PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

Mister Sinister
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
So, is anyone going to a midnight premiere for this? I know I am. Friend of mine and I are planning on putting "Cap was right." on t-shirts for it, see if anyone gets it.

Evan
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Looks....awful

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
So you got a cracked out Iron Man, combating a giant silver version of himself, hmmmkay, yeah, looks crap.

Shaolin-Style
04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
You know what would be awesome?

If they actually made a Civil War marvel movie.

RandomGuy
04-28-2008, 02:26 PM
So, is anyone going to a midnight premiere for this? I know I am. Friend of mine and I are planning on putting "Cap was right." on t-shirts for it, see if anyone gets it.

On a rooftop, (Where else do superheroes talk?) Spider-Man points out to Cap that most of America has Cap down as a traitor. Spidey then just wants to know how Cap deals with it.

Cap turns away and says, "I remember the first time I really understood what it was to be an American...What it was to be a patriot."

"I was just a kid...A million years ago, it seems sometimes. Maybe twelve. I was reading Mark Twain.

And he wrote something that struck me right down to my core...something so powerful, so true, that it changed my life. I memorized it so I could repeat it to myself, over and over across the years. He wrote --'In a republic, who is the country?

Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant: it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. It's function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Who, then is the country? Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why, these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it, they have not command, they have only their little share in the command.

In a monarchy, the king and his family are the country: In a republic it is the common voice of the people each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak.

It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians.

Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man.

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of'."

Cap continues, "Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world--

--No you move."

http://captain-america.us/articles/images/civilwar/page2captainamerica.jpg

Oh lordy please forgive me for the massive jpg.

G-Nob
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
RDJ as a superhero? Very strange.

RandomGuy
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
So you got a cracked out Iron Man, combating a giant silver version of himself, hmmmkay, yeah, looks crap.

... nice Alex "Conpiracy" Jones gif.

:lmao

For those who have never met him, here is an introduction:

4ikRc4ER2xY

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
On a rooftop, (Where else do superheroes talk?) Spider-Man points out to Cap that most of America has Cap down as a traitor. Spidey then just wants to know how Cap deals with it.

Cap turns away and says, "I remember the first time I really understood what it was to be an American...What it was to be a patriot."

"I was just a kid...A million years ago, it seems sometimes. Maybe twelve. I was reading Mark Twain.

And he wrote something that struck me right down to my core...something so powerful, so true, that it changed my life. I memorized it so I could repeat it to myself, over and over across the years. He wrote --'In a republic, who is the country?

Is it the government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the government is merely a temporary servant: it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. It's function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Who, then is the country? Is it the newspaper? Is it the pulpit? Why, these are mere parts of the country, not the whole of it, they have not command, they have only their little share in the command.

In a monarchy, the king and his family are the country: In a republic it is the common voice of the people each of you, for himself, by himself and on his own responsibility, must speak.

It is a solemn and weighty responsibility, and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government, or the empty catchphrases of politicians.

Each must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, and which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man.

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.

If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of'."

Cap continues, "Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world--

--No you move."

And then SNIPE

dickface
04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
This looks shittier than Daredevil.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Anyone that sees the trailers easily infers that the bad guy got the plans from his original suit and makes 12, obviously of different make and model which leads to parity in bad guy fighting. I'm just pissed Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury cameo was cut out.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Anyone that sees the trailers easily infers that the bad guy got the plans from his original suit and makes 12, obviously of different make and model which leads to parity in bad guy fighting. I'm just pissed Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury cameo was cut out.

I'm as big a Samuel L. fan as anyone, but just as Mel Gibson's Hamlet paled in comparison to earlier performances by greats like Laurence Olivier, so would Jackson's performance have fallen short against the likes of The Hoff and the University of Houston's own Andre Ware.

marini martini
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
So, will there be a "cuddle party" afterwards??????????

Mister Sinister
04-29-2008, 01:26 AM
RandomGuy: :lmao That page is currently my wallpaper.

Stan
02-21-2019, 10:19 AM
:lol the good ol days pre-MCU

Xevious
02-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Funny how many people were saying it looks like crap and that RDJ was an odd pick. Now RDJ is as synonymous with Tony Stark/Iron Man as Hugh Jackman is with Wolverine, and this is the movie that started the entire MCU.

SpursforSix
02-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Funny how many people were saying it looks like crap and that RDJ was an odd pick. Now RDJ is as synonymous with Tony Stark/Iron Man as Hugh Jackman is with Wolverine, and this is the movie that started the entire MCU.

For sure. Of all the superheros, I can't think of one where the actor would be as irreplaceable as RDJ as Ironman.

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 02:07 PM

--No you move."

oddly enough, in civil war, sharon carter said

And she said, compromise when you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move. It is your duty, to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say, " No... ... you move."

SpursforSix
02-21-2019, 02:12 PM
oddly enough, in civil war, sharon carter said

Sharon Carter happens to be the name of Avante's first wife.

Avant
02-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Never really warmed up to the Iron Man movies, they were just...ok.

David Hogg
02-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Iron Man 1 was solid, but 2 & 3 are both garbage.

Avant
02-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Sharon Carter happens to be the name of Avante's first wife.

My God guy, fucking obsessed.

Stick to the topic of the thread, ok?

Pavlov
02-21-2019, 02:16 PM
oddly enough, in civil war, sharon carter saidNothing odd about source material.

SpursforSix
02-21-2019, 02:19 PM
My God guy, fucking obsessed.

Stick to the topic of the thread, ok?

Was just making a comment. Chill out gramps.

Avant
02-21-2019, 02:24 PM
Was just making a comment. Chill out gramps.

Dude, why would anyone give a fuck about anyones wife/x-wife? Look at you, what is your real name? Well?

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Nothing odd about source material.
that's not what i found odd about it.

SpursforSix
02-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Dude, why would anyone give a fuck about anyones wife/x-wife? Look at you, what is your real name? Well?

It was just a curiosity. My name is Hershey Butterfinger, so believe me...I put up with shit all the time.

Pavlov
02-21-2019, 02:34 PM
that's not what i found odd about it.That they switched the person who said it?

Eh, I can see the logic in the Russos' making the choice to have that speech in an actual speech. Can't see Cap's saying that in a conversation during the movie and it puts a bow on Peggy's legacy to boot.

Avant
02-21-2019, 02:36 PM
It was just a curiosity. My name is Hershey Butterfinger, so believe me...I put up with shit all the time.

What a coward.

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 02:39 PM
That they switched the person who said it?

Eh, I can see the logic in the Russos' making the choice to have that speech in an actual speech. Can't see Cap's saying that in a conversation during the movie and it puts a bow on Peggy's legacy to boot.
nah, that years ago somebody mentioned wanting to see that speech in a movie, at at time there was no indication there would be a whole marvel cinematic universe. but then it happened and it happened. with a slight twist.

maybe i should have described it as "neat" instead of "odd" or somethin, who cares

Pavlov
02-21-2019, 02:44 PM
nah, that years ago somebody mentioned wanting to see that speech in a movie, at at time there was no indication there would be a whole marvel cinematic universe. but then it happened and it happened. with a slight twist.

maybe i should have described it as "neat" instead of "odd" or somethin, who caresI get it. You're right. I remember they faked an entire Serpent Society project before changing it to Civil War at a press event and everyone went crazy.

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 02:49 PM
I get it. You're right. I remember they faked an entire Serpent Society project before changing it to Civil War at a press event and everyone went crazy.
that reveal was pretty epic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VoJuVfbjI

Leetonidas
02-21-2019, 06:32 PM
GotG >>>> all other MCU movies (minus infinity war and winter soldier)

Blake
02-21-2019, 07:03 PM
You know what would be awesome?

If they actually made a Civil War marvel movie.

Wow.

Maybe if I say I want a Secret Wars movie it'll come true too

Blake
02-21-2019, 07:05 PM
Look at you, what is your real name? Well?

Poor Larry begging for everyone to drop their shorts like he did

Avant
02-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Poor Larry begging for everyone to drop their shorts like he did

Not good with degrees are ya stupid....begging?

Blake
02-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Not good with degrees are ya stupid....begging?

Yeah it's pretty clear your not entirely comfortable being naked here while so many others aren't

lefty20
02-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Wow.

Maybe if I say I want a Secret Wars movie it'll come true too

Only a matter of time, tbh.

lefty
02-24-2019, 02:59 AM
:lol the good ol days pre-MCU
Good bump