs are not yet a finish good but if healthy this team could be as good as the lakers, celts etc...

Chieflion
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
He was good today. Outplayed the best PG in the league and won the game for the team.

baseline bum
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Great game, TP. Now don't ever fucking play for France again, so we can see these kind of performances all the time like last season.

baseline bum
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Hope he gets another finals MVP this year.

That would be sweet. :lol

blkroadrunners
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Good game TP.