PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Quotes

duncan228
04-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I was looking around to see if Shaq has said anything about being down 3-0. I didn't find anything but I found a some other quotes that were...Shaq like. For a guy with such a big mouth he sure has disappeared the last couple of days.

http://www.shaqquotes.com/

Older ones:

“In this millennium that we live in, the ‘Hack-a-Shaq’has proven not to work. It might work a couple games every now and then, but when it comes to the playoffs or a championship series, it doesn’t work - not at all.”

“The Spurs are a great WNBA team.”

ESPN: What do you think of the NBA Finals match-up this time around?
SHAQ: I think it’s boring. It would have been better if we were there. The ratings would have been better. The games would have been better. There would have been more entertainers at the game. It would have been fun. I think it’s boring, but I don’t know, who am I? I didn’t make it, so I don’t have room to talk. But I’ll be back; I’ll be there.

“He’s got a ring, so I’m taking home the trophy.” (Referring to the co-MVP honors for both Shaquille O’Neal and Tim Duncan in the 2000 All-Star game.)

Since the trade:

“The Big Cactus…because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.” (Referring to his first new nickname as a Phoenix Sun.)

“I am shogun, led by no one. Shaquille O’Neal. Been through all the storms. I’m still here. In the words of Muhammad Ali, ‘I must be the greatest.’ I was left for dead, and they threw me in the desert. Body-slammed me in some cactus. Barbosa, Nash, and Amare came to save me. That’s why I call myself the Big Cactus. They brought me to the medical staff, who released and relieved me from splinteritis. No more splinters in my back. Now, I’m back. Every time I see a cactus, I go crazy….You saved me! You saved the Big Cactus. Yes, you did. If it wasn’t for you, Big Cactus would not be here. 730 days left. The shogun’s reign will be over. There will be no more. I’ve killed them all. Think about it.” (Where amazing happens.)

“When you’ve got a guy that’s going to look for you, you run. A lot of people think I can’t run, but my thing was I wasn’t going to be running if you’re not going to throw it. I know Nash will throw it.”

“Me.” (When asked to name the best-passing big man he has seen in 16 NBA seasons.)

“I’m more like a senior adviser so I don’t like to come in here and try to take over. Just like your basic karate movie where the young guys come to the old guys with beards who have them do weird stuff to get to the other side. That’s who I am, the old guy with a long beard.” (Referring to his new role with the Phoenix Suns.)

“You like that analogy? That was pretty good?” (Referring to the quote above.)

“I'm not really worried about my numbers now as a 36-year-old. I'm not trying to be the first, experimental case of a 36-year-older trying to maintain his numbers, especially when I'm on a team like this. Can I do the same stuff I could do when I was Amare's age? Of course not. I'm not going to even try. However, I feel that I'm the baddest 36-year-old out there.”

"I look forward to making people eat their words, I really do...When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things like win championships."

"Start selling the T-Shirts now. All the marketing people I'm giving you this one for free: The Sun will rise in Phoenix."

yeahone
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
wow lol that was really entertaining and the same wbna team have him o nthe verge of being swept.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
It's easier to just call him stupid.

BlackSwordsMan
04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
''The sun has set in PHX''

ShoogarBear
04-26-2008, 06:48 PM
The only one I believe is the part about him looking forward to eating.

duncan228
04-26-2008, 06:50 PM
It's easier to just call him stupid.

But not nearly as fun as letting him prove it. :)

1Parker1
04-26-2008, 06:54 PM
“The Big Cactus…because if you come too close, you’re gonna get stuck.” (Referring to his first new nickname as a Phoenix Sun.)

Yea, stuck with my big a$$ contract. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 07:05 PM
That's just sad...talk about going out on your career without dignity.

He needs to be put out to pasture.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 07:08 PM
But not nearly as fun as letting him prove it. :)

True dat. :lol

Condemned 2 HelLA
04-26-2008, 07:10 PM
"When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things like win championships."

Or throw former teammates/organizations under the bus.

pjjrfan
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM
So, I guess Shag's waiting for game 4 to start running, right?

td4mvp21
04-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I also haven't found any quotes by him after Game 3. Typical sore loser pussy attitude I would expect from Shaq.

ClingingMars
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
''The sun has set in PHX''

jmard5
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5931/kazaam1of7.jpg

Sausage
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
"Start selling the T-Shirts now. All the marketing people I'm giving you this one for free: The Sun will rise in Phoenix."

http://www.shirtaday.com/pastShirts/20080211_phoenix.jpg

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

ancestron
04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
how did you get a picture of my underwear

kobe_bryant
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
shaq is known for dumb ass quotes

m33p0
04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
ah, no wonder amare has stopped making stupid-ass quotes. shaq has been hoarding them all.

Strike
04-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Snaq O'Meal always has been a classless douche nozzle. It's one thing to be a dominant player. But I've never seen or heard about a bigger blowhard with less respect for the rest of the league. The guy soaks in all the credit and admiration when he wins, and shoulders NONE of the blame when he loses. He shows absolutely no respect to any opponent or former teammate. When things don't go his way, he throws people under the bus. He's lazy, has zero work ethic, and cares nothing about the sport.

I accept the fact that he will be remembered as a dominant player that won 4 rings, errrrr won 3 rings and gravy trained another. But for every fan that thought he was the greatest thing since double smoked bacon, there is one, possibly two people who think he is nothing but a piece of shit who took more from the game than he gave.

I usually don't wish harm on a professional athlete. But (and people can say whatever they want about me, I'm not here to win popularity or congeniality contests) if he were to get hit by a train tomorrow, his 400 lb body turned in to rail grease, I would not only not shed a tear for him, I'd probably laugh.

Shaq, do the rest of the world a favor: kill yourself.

jmard5
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5863/shaqsteelqc9.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Can someone photoshop a beard onto Shaq? (referring to his old man quote)

VaSpursFan
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
cool...quotes from the BIG.......dummy

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 10:37 PM
The way Shaq has conducted himself over the years is why i hate the media. He talks nothing but shit, rarely shows respect to opposition when he is beaten and never shuts up about how great he thinks he is. They kiss his ass because he is so boastful about what he has done. Duncan does it all in a quiet classy fashion and he is largely ignored by the media. What he does on the court is somehow less important because he is not letting the whole world know about it every minute that he is doing it.

BATMAN
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM
It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Cry Havoc
04-26-2008, 10:53 PM
The way Shaq has conducted himself over the years is why i hate the media. He talks nothing but shit, rarely shows respect to opposition when he is beaten and never shuts up about how great he thinks he is. They kiss his ass because he is so boastful about what he has done. Duncan does it all in a quiet classy fashion and he is largely ignored by the media. What he does on the court is somehow less important because he is not letting the whole world know about it every minute that he is doing it.

+1

Just reinforces the idea that nice guys are ignored. By girls, and by most of the world at large.

Am I bitter? A bit. :lol

timvp
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Shaq was on fire in Game 3.

http://fullsportpress.com/duncan-shaq.jpg

m33p0
04-26-2008, 11:38 PM

speed burns courtesy of tony. also got scorched twice in a row by tony on 3's. that was unfair. the league ought to change the rules so that tony won't be able to take advantage of Prickly Pear like that.

duncan228
04-26-2008, 11:43 PM

http://fullsportpress.com/duncan-shaq.jpg

Nice. :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
"I make them when they count." (I can only assume that he meant to say, "They count when I make them," because otherwise he's admitting that he's out of touch with reality 50% of the time.)

There's another one from his LA days about opting to wait until the season to have a surgery rather than in the offseason so he could recover "on company time."

The quote that I'm remembering best was the one that came out earlier in this series about how he wasn't going to change anything he does. For once he was right. Just like last year he's going home in 4.

BATMAN
04-27-2008, 12:34 AM
fuq shaq

Jeremy
04-27-2008, 01:00 AM
For those looking for post-Game 3 Shaq quotes, Suns.com has some:

Suns Center Shaquille O'Neal

(On the series): "I think if we can win just one game we can take it from there and see what happens. It's never been done before but will probably be done one day."

(On San Antonio's play): "I don't really feel we got into them. They shot the ball well the whole game and Tony Parker, that was the best I've seen him play in a while."

(On what it will take to win Game 4): "We've got to get some stops. No matter what they're doing we've got to step it up and get some starts."

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/quotes_rd1gm3_080425.html

duncan228
04-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks Jeremy. Shaq sounds a little different than his usual bravado.