jack sommerset
04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Who does the Spurs want more?

Avitus1
04-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd say Mavs... but thats who I want.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Mavs, no doubt. They are playing better, but are entirely beatable.

The Hornets are also beatable if we play like we have the last 6 quarters, but they present us with mismatches all over the place and beat us 2/4 in the regular season (and almost beat us 3/4). To beat the Hornets, we will have to use every veteran trick in the book.

Having said that, I'm sure the Hornets will come through that series, and Pop better start coming up with some brilliant tricks to slow CP3 down.

timvp
04-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Manu wants the Hornets. Maybe he knows something we don't.

DAF86
04-27-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah I remember that thought too.
I guess the lack of experience and the fact that the Spurs could adapt to stop Paul (like they do with Nash).
And if you contain CP3 you pretty much contain 99% of the Hornets offense.

urunobili
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM

link? how did u get that data? :wakeup

Shaolin-Style
04-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Don't really have a preference.

Dallas i think would be easier though

jack sommerset
04-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Mavs, no doubt. They are playing better, but are entirely beatable.

The Hornets are also beatable if we play like we have the last 6 quarters, but they present us with mismatches all over the place and beat us 3/4 in the regular season. To beat the Hornets, we will have to use every veteran trick in the book.

Having said that, I'm sure the Hornets will come through that series, and Pop better start coming up with some brilliant tricks to slow CP3 down.

I think the Hornets will understand why the Mavericks won so many games.

ludda
04-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Either one, doesn't matter. I think the Suns could have beaten both teams.

Mavs- one man Dirk show, no Harris, no Diop, don't see as a big problem.
Hornets- too much of a jumpshooting team, can definitely be stopped.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-27-2008, 01:00 AM

That's odd. I thought he'd want revenge.

Kori Ellis
04-27-2008, 01:02 AM

Manu said in an interview something to the effect of .. every matchup would be tough except the Hornets.

I believe he was just trying to say that their inexperience in the playoffs may make it easier to beat them.

DAF86
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90814&highlight=good+read+manu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah I remember that thought too.
I guess the lack of experience and the fact that the Spurs could adapt to stop Paul (like they do with Nash).
And if you contain CP3 you pretty much contain 99% of the Hornets offense.

So are you suggesting that CIA Pop decided not to slow down Paul during the regular season? Because I watched all 4 games and we were helpless against him. They pnred and double-screened us to death, and West and Peja gave us fits too.

I realise that the Hornets have little playoff experience, but the way Paul/West/Peja have played, that means very little. If anything, I think we have a better bench, and they lack depth at PF/C (Armstrong is horrible), but the Hornets would be a tough test.

Kori Ellis
04-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I believe that the Mavs would be an easier matchup, but neither matchup would be very easy at all. The Spurs still don't have anyone to matchup well with Dirk. And I believe that David West would have a huge series against the Spurs.

DAF86
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
So are you suggesting that CIA Pop decided not to slow down Paul during the regular season? Because I watched all 4 games and we were helpless against him. They pnred and double-screened us to death, and West and Peja gave us fits too.

I realise that the Hornets have little playoff experience, but the way Paul/West/Peja have played, that means very little. If anything, I think we have a better bench, and they lack depth at PF/C (Armstrong is horrible), but the Hornets would be a tough test.

I'm not saying that Pop decided not to slow down Paul, but I do think that he didn't do anything special to stop him.

If this Suns-Spurs series taught us something, is that the spurs don't show anything special in the regular season. How much Hack a Shaq did you see from us in the regular season?

jack sommerset
04-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Mavs showed they can beat the Spurs

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm not saying that Pop decided not to slow down Paul, but I do think that he didn't do anything special to stop him.

If this Suns-Spurs series taught us something, is that the spurs don't show anything special in the regular season. How much Hack a Shaq did you see from us in the regular season?

I agree with that. I just hope Pop has something pretty special up his sleeve, because Paul and West owned us in the regular season.

Also, on the Mavs, that would be a tough series primarily because they ALWAYS get up to play us. Even though Harris and Diop, two Spur-killahs, are gone, somehow they Mavs still keep it close whenever they play us.

Tough either way, but everyone knew that this year - no easy road through the Western playoffs.

Amarelooms
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Spurs want NO PART of the Mavs....pray the Hornets cont to take care of the business while the Mavs suck ass :elephant

jack sommerset
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Spurs want NO PART of the Mavs....pray the Hornets cont to take care of the business while the Mavs suck ass :elephant

Thats good b-ball!

MajicMan
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
The question is who do you want after that? Lakers or Jazz?

itzsoweezee
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
mavs. no one on the spurs can guard west. he's a monster. i don't want anything to do with him.

Amarelooms
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
The question is who do you want after that? Lakers or Jazz?

Lol...I'd say a Spurs vs Mavs series is pretty much 50-50..maybe slight edge to the Spurs since they have home court...gonna be in for a rude awakening if the Mavs can beat Chris Paul...errr I mean the Hornets :elephant

Amarelooms
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
mavs. no one on the spurs can guard west. he's a monster. i don't want anything to do with him.

Dirk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> West

Flawed logic yet again from a Spurs homer...no surprise there :elephant

jack sommerset
04-27-2008, 01:28 AM
spurs don't want mavs

spursfaninla
04-27-2008, 01:32 AM
Mavs fan gets all uppity after (finally) winning a playoff game in afew years? whats up?

I do not fear the Mavs....they lost their edge against us with the trade. Sure, Dirk is still a problem, but I think the combination of changes they made make it closer.

Hornets are still scary talented and mismatch with us. That said, we seem to have found another gear and I am hopeful that we steamroll for a good while.

urunobili
04-27-2008, 01:40 AM
I believe that the Mavs would be an easier matchup, but neither matchup would be very easy at all. The Spurs still don't have anyone to matchup well with Dirk. And I believe that David West would have a huge series against the Spurs.

after all the jumpers he hit against us... i don;t think he can sustain such a big %... he would chill...

but answering what the thread is all about i think the NOH represent a tougher challenge for us... and i would love our repeat to be epic: 1st the suns, 2nd the mavs, WCF Lakers and finals Boston... :lobt2:

jcrod
04-27-2008, 01:58 AM
It will be tough either way, lets just hope we're healthy.

DAF86
04-27-2008, 01:59 AM
We should bring Ruben Wolkowski to guard Dirk :lol

DAF86
04-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Anyone as long as they go 7 games.