PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 09:30 AM
or is Mello without a doubt the biggest piece of shit to be called a Superstar?

Here he is in Game 3, down 2-0, and laughing going down the court after throwing up a shot that didn't have a prayer. Then getting his ass "T"d up because he didn't get a call.

All this after getting a DUI at 3 in the morning during the playoffs. What a team leader he is.

Denver needs to shed themselves of this guy if the are ever going to have a chance to win anything.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I agree.

Matchman
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Prime example of a player who got all the skillz and talents in the world but no heart

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Melo: My shot's off, not effort
The all-star forward is shooting 35.3 percent in the series but insists he is playing hard.
By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post
04/27/2008

Apr 27:
The face of the franchise has had a nearly permanent frown the past seven days. But if this playoff series ends Monday, Carmelo Anthony will simply sigh and shake it off.

He says he has tried pretty much everything else.

"Can't nobody question how hard I'm out there playing," Anthony said after the Nuggets' 102-84 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. "Can't nobody do that."

That seemed like a strange statement, considering Anthony also said everybody on his team "quit," from "coaches to the players."

It was that kind of confusing meltdown of a day for Denver, which trails 3-0 in the series.

The shots simply are not going down, Anthony said. He was right about that. Anthony has averaged 23 points per game in this series, but he is shooting a miserable 35.3 percent from the field.

"The shots that I missed today, I'll take them in 82 games," Anthony said. "Every game, I take those same exact shots. I make them with my eyes closed."

Saturday, his eyes were wide shut. He went 5-of-22 from the field. In the series, his shooting percentage has gotten worse each game, going from 11-of-26 (.423) in Game 1 to 8-of-20 (.400) in Game 2 to Saturday's .227.

"It happens," Anthony said. "We play seven months, eight months out of the year. You're going to have a bad stretch. But that's not something I'm worried about. It happens. Everybody goes through it, not just the greats."

Anthony said opposing defenses are out to take him out of his game in the playoffs, and it has happened again.

"At the end of the day, it's the same scheme, every year," he said. "They don't care what nobody else do. As long as they take me out, they accomplished their goal."

The Lakers have stifled Anthony by sagging to compact the lane, using timely double-teams and constant pressure.

"It's nothing special," Lakers guard Jordan Farmar said of his team's strategy against Anthony and Allen Iverson. "It's just talking to each other, rotating, trying to make it tough as possible. Trying to put pressure on 'em, make sure they see if not two people, at least one at all times."

Nuggets forward Eduardo Najera said the strategy is the same Denver employs against Lakers star Kobe Bryant, whom the Nuggets have had little luck trying to control.

"I think it's just making them take tough twos," Najera said. "That's our game plan with Kobe, but it seems like Kobe is hitting shots from outside. Melo and A.I., they are taking normal shots. But they are being contested. Every time they try to drive, they really crowd the paint and try to make him make the extra pass."

Nuggets coach George Karl admitted the Lakers were a better defensive team than he thought.

"I tip my hat to the Lakers in regards to their defense," Karl said.

"If I would have made my shots tonight, maybe we could have won. But I don't know," Anthony said. "The only thing I can do when that happens is play hard. Compete. When shots are not falling, just play hard."

He added: "In these three games we've seen a lot. We've seen everything they can do. It's just a matter of us going out and doing it. Tonight, I just thought that we quit. I'm going to stick with that. Regardless of what somebody else says, what anybody says, I felt like we quit. I've never been a part of nothing like that."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9068957

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I guess Kenyon Martin's double negatives had an influence on him.

Elraptor
04-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Yea i don't like his gamestyle or the way he plays and talks in the game. But he is a pretty good player.

peskypesky
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Never liked him. Well, maybe when he was in college, but as a pro, he's just another Stephon Marbury/Steve Francis type. All the physical skills in the world, but the mind of a loser.

MajicMan
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
The guy is a fat lazy uninspired piece of shit. Even so, some team is willing to pay him boat loads of money to be a well, fat lazy uninspired piece of shit. That's the problem with the NBA today. He's as talented as they get but he does not want to maximize his own potential. Kobe as much of an asshole this guy is on the basketball and in real life you have to respect him a whole lot more than Carmello.

Amare_32
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Carmelo seems to have bought into his own hype.

"Can't nobody question how hard I'm out there playing," Anthony said after the Nuggets' 102-84 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. "Can't nobody do that."

Really? Then how about taking it personally that Kobe is doing whatever he pleases? How about taking the challenge of defending him. As much as I hate Kobe you have to respect him because of his competitive edge. Kobe does whatever is needed. Scoring,passing,defending the other team's best player. Carmelo if he is not scoring he is not effective.

The Franchise
04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Prime example of a player who got all the skillz and talents in the world but no heart

We have one of those.:depressed

Vinnie_Johnson
04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree Melo is that Me player I can't stand.:toast

ancestron
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Melo embodies pretty much everything I hate about the NBA.

Its funny to see him sitting on the bench down 20 shaking his head like "this is bullshit, man. This is all just bullshit. Fuck it."

wonderful attitude there, guy.

stretch
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Carmello is a heartless sack of garbage. A.I. needs to get the hell out of Denver if he wants to win anything. The only guys on that team that are any good and put forth consistent effort and heart is AI, Najera, and Kleiza.

spurastic
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Mello gives me the creeps. He gets that weird inappropriate smile going with murder in his eyes. Sorta like he would like to pull out a gun and get the win that way instead of working harder at playing. He does like to hit and then run.

ancestron
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I can see Melo sitting around in a smoke filled room with Josh Howard and Damon Stoudamire, hitting a 6 foot bong, playing NBA 2k8, talking shit, drinking Crown royal, talkin about "this one bitch" etc...

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
good thread. I'll bump it in 6 months when melo is on another team :smokin I hope they get some kind of return for him

Str8Ballin
04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
hellz yeah id smoke with the melo-man

BUMP
04-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Mello gives me the creeps. He gets that weird inappropriate smile going with murder in his eyes. Sorta like he would like to pull out a gun and get the win that way instead of working harder at playing. He does like to hit and then run.

?

Shank
04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Josh Howard for Melo?

Potsmoking and lazy for alcoholic and lazy?

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
NA NA NA NA Hey Hey Goodbye