PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry

Jimcs50
04-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Does anyone else find it facinating that Barry, after missing over 2 months of game time, can come into a playoff game 3 straight times and hit his first shot, not just his first shot, but from downtown?

If he gets some playing time in practice in next week, he can be huge for SA in winning their next series. His stroke looks just as sweet as ever.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Barry's a fucking stud.

td4mvp21
04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I think Pop should give him minutes over Udoka. I love Ime and he's a good defender but he's shooting terrible this series. Kind of disappointing. Barry has hit every shot he's taken I believe. Plus Barry's a Suns killer :smokin

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Barry is like 6/6 in this series or something (or maybe it's 4/4)

Either way, he hasn't missed a SINGLE shot.

God bless him.

Lakers_55
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
It's genetic. For those of you to young to have seen his father Rick play, I suggest you track down some old videos.

ClingingMars
04-26-2008, 08:19 PM
It's genetic. For those of you to young to have seen his father Rick play, I suggest you track down some old videos.

WXoFGqBDTc

- Mars

m33p0
04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
his form is also the most efficient use of energy i've ever seen. all you see moving is his forearm and its not even moving by that much..

ancestron
04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Having Brent Barry back in uniform seems to have given the Spurs a much needed psychological and emotional lift. He's a big part of that "family."

bdictjames
04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Basketball players: Try using his shot. A few strokes at it and you could make it consistently.

ClingingMars
04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I think Shaq should give Rick Barry's FT stroke a try.

- Mars

Indazone
04-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Jon Barry, Rick Barry, Brent Barry, they are all from downtown shooters. Although father Rick was the stud of the family. A complete ballplayer.

gospursgojas
04-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I think Pop should give him minutes over Udoka. I love Ime and he's a good defender but he's shooting terrible this series. Kind of disappointing. Barry has hit every shot he's taken I believe. Plus Barry's a Suns killer :smokin

I agree.

I think the playoffs were a bit much for Ime.

VaSpursFan
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
his form is also the most efficient use of energy i've ever seen. all you see moving is his forearm and its not even moving by that much..

i agree. his doesn't have a text book jumper in terms of how he jumps (see Finley), barry has sort of a set shot happening wher he only jumps like 3 inches with a quick release...a thing of beauty.

timvp
04-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Barry is playing the Steve Kerr role ....... but about 5,000 times better than Kerr ever was with the Spurs. I still don't get how Kerr gets love from both local and national media for his play on the Spurs when Barry has been a billion times better in his Spurs career. Barry is like the personification of the wet dreams Spurs fans have when daydreaming about how Kerr played while with the Spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Barry is playing the Steve Kerr role ....... but about 5,000 times better than Kerr ever was with the Spurs. I still don't get how Kerr gets love from both local and national media for his play on the Spurs when Barry has been a billion times better in his Spurs career. Barry is like the personification of the wet dreams Spurs fans have when daydreaming about how Kerr played while with the Spurs.

:lol

But you gotta admit, game 6 against the Mavs back in 2006 was an awesome performance in the fourth quarter.

Though I do think Sjax's contribution to that game seems to have gotten overlooked in the years since.

timvp
04-26-2008, 09:23 PM

But you gotta admit, game 6 against the Mavs back in 2006 was an awesome performance in the fourth quarter.

Though I do think Sjax's contribution to that game seems to have gotten overlooked in the years since.Kerr had a good quarter that game. He had the worst defender in NBA history on him and the comeback was already complete but him knocking in open threes was good to see.

But comparing what Kerr did for the Spurs to what Barry did for the Spurs is like comparing Claxton and Parker.

It's just damn lame that when media starts naming the best players in Spurs history it goes Duncan, Robinson, Gervin, Kerr.

:pctoss

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I remember when SA Express did their top 50 Spurs players, and being floored at how high they had Kerr.

urunobili
04-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Brent>Rick>Jon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kerr

tmtcsc
04-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I just hope Brent and Manu get some rest. It looked to me like both of them were straining or limping a bit.

BiZNicK
04-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I'd like the see Barry hit plenty more 3's.........

remingtonbo2001
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
As Pop would say...

Shooters are like a good wine, they get better with age.

nfg3
04-27-2008, 02:43 AM

Though I do think Sjax's contribution to that game seems to have gotten overlooked in the years since.

Uh - 2006??? I must have missed that. Sjax split years prior for Atlanta and the big bucks. As for Steve, he retired after the 2003 season and was probably in a TNT booth at that time.

Point taken though. i remember Kerr's 3 pt barage against Dallas in 2003.

Awesome!

Why has he turned into a little $%^&?

whottt
04-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Why has he turned into a little $%^&?

#1. I don't think Kerr particularly enjoyed the way he was used here in SA...and I don't think he liked being traded.

Keep in mind...Pop wanted Kerr to come back and Kerr elected to retire instead.

#2. Kerr kind of turned into a dickhead in an attempt to pass himself off as an unbiased commentator...he talked some shit last year about how Duncan should have been suspened for walking onto the court(he was wrong btw) and Pop had some choice suggestions for him...I think Kerr's intent was to settle some grudges with Pop more than anything else...to teach Pop a lesson so to speak.

His idea about getting Shaq was a good one IMO...but it was never any sort of a guarantee to beat the Spurs even if Shaq meshed perfectly...it was definitely a gamble and Kerr is losing that gamble...not so much because it was a bad gamble...but it was a gamble and other things are going wrong for the Suns...that don't have that much to do with Shaq...Kerr didn't think about anything else due to inexperience and now he is getting owned...plus he now has incurred some bad blood with Spurfans for going Sun on us...with little or no provocation...

Basically, I look at it as he's trying to fuck Tim Duncan...the guy who put two rings on his finger...for absolutely no reason.

Kerr wasn't run out of town...Pop wanted him back...hell I believe Duncan wanted him back. He was extremely popular here...he was sharing the local announcing gig with Elliott.

So he has no legitimate axe to grind save one with Pop...he's just going to take his old teamates down with him in the process of acting on his grudge with Pop...

Kerr deserves this owning he is getting.

Make no mistake about it...Kerr is a flat out fucking traitor...he knows what the repeat means...and he was trying to kill it.

This hurts to say...but Kerr is more of a traitor than AJ for his words and deeds since leaving SA...at least in AJ's case AJ basically got dumped whereas Kerr didn't...he elected not to come back, he elected to try to get Duncan unjustly(and wrongly) suspended, and he elected to go Sun on us...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2008, 04:53 AM
I believe he's hit his last 7 shots.

I freakin love this guy, and I'm so glad he's back. I see a big game by him coming up when the Spurs most need it.

MONTENEGRINO
04-27-2008, 06:01 AM
I think that BB will give his best during Lakers series and finals.

wijayas
04-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Does anyone else find it facinating that Barry, after missing over 2 months of game time, can come into a playoff game 3 straight times and hit his first shot, not just his first shot, but from downtown?

If he gets some playing time in practice in next week, he can be huge for SA in winning their next series. His stroke looks just as sweet as ever.

And did you notice that he made all his three pointers in this series? 100% baby...:toast

wildbill2u
04-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Barry's return to action without any apparent rust is surprising. He can be a tremendous asset during our run through the playoffs as his conditioning improves.

1Parker1
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I've more impressed with Barry's passing in this game. He just has such a great chemistry on the court with Ginobili and Parker. He's good at directing everyone to their spots on offense and I love that Pop decided to go with a backcourt of Barry/Ginobili when Parker is getting his rest.

PlayoffEx-static
04-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Barry is like 6/6 in this series or something (or maybe it's 4/4)

Either way, he hasn't missed a SINGLE shot.

God bless him.

He got stuffed at the rim in the last few seconds of game 3.

There's also the matter of not rushing his recovery. He played really well his last return, too...right up until he re-tore the calf muscle. He needs to build up his minutes slowly. He's playing about 10 mpg. Maybe next round he's good for 15.

Jimcs50
04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I guess every thread now is going to be about what a cock sucker Kerr is.

It is taking over all the threads like the Manu vs Parker debate used to. :)

Timvp, thanks for that. :downspin:

Most of you stayed in the spirit of the thread's topic and do appreciate Brent's amazing shooting, after such a long layoff.

BTW, I am such a Brent Barry fan, I named my son Brent.

:)

Sigz
04-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Dude, my name is Brent.

Jimcs50
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Dude, my name is Brent.

great name.:toast

clubalien
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
As Pop would say...

Shooters are like a good wine, they get better with age.
This has nothing to do with BB, but i like the quote.
Man age like wine
women like milk

Jimcs50
04-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Damn, I am truly a jinx.

:depressed

SAGambler
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
#1. I don't think Kerr particularly enjoyed the way he was used here in SA...and I don't think he liked being traded.

Keep in mind...Pop wanted Kerr to come back and Kerr elected to retire instead.

#2. Kerr kind of turned into a dickhead in an attempt to pass himself off as an unbiased commentator...he talked some shit last year about how Duncan should have been suspened for walking onto the court(he was wrong btw) and Pop had some choice suggestions for him...I think Kerr's intent was to settle some grudges with Pop more than anything else...to teach Pop a lesson so to speak.

His idea about getting Shaq was a good one IMO...but it was never any sort of a guarantee to beat the Spurs even if Shaq meshed perfectly...it was definitely a gamble and Kerr is losing that gamble...not so much because it was a bad gamble...but it was a gamble and other things are going wrong for the Suns...that don't have that much to do with Shaq...Kerr didn't think about anything else due to inexperience and now he is getting owned...plus he now has incurred some bad blood with Spurfans for going Sun on us...with little or no provocation...

Basically, I look at it as he's trying to fuck Tim Duncan...the guy who put two rings on his finger...for absolutely no reason.

Kerr wasn't run out of town...Pop wanted him back...hell I believe Duncan wanted him back. He was extremely popular here...he was sharing the local announcing gig with Elliott.

So he has no legitimate axe to grind save one with Pop...he's just going to take his old teamates down with him in the process of acting on his grudge with Pop...

Kerr deserves this owning he is getting.

Make no mistake about it...Kerr is a flat out fucking traitor...he knows what the repeat means...and he was trying to kill it.

This hurts to say...but Kerr is more of a traitor than AJ for his words and deeds since leaving SA...at least in AJ's case AJ basically got dumped whereas Kerr didn't...he elected not to come back, he elected to try to get Duncan unjustly(and wrongly) suspended, and he elected to go Sun on us...

Yeah. Only Phoenix fans make stupid remarks. Go figure.

remingtonbo2001
04-28-2008, 08:24 AM
This has nothing to do with BB, but i like the quote.
Man age like wine
women like milk

:lmao Where did you hear that?

SpurAddict561
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
If you ever get to a game early enough in SA watch Brent warm up. He rarly misses a 3 ball. I think he is the most fun to watch. he once hit like 32 3s in a row before missing.

ya man, I watched him when he returned for the first warm up in Orlando this year

he must've shot like 50 3's, and only missed like 1 or 2...

guy is amazing.