PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire

Leetonidas
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
I think the guy has garnered a little bit of respect from me in this series. This year, he hasn't complained, whined, and he has given the Spurs a lot of props and never once complained about officiating.

It's good to see that's he's maturing...minus calling Tony a queen. :smokin

Sigz
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
He's still an idiot.

statman32
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm still an idiot.

Fixed :hat

Props to the op. Its one thing I have also noticed and it gives me hope for the future. Heres to rebuilding asap. :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
For the record I don't think he called Tony a queen. I believe he was making an analogy with chess. I don't think he called Tim king either. At least in context it didn't seem like it.

BATMAN
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
defeat is the mother of humility.

Leetonidas
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
For the record I don't think he called Tony a queen. I believe he was making an analogy with chess. I don't think he called Tim king either. At least in context it didn't seem like it.

I know, I just thought it was pretty hilarious.

Sigz
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM

Props to the op. Its one thing I have also noticed and it gives me hope for the future.

Wait a second.. what future? The man can't play defense, and is simply not smart enough to learn it. Oh well, I guess I'll be enjoying my highlight dunks with an early pass out of the playoffs every year!

bdictjames
04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
He knows what wins championships. I think he's got a good winning mentality, but just couldn't get over the hump. The guy has been amazing at the series. Best player for the Suns

NASpurs
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the guy has garnered a little bit of respect from me in this series. This year, he hasn't complained, whined, and he has given the Spurs a lot of props and never once complained about officiating.

It's true. I've noticed the same thing and I'm actually surprised at some of the things he has said. Way more mature than D'Atoni which is sad.

michaelwcho
04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
He does seem to be growing up a little. Every year he works on his game, adding new moves and working on his shot. Maybe this off-season he can work on D.

m33p0
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM

i think he was referring to manu as well in the way those two have blindsided the suns. i do believe that you know its a compliment.

i think at this point in snaq's career, his mouth has gotten alot bigger and stupider. anyone(except d'antoni apparently) will want to distance themselves from that.

anyone remember, amare ran off as the buzzer sounded on the end of their season without congratulating any member of the spurs? i think this time around, he'll be magnanimous in defeat and be the first to congratulate timmy. :toast

Elraptor
04-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Yea i've always sort of have liked Amare. He's a very mature player and if loses tries to step up. And him and Nash make good teammates.

still.focused
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I always liked Amare
He plays wit so much intensity
Unfortunately it only on 1 half of the court
I think i moved more during that Parker coast to coast drive at the end of the 1st half than he did

Texas_Ranger
04-26-2008, 11:48 PM
He's a great offensive player. It's just that his defense sucks.

bdictjames
04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
What sets Amare apart from Nash is that Nash always says "Well there's always next year". Amare wants to win it NOW. Great guy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Fuck Amare.
A season ago he was spouting his mouth off about our guys in last year's playoffs, where Pop had to euphemistically say "He's young. " in response.
He's only saying good things now because the Suns haven't won one game. He's got a short-attention span.

ludda
04-27-2008, 12:55 AM
What..Mr. self-proclaimed MVP candidate doesn't have anything more to say?

I dont mind Duhmare, just think he's overrated. But if he ever learns the basics of Defense, he could be very dominant.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Amare has a great offensive game facing the basket (not so great back-to-the-basket though), fine hands, and a sweet jumper. However, his defense is below average, and he has no idea how to influence a game through passing and play off the ball. He could learn a lot from Timmy who can and regularly does everything on the court to help his team win.

As for his maturity, he seems to be growing up a bit. If he can learn to combine basketball smarts with his incredible athleticism, and develop his defense, he could be a superstar. Right now, he's just an excellent scorer.

wijayas
04-27-2008, 01:11 AM

Bring him over to San Antonio. Let Pop teach him some D. Spurs Dynasty will then continue for another decade... :lol

Xylus
04-27-2008, 01:13 AM
If Amare learns to play consistent and solid defense, he'll be the scariest player in the league.

Size, length, athleticism, speed, shooting, defense, blocks, rebounds, high-flying dunks... he'd be one of the most complete players the league has ever seen. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

ancestron
04-27-2008, 01:14 AM
He needs to stop worrying about the refs.

still.focused
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
In Amares defense he came out of HS where a player with an offensive game overpowers all
Then comes to a team where the head coach nor staff dont care a lick about defense
Leaving it up to a teenager to figure out how to become a legitimate NBA defender is a shaky proposition
I think if he was a Spur or at least in a system where defense isnt a 4 letter word he'd be MVP material

He does cry alot tho
Ive seen many times where hell get fouled or not and stand under the basket with his arms raised starin at the ref
Meanwhile the ball and 9 players are headed down court without him

Obstructed_View
04-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Amare's said some rather mature things. He's still the guy who had his all-star jersey on backwards so his name would be on the front, so the jury's still out. Good sign though.

statman32
04-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Bring him over to San Antonio. Let Pop teach him some D. Spurs Dynasty will then continue for another decade... :lol

As a Amare fan, I say Hell YAH

But since overall I'm a Suns fan, I say Fuck you!. :lol

wijayas
04-27-2008, 02:23 AM
As a Amare fan, I say Hell YAH

But since overall I'm a Suns fan, I say Fuck you!. :lol

Uh oh... "The temperature" is rising while the Suns is sinking. What else can the Suns fan do besides whining and now cursing? :lmao :lmao :lmao

statman32
04-27-2008, 02:31 AM
Uh oh... "The temperature" is rising while the Suns is sinking. What else can the Suns fan do besides whining and now cursing? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Eh just a joke man. :wow

I actually refuse to even go on azsportsfan right now.

BiZNicK
04-27-2008, 02:31 AM
dudes...

Amare is a beast against the Spurs. Though...idk i think shaq's thick head is rubbing off on him

Xylus
04-27-2008, 02:33 AM
dudes...

Amare is a beast against the Spurs. Though...idk i think shaq's thick head is rubbing off on him

Actually, it seems like the opposite. The cockier Shaq seems to act, the more humble and complimentary Amare is in return.

timvp
04-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Listening to post game comments, Amare is one of the few Suns who realizes why the Spurs are winning. He pointed to the Spurs' defense and their insistence offensively to always come away with a quality shot. While people like D'Antoni and Nash were talking about offense, Amare actually understands the difference.

Defensively, he just appears to be horribly coached. He has the tools and he gives decent effort but he has no idea what to do. If he plays for a defense-first coach, I think he could turn around his D pretty quickly.

SouthernFried
04-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Actually, it seems like the opposite. The cockier Shaq seems to act, the more humble and complimentary Amare is in return.

That's what I see as well.

Mebbe Amare has seen something in Shaq he doesn't like, realized that's how he has sounded as well...and has decided he doesn't have to be the same.

He's young enuf to still be going through this type of soul searching. More power to him for it.

Mebbe something good will come of Shaq's Phoenix stay after all.

statman32
04-27-2008, 03:04 AM

The sad thing is Shaqs gonna throw Amare and whoever else under the bus when he leaves.

DAF86
04-27-2008, 03:08 AM
defeat is the mother of humility.

:toast I really think that his speech'd be slightly different if this series'd be tied or in favour of the Suns.

SRJ
04-27-2008, 03:45 AM
The sad thing is Shaqs gonna throw Amare and whoever else under the bus when he leaves.

Oh, I can't wait. Of course, he's all out of Corleone brothers now, so how's he going to reference Amare this time?

wijayas
04-27-2008, 07:23 AM

Like he did in Orlando, LA and Miami. Fat, sad story. :depressed

thiste
04-27-2008, 07:27 AM

But we already have Baby Amaré (not sure that's a compliment) : Ian !

wijayas
04-27-2008, 07:29 AM
But we already have Baby Amaré (not sure that's a compliment) : Ian !

Amen

PS; Your sig is HOT!:toast

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 08:38 AM
He does seem to be growing up a little. Every year he works on his game, adding new moves and working on his shot. Maybe this off-season he can work on D.

All he has to do is ask to be traded to the Spurs. Pop will make sure he learns D. And yeah, the guy hasn't been the horses ass he has been in years past. Maybe he is growing up.

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Listening to post game comments, Amare is one of the few Suns who realizes why the Spurs are winning. He pointed to the Spurs' defense and their insistence offensively to always come away with a quality shot. While people like D'Antoni and Nash were talking about offense, Amare actually understands the difference.

Defensively, he just appears to be horribly coached. He has the tools and he gives decent effort but he has no idea what to do. If he plays for a defense-first coach, I think he could turn around his D pretty quickly.

That's what happens when you have a coach that only believe in Defense at the end of the game, when he's behind. Suddenly he wants his guys to play Defense and get stops. I guess he just thinks Defense "happens" when you need it.

JPB
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Amare still have to developp a post up game to be really dominant and most of all learn how to pass and not systematically search for his points.

He has 0.3 apg so far in the series and 1.5 in the RS.

PHXSpursFan
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Eh just a joke man. :wow

I actually refuse to even go on azsportsfan right now.

Why would you EVER want to go there? Unless you want to discuss Easter dresses and itchy vaginas.

Jimcs50
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I was also impressed with the way he is handling himself in the series.

Put him on Spurs with Pop's coaching and the in Spurs' system and he could become the one of best players, if not the best in bball. Pop could get him to play better D, that is a given.

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 10:33 AM

Rick Carlisle, COME ON DOWN!!!

Amare was drafted as an athletic defender/rebounder. D'Antoni's completely ruined the kid as far as defense, positioning and rebounding.

I too think Rick Carlisle could help make Amare a much better defender as far as contesting shots without fouling, positioning and rebounding.

DarrinS
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
He's an amazing talent. If he had a coach like Pop, he could learn to play defense (maybe) and become a well-rounded player.

Sec24Row7
04-27-2008, 11:38 AM
I think a lot of Amare's problems have to do with the fact that no one has held him accountable for anything in his life... and anyone that has tried he has cut out...

That being said... if he learned to play defense...Holy Shit...

peskypesky
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM

:toast

I'm glad to see that Amare seems to be modeling himself more after Nash than Shaq when it comes to being a gracious loser. Not that this series is over, mind you, but Amare has impressed me so far.

Budkin
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
If he worked on his game instead of his trash talking and showboating he might get somewhere.

Mavs<Spurs
04-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Props to the op. Its one thing I have also noticed and it gives me hope for the future. Heres to rebuilding asap. :toast

I agree.

Obviously, Amare Stoudamire has a high basketball iq.

:lmao

Agloco
04-27-2008, 05:27 PM

IMO he's doing nothing more than what's expected of him and that's keeping quiet and playing ball.

It's about fucking time.

statman32
04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Eh he had a tough game on the offensive end tonight but he showed effort on the defensive end sans a couple plays in the 2nd quarter?. His offensive game will most likely be there tuesday. Lets see if he comes out with that much aggression on the defensive end.

T Park
04-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Eh he had a tough game on the offensive end tonight but he showed effort on the defensive end sans a couple plays in the 2nd quarter?. His offensive game will most likely be there tuesday. Lets see if he comes out with that much aggression on the defensive end.

Hopefully he is agressive and takes shots away from Nash and Bell.