PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Shaq quote of the season

GSH
04-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Just remembering my favorite Shaq quote of the season: "Hopefully those guys will compete rather than just fall down."

It scored a narrow victory over this one: “It’s all motivation,” he said. “I’m very upset ... and when I’m upset, I’m known to do certain things, like win championships." :lmao

Brings to mind my favorite quote from the movie True Grit: "...I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man".

Tonight's game was a lot sweeter because of the Suns' mouthiness. When the Spurs beat Utah in the playoffs last year, I felt like the Jazz deserved a lot of respect. But I seriously want to see the Suns get their noses rubbed in it. When you make comments like Shaq's... when you say you're the better team even when you lose... when you nickname yourself STAT... you damned well better back it up with a series win.

The best part is, they used up all their excuses. They got a big man. The refs definitely didn't help out the Spurs. No flopping. No controversy. Just a good old-fashioned ass-kicking. The only thing that would make it better is if the owner were to decide to dismantle, right out from under Steve Kerr's ass.

Real Tomato Ketchup
04-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Just remembering my favorite Shaq quote of the season: "Hopefully those guys will compete rather than just fall down."

It scored a narrow victory over this one: “It’s all motivation,” he said. “I’m very upset ... and when I’m upset, I’m known to do certain things, like win championships." :lmao

Brings to mind my favorite quote from the movie True Grit: "...I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man".

Tonight's game was a lot sweeter because of the Suns' mouthiness. When the Spurs beat Utah in the playoffs last year, I felt like the Jazz deserved a lot of respect. But I seriously want to see the Suns get their noses rubbed in it. When you make comments like Shaq's... when you say you're the better team even when you lose... when you nickname yourself STAT... you damned well better back it up with a series win.

The best part is, they used up all their excuses. They got a big man. The refs definitely didn't help out the Spurs. No flopping. No controversy. Just a good old-fashioned ass-kicking. The only thing that would make it better is if the owner were to decide to dismantle, right out from under Steve Kerr's ass.

I mumbled that one several times this eve.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

callo1
04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Time for Snaq to head on out to the Shady Acres retirement home and sit his fat ass under a shade tree drink some lemonade and play a little shuffleboard...ummm...wait, thats right, the Suns still owe him millions of dollars over the next few years, and NOBODY in their right mind would be moronic enough to take him off their hands.

So much for the "325lb beast" we were going to have unleashed on our poor hapless Spurs in this series:)

Gloating is such a wonderful thing....especially when you knew it would wind up like this:)

SpursFan0728
04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
he said "the suns will rise in Phx"

fuck that...

freemeat
04-26-2008, 02:07 AM
or "you can't beat me with mathematical strategies"