PDA

View Full Version : Why we didn't play with Duncan in the low post?

Josepatches
04-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Man I am tired to see all the time the fucking pick & roll.I can't understand why we didn't put the ball inside if Phoenix put only one man on TD like game 1(Shaq,Amare...etc). Duncan was shooting JS all the game.This is really stupid.
We can't win if we only shoots from medium-long range.
TP was great in game 3 but he was very lucky with his JS.If he is not able to make his JS (like usually happens) then or Manu makes 40 or we are lost with TD out of the key

ducks
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
dude the pick and roll worked awesome the first 3 games
and pop went to that in game 4 some

remingtonbo2001
04-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Our problem wasn't with the PnR, which was about our only means of offensive production today. We didn't run and create transition opportunities and our ball movement was terrible. Lastly, our defense was PATHETIC. Often, especially with teams like PHX, we feed off our defense to provide us with offensive momentum.

TDfan2007
04-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Man I am tired to see all the time the fucking pick & roll.I can't understand why we didn't put the ball inside if Phoenix put only one man on TD like game 1(Shaq,Amare...etc). Duncan was shooting JS all the game.This is really stupid.
TP was great in game 3 but he was very lucky with his JS.If he is not able to make his JS (like usually happens) then or Manu makes 40 or we are lost with TD out of the key

Tim got a few isos in the post. He responded by having his worst playoff game in recent memory. Every shot attempt he put was weak and even his good looks wouldn't fall. Just a rough night for him and the rest of the guys. Game 5 is when this series will end. Pheonix had it's...well...pheonix, but now they're done.

dbreiden83080
04-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Pick and roll is the key to the series we are 1 win away.

Supreme_Being
04-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I think we tanked this game to buy a few day's rest.

dbreiden83080
04-28-2008, 01:55 AM
I think we tanked this game to buy a few day's rest.

This was the first of Spurs not showing up for a playoff game. It has happened before it will happen again. I thought it was happening on Fri, guess i was 2 days late.

m33p0
04-28-2008, 05:21 AM
the pick n roll has been absolute gold for us. until phoenix can defend it, i'd like for pop to keep shoving that play deep down d'antoni's throat.

4 down will always be on pop's back pocket. he'll pull out that card whenever he wishes to or has to.

WalterBenitez
04-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Pick an roll worked, so why to change ... but don't let them learn, so go with TP penetrating directly and TD in the paint zone; of course it looks easy from South America, I am not the coach.

wijayas
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM

Relax boys. Can't win all the time. Give them a break. Give ourselves a break.

HarlemHeat37
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
pick and roll is the best option..I don't want Duncan getting touches in the low-post, instead I want him to face up..he struggles against Shaq when he's strictly posting up, because of Shaq's huge body..he has a good advantage face up, because he's quicker and more importantly, he draws fouls..

if the refs actually called Shaq legitimately, he would foul out in the 1st quarter though..

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-28-2008, 01:38 PM
it was amazing to watch a game where the best big man of this era rarely posted up

ducks
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
holt tanked the game so he can sell tickets for game 5
holt is cheap