PDA

View Full Version : manu is not God

violentkitten
01-20-2005, 04:22 PM
some of you need to chill whenever his game is critiqued up in here. yes we are glad that hes a spur but he doesnt shit gold bars.

MosesGuthrie
01-20-2005, 04:23 PM
of course he isn't.

Manny is. :)

Medvedenko
01-20-2005, 04:23 PM
He's good, but not in the upper-echelon of players...yet.

bigzak25
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
that would be impressive....
http://sidereus.org/MONEY/images/01-gold-bar.jpg

exstatic
01-20-2005, 04:30 PM
He's good, but not in the upper-echelon of players...yet.

I think that if he takes the summer off (no national play!), and comes back playing 38 minutes next year, you may see 20/6/6.

mysterious_elf26
01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
some of you need to chill whenever his game is critiqued up in here. yes we are glad that hes a spur but he doesnt shit gold bars.

It's not we think he's god, but look at the shit he does. He is a player that could do some things that many couldn't do today. That finger roll he did against the Clippers was something that reminded me of something MJ, Dr.J, or Gervin would do. You just don't see that today.

Medvedenko
01-20-2005, 04:33 PM
"I think that if he takes the summer off (no national play!), and comes back playing 38 minutes next year, you may see 20/6/6."

Dude..there's only like 4-5 players in the NBA that average those kind of numbers...yes, that would be sweet, but I highly doubt it.

exstatic
01-20-2005, 04:38 PM
H'es got the versatility and complete game to do it. In 29 minutes, he's putting up 15/4.5/4.

manustarting2gd
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Manu is the starting 2 gawd though!

exstatic
01-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Another indicator of scoring efficiency is pts/FGA. Manu is at a sickening rate for a guard, 1.48. If the offense doesn't change from the multi-initiator motion sets that they run now, 20/6/6 is not out of reach.

Kobe is currently at 1.33 pts/FGA, to give you a yardstick. His career mark is 1.28.

ShoogarBear
01-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Manu is an exceptionally creative and fun player to watch. Duh. Everyone agrees on that.

My major criticism of him was that you couldn't depend on him to do the bread-and-butter stuff like hit an open J dependably. He has improved on that significantly this year, and his current 47%-37%-80% shooting is just about where he needs to be (his 3Pt shooting would probably be even better if he stepped into it more instead of fading right).

Only weakness right now are 1) stamina, which will probably always be an issue given his intensity, but it's hard to be a true first-echelon player when you averaging only 30 mpg, and 2) a tendency to go for the fancy when the simple would be even more effective (known around these parts as the "Hot Dog II"[TM] effect). For instance, he has the physical skills to be a lock-down defender the equal of Bruce Bowen. But he'd rather go for a spectacular steal or mooch off the passing lanes.

samikeyp
01-20-2005, 04:52 PM
of course he's not.

Tim Duncan is God. :)

exstatic
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
He has improved on that significantly this year, and his current 47%-37%-80% shooting is just about where he needs to be...
Ray Allen is at 42.5%-37%-90% and his pts/FGA is 1.26. Everyone thinks he's the shit, and Manu is average.

samikeyp
01-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Ray Allen got better when he stopped being a pussy.

Ballcox
01-20-2005, 05:10 PM
of course he's not.

Tim Duncan is God. :)

Amen brother.

Medvedenko
01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Ask yourself this...is Manu a top 15 player in the L, and then walk away.

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2005, 05:23 PM
He shits platinum bars.

Ballcox
01-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Man, Manu's got a serious honker, he needs to get that thing trimmed down, shave off a couple of layers

exstatic
01-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Ask yourself this...is Manu a top 15 player in the L, and then walk away.

Not yet...

exstatic
01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Man, Manu's got a serious honker, he needs to get that thing trimmed down, shave off a couple of layers

Hedo did that, and it turned him into a pussy. The Schnoz must stay.

smeagol
01-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Manu's not God.

Manu's Da Man

pjjrfan
01-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Manu may not be "God" but he sure is one helluva ballplayer. I love the guy, he brings it, and the guy has a mentality to win, and more often than not he finds ways to help his team, he gets steals, rebounds, makes a good pass, hits a tough shot,and like he did last night, creates for his teammates. He is a competitor and he is fearless and brilliant and scary at the same time, which has given me grey hairs and probably is cutting into Pop's life by years. This is a guy who I would watch play anywhere, in the NBA, in the school gym, or in the parking lot behind the church. And I'm happy he is a Spur.

smeagol
01-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Manu may not be "God" but he sure is one helluva ballplayer. I love the guy, he brings it, and the guy has a mentality to win, and more often than not he finds ways to help his team, he gets steals, rebounds, makes a good pass, hits a tough shot,and like he did last night, creates for his teammates. He is a competitor and he is fearless and brilliant and scary at the same time, which has given me grey hairs and probably is cutting into Pop's life by years. This is a guy who I would watch play anywhere, in the NBA, in the school gym, or in the parking lot behind the church. And I'm happy he is a Spur.
Same here.

Last night's two-hand bounce pass to TP in the first minutes of the 1st Q was as sick as his circus-type move in the 4th.

SequSpur
01-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Awesome topic.

smeagol
01-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Awesome topic.
Please elaborate . . .

Rummpd
01-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Manu is held back by system imagine him freewheeling on the Suns etc.

However, even with Spurs at times dull system more often than not he is the one with the ball much of late 4th in clutch times.

Perhaps, not yet a 15 player but tough call - Olympic Gold, great defense besides his offensive game. Probably top 25 and rising but currently not rising as fast as TP (who case can be made for top 15 right now - another tough call).

manustarting2gd
01-20-2005, 10:08 PM
What a nice problem to have .. two rising stars and a two time MVP.. he may not shit gold bars but he's about to shit out another NBA championship ring for S.A.

waly.mg
01-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Right, he´s Gold not God

Ginofan
01-21-2005, 12:18 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't just buy that altar for nothing!!! ;)

On a serious note, of course Manu is very much human. He makes mistakes and pays for them. I think we all get a little excited about Manu more than any other player on the Spurs because we havent had that type of excitement on this team in a long while. He's a great player, top 10? no way. But definitely a great player.

Spurminator
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Manny is God.

vanvannen
01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I think although he has a lot of improvement to do (Manu cut down those turnovers for pity sake) he is one of the most exciting player to watch. Of course he is note God, that applies only to MJ, but he is a damn good player that could give a lot to any NBA team. Sometimes when I read hard criticism (such as Sequ's) I'm not sure what Spurs fans expect from him. The guy is a fine hard working SG that gives it all for the team. Is he a superstar? Of course not. Is he useful for the Spurs? I think he is. Besides, you must love a player that gives it all for the team such as Manu. I would rather keep a less talented Manu than a superstar Vince Carter that (as he said in an interview) "doesn't give his best because he is bitter with the franchise for not trading him" any day of the week.

sa_butta
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
That aint no joke he shot awful against the Clippers
0-6 from 3pt. I thought he should have attacked the
basket more since he was not shooting well. He just
needs some more control, he is wild man that tries to
do too much at times. But when he does get it done
it looks real pretty. Plus he is a stat sheet filler pretty
regularly.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I would rather keep a less talented Manu than a superstar Vince Carter

Who said VC is more talented than Manu?

VC= black male with extra leg muscles who jumps really fucking high.

Manu is more talented, although I love Vince Carter for jumping over a 7 foot frenchie, that's just not human.

I like Carter , but only for his dunks,

ducks
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
last night he was
kitten