PDA

View Full Version : Spurs rivals destroying themselves or "moves you don't make"

JPB
04-26-2008, 05:33 AM
According to the saying, sometimes the moves you don't make are more important than those you make.

Witnessing Suns falldown (I know, the series isn't over yet), you can't avoid thinking about that.

Phoenix traded for the big cactus to finally catch the spurs and few weeks later they're 0-3, playing to avoid an embarassing and probably d'Antony's coaching job ending's sweep.

Then, other big time friends, Dallas Mavericks jeopardized their future, despite 2 warnings for Cuban (D. George and Stackmouth), for Jason Kidd's leadership, losing Diop and Harris, two historic trouble makers for the spurs in the process and seem now the shadow of the last team who sent the silver and black in vacation.

Meanwhile, SA didn't follow this trend an just added veteran center Thomas, a move that already has paid dividents.

Their opponents somehow hurt themselves, without SA's help.

You definitely can't buy chemistry and experience.

statman32
04-26-2008, 05:36 AM
The Shaq trade isnt what really destroyed us. The Kurt Thomas trade forced us to do that. I still cant believe we traded him and two future first round picks just so that he could beat us. :lol

DAF86
04-26-2008, 05:38 AM
I knew both of those trades were going to be great for us!

Specially the Mavs trade, I had them winning the championship at the begining of the season. :flag:

JPB
04-26-2008, 05:41 AM
The Shaq trade isnt what really destroyed us. The Kurt Thomas trade forced us to do that. I still cant believe we traded him and two future first round picks just so that he could beat us. :lol

I agree.

That's what I thought when they traded him in the last offseason.

The irony of it is that they did it to save some money and now they have Shaq's big contract to handle...

m33p0
04-26-2008, 06:01 AM
they pressed the panic button.

JPB
04-26-2008, 07:54 AM
they pressed the panic button.

As many spurs fans every year.

samikeyp
04-26-2008, 08:02 AM
As many spurs fans every year.

Panic? Among Spurs fans? Never!

:lol