PDA

View Full Version : End Of Shaq

peacemaker885
04-26-2008, 12:52 AM
This could be the end of Shaq as we know him. Pop used and abused the Hack-A-Shaq strategy and really exposed the big man. Either he really concentrates on his free throws or other teams will constantly use this ploy.

Its ugly yes, but the way Pop is showing it right now, its not only getting the ball back, but its really killing their offense.

thiste
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Painfully true. He's only good at bumping our big three to the stands now it seems.

itzsoweezee
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
This could be the end of Shaq as we know him. Pop used and abused the Hack-A-Shaq strategy and really exposed the big man. Either he really concentrates on his free throws or other teams will constantly use this ploy.

Its ugly yes, but the way Pop is showing it right now, it not only to get the ball back, but its really killing their offense.

yeah, shaq was completely humiliated. i loved it!

i can't think of any time where hack-a-shaq was used proactively. usually, coaches only turn to it when they're desperate.

SouthernFried
04-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Shaq runs his mouth...pop uses his head.

DAF86
04-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree with the title but for different reasons: Pop abused of Shaq with the PnR not with the Haq a Shaq. From now on every team that faces Shaq will PnR him to dead.

wijayas
04-26-2008, 01:02 AM

Its ugly yes, but the way Pop is showing it right now, it not only to get the ball back, but its really killing their offense.

:toast

phyzik
04-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I agree with the title but for different reasons: Pop abused of Shaq with the PnR not with the Haq a Shaq. From now on every team that faces Shaq will PnR him to dead.

+1

timvp
04-26-2008, 01:04 AM
This was "I'mma bout to get swept" Shaq. This is what he does and why he's been swept so many times.

Capt Bringdown
04-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Hack a Shaq has been pure genius in this series.
A real boot to the neck move by Pop, I'm impressed.

Hasn't Shaq got a couple more years left on his contract? At 20 million per?
Nice move, Kerr. It seems you didn't learn a damn thing from your time with the Spurs organization.

Guajalote
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
I still think that this is a lethal (for the Suns) combination of an aging, slow center, who is not allowed to play to his strength, which is the halfcourt game and giving/receiving a pounding every night. Instead, he's forced to defend in the open court with no help.

(I'll bet David Robinson is eating this alive. He had to get pounded on by Snack every time they played.)

Whisky Dog
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Once Shaq layed the flagrant on Timmy, you knew he was mentally done.

He's doing what all mentally weak people do, and that's pack it in when you're down.

callo1
04-26-2008, 01:10 AM
End of Snaq, no WAY !!!

I though we were "gonna have to deal with the 325lb beast" LMAO at Mike DumbAntoni

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:17 AM
This was "I'mma bout to get swept" Shaq. This is what he does and why he's been swept so many times.

Duncan is the better all time player and he is making sure everyone knows it in this series.

BiZNicK
04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
“You just don’t really want to get me upset. When I’m upset, I’m known to do certain things…”

“…like win championships.”

- Shaq

:lol:rollin:lmao

greyforest
04-26-2008, 01:24 AM
shaq talks a whole lot of shit, and nothing makes me happier than watching shit talkers eat crow after they can't deliver

bye bye shaq, tim is better, and he's also not an egomaniac

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:26 AM
shaq talks a whole lot of shit, and nothing makes me happier than watching shit talkers eat crow after they can't deliver

bye bye shaq, tim is better, and he's also not an egomaniac

Shaq never shuts the hell up is what annoys me. Takes all the credit when they win and accepts no blame when they lose, that is why i can't stand him.

raspsa
04-26-2008, 01:27 AM
Shaq should have retired years ago but his ego wouldn't let him. It addictive being in the spotlight so many years.
So he decided to stay and play on. The least he could have done was tone down his bravado and display a little humility. He's just a shell of what he once was and now the weight of expectations from the Suns fans and organization have come crashing down on him. And he has to realize that there's really nothing he can do about it.
Just go quietly Shaq, with some dignity.

Ninja-Defense
04-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Man, fuck Shaq!

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Man, fuck Shaq!

He should retire in the off-season, he has no shot against Timmy anymore, he just gets owned.

PlayoffEx-static
04-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Shaq is just sad now. I was talking to peeps at the GTG about watching him in Miami this year. He took an offensive rebound right in front of the hoop, went back up without any contact, and got rim checked. He can't even dunk without a runup start any more. If he wants to have any kind of finish to his career, he really needs to drop back below 300. He's always felt like he's had to be big to handle the punishment he gets dished, but that just isn't working any more.

Findog
04-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Suns would love it if he retired. They're fucked with him on the books for 2 more years.

callo1
04-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Snaq is a circus freak now, has been for years.

Kyle Smith
04-26-2008, 01:58 AM
This run was for all purposes the end of Shaq anyway. He's an old fat man :/

Kyle Smith
04-26-2008, 01:59 AM
He should retire in the off-season, he has no shot against Timmy anymore, he just gets owned.

He has 2 years with phoenix though, doesn't he?

I could be wrong.

K-State Spur
04-26-2008, 02:02 AM

I'd rather he stay around in the desert. Keep taking up 20 million worth of cap space to be nothing more than a role player who can't be on the floor at crunch time.

J_Paco
04-26-2008, 02:16 AM
It's about damn time. I've been waiting for this fat, overrated blow-hard to retire for sometime now. Hopefully, being bested by he's main "generational" rival will cause his ass to finally put up the size 23's. I doubt it, though.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2008, 02:31 AM
He's either going to retire or show up in shape next summer. Both of those are good for Phoenix.

timvp
04-26-2008, 02:34 AM
I thought Shaq played well in the first two games. In Game 3, he was a disgrace. Then again, you could just look at his history of being swept to guess how he was going to come out this game.

callo1
04-26-2008, 02:36 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/dmqkb9.jpg

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Yup the big guy is about to enjoy his what 5th sweep from the playoffs? What a way to end a career...Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And it would be such poetic justice to the contrast that would provide to the way David went out.

Not to say he couldn't dog it through another season or two, but it will just be that. Dogging it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 02:38 AM
ouch, this thread is brutal :lol

wait til' the game 4 possible win, to say our respectful eulogies...

Tigole Bitties
04-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Shaq has been reduced to nothing more than a black Greg Ostertag

MannyIsGod
04-26-2008, 05:22 AM
His PnR defense has always been bad. Fuck man, have some pride.

statman32
04-26-2008, 05:24 AM
I am hoping I never have to see Shaq in a Suns uniform AGAIN.

polandprzem
04-26-2008, 05:30 AM
I am hoping I never have to see Shaq in a Suns uniform AGAIN.

So do not watch the game on Sunday.

spurscenter
04-26-2008, 05:32 AM
http://www.callmecj.com/sr/phxlogo.jpg

statman32
04-26-2008, 05:33 AM
So do not watch the game on Sunday.

I was kinda hoping he would fake a injury. :hat

If not, I look forward to throwing up at the sight of the incredible Nash/Shaq p&r defense duo.

DAF86
04-26-2008, 05:50 AM
I was wondering, will any team retire his number? I guess the Lakers but I'm not sure.

Harry Callahan
04-26-2008, 06:50 AM
He has 2 years with phoenix though, doesn't he?

I could be wrong.

Nope. You are not wrong. 700 days left on that shaq contract. He will squeeze every dime out of the Suns he can.

Is shaq now a slightly more talented version of Rasho? Now that is a funny thought.

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
How ever you feel about Shaq is still brutal to see his career possibly end with 2 consecutive playoff sweeps. The sad part is he is really trying but is just not there anymore. I don't get it this trade seemed to have started to work. The team was getting on track and then they picked the worst possible time to fall apart. D'Antoni's seat must be getting hot.

PlayoffEx-static
04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
He's either going to retire or show up in shape next summer. Both of those are good for Phoenix.

What on Earth makes you say that? Shaq has never come into camp in shape. He's even gone so far as to have surgery later in the off season so he can recover on "the team's time", and not on his vacation. There is also no way in hell he walks away from $40M. No way in hell.

Phoenix is stuck with his overpaid ass for at least one more season. They may be able to peddle his fat ass and contract in '09 if they aren't interested in using his cap room to enter the LeBron derby themselves in '10.

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
What on Earth makes you say that? Shaq has never come into camp in shape. He's even gone so far as to have surgery later in the off season so he can recover on "the team's time", and not on his vacation. There is also no way in hell he walks away from $40M. No way in hell.

Phoenix is stuck with his overpaid ass for at least one more season. They may be able to peddle his fat ass and contract in '09 if they aren't interested in using his cap room to enter the LeBron derby themselves in '10.

If Riley a Hall of Fame coach and a NBA Champion could not get Shaq to stay in shape D'Antoni has no chance.

wijayas
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM

Its ugly yes, but the way Pop is showing it right now, its not only getting the ball back, but its really killing their offense.

Nope. Shaq is not finished yet. The Cactus is still owed $20 million per season times two. Silly Kerr! :bang

baseline bum
04-26-2008, 10:31 AM

Dude, every team has been doing that for 7 years now. :lol

I remember one Phoenix-LA game 5 years ago where Stoudemire and Marbury ran the exact same pick and roll at the top of the key on Shaq about 10 or 11 times in a row in the 4th quarter, and Marbury drained the open jumper off of it all but one time I think.

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Dude, every team has been doing that for 7 years now. :lol

In Miami at least Riley could cover up for him because he had better defenders in James Posey and Alonzo Mourning. Plus Wade went nuts in the 06 playoffs. Can't also forget Haslem's defense on Dirk.

SenorSpur
04-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Preach on, my brother. All very true statements. :toast

The future aint real bright for both Shaq and the Suns. Shaq will have trouble facing the realization that he isn't the "Big Dog" anymore. Next, I wonder who Shaq will lay blame with his next imflammatory tirade. Stay tuned because, just like the change of seasons, that tirade will be forthcoming.

Meanwhile the Suns are stuck with Shaq's enormous, "cap-eating" contract. Which will prohibit any economic flexibility and trade maneuverability. Looks like that gamble made by Kerr, and that "chicken-fried" owner, has backfired in their fucking faces. :lol

Who looks like a hen now?

I'd say both are in bad shape and truly deserve one another.

GSH
04-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Shaq may be finished, but his legacy lives on. Just think about all the talent the Suns won't be able to sign because of the Big Cactus' salary.

diego
04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
i think this would be shaq's 7th sweep! and if there is one thing sweeter than taking out the suns, its humiliating shaq. i hope pop and the big 3 continue to expose all his weaknesses.

K-State Spur
04-26-2008, 11:38 AM

Why would he retire when he can bank 20 million for 25 minutes per night?

As for showing up in shape, isn't that what people say about him EVERY year?

And while some years he has done better than others, he's never going to be mistaken for Dwight Howard...

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Shaq runs his mouth...pop uses his head.

:toast

Shaq runs his mouth, Pop makes him eat his words.

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Yup the big guy is about to enjoy his what 5th sweep from the playoffs?

Make that his SEVENTH sweep from the playoffs.

After Friday's home loss to the Spurs in Game 3, the Suns are on the verge of being swept -- something that has happened to O'Neal six times in his career (see below).
Take Out the Brooms
Year Matchup Playoff Result
1994 Magic-Pacers First round
1995 Magic-Rockets NBA Finals
1996 Magic-Bulls Conf. finals
1998 Lakers-Jazz Conf. finals
1999 Lakers-Spurs Conf. semifinals
2007 Heat-Bulls First round

MiamiHeat
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
the reason the Suns started to win some games is because the Suns went 2-8 with Snaq.

They realized they needed to play PLAYOFF BASKETBALL and put up PLAYOFF effort to try and win REGULAR SEASON games and avoid missing the playoffs.

They did that. Grant Hill got injured cause of it.