PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen appreciation post

DDS4
04-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Anytime you hold the 2-time MVP in Nash to 7 points and 9 assists, and made him feel like an "outsider", you've done pretty damn good job.

Bowen's D was amazing last night. We sometimes take it for granted.

The people who vote for DPOY just don't get it....

wijayas
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Here is one big thanks to Bruce for keeping Nash in a lash.

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Anytime you hold the 2-time MVP in Nash to 7 points and 9 assists, and made him feel like an "outsider", you've done pretty damn good job.

Bowen's D was amazing last night. We sometimes take it for granted.

The people who vote for DPOY just don't get it....

Garnett has been great all season on the defensive end. He anchors the Celtics defense. Bowen is great but don't gey carry away over one series. Garnett has lead the Celts to 66 wins.

Sigz
04-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Bruce is a god even at 37.

The best defensive player, in at least the past 4 years.

Fuck the stats... I'll take Bruce Bowen.

urunobili
04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
it is disrespectful to talk about the big three... we have the big 4. period.

foodie2
04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Garnett has been great all season on the defensive end. He anchors the Celtics defense. Bowen is great but don't gey [sic] carry [sic] away over one series. Garnett has lead [sic] the Celts to 66 wins.

One series? I guess you haven't watched much Spurs basketball.

Of course, expecting a Phoenix fan to appreciate good defense is a stretch.

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 11:59 AM
YES! Bruce Bowen deserves more love for his game last night. He was amazing, hounding Nash completely out of the game. Bruce, you are officially one of the Big Four.

Texas_Ranger
04-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Bruce was awesome!!

anjlbitz
04-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I hate how underappreciated he is. I was at the mall yesterday and they left him out of the Spurs shirt and put Horry's name instead.

Big Shot Rob was important before but now that he's just an extra body to use for hack-a-Shaq (for this series anyway) I think the shirt should have said Kurt, Bruce, Manu, Tony and Timmy

m33p0
04-26-2008, 01:22 PM
he had nash on a sleeper hold all game long. :clap

nfg3
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Garnett has been great all season on the defensive end. He anchors the Celtics defense. Bowen is great but don't gey carry away over one series. Garnett has lead the Celts to 66 wins.

KG has been great this season and probably deserved the DPOY. I didn't think Bruce was in the running this year. I really believe that his time is over for the reward but IMO he has been slighted by the voters for the reward in the past. Anyway I'm of the opinion that the DPOY is overrated. The All D teams are voted on by the coaches while the DPOY is voted on by the media. Frankly BB should have won it already. But media bias has prevailed IMO. But you can't really compare the two - they fill different roles and KG is a much better all around player. No contest but Bruce fills his role on the Spurs extremely well. His 4 consecutive 1st team selections added to his prior 3 consecutive 2nd team selections speak volumes.

Anyway this isn't about KG but about the awesome job he did on Nash last night. He was the unsung hero. The Spurs don't look to him for points- imagine if they did : they'd be in deep trouble:depressed - but to apply the defensive pressure to the other team's stars thereby limiting the inpact that they would have had otherwise. Nash: 7 pts and 9 asists. Defense rests (no pun intended):toast

Geeboy
04-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Keep it up Bruce!!! 13 to go, hang in there.

shelshor
04-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Go get 'em, Bruce!!!

WalterBenitez
04-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I like him, congrats to him and blah ... but KT was also great, his face are even funny.

SAGambler
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
You just keep doing what you do Bruce. Being a huge part of winning championships.

bdictjames
04-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I love how he makes Nash think too much.

Quasar
05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Bruce is my fave player after Manu and David.

Just found this in the notes of the Celtics beat down: Asked who defends him best, [Lebron] James mentioned San Antonio’s Bruce Bowen and Sacramento’s Ron Artest.

I started out disliking Lebron due to all the hype and the way he played in the Rookie All-star, but his character and play is making him difficult to dislike! No whining and nothing but respect for other players!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008051205