PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Tickets

Typical London Boy
04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
If the Spurs get to the NBA Finals this season, I'm considering coming across from London to immerse myself in it. And at this stage, I'm not even sure if the games are being broadcast in the UK, as Sky didn't renew their contract last year.

Anyway, if I were to come over, what would be my chances of obtaining finals tickets? I know that last year again the Cavs, there were still seats available for games one and two (at least), so would it depend on the opposition? If it did sell out, would I be able to find a ticket on eBay reasonably priced?

And before anyone mentions, yes I know that the Spurs have a lot of work to do before getting to the finals in the first place - and I'm not taking anything for granted - but obviously, as I'm coming from afar I'd need to make arrangements more than a couple of days before the potential finals.

SAtown
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
There's always tickets available, but they will be more expensive than usual. It just depends on where you get them. If you get them from a scalper near the stadium, you will pay about $180-200 for a ticket that was $60. If you want to be really certain about your tickets, I suggest Best Tickets (or Besttix, I believe they spell it). I did that last year for game 1, they held my ticket at the location right next to the stadium, I went in and picked it up, and they let me in a room with tons of free booze from around the world. So I ended up paying a lot for the ticket, but I also had Peroni and Patron shots with the people that sold me the tickets.

Good luck, and I hope you make the trip (IF they make it to the Finals :lol)

PlayoffEx-static
04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I had the toughest time getting tickets of the three Game 1s that I've attended so far. I was only able to scavenge one singleton upper deck ticket at cost. Of course, if money is no object, you can always buy some of those $300 level 200 or $800-1000 level 100 tickets off of Ticket Exchange.

remingtonbo2001
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
They're usually available, but the price varies. Also, it's dependent on who comes out of the East. If it's Detriot or Boston, it may be a little more difficult to get quality seats at a decent price.

CubanMustGo
04-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Kind of getting ahead of ourselves ... but I was able to get a nice seat in the lower bowl for list ($160?) last year for game 2. It was pure blind luck that I was able to get it from ticketmaster within 10 mins of the window opening. If you go this route keep retrying because ppl will give up tickets (you have 2 mins to complete the purchase).