PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NBA does it again

ShoogarBear
04-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Ernie's Neato Stat of the Night was a quiz for guest Chris Webber.

I didn't catch all of them, but last three questions were:
-What is Charles Barkley's favorite brand of doughut?
-Who is the only white guy on the set?
-How many time-outs in a college basketball game? :lmao

trueD
04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
The others were:
-Where are you?
-Who is referred to as "The Jet"?

trueD
04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
And it appears Chris Webber is not just a guest. He's got a real contract again!

StylisticS
04-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah that last question was hilarious.

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Those guys are just too funny.

kingsfan
04-28-2008, 12:39 AM
:lol You know when you go on that show you're going to get something done to you by the "guys upstairs"
I want to meet these guys.

Bob Lanier
04-28-2008, 12:50 AM
:ttiwwp:

(The little green guy on the right is British)

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2008, 12:52 AM
oh man, i prefer when it's just them 3

webber is okay for a guest spot, but it's gonna be awkward having him there. I also don't feel that his "analysis" skills are good enough to have him be a full time member.

He could maybe work out for ESPN, since their halftime show is beyond brutal.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Coach Kenny is a high candidate for a job in New York, possibly the coach. So maybe TNT is trying people out to replace Kenny.

1Parker1
04-28-2008, 09:04 AM
:lmao The best part was Chris Webber's Answer to that question..."I still don't know the answer....."

:lmao

trueD
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
:lmao The best part was Chris Webber's Answer to that question..."I still don't know the answer....."

:lmao

:lol It was the best answer he gave all night! I thought he was going to redeem himself until he got all defensive: "See how you treat me? Kenny, take the knife outta my back. My momma is gonna be embarrassed..."

E20
04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
That would suck if Kenny would be leaving. I've also heard that Mark Jackson may be up for the spot.

1Parker1
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I hope it goes to Mark Jackson, I can't stand his sideline commentating.

xtremesteven33
04-28-2008, 11:52 AM
oh god no....anybody but mark jackson...not another stupid new york accent speaking idiot...get bill walton or van gundy....

Allanon
04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Mark Jackson would probably fit into Kenny's role. I like JVG but can't see how he would fit in with Ernie and Chuck. I mean c'mon, it's gonna be extremely difficult filling Kenny's spot, Mark Jackson is probably as close as its going to get.

Chris Webber might be OK.
Rick Fox might be good.

JamStone
04-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Reggie might be ok replacing Kenny. Wouldn't be Kenny, but I think he'd be entertaining. I know some people don't like him, but I think he's fine and I can see Charles having a good time making fun of Reggie.

tlongII
04-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I hope Kenny doesn't leave. TNT's show and Fox's NFL pre-game show are by far the best sports shows on television.

hater
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
mark jackson sucks ass and Webber would not bring anything interesting. I say they should stick w/the 3

Allanon
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
mark jackson sucks ass and Webber would not bring anything interesting. I say they should stick w/the 3

I think Kenny's leaving to go coach in New York. Don't you find it odd that there were rumors of a Kenny Smith interview with Donnie Walsh, then Kenny disappears from TNT for a few days replaced by Alonzo Mourning?

Reggie might be ok replacing Kenny. Wouldn't be Kenny, but I think he'd be entertaining. I know some people don't like him, but I think he's fine and I can see Charles having a good time making fun of Reggie.

Yeah, I can see Reggie, he's probably one of the better replacements.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
The problem with losing Kenny is that--ignoring the fact that he's a naturally funny guy--he's the middle-level player with the rings, making him the perfect foil for Charles. It would be funny if, say, Magic kept throwing his rings in Barkley's face.

Marc Jackson I don't think would be bad, but nowhere near as good. Reggie is okay, but I just don't find him as funny either. Steve Kerr would have been perfect, but he's not available. I wonder if Horry or Brent Barry want to get into broadcasting?

kingsfan
04-30-2008, 11:06 PM
They did it again! They redid 1 of Chuck/Dwayne's ads to ask him about Star Jones. :lmao:lmao Too fucking funny

JamStone
04-30-2008, 11:11 PM
The problem with losing Kenny is that--ignoring the fact that he's a naturally funny guy--he's the middle-level player with the rings, making him the perfect foil for Charles. It would be funny if, say, Magic kept throwing his rings in Barkley's face.

Marc Jackson I don't think would be bad, but nowhere near as good. Reggie is okay, but I just don't find him as funny either. Steve Kerr would have been perfect, but he's not available. I wonder if Horry or Brent Barry want to get into broadcasting?

Will Perdue.

Get it done.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
It would be funny if, say, Magic kept throwing his rings in Barkley's face.

That should have read "wouldn't be funny".

Will Perdue.

Get it done.

Good choice.

SRJ
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
webber is okay for a guest spot, but it's gonna be awkward having him there. I also don't feel that his "analysis" skills are good enough to have him be a full time member.

Kenny Smith is the only person providing any kind of analysis. Charles is funny, but

1) always prefaces a critique of a player or coach with "Now, I love _____________, but..." For a supposed controversial guy, he sure does cover his ass a lot.

2) irritatingly makes it clear that he doesn't like watching this team or this game or that a particular game was terrible. Way to hype the product Chuck. Secondly, we all noticed the game sucked, you don't have to beat us over the head with it.

3) his "analysis" is embarrasingly obvious.

If Barkley isn't funny - or if he's not even engaged that night - he's dead weight on that show. It used to drive me nuts when Kenny and Charles would take the show off-track with laughter and such, but it's much better than the nights CB mails it in or is in a bad mood.

If Webber can step in and do what Kenny does, he'll be all right. I do like the dynamic of Kenny the middling player waving his rings in HOF Chuck's face, as Shoogar pointed out. Webber can't match that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Horry would be awesome!

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 11:30 PM
The flack Webber gets for the timeout is almost unfair. While it was fitting karma since he got away with traveling while bringing the ball up the floor, when he got caught and trapped in the corner, he picked up his dribble, looked to the bench and saw a player signaling for a timeout. If I look at the bench, am distressed and see that, I'd probably call it to. For all I know, it may have been a coach. I haven't seen the footage in so long, I just can't remember. I just recall seeing someone that Webber was looking right at make the timeout gesture.

Marklar MM
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Put Rasheed on there. Problem solved.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
They did it again! They redid 1 of Chuck/Dwayne's ads to ask him about Star Jones. :lmao:lmao Too fucking funny

They're the best. Wade's never gonna live it down tomorrow. :lol

kingsfan
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
They're the best. Wade's never gonna live it down tomorrow. :lol
Oh yea tomorrow's going to be good.
Then they did a pic of Wade with a real cougar. Chuck loved that :lol

SRJ
04-30-2008, 11:35 PM

Nah, 'Sheed needs to go on ESPN. That way they can do some utterly hilarious and not at all contrived segment called "Rasheed's T-Up!".

greyforest
05-01-2008, 04:32 AM

SpursFanFirst
05-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Does anyone have video of the Chuck/wade spot?

TheMACHINE
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
NfjzOaZDx5U

TheMACHINE
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
9ILUog5Vqr4

E20
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I never said Mark Jackson would be joining TNT, I said besides Kenny being up for coaching spot in NY, Mark Jackson is up for the NY coaching job as well, this is what I heard during JVG, Mark Jackson, and Breen talking about the coaching situation in NY after Isiah got fired.

E20
05-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Also, Ernie needs to quit asking the question who here is the only white guy or something along the lines, it's just not as funny or shocking. If he wanted to refer to hisself, the question should have read:
Who here went bald invoulntary?

1Parker1
05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I hope it goes to Mark Jackson, I can't stand his sideline commentating.

I meant with the Knicks coaching job, not as replacing Kenny on TNT. Goodness, I'd stop watching TNT all together if I had to listen to him.

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Inside the NBA is awesome...I like to watch it even though the games they featured weren't interesting. Funny stuff