PDA

View Full Version : *The Asterisk Champions*

5ToolMan
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
On their way to four NBA Championships the Spurs have managed to gather more asterisks than any Dynasty in the history of team sports.

In 1999 the Spurs grabbed *The MJ Retired Asterick, *The Strike Season Asterisk, *The Spurs Are Boring Asterisk and *The Knicks Suck Asterisk on their way to their first NBA Championship

In 2003 the Spurs added *The Dirk Injury Asterisk, *The C-Webb Injury Asterisk, *The Lakers In Turmoil Asterisk, *The Spurs Are Still Boring Asterisk and*The Nets Suck Asterisk on their way to NBA Championship #2.

On their way to NBA Championship #3 the Spurs were again very busy adding to their Asterisk collection, piling on *The Manu Flops Asterisk, *The Bruce is Dirty Asterisk, *The Joe Johnson Injury Asterisk, *The Suns Are Better Asterisk to their impressive collection.

The Spurs asterisk harvest on the way to NBA Championship #4 in 2007 was concentrated on only the Suns. But with the Suns, they hit the Mother Load in what is certainly another NBA Record for the Spurs dynasty. The Suns, the media and the Suns Fans piled it deep and high with *The Stevie Bloody Nose Asterisk, *The Manu Flops Asterisk, *The Bruce Is Dirty Asterisk, *The Horry Is Dirty Asterisk, *The Suspension Asterisk, and another *The Suns Are Better Asterisk.

On the Spurs “Drive To Five” in 2008 the asterisk collection is as good as ever. Only three games into the Suns series the Spurs have gathered two *Luck Shot Asterisks, and *The Hack-A-Shaq Asterisk. They did have their third *The Suns Are Better Asterisk, but for some reason that was snatched back.

I loathed the first few Spurs Asterisk Championships, and hated those who kept giving them to the Spurs. Lately I have really started to enjoy them for what they are. If you look at them closely, the asterisk represents a large *SPUR. Today I take joy knowing all Spurs Championship Asterisks dig much deeper into the Horses Asses who give them, than they ever will my Spurs.

Cheers to *The Asterisk Champions* Our San Antonio Spurs!

balli
04-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Jesus. One hell of a persecution complex you got there.

J_Paco
04-26-2008, 06:05 PM
On their way to four NBA Championships the Spurs have managed to gather more asterisks than any Dynasty in the history of team sports.

In 1999 the Spurs grabbed *The MJ Retired Asterick, *The Strike Season Asterisk, *The Spurs Are Boring Asterisk and *The Knicks Suck Asterisk on their way to their first NBA Championship

In 2003 the Spurs added *The Dirk Injury Asterisk, *The C-Webb Injury Asterisk, *The Lakers In Turmoil Asterisk, *The Spurs Are Still Boring Asterisk and*The Nets Suck Asterisk on their way to NBA Championship #2.

On their way to NBA Championship #3 the Spurs were again very busy adding to their Asterisk collection, piling on *The Manu Flops Asterisk, *The Bruce is Dirty Asterisk, *The Joe Johnson Injury Asterisk, *The Suns Are Better Asterisk to their impressive collection.

The Spurs asterisk harvest on the way to NBA Championship #4 in 2007 was concentrated on only the Suns. But with the Suns, they hit the Mother Load in what is certainly another NBA Record for the Spurs dynasty. The Suns, the media and the Suns Fans piled it deep and high with *The Stevie Bloody Nose Asterisk, *The Manu Flops Asterisk, *The Bruce Is Dirty Asterisk, *The Horry Is Dirty Asterisk, *The Suspension Asterisk, and another *The Suns Are Better Asterisk.

On the Spurs “Drive To Five” in 2008 the asterisk collection is as good as ever. Only three games into the Suns series the Spurs have gathered two *Luck Shot Asterisks, and *The Hack-A-Shaq Asterisk. They did have their third *The Suns Are Better Asterisk, but for some reason that was snatched back.

I loathed the first few Spurs Asterisk Championships, and hated those who kept giving them to the Spurs. Lately I have really started to enjoy them for what they are. If you look at them closely, the asterisk represents a large *SPUR. Today I take joy knowing all Spurs Championship Asterisks dig much deeper into the Horses Asses who give them, than they ever will my Spurs.

Cheers to *The Asterisk Champions* Our San Antonio Spurs!

What was the point of this post? Like any of the whiners that claim these bullshit "asterisk championships" would reject the title if things went their team's way in a similar fashion. We've got the best franchise and player over the past decade in the NBA, that's all that matters to me (and Larry O'Brien trophies). Fuck what anyone else has to say.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

ClingingMars
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
it's the truth, let them keep hatin', we'll keep winning championships! fuck the asterisks!

- Mars

remingtonbo2001
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM

:lol No kidding.

SRJ
04-26-2008, 06:09 PM
:tu This is great. I would only add two more:

1999: "Sean Elliott's totally lucky shot" asterisk.

2003: "Horry missed a wide open three in game five" asterisk.

CubanMustGo
04-26-2008, 06:12 PM
5Toolman? Tool would suffice.

5ToolMan
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM

Actually it was satire about the Horses Asses. Something you should relate to. :lol

G-Nob
04-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Every team in the history of the nba gets an asterisk except bill russell

BiZNicK
04-26-2008, 06:16 PM
*Spurs are just too good it's unfair*

jaffies
04-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Actually it was satire about the Horses Asses.

This isn't satire.
It sounds like you're agreeing with the asterisks, then cowardly accepting them, then cheering them on.