PDA

View Full Version : Polands some thoughs on a game 3

polandprzem
04-26-2008, 05:53 PM
I was waiting for timvp to start his traditional tradition, but I failed and need to go to sleep. :sleep

:ihit

Well I’m glad as I can that I was able to watch every game of this series ‘live’ and I’m glad my body is keeping up with not sleeping the job, watching, the emotions and things like that.

But most of all I glad the spurs showed so much heart and experience on that game 3 that they were able to smash nash and declass da suns.

The game 3 reminded me of the 1999 spurs team and the series against Portland. Two very close first games and no history on the read just pure sweep.
Talking about sweep:
Shaq may make another sweep come true on Sunday:
1994 vs Indy 0-3
1995 vs Houston 0-4
1996 vs Chicago 0-4
1999 vs Spurs 0-4
2007 vs Chicago 0-4
2008 ?

Possibility but not reality yet. Although as LJ said and I knew it. Shaq is in sweep mode. HE just don’t want to do anything , he gets upset and do not give much of a damn as the time go.

Shaq was better then I expected for this season as a Sun he brought something the Suns needed to go further in the playoffs, but they lost their identity.
The could not spread the floor.
In 2005 they could suck up the defense and pass the ball to the open man who was hitting the J esp. from 3 point land. And they were moving the ball like a machine. The Nash Amare p&r was unstoppable and still is but you can see that Nash do not have another option to go when they close the lane to Studemire and won’t let Nash shoot.

It maybe was a CIA in full force to make a simple tactic against the best teams in the season just to surprise them in the playoffs. Well maybe.

I wonder how much bad was a Suns D comparing it to the Celtics or Jazz, how the spurs would handle their pressure?

I think that barbosa was the only guy who knew what was necessary to win against the spurs. Hill wanted to compete but he couldn’t – if he was able to play 100% all series long I don’t belive the spurs would go 3 -0.

About the play:
I love when every player bring something to the game and the win. And I love it even more when I see a role players showing their strongest sides and what they are known for.

Happy birthday Timmay says TP who was outstanding in that contest, well sometime he forced too much but the p&rolls and his jumpers were not from this planet. Where amazing happens. Incredible !
Tim – I think he played so smart and effective but still everyone took it for granted. He was compeating was making shots and was finishing the screenrolls. His D was as good as his D could be. So damn, there was one sequence when I said to myself- Tim is making everybody better from manu, Tony Bruce and even Kurt Thomas or Oberto.

Speaking of Oberto – I have not much to say but he was not owned by Amare or O’neal and that was all good (or maybe I saw something different then it was).

Bowens defense again – he was forcing Nash to go into the areas he was not feeling much comfortable, and he cut almost every screen roll. I’m impressed.

Damn I am! :worthy:
I thought that the spurs will lose this game and will be demolished and things like that. But they jumped on Suns early on and more important they stayed that way and did not let suns rolling.
Speaking about not getting the Suns rolling we have to talk about hack a Shaq. I don’t like it much for long stretches. OK we can do it occasionally (to kill the pace) but not the way Pop did it. Hmm you can call me a fool cause Pops tactic went in right direction. And the line violation? I agree with JVG they did not whistle it for the whole season and now they started doing it.

Tell me that Udoka is not good as a small ball PF? He is, his D and esp. the rebounds gives spurs more opportunities to go small.

Worries: one worry is Finley whos shot was off that nite. Hopefully it’s just a fluke cause he has been hot for over a month.

Suns are the worst opponent for the spurs in the first round because of Shaq being still fresh and Suns on a roll with Barry still rusty and not 100% and he is very much important against the PHO team so I’m very satisfied the spurs went 3-0 in that series.
Tp add to that the Suns looked like they lost the series already. They are talking differently with Amare calling TD a King. Nash is like – Ohh there is always next year, Shaq the sweep mode and that’s it. Umm I don’t think that Shaq will much productive when playing all 82 games. Ehh I don’t care. There is job t be done.

And Bonner was in street clothes? (when you can say it’s a street clothes after they brought that dress code :cuss - it takes away the players personality and the sportsmen are a specific nation with strong individual and they can’t show it. )

How Horrible was Damon :pctoss I will call Pop :cell I can run some point in garbage time.

As for Timmy- what did Bird that he still is ahead of Tim in the forward position on a list of top players in history?

Game 4 is on Sunday so I hope the spurs will go strong cause the Suns will not surrender at their own home at the beginning of a game.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2008, 06:01 PM
those game thoughts are coming in later than usual lately.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
those game thoughts are coming in later than usual lately.

:lol

I didn't know there was time limit.

We go out during the playoffs for every game (home and away), so it will be rare when game thoughts are the same night as the game. But they'll be before the next game begins.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
that's why im kori's nightmare :lol:

spursfaninla
04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Nice job polar.

This game was a pleasure. Actually, each win has been very sweet.

The first was exquisite-perfect, highlight type game.

Second was the spurs putting the vise on them in the 3rd and cruising from there.

Here, it was a game of total domination.

I'm liking the momentum the team is gaining in the playoffs.

polandprzem
04-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I was as sucessfull with starting this thread as O'neal on defending on permieter :rolleyes

I got the talk about timvps thoughts and spursfaninla called me polar

not good :(

SpursIndonesia
04-27-2008, 10:23 AM
My cuddly polar bear, don't come anywhere near Indonesia, you will melt rightaway under the tropical sun. :D

polandprzem
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Why did you screw our flag?

SpursIndonesia
04-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Yin & yang my friend, for the sake of universe balance. :D