PDA

View Full Version : Dog Advice

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 09:47 AM
My dog's current brand of flea/tick shampoo isn't doing shit. I wash her just about everyday and she's still constantly scratching. For those of you with dogs, what kind of flea/tick shampoo do you use?

BacktoBasics
04-26-2008, 09:50 AM
I forgot what they were called Advantix or some shit. Three drops on the backbone of the dog and it lasts for about a month. I was pretty satisfied with the results.

marini martini
04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
My dog's current brand of flea/tick shampoo isn't doing shit. I wash her just about everyday and she's still constantly scratching. For those of you with dogs, what kind of flea/tick shampoo do you use?

I would think washing her almost every day, would dry her skin out, thus making her scratch. I think those drops work much better. IMO

Evan
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I wash her just about everyday

Well there's your problem!

spurs=bling
04-26-2008, 10:14 AM
I use frontline with my dogs. And giving the dog a bath everyday will only dry out their coat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Hmm. Well I learned something new today.
I'll look into how often I should bathe her.
And thanks, B2B, I'll try to get some Advantix. :tu

stress
04-26-2008, 10:26 AM
yup the drops work very good !! my dog scratches when her new coat comes in too so check on that too

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Dogs don't just scratch because of fleas and ticks...they can have allergies just like people...try a different dog food...they have some especially for allergy prone dogs...

balli
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
My old lab got a skin condition where basically she had a yeast growing all over her entire body and I had to get her a prescription yeast killing shampoo and some pills to get rid of it. Are you sure it's fleas or ticks and not something like fungus or yeast? It's worth checking out. My vet told me that yeast has the potential to get in them internally and start fucking up organs.

I just got my Golden Retriever shaved for the first time and now he's acting like a depressed kook. Anyone know anything about that?

bendmz
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
there's a Feed Store on Rigsby and W.W.White road that sells a flea shampoo called COOPERS........
used that once on my dogs and it worked wonders.... cost $$$ though.

LuvBones
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Mr Bottomtooth, you shouldn't have to bathe her everyday. That's not too good for the skin. If you want to go a more natural route, you can spray her down with some essential oils. Purification and Citrus mixed with water will get rid of the fleas. You can put it in a spray bottle and spray her body, and it's not dangerous for your dog to lick off unlike advantage or frontline.

koopa
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
frontline plus is the ticket to keeping fleas and ticks off your dog......

2Blonde
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
My old lab got a skin condition where basically she had a yeast growing all over her entire body and I had to get her a prescription yeast killing shampoo and some pills to get rid of it. Are you sure it's fleas or ticks and not something like fungus or yeast? It's worth checking out. My vet told me that yeast has the potential to get in them internally and start fucking up organs.

I just got my Golden Retriever shaved for the first time and now he's acting like a depressed kook. Anyone know anything about that?

We get our German Shepherd shaved every few months but the change in her behavior is positive. She always acts like a young pup for the first 2-3 weeks after she gets shaved. Even though she is 11 years old. I don't know why your dog acts depressed. Maybe he doesn't like the groomer.

Elraptor
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Honestly my dog and cats don't have that sort of problem to much especially for how much they go outside and hunt birds and stuff. :lol

Can't tell you to be honest, but good luck getting this figured out.