PDA

View Full Version : Near Riot in Nevada

Nbadan
04-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Bet Limpballs won't cover this....

After a super-majority of Ron Paul supporters captured control of the Republican state convention Saturday, state party officials abruptly canceled the event without electing delegates to the national convention...and the fun ensued....

5iKzVTl-eHI

mouse
04-28-2008, 03:02 AM
That Chump will do a RandomGuy Sean Hannity OAI Spin if he does talk about it.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2008, 03:18 AM
I liked the part where you didn't think anything would happen -- and it didn't!

xrayzebra
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh my, does this mean McCain isn't the Republican nominee?

some_user86
04-28-2008, 09:04 AM
It means that the efforts to shuffle dissent in the party aren't working.

It's sad that neither the fiscal/libertarian wing of the party nor the religious-nut wing have clearly joined together. Neither side trusts him, especially the moderate faction feels betrayed. I know I certainly do.

xrayzebra
04-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Huh! You talking about the dimms?

some_user86
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Huh! You talking about the dimms?

It's sad that neither the fiscal/libertarian wing of the party nor the religious-nut wing have clearly joined together. Neither side trusts him, especially the moderate faction feels betrayed. I know I certainly do.

BonnerDynasty
04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
revolution!

boutons_
04-28-2008, 11:01 AM
"efforts to shuffle dissent"

shuffle? stifle?

Don Quixote
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Who's Ron Paul?

What primaries or cauci has he won?

Never heard of him.

pickle girl
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Rush is still the big pickle in the jar.

RandomGuy
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
That Chump will do a RandomGuy Sean Hannity OAI Spin if he does talk about it.

You really know how to hurt a guy, don't you?

Me, as "Sean Hannity"? Ow.

Just goes to show how hard it is to be a moderate these days. I am a screaming liberal to some, and a conservadrone to others. :toast

RandomGuy
04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I must say that caucuses are fun. I enjoyed being a participant in the Texas Demo one.

Personally, I would love to see RP as the eventual Republican nominee, or simply run as an independent.

More power to y'all RonPaulistas/RonPaultards/RonPaulogists whatever you call yourselves. :toast

Don Quixote
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Yes, RandomGuy, you are an enigma. A pro-business, Obamaniac, supply-sider generally against welfare reform.

On the other hand, we have to hand it to Hannity. First of all, he interviewed Wright and was very fair to him, I think. Second, he was ahead of the curve on both the Wright and Ayers stories. And third, he got ABC News in trouble with other liberals over urging Stephanolopis to ask the Chosen One a couple of hard questions. How dare they!?

braeden0613
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh my, does this mean McCain isn't the Republican nominee?
I'm still hoping he keels over.

some_user86
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Hard questions? They were completely irrelevant to policy issues at hand!

I don't think you would know a policy-related question if it bit you in the ass. In fact, I am pretty sure your entire knowledge-base is formed from talking points on Limbaugh or Hannity and Colmes.

There were numerous better, tougher questions out there than the crap that ABC pulled. Questions like how they plan on paying for the federal health care when Medicaire and Social Security are barely above water and we're paying out of the nose for a stupid, pointless war (because Georgie boy wanted to play with his tanks in the sand). How the hell will it be possible to withdraw immediately, and what happens if we have to open a third front in Pakistan (<-- that one is relevant to McCain as well)? If we go to federalized healthcare, what will happen to the crappy HMO system that Hillary fortified? To Hillary: how is a health insurance mandate going to solve anything when the poorest family couldn't afford health insurance in the first place? To Hillary: what do you say to the thousands of doctors who say that they have had options to save someone's life, but have been thwarted by insurance companies because it would cost too much (why the hell are they they are if they aren't going to do their job: insure you). To both: Instead of going to a half-assed national health insurance plan, would it not be more efficient to convert the already free-health care provided by county emergency rooms into a base level of care at the federal level (that way if you want to use private hospitals, you can, but the county systems would be under federal resources so that they don't go bankrupt like they are now because of non-insured patients)? To both: will you still turn on free trade if the secretaries of treasury and of labor in conjunction with the Federal reserve chairman came up to you and said that the FTAs are bringing back more jobs to the country than they are losing? To McCain: how can you reasonably expect us to build long-term bases in Iraq a la South Korea if the fanatics in that country are radicalized against American presence their (see: American bases on Saudi land)? To McCain: why have you decided to turn on sound economic principles in voting against the tax cuts to now supporting them in a span of just months? To McCain: how can you cozy up to the 'agents of intolerance' Fallwell (dead) and Robertson after 8 short years since making that statement? To McCain: Would you have supported the Iraqi war knowing what you know now that there are no WMDs, there was little to no presence of al-Qaeda (in contrast to direct al-Qaeda ties with Iran), the possibility of rise in Afghani insurgence, and that OBL was still at large? Essentially, was the Iraq a mistake, given the facts now? To McCain: given that the Iraqi government and army is unwilling and uncaring to defend itself, would you pull out? To McCain: would you listen to our soldiers' frustration at the lack of Iraqi army interest and discipline as a sign for a policy shift in the military coordinations between the two armies?

At least that some of what I am interested in hearing. I don't expect a straight answer, but at least you keep applying the pressure on real policy questions and see how they react, not ask them who their best friend in third grade was, and wether or not he was a communist.

RandomGuy
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Yes, RandomGuy, you are an enigma. A pro-business, Obamaniac, supply-sider generally against welfare reform.

On the other hand, we have to hand it to Hannity. First of all, he interviewed Wright and was very fair to him, I think. Second, he was ahead of the curve on both the Wright and Ayers stories. And third, he got ABC News in trouble with other liberals over urging Stephanolopis to ask the Chosen One a couple of hard questions. How dare they!?

Ooooh, RG is definitely NOT a supply-sider, and puts himself squarely in the Keynsian camp.

I am generally an advocate of free-markets, but understand the role of government in setting up rules of play.

I am less pro-business than I am pro-people, as well. One must remember that the purpose of any business is to make money. Profits ARE NOT the same as overall public good, although they can word towards overall public good at times.

Business is generally the way to allocate scare resources in a usually efficient manner, but again, one has to keep an eye on big business as much as one should keep an eye on big government.

RandomGuy
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I will have to take DQ's word for Hannity being fair, but I don't watch his shows on the general priciple that I haven't seen him be fair.

Joe Scarborough is a rare conservative talking head for whom I have a good amount of respect. I may not agree with him, but he is professional and competant.

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, Hannity is an opinion journalist. So go in expecting him to come from a conservative viewpoint. And that's fine, by the way. I object more to liberals (and the occasional conservative) pretending to be objective, when in fact they are not. They should just be honest, as Hannity is.

Watch the Wright interview, though. Hannity was more than fair to him, I think.

For a liberal squishie, however, I admire your overall good attitutude toward business. But even most conservatives would agree that there is a role for gummint to play in regulating it.