PDA

View Full Version : This game shows why Tim is the best player on the planet

TDfan2007
04-26-2008, 01:35 AM
The man has ABSOLUTELY no ego. None. He was content to be a decoy in Pop's pick and roll all game. Only got fed in the post around 5 times, and STILL dropped 20 and 10 on the Suns and Shaq like it was nothing.

Tim showed the complete game tonight: beautiful help defense, great screens, great movement without the ball, timely passing, and his ability to spread the floor on the pick and roll was crucial.

I mean seriously, it's just not fair if you're a Sun's fan. The guy works you in the post when you don't have Shaq. Then when you get Shaq he's dropping jumpers on your ass, both off the pick and roll and off a SCREEN CURL. How many guys can do that. The man has the complete package and is happy to take a backseat and watch his amazing backcourt teammates shred the suns a new asshole.

Tony was the star tonight, but Tim was once again the ho-hum unsung hero who did all the little things to get the win, including playing great 1 on 1 D on Shaq.

Btw, does anyone have a video of Tim's throwdown on Amare in the 1st quarter? That was sick and it set the tone for the game.

Man I love this team.

:flag::bking <-awesome new emoticon btw Kori!

Obstructed_View
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
He even excels at being a role player.

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:40 AM
TD is still the MVP of the NBA

Believe it :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Hey, this should be in here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92480

Tim Duncan - PLAYOFF WARRIOR.

;)

gino>yourlife
04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
i'm sorry, but when Tim Duncan is consistently hitting from mid-range there isn't much you can do with a PG like tony and a shooting guard like manu

if there was ever a definitive "undefendable" situation i would think that would have to be in the top 5

anjlbitz
04-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Are there no pictures of him posterizing Duhmare TWICE?

Those plays were just amazing

Obstructed_View
04-26-2008, 01:59 AM
i'm sorry, but when Tim Duncan is consistently hitting from mid-range there isn't much you can do with a PG like tony and a shooting guard like manu

if there was ever a definitive "undefendable" situation i would think that would have to be in the top 5

True. I hope the Spurs don't think that they are going to be able to shoot jumpers like that for the rest of the playoffs, though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Timmy's one hell of a role player.

TDfan2007
04-26-2008, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFt-zbowp-o

This is the poster on Amare. Sick dunk. I guess Tim still has it in him when he feels like it.

duncan228
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Duncan still has it, he never lost it. He paced himself well this year, now when it matters he's rested and ready. It was wonderful to watch him dunk tonight. He doesn't do it often with that kind of statement slam. And this series has been a loud statement from him. The first game he made it clear that he was not going to be denied a run at the repeat he wants. He said it after that game, it didn't matter to him if he scores 2 or 40, the win is all that matters. He's obviously thrilled when his teammates have a great game. He spoke glowingly about Parker tonight. Duncan is the ultimate winner. Selfless, talented, classy. There couldn't be a better leader for this team.

SpurCapita
04-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Tim's hands almost as good as this guy's -> :bking

remingtonbo2001
04-26-2008, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFt-zbowp-o

This is the poster on Amare. Sick dunk. I guess Tim still has it in him when he feels like it.

You think Tim will ever throw down the Statue of Liberty again?

jman3000
04-26-2008, 03:27 AM
You think Tim will ever throw down the Statue of Liberty again?

i miss that play. he'd post up and while taking his 2 steps to the basket would have his arm outstretched... i remeber a particularly nasty one against matt geiger.

polandprzem
04-26-2008, 05:39 AM
He even excels at being a role player.

Few years back I had a signature saying that:

Tim Duncan is the best superstar role player in NBA history

endrity
04-26-2008, 05:54 AM
All I can say..... you guys are sooooo lucky. TD is the best player of this decade, and showed it against Shaq this series.

I would love a rematch of 06, I still think there is nothing like Mavs -Spurs game. The level is so high compared to anything else out there.

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM
TIM u DA MAN!

:married::married:

bigfundamental21
04-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Duncan still has it, he never lost it. He paced himself well this year, now when it matters he's rested and ready. It was wonderful to watch him dunk tonight. He doesn't do it often with that kind of statement slam. And this series has been a loud statement from him. The first game he made it clear that he was not going to be denied a run at the repeat he wants. He said it after that game, it didn't matter to him if he scores 2 or 40, the win is all that matters. He's obviously thrilled when his teammates have a great game. He spoke glowingly about Parker tonight. Duncan is the ultimate winner. Selfless, talented, classy. There couldn't be a better leader for this team.

:toast

I couldn't have said it better, duncan228. Duncan is Awesome!