PDA

View Full Version : The Mad Maestro Viewing His Work

Mr. Happy
04-26-2008, 12:20 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/smokinjoe251/Kerrvillebusted.jpg

Job. Well. Done.

Also, I like the look of absolute disgust and embarrasment on the chick Kerr's with...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/smokinjoe251/KerrsBitch.jpg

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Beautiful!!

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey they rolled the dice, and it came out craps. They really had to make a move to change their makeup. They could never beat SA or LA if they maintained the statis quo,so you can not blame management for this. They need to get a couple of very good defenders to replace Hill and Barbosa, like say a Shane Battie and an Artest like guard.......until they do that, they have no sot against SA

Mr. Happy
04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey they rolled the dice, and it came out craps. They really had to make a move to change their makeup. They could never beat SA or LA if they maintained the statis quo,so you can not blame management for this. They need to get a couple of very good defenders to replace Hill and Barbosa, like say a Shane Battie and an Artest like guard.......until they do that, they have no sot against SA

What they had wasn't working against the Spurs in the playoffs, but what Kerr did was panic. Looking at the real weaknesses at the time:

1) Rebounding
2) Team defense
3) Discipline

Instead of considering ways to change these Kerr just went out and tied up $40+ million in a guy who was going to help rebounding, but create these problems:

1) Lack of 3 pt shooting
2) Team defense and especially P&R defense
3) Completely change the identity of a team mid season

It was a panic induced move that wasn't well thought out. Replacing Hill and Barbosa with Artest or whoever isn't going to change anything as long as the team defense is non-existent. Last night's game basically had Shaq switching off onto Parker or Ginobili on the P&R and then getting left out to dry when they blew right past him or backed out and shot over him. Also, how many times was Stoudemire so late on help rotations that he was under the basket as the Spurs (TD a couple of times) were throwing it down or laying it up in his grill?

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 12:50 PM
What they had wasn't working against the Spurs in the playoffs, but what Kerr did was panic. Looking at the real weaknesses at the time:

1) Rebounding
2) Team defense
3) Discipline

Instead of considering ways to change these Kerr just went out and tied up $40+ million in a guy who was going to help rebounding, but create these problems:

1) Lack of 3 pt shooting
2) Team defense and especially P&R defense
3) Completely change the identity of a team mid season

It was a panic induced move that wasn't well thought out. Replacing Hill and Barbosa with Artest or whoever isn't going to change anything as long as the team defense is non-existent. Last night's game basically had Shaq switching off onto Parker or Ginobili on the P&R and then getting left out to dry when they blew right past him or backed out and shot over him. Also, how many times was Stoudemire so late on help rotations that he was under the basket as the Spurs (TD a couple of times) were throwing it down or laying it up in his grill?

:toast

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 12:52 PM
as I said, they were not getting past SA in playoffs no matter what...they caught the wrong opponent again, that is all.

There are many many teams left in the Spurs playoff wake the last few years....you know

peskypesky
04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
they caught the wrong opponent again, that is all.

Just admit you were wrong, Kerr.

dknights411
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Kerr has always been clutch for the Spurs!

:lol

duncan228
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
...they caught the wrong opponent again, that is all.

They caught the opponent they brought Shaq in to beat.

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
They caught the opponent they brought Shaq in to beat.

ironic, huh?

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I just can not rag on Kerr, I love the guy. He is was huge in our 2nd championship run.....I will always love the guy for that.

duncan228
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
ironic, huh?

The perfect definition of it.

Whisky Dog
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I just can not rag on Kerr, I love the guy. He is was huge in our 2nd championship run.....I will always love the guy for that.

Well, you can still keep your man crush on the guy but admit that he acted hastily, possibly paniced, and now has a huge albatross of a contract on a player that Pop has exposed as a liability.

BonnerDynasty
04-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Why all this Kerr hate. He is a great guy. He took a gamble and just didn't have the right pieces.

Condemned 2 HelLA
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Kerr has always been clutch for the Spurs!

Ouch!
:lmao

degenerate_gambler
04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
and now has a huge albatross of a contract on a player that Pop has exposed as a liability.

and until that's gone...rebuilding is just a dream.

Summers
04-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Bonner Dynasty, your siggy is das uber gheyenstein.

Xylus
04-26-2008, 05:17 PM
It should tell you a lot about Steve Kerr that 99% of all Suns fans are calling out Mike D'Antoni, and only 1% are calling out Steve Kerr.

The man has balls, and that's the kind of GM we need. We weren't going anywhere with Shawn Marion, either, so I hardly see the Shaq trade as an indictment of Kerr's GM abilities. Rather, it's an indictment of D'Antoni's system that he couldn't implement one of the better centers in the game with one of the best point guards in the game and one of the best power forwards in the game.

All the puzzle pieces fit together fine, but D'Antoni just couldn't figure out how to construct the big picture, let alone what it should look alike.

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Kerr made a gutsy move and this series was closer than the 0-3 record indicates. Shaq was actually pretty impressive in the first two games. He quit on the team last night however.

D'Antoni was at fault here...It was his system that brought Amare up through a style of play that required little to know defense, when he has all the assets to be a great one. It is his system that didn't find a way of hiding Nash on D. It was his system that didn't adjust to the PnR last night.

Whisky Dog
04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
So Amare should have been taught to play D while Nash should have been hidden on D?

You can't win a title with a complete defensive liability on D from your star PG position. D'Antoni is what he is, an offensive guru. He doesnt coach defense and never will. He's another version of Don Nelson. The Suns hired him knowing this, and Kerr should have known this before mortgaging that team's future on shaq when the defense wasnt in place to begin with. Did Kerr not learn anything from Pop? Or did his ego lead him to believe he could do it without defense?

SPARKY
04-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Spur Fans' irrational love for Kerr makes sense now.

raspsa
04-26-2008, 06:03 PM
As was mentioned duringa broadcast, all the key players in the decision approved the Shaq trade.. Sarver, Kerr, D'Antoni, Nash. Just curious though who had the initial Idea. My guess is Kerr.

Capt Bringdown
04-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Just because you're a role player who's made some clutch shots doesn't mean you can run a franchise.

ancestron
04-26-2008, 07:11 PM
It will be nice having Kerr back in the broadcast booth next season.

Brutalis
04-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Eh this Kerr hate is getting way too much. The dude made a bad decision but has made several good ones however. The coach is pretty much the suck on top of it all.

I really think what's happened to him, done by us of course, is just enough said. I mean look at them for goodness sake. It's not like Kerr is making those Shaq like quotes in the other thread.

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Kerr hasn't even begun to shape the team into whatever his vision is. He has however tried to patch some of the holes in the Suns systems, and I think he may be smart enough to realize they were just that patches on a broken system. Give him a year or two with a system he puts in place with a coach he picks to decide whether he deserves the hate.

I mean the guy may turn out to be a pretty good GM, if he can learn from his mistakes. I agree giving up on Kurt Thomas was seriously dumb, and doing it while giving up draft picks was doubly so, but the Shaq trade wasn't horrible. The team seemed to come together towards the end of the year. They just ran into Us, and with the way the Spurs are playing would have been a loss for any team in the L.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Before Shaq, the Suns were competing for the number 1 seed in the West.

PlayoffEx-static
04-26-2008, 07:40 PM

Yeah, and then he took a giant dump on our franchise in his dual-hatted role as commentator and part owner of the Suns. I'm glad Pop called him out.

DespЏrado
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, and then he took a giant dump on our franchise in his dual-hatted role as commentator and part owner of the Suns. I'm glad Pop called him out.

Yeah I forgot about how bad he was for the Suns games he called during his time at the mic as an owner...He quickly lost the respect I had for him.

I would like to think it was a mistake and he can earn it back. Maybe I shouldn't be so forgiving...The Sweep is all but inevitable though, and beating his ass makes me more forgiving.