PDA

View Full Version : UCLA guard Darren Collison Returning for Senior Year

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Report: UCLA star Collison to return for senior year
by FOXSports.com
Updated: April 26, 2008, 9:31 PM EST

UCLA may have lost three starters to the NBA already, but the Bruins will bring back at least one of their stars.

Junior guard Darren Collison has decided to return to UCLA for his senior year, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.

"I want to give myself the best possible chance to succeed at the next level," Collison said, according to the report. "I have not made this decision impulsively. I have unfinished business at UCLA. I want to complete my education and when I do enter the draft I don't want to be just another prospect."

Collison, a third-team All-American who has played on three consecutive Final Four teams for the Bruins, is staying despite three of UCLA's top players testing the pro waters — All-American center Kevin Love, sophomore guard Russell Westbrook and junior forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

"This is my decision," Collison told the paper. "It's my personal circumstances. It had nothing to do with anybody else's circumstances. I could have become successful coming into the draft but this is my chance to do something real special. It had nothing to do with other players coming out."

This past season, which saw UCLA go 35-4 and lose to Memphis in the Final Four, Collison averaged 14.5 points, 2.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8077184?MSNHPHMA

alamo50
04-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Speaks volumes about this fella.....about the much weaker class next draft or him getting his degree. Not sure which one yet.

baseline bum
04-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Don't get me wrong; I'm glad to see him back to run the point for us next season. Still, he's a dumbass for not going pro. He's been incredible all season except for the Memphis game, and his draft stock had to be at an all-time high. Love's the one who should have stayed another year to improve his draft standing.

JamStone
04-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I think his stock really dropped in the final few games. He also had another tough game in the tournament, I think against Western Kentucky. Can't remember for sure. His size is probably a real concern. I'm guessing after he did his research, he found out that he wasn't even a first round pick, and that's the main reason he's coming back.

LakeShow
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
:clap Good to hear and I think it's a wise decision. Not just because he's coming back to the bruins.

spurscenter
04-27-2008, 07:28 PM
good to hear, hopefully all return and finally win a championship