PDA

View Full Version : Which team has shown the most heart?

ShoogarBear
04-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Which lower-seeded playoff team has shown the most heart and guts so far?

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Sixers

JamStone
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Rockets most definitely. They lost the first two games at home. To win game 3 on the road at Utah where the Jazz are nearly unbeatable shows a great deal of heart.

TampaDude
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Hawks after tonight's game.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM
The Hawks should have been swept, no ifs, ands, or buts. Still, they have no chance of winning the series.

The Rockets showed a lot of heart by coming back on the league's toughest road venue, although you could argue they shouldn't have gone down 0-2 in the first place.

The Sixers are the only team that right now has actually put themselves in the drivers' seat. But you could argue that's as much due to the Pistons farting around as the Sixers' heart.

The Wizards went from a 30-point loss to a 30-point victory. Which says something, just don't know if it says heart.

I'd say it's between Philly and Houston, since they have won on the road.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
76ers

JamStone
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Philly won game 1. They took control of the series right off the bat. They haven't faced as much adversity as the Rockets to show as much heart.

Amare_32
04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Philly won game 1. They took control of the series right off the bat. They haven't faced as much adversity as the Rockets to show as much heart.

I don't know the Rockets/Jazz are about even. The 76ers were prohibitive underdogs going into the series. For them to be up 2-1 is surprising.

BiZNicK
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Sixers

Taking game 1 and now leading the series 2-1 against the PISTONS, a highly experienced and talented playoff team. Sixers definitely want it more right now.

JamStone
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't know the Rockets/Jazz are about even. The 76ers were prohibitive underdogs going into the series. For them to be up 2-1 is surprising.

Sixers are more surprising. I would agree with that. But, they're playing on confidence. They're out playing the Pistons. They haven't really had to show heart because they took it to the Pistons right from game 1.

Houston lost two home games. Sure, Rockets and Jazz are probably more even. But, a lot of teams would have just wilted after losing the first two games at home. To me, that shows more heart.

Sixers are more surprising. Rockets have shown more heart.

Elraptor
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
The sixers without a doubt. Then the rockets after them.

Sixers haven't gave up and have so much heart with their young team.

JoeTait75
04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
The Hawks. Everyone had them written off as swept, and they came out and gave a tremendous effort today.

[QUOTE=ShoogarBear;2434522]The Sixers are the only team that right now has actually put themselves in the drivers' seat. But you could argue that's as much due to the Pistons farting around as the Sixers' heart.QUOTE]

No disrespect, and this isn't directed toward you in particular, but why is it that whenever anyone beats the Pistons, it's never about them, it's always about the Pistons being "fatigued" or "not respecting their opponent" or "farting around" or whatever? Is anyone ever going to give credit to a team for outplaying Detroit and kicking their ass, straight-up?

Look, I know the Pistons are a good team. Their record speaks for itself. It just baffles me, the excuses made for them when they get beat.

JamStone
04-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Yup, Sixers are outplaying the Pistons. Just like the Hawks outplayed the Celtics tonight. And, no one will accuse the Celtics for dogging it or not bringing enough energy. And, the Hawks are a sub 500 team. The Sixers went 22-12 to end the regular season with wins over Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Detroit. People are acting like the Sixers are completely unable to match the Pistons if both teams played well. It's simply untrue. The Sixers are putting it on the Pistons and deserve most of the credit.

manufor3
04-27-2008, 06:49 AM
76ers!

kingsfan
04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I would have said 6ers up till last night but Hawks were incredible.

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Rockets most definitely. They lost the first two games at home. To win game 3 on the road at Utah where the Jazz are nearly unbeatable shows a great deal of heart.

I agree on one level, but I had to pick the sixers. Detroit was handed this series before it ever began. Sixers making fools of the "experts". But then again, so are the Spurs.

JamStone
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Is that showing heart or disproving the "experts" by playing with a chip on their shoulders?

To me, showing heart comes after serious adversity. Sixers haven't faced that yet.

1Parker1
04-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Sixers, without a question.

And I'm getting tired of hearing that the only reason the Sixers are up 2-1 in this series is because the "Pistons are farting around" or "aren't giving it their all." Shit this is the playoffs. Maybe, just maybe, the Pistons aren't as good as everyone thinks they are? Outside of that one championship in 04, they haven't had a good playoff showing since. Last two postseasons especially, they've gotten their asses handed to them. Sixers match up really, really well against the Pistons and have been playing their best basketball in the 2nd half of the season. If people recall, they've beaten the Celtics and the Pistons in the 2nd half of the regular season too.

1Parker1
04-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Is that showing heart or disproving the "experts" by playing with a chip on their shoulders?

To me, showing heart comes after serious adversity. Sixers haven't faced that yet.

Sixers haven't faced that yet? What do you call Game 1 of their first playoff game on the road against the 2 seed, coming back after being down 15 at one point to steal away HCA against a "veteran team." What do you call coming back in Game 3 to beat a 2 seed by 20 points, after that team blew you out in Game 2???? That wasn't adversity??

1Parker1
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
No disrespect, and this isn't directed toward you in particular, but why is it that whenever anyone beats the Pistons, it's never about them, it's always about the Pistons being "fatigued" or "not respecting their opponent" or "farting around" or whatever? Is anyone ever going to give credit to a team for outplaying Detroit and kicking their ass, straight-up?

Look, I know the Pistons are a good team. Their record speaks for itself. It just baffles me, the excuses made for them when they get beat.

:tu Exactly. Whenever the Pistons get their ass handed to them, it's always about the Pistons not "giving their 100% effort." Did anyone think that maybe that IS there 100% effort, and they're just not as good as everyone makes them out to be? I could understand if it happened occassionally, but how is it that a veteran team can't give 100% effort in playoff games, for 2 or 3 straight years??

ShoogarBear
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Would the Spurs have swept the Pistons in the Finals last year? Anybody believe that?

JamStone
04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Sixers haven't faced that yet? What do you call Game 1 of their first playoff game on the road against the 2 seed, coming back after being down 15 at one point to steal away HCA against a "veteran team." What do you call coming back in Game 3 to beat a 2 seed by 20 points, after that team blew you out in Game 2???? That wasn't adversity??

They were expected to lose games 1 and 2. Their comeback was great in game 1. I don't think it's the same type of adversity as losing the first two games at home and facing a game 3 at the toughest road venue in the league. In game 2, the Sixers pretty much played like they were content at getting the split. And, even after getting blown out in game 2, at least the Sixers were playing game 3 at home in Philadelphia in front of their crowd so they could feed off of them

No, I don't think it's the same type of adversity the Rockets have faced in their series. And, to win game 3 was about as impressive as anything that's happened so far this playoffs.

JamStone
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM

And I'm getting tired of hearing that the only reason the Sixers are up 2-1 in this series is because the "Pistons are farting around" or "aren't giving it their all." Shit this is the playoffs. Maybe, just maybe, the Pistons aren't as good as everyone thinks they are? Outside of that one championship in 04, they haven't had a good playoff showing since. Last two postseasons especially, they've gotten their asses handed to them. Sixers match up really, really well against the Pistons and have been playing their best basketball in the 2nd half of the season. If people recall, they've beaten the Celtics and the Pistons in the 2nd half of the regular season too.

Guess the respect from the 2005 NBA Finals has rubbed off on some Spurs fans.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Guess the respect from the 2005 NBA Finals has rubbed off on some Spurs fans.

:lol

JamStone
04-27-2008, 10:45 AM

And San Antonio and Phoenix and Orlando and Dallas as well.

The Sixers have been playing very good basketball for the last two months or so.

bdubya
04-27-2008, 11:03 AM
It's a tough call, but I'm saying Sixers. Rockets winning on the road is a very close second, but the Sixers have bounced back twice already.

JoeTait75
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Would the Spurs have swept the Pistons in the Finals last year? Anybody believe that?

I'll answer that as a Cavs fan: absolutely not. Had the Spurs shown up for Game 3 the way they did against a veteran Pistons team in Auburn Hills, they'd have been wiped out by 20 points. Detroit would have taken at least one, possibly two games in that series.

But I'll concede that point and still argue till I'm blue in the face that the Cavaliers were the better team on the floor when they played the Pistons. They were more athletic, deeper, played better defense, were better coached, and had the best player on the floor.

The Pistons didn't lose the ECF. They were beaten, straight-up. How they would have done against the Spurs is another argument.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Bump. I think a revote is in order.

Pistons < Spurs
05-02-2008, 10:28 PM

And I'm getting tired of hearing that the only reason the Sixers are up 2-1 in this series is because the "Pistons are farting around" or "aren't giving it their all."

Shit this is the playoffs. Maybe, just maybe, the Pistons aren't as good as everyone thinks they are?

Still so sure about that?

m33p0
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Bump. I think a revote is in order.
i'll still vote rockets. hawks are just too young and inexperienced to realize what's going on.

Armando
05-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Rockets

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-02-2008, 11:24 PM
what, no option for the Nuggets ? :lol :drunk

MaNuMaNiAc
05-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Is anybody else still doubting that the Hawks are the ones showing the most heart??

JamStone
05-03-2008, 02:09 AM
With the Hawks, I'm not sure it's so much heart than it is the fact they don't know any better. Plus, all of their wins have been at home where they've ridden the crowd. They've been blown out in Boston. Rockets won at Utah, an impossible place to win for visiting teams, after losing the first two games at home. Sixers won at Detroit in game 1. Hawks have shown great energy and athleticism at home. Heart would have been taking a game at Boston in one of their first three attempts in the series.