PDA

View Full Version : Jordan > Kobe + lebron combined

Kobe24Forever
04-28-2008, 07:36 AM
I know it seems blasphemous for a lakers fan like me to say this but after watching this highlight of Jordan, i doubt in all my years of watching kobe, that much of his personal top 10 could make it in Jordan's top 100. I will let this video speak for itself, i have always defended kobe and it hurts me when some moron bring up those pointless comparison, lets put this matter to rest once and for all.

tWvxijHNWB4

endrity
04-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I think the video shows the main difference between Kobe and Jordan which rarely gets mentioned. Jordan has bigger hands, and longer arms, which allowed him to be a much much much bettter finisher around the basket. It's not silly to argue that Kobe might have a more vast amount of skills, but Jordan was soooo good at his things that I still think any comparison with him is premature.

Even when he turned his game to a back to basket jump shooter, he still became so unstoppable that it didn't matter if he wasn't a great 3 point shooter or had other holes to his game compared to Kobe.

mavsfan1000
04-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Not even close. Jordan is the GOAT of the NBA.

Cry Havoc
04-28-2008, 09:59 AM
You cannot even say that Kobe is the second best guard ever, so that pretty much means he isn't be as good as Jordan.

u2sarajevo
04-28-2008, 10:00 AM
I swear alot of the times he would shoot that there had to be a magnet in the ball because it would just find the basket every dang time. He was awesome.

The_Worlds_finest
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
you guys are obviously smoking crack....lebron carried his team to the finals while jordan was still in college. You cant compare either player to jordan until they have retired.

AZLouis
04-28-2008, 10:37 AM
ProStars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

Enough said.

ImmortalD24
04-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Have some decency and post under your real username BruceBlitz.

Lebron James is already better than prime Jordan let alone Kobe Bryant.

ImmortalD24
04-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Kobe Bryant+Lebron James>>> Michael Jordan+Larry Bird

anakha
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Kobe Bryant+Lebron James>>> Michael Jordan+Larry Bird

Looking only at the sheer number of game-winning moments each player has had, Jordan+Bird FAR surpasses Bryant+James.

Killakobe81
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
better... sure ill bite but combined?! really?
LOOk MJ is the best ...BUT remember there were fewer great athletes then ...kobe/lebron dont have that advantage though Lebronn has amazing size/speed ratio. Kobe has MJ's fundamentals skills ...athleticisim LBJ over MJ
League is softer now though..

Medvedenko
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice trolling thread...love it....just love it.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Haha, Kobe24Forever nice 1st post as a "Laker Fan" hahah.

Kobe has more skills, Jordan won more...but Kobe still has another good 4-5 more years left. Let Kobe have a few more years to get more rings and then we'll see how he stacks up with Jordan.

Kobe's as close to Jordan as there has ever been, I can't think of any other shooting guard better than Mamba.

Str8Ballin
04-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Jordan was God in Nikes. There is no comparison.

JamStone
04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
you guys are obviously smoking crack....lebron carried his team to the finals while jordan was still in college. You cant compare either player to jordan until they have retired.

No.

robbie380
04-28-2008, 02:52 PM

Kobe has more skills, Jordan won more...but Kobe still has another good 4-5 more years left. Let Kobe have a few more years to get more rings and then we'll see how he stacks up with Jordan.

Kobe's as close to Jordan as there has ever been, I can't think of any other shooting guard better than Mamba.

lol what does "kobe has more skills" mean? what "skill" is kobe better at than jordan? how many times did the more skilled kobe shoot over 50% from the field? now that i am looking he averages less assists than jordan. he averages more turnovers than jordan. he rebounds less than jordan. he gets less steals than jordan. he gets less blocks than jordan. oh wait...kobe does shoot 1.3% better from 3 than jordan! BAM! there is the skill you are talking about.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 03:25 PM
lol what does "kobe has more skills" mean? what "skill" is kobe better at than jordan? how many times did the more skilled kobe shoot over 50% from the field? now that i am looking he averages less assists than jordan. he averages more turnovers than jordan. he rebounds less than jordan. he gets less steals than jordan. he gets less blocks than jordan. oh wait...kobe does shoot 1.3% better from 3 than jordan! BAM! there is the skill you are talking about.

More skills meaning in quantity, he has more ways to score than Jordan does.

Just like your 3 point shot comparison, Kobe shot almost double the amount of 3 pointers that Jordan did yet Kobe still has a higher percentage. 3 Point shooting for Jordan wasn't a skill he used much, he just did it once in awhile. Whereas Kobe uses this skill more effectively and much more often.

spurms
04-28-2008, 04:06 PM

Just like your 3 point shot comparison, Kobe shot almost double the amount of 3 pointers that Jordan did yet Kobe still has a higher percentage. 3 Point shooting for Jordan wasn't a skill he used much, he just did it once in awhile. Whereas Kobe uses this skill more effectively and much more often.

He cant finish around the basket as well as jordan, his hands are too small and short(compared to jordan), his 18 foot jumpers is no where near as accurate as jordan, he jack up more 3s then jordan, just because he felt he is entitled to do so, so in what way is can he create more scoring opportunities for himself? Jackup more shots and go to the free throw line.

Medvedenko
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Well I heard John Salley say that Kobe was the better player and I believe he played with and against both.....hmmm.....I'll take former players, GM's and coaches opinions over anyone on this board or anyone writing sport articles. What's my opinion...it all depends on the era but I give the nod to MJ....right now. Kobe's not done yet.

spurms
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Well I heard John Salley say that Kobe was the better player and I believe he played with and against both.....hmmm.....I'll take former players, GM's and coaches opinions over anyone on this board or anyone writing sport articles. What's my opinion...it all depends on the era but I give the nod to MJ....right now. Kobe's not done yet.

the gm and former players were unanimous, barkley, magic, shaq, reggie, john salley, you must have made a white lie or misquote him on that one, because he said jordan was the best in an actual documentary sometimes back, and even jerry west said jordan was the ultimate player, you must be living in ur own world :lol

Medvedenko
04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.am570radio.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Salley states his case......

Medvedenko
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh and my point is this....we can argue all you want, but players, former players, GM's and coaches opinions are what matters. They have the insight that box score watching will never tell.
Like I said I say MJ is better than Kobe and when aruging with say a former NBA vet who has played and observed with both said players...who would you take as the winner.

Indazone
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
No comparison. I think the only other NBA player that might be mentioned in the same breathe as Michael Jordan is Dr. J Julius Erving.

monosylab1k
04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Well I heard John Salley say that Kobe was the better player

Yeah because a former Detroit Piston is going to talk favorably of Jordan.

I'm sure you'd put the same amount of stock in Raja Bell's opinion of this subject, right?

Medvedenko
04-28-2008, 04:38 PM
You guys just don't get the point do you.....Your opinions and mine for all intents and purposes don't mean shit really. We are observers and unless one of us actually played the game (NBA) than it doesn't matter.

Thunder Dan
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Kevin Garnett is better than all of them

Pero
04-28-2008, 05:15 PM
:lol

tlongII
04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
You guys just don't get the point do you.....Your opinions and mine for all intents and purposes don't mean shit really. We are observers and unless one of us actually played the game (NBA) than it doesn't matter.

This is true, but the vast majority of former NBA players consider Jordan to be much better than Kobe.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Year by year, people are acknowledging the fact that Kobe may be more talented then Jordan. But till he gets more championships and shows he can lead his team, Jordan will be a "better" player.

Kobe is more talented. Jordan is a better player.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Year by year, people are acknowledging the fact that Kobe may be more talented then Jordan. But till he gets more championships and shows he can lead his team, Jordan will be a "better" player.

Exactly right.

Back when Kobe joined the NBA, there were murmurings that he was the next Jordan, then that was traded for a talented kid. Then it was a rapist. Then it was best scorer but selfish. Now coaches and players are saying he's the best player in the NBA right now. I don't think there were ever many "consensus" best players in the league besides Jordan.

You notice nobody says he's selfish anymore except for fans?

Nobody here is crazy enough to say Kobe is better than Jordan right now. But given enough time, who knows...the skills are there.

robbie380
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM

lol so because kobe jacks up more 3's at a slightly better percentage then that means he is a more skilled scorer than jordan?

again...you said kobe is more skilled than jordan yet you can only name ONE thing that he does better. :lol

robbie380
04-28-2008, 09:08 PM

how in the fuck is kobe more talented if he is statistically inferior in almost every category to jordan?

next thing i know you guys will be telling me that dwight howard is more talented than hakeem or that stro swift is more "talented" than duncan.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
lol so because kobe jacks up more 3's at a slightly better percentage then that means he is a more skilled scorer than jordan?

again...you said kobe is more skilled than jordan yet you can only name ONE thing that he does better. :lol

So Kobe makes almost double the amount of 3s at a better percent and you dismiss it as "jacks up more 3's at a slightly better percentage)" That's over a thousand more points.

What's the point of debate, you're obviously a hater if you can make a ridiculous statement like that... :lmao

robbie380
04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
So Kobe makes almost double the amount of 3s at a better percent and you dismiss it as "jacks up more 3's at a slightly better percentage)" That's over a thousand more points.

What's the point of debate, you're obviously a hater if you can make a ridiculous statement like that... :lmao

have you looked at the numbers?

jordan is a career 33.2% 3 pt shooter (581/1778 in 1072 games)

kobe is a career 34.0% 3 pt shooter (1086/3192 in 866 games)

i didn't know .8% was significant.

Allanon
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
have you looked at the numbers?

jordan is a career 33.2% 3 pt shooter (581/1778 in 1072 games)

kobe is a career 34.0% 3 pt shooter (1086/3192 in 866 games)

i didn't know .8% was significant.

1086-581=505 3 pointers difference

505*3= 1500 extra points on 3 pointers. I'd say that was very significant.

stretch
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Well if you really want to dig deeper into it... you just owned yourself.

Jordan for his career has for the most part dwarfed Kobe's scoring numbers and FG% numbers. And hes doing it with a thousand less points off of 3 point shots. So basically, Jordan outscored Kobe with pretty much all of his shots being 2 point shots, while Kobe has added a thousand more points using the 3 point shot to his advantage, and still cant touch Jordan's scoring averages.

What you said really just shows how much more awesome that Jordan is, in that he doesn't even need a 3 point shot and still kicks Kobe's ass in every way.

Fail.

Elraptor
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
You cannot even say that Kobe is the second best guard ever, so that pretty much means he isn't be as good as Jordan.FTW. :toast

robbie380
04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
1086-581=505 3 pointers difference

505*3= 1500 extra points on 3 pointers. I'd say that was very significant.

and i would say 49.7% FG% to 45.3% is significant.
and i would say 30.1 ppg to 25.0 ppg is significant.
i would say 2.3 spg to 1.5 spg is significant.
i would say 6.2 rpg to 5.3 rpg is significant.
i would say 5.3 apg to 4.6 apg is significant.
i would say 2.73 TO/g to 2.9 TO/g is significant.
hell even jordan averaged .8 bpg to kobe's .6 bpg.

so again...tell me how i am being a hater lol :nope

Allanon
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Well if you really want to dig deeper into it... you just owned yourself.

Jordan for his career has for the most part dwarfed Kobe's scoring numbers and FG% numbers. And hes doing it with a thousand less points off of 3 point shots. So basically, Jordan outscored Kobe with pretty much all of his shots being 2 point shots, while Kobe has added a thousand more points using the 3 point shot to his advantage, and still cant touch Jordan's scoring averages.

What you said really just shows how much more awesome that Jordan is, in that he doesn't even need a 3 point shot and still kicks Kobe's ass in every way.

Fail.

The other way to look at it is Kobe made 1500 points doing a much more difficult shot. A 3 pointer requires more skill than shots within the arc.

Saying that Jordan scored more points on the inside is pointless because closer is usually easier.

Unless you think hitting the 3 is an easier skill than shooting J's within the arc.

FAIL.

mystargtr34
04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
The other way to look at it is Kobe made 1500 points doing a much more difficult shot. A 3 pointer requires more skill than shots within the arc.

Saying that Jordan scored more points on the inside is pointless because closer is usually easier.

Unless you think hitting the 3 is an easier skill than shooting J's within the arc.

FAIL.

So.... your just re-iterating what we all know... Kobe was a better 3 point shooter than Michael Jordan? If thats all it takes to qualify as being more talented than Jordan..

Reggie Miller > Michael Jordan

Ray Allen > Michael Jordan

Brent Barry > Michael Jordan

Jason Kapono > Michael Jordan

Allanon
04-28-2008, 10:45 PM
So.... your just re-iterating what we all know... Kobe was a better 3 point shooter than Michael Jordan? If thats all it takes to qualify as being more talented than Jordan..

Reggie Miller > Michael Jordan

Ray Allen > Michael Jordan

Brent Barry > Michael Jordan

Jason Kapono > Michael Jordan

No, please read the thread,

lol so because kobe jacks up more 3's at a slightly better percentage

My point is 1,500 points more on 3 pointers is a very nice skill that Kobe has, not just "jacks up some more 3s" like it was nothing special. It's like saying "Oh Jordan just jacked up some fade away jumpers".

robbie380
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
No, please read the thread,

My point is 1,500 points more on 3 pointers is a very nice skill that Kobe has, not just "jacks up some more 3s" like it was nothing special. It's like saying "Oh Jordan just jacked up some fade away jumpers".

good god if the phrase "jacks up 3s" bothers you so much then i will just change it to "shoots more 3s at a marginally better percentage". either way you proved nothing that shows kobe is more "talented" than MJ. all you proved is that he shoots more 3s.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:26 AM
all you proved is that he shoots more 3s.

Ah of course, what was I thinking? Shooting 3s doesn't require any skill.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Didn't Phil say that Kobe was the best all-around player he ever coached?

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 12:52 AM

Yeah, neither does finishing in the paint over three players. Who's better at that again? :wakeup

While we're at it, you might want to look up career playoff PPG. You know, the scoring that really matters, not some, "Look how good I am" 81 point exhibition in a game that didn't mean two shits that year.

Careful, though. You might not like what you find if you actually look at the playoffs.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah, neither does finishing in the paint over three players. Who's better at that again? :wakeup
I don't know, you got any stats for that?

While we're at it, you might want to look up career playoff PPG. You know, the scoring that really matters, not some, "Look how good I am" 81 point exhibition in a game that didn't mean two shits that year.

Careful, though. You might not like what you find if you actually look at the playoffs.

Uhm, please read the thread, I already said that Jordan was better because he is a winner. Post season success = Winner. But again, Kobe's career is not done yet so we don't know what the end result will be in the end. This postseason is a great start (33 ppg on 50% sounds familiar) and he probably has 5 good years left. :sleep

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Didn't Phil say that Kobe was the best all-around player he ever coached?

Yes and so did Tex Winter who claimed Kobe has grasped the triangle better than any player he's ever seen....including the great Jordan. Look if everyone wants to be stat watchers and box score kreskens than you can look no further than Wilt as most of you haven't even seen him play...but the man put up crazy stats..why isn't he included in this discussion. Oh that's right, because you're all full of shit.

spurms
04-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Yes and so did Tex Winter who claimed Kobe has grasped the triangle better than any player he's ever seen....including the great Jordan. Look if everyone wants to be stat watchers and box score kreskens than you can look no further than Wilt as most of you haven't even seen him play...but the man put up crazy stats..why isn't he included in this discussion. Oh that's right, because you're all full of shit.

Phil also said jordan is the best player he ever seen lol, i did like to know when he called kobe the most all rounded player he coached, i am sure he meant it in an elementary way like kobe was young and giving him encouragement, but when he started coaching jordan he was already a complete player, either way 9.8/10 gms or players you ask that have played against both kobe or jordan will tell you jordan is better. :rollin

robbie380
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM

HE MAKES 3'S AT BASICALLY THE SAME PERCENTAGE AS JORDAN! so because kobe centers his game more around the 3 then that means he is more skilled? i didn't know 3 point shooting was the only skill in basketball. wow...can you dig a deeper hole for yourself?

robbie380
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM

i didn't know phil coached wilt :lol

Allanon
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
HE MAKES 3'S AT BASICALLY THE SAME PERCENTAGE AS JORDAN! so because kobe centers his game more around the 3 then that means he is more skilled? i didn't know 3 point shooting was the only skill in basketball. wow...can you dig a deeper hole for yourself?

You are finally admitting now that 3 point shooting is a skill now eh and not "just jacking up 3s" eh? Nice :D

FAIL.

robbie380
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know, you got any stats for that?

Uhm, please read the thread, I already said that Jordan was better because he is a winner. Post season success = Winner. But again, Kobe's career is not done yet so we don't know what the end result will be in the end. This postseason is a great start (33 ppg on 50% sounds familiar) and he probably has 5 good years left. :sleep

wow kobe really ripped apart the amazing denver defense. i think they are almost on par with the spurs. if kobe can do that against the spurs then please rub it in everyone's face on ST because that will be an amazing achievement.

and also kobe is getting ready to be 30. he has played 866 games. his numbers will not get better. that is just how things are with aging players. well not unless he goes roger clemens or barry bonds and loads up on the roids. kobe is an amazing player and will continue to be but he is on the statistical downside of his career. however, kobe's career in his 30's is setting up like jordan's. he has an amazing team around him and could potentially make a great dynasty run with a healthy bynum, gasol, and odom.

robbie380
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
You are finally admitting now that 3 point shooting is a skill now eh and not "just jacking up 3s" eh? Nice :D

FAIL.

i said that earlier in the thread. i never said 3pt shooting wasn't a skill either. you still have proved nothing to show kobe is more talented when he lags jordan in every major statistical category. 34% isn't exactly a sharpshooter from 3pt land either. it is certainly solid but nothing amazing.

good god if the phrase "jacks up 3s" bothers you so much then i will just change it to "shoots more 3s at a marginally better percentage". either way you proved nothing that shows kobe is more "talented" than MJ. all you proved is that he shoots more 3s.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
wow kobe really ripped apart the amazing denver defense. i think they are almost on par with the spurs. if kobe can do that against the spurs then please rub it in everyone's face on ST because that will be an amazing achievement.

and also kobe is getting ready to be 30. he has played 866 games. his numbers will not get better. that is just how things are with aging players. well not unless he goes roger clemens or barry bonds and loads up on the roids. kobe is an amazing player and will continue to be but he is on the statistical downside of his career. however, kobe's career in his 30's is setting up like jordan's. he has an amazing team around him and could potentially make a great dynasty run with a healthy bynum, gasol, and odom.

Most of Jordan's first round opponents were terrible as well.

Kobe's in his prime and will be for another 3 years at least barring any major injury. Kobe's better in this first round than he's ever been so there's still room for improvement even though he's older. 33 poimts per game at 50% when he is 30 years old, that's certainly better then his previous 11 seasons.

stretch
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM

FAIL.

It really doesn't require that much more skill, considering Bruce Bowen is an ace at 3 point shooting, but can't shoot mid-range or freethrows for shit.

And considering everyone know that all Jordan would do was drive and shoot midrange jumpers, and they still couldn't stop him shows how fucking awesome he was, again. He had a more predictable offensive set of skills, yet still completely dwarfs Kobe statistically.

Jordan > Kobe

Fail.

stretch
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM

No, he's not included because he didnt win shit, despite playing in a league of like 12 teams full of midgets.

If Kobe is so much better than Jordan, then why hasn't he done any of the stuff Jordan has done?

Because Jordan > Kobe.

You fail, homer.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
It really doesn't require that much more skill, considering Bruce Bowen is an ace at 3 point shooting, but can't shoot mid-range or freethrows for shit.
There is a reason why 40% is a good perecentage for 3 pointers and very poor when it's a 2 pointer. It requires skill to hit a 3. 2Pointers and Free throws are a different skill set.

Fail.

And considering everyone know that all Jordan would do was drive and shoot midrange jumpers, and they still couldn't stop him shows how fucking awesome he was, again. He had a more predictable offensive set of skills, yet still completely dwarfs Kobe statistically.

Jordan > Kobe

Fail.

Dwarfs Kobe? Kobe's final stats will probably be > Jordan's barring any injury. They are extremely close statistically already...that's why the edge right now is the # of rings Jordan has.

Like I said, many times, right now, Jordan > Kobe. But that has the possibility to change in the next couple of years. We shall see.

Str8Ballin
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Fuck Kobe. He's a dick.

stretch
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Dwarfs Kobe? Kobe's final stats will probably be > Jordan's barring any injury. They are extremely close statistically already...that's why the edge right now is the # of rings Jordan has.

Umm... do you really want me to break their stats down?

Scoring Averages:

Jordan has only had 3 years in his entire career where he averaged less than 26.9 ppg, and 1 of them was the year he broke his leg and only played like 18 games, and the other two are his years in Washington, where he still averaged over 20 ppg.

Kobe didn't average over 20 ppg until his 4th year.

In the 12 years Kobe has played, he averaged over 30 ppg 3 times. Jordan did it 8 times in his first 12 years, including 7 straight, as well as averaging 37 ppg in only his 3rd year, while it took Kobe 7 years to even hit 30.0 ppg.

Jordan averaged over 50% FG shooting 6 times, and had 49.5% twice.

Kobe's best percentage ever was 46.9%.

Jordan averaged more rebounds, assists, steals, and less turnovers through his career than Kobe as well.

I'd say there isn't nearly as much comparison as you say.

Fail.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
The comparison is actually over their careers, not just seasons. Kobe is close in almost every category with many years left.

I didn't say Kobe had BETTER stats, I said he's close :D

And the books not closed yet.

Fail.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Umm... do you really want me to break their stats down?

Scoring Averages:

Jordan has only had 3 years in his entire career where he averaged less than 26.9 ppg, and 1 of them was the year he broke his leg and only played like 18 games, and the other two are his years in Washington, where he still averaged over 20 ppg.

Kobe didn't average over 20 ppg until his 4th year.

In the 12 years Kobe has played, he averaged over 30 ppg 3 times. Jordan did it 8 times in his first 12 years, including 7 straight, as well as averaging 37 ppg in only his 3rd year, while it took Kobe 7 years to even hit 30.0 ppg.

Jordan averaged over 50% FG shooting 6 times, and had 49.5% twice.

Kobe's best percentage ever was 46.9%.

Jordan averaged more rebounds, assists, steals, and less turnovers through his career than Kobe as well.

I'd say there isn't nearly as much comparison as you say.

Fail.

+1

Lakers homers, you suck ass at basketball arguments. Seriously. You have no ground to stand on here. You're basically relying on what Kobe MIGHT do and the fact that he shoots 3 pointers at a barely statistically significant percentage as rationale for why he's equal to or better than Jordan.

Don't you think it's telling that the ONLY people who agree with you are other Lakers fans? Jordan is the best ever. Period. At this point, I would still put Magic ahead of Kobe as well.

But don't worry. This debate will end when LeBron James dwarfs Kobe's numbers in a few years. :lol

The comparison is actually over their careers, not just seasons. Kobe is close in almost every category with many years left.

Fail.

Laker fans use the .8% point differential for stating why Kobe is CLEARLY a better 3 point shooter than Jordan, but the fact that Jordan averages (including the statistically inferior years when Jordan was in Washington), 5.1 PPG, 1 rpg, .7 APG, almost a full steal, more blocks, and LESS turnovers while maintaining a higher scoring percentage, in the day of hand-checking, means that Kobe is "close" to Michael. That is pure hilarity.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
+1

Lakers homers,

I just like to agree with what other haters say, no original post of my own.

This debate will end IF LeBron James dwarfs Kobe's numbers in a few years. :lol

We know.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
We realize that we have no real basis for argument and needing to have the obvious reposted in the most base form understandable to humans, but that doesn't stop us from being complete homers and posting like there are more than 5 people outside of LA that agree with us!

Yup.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Yup.

:sleep

stretch
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
But don't worry. This debate will end when LeBron James dwarfs Kobe's numbers in a few years. :lol

lol, he is already dwarfing him in everything statistically except 3pt% and FT%. especially considering this is only Lebron's 5th year. Kobe's stats over his first 5 years are completely dwarfed by Lebron's stats.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
:sleep

Exactly how 98% of the basketball world feels about the Kobe vs. Jordan comparison.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 11:43 AM
lol, he is already dwarfing him in everything statistically except 3pt% and FT%. especially considering this is only Lebron's 5th year. Kobe's stats over his first 5 years are completely dwarfed by Lebron's stats.

I agree, LeBron has a very good chance of surpassing most stats. The question is will he get his rings to go with them.

If he gets 6 rings, he'll be greater than Jordan and Kobe.

stretch
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
If he gets 6 rings, he'll be greater than Jordan and Kobe.

No shit. Kobe only has 3 rings, and will finish with only 3 rings... that Shaq helped him get.

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey stretch....you're 20 years old dude....did you even see the great MJ play or do you look at stats and read articles.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Stretch....aka INCH WORM is a Kobe Hater. No need to argue with him, we know his bias.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
No shit. Kobe only has 3 rings, and will finish with only 3 rings... that Shaq helped him get.

Really? Wow! You see the future? 3 rings eh?

So look into your crystal ball and tell me how many rings will LeBron end up with?

stretch
04-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Really? Wow! You see the future? 3 rings eh?

So look into your crystal ball and tell me how many rings will LeBron end up with?

More than Kobe, motherfucker.

Lebron > Kobe

Allanon
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
More than Kobe.

The Amazing Stretch, you should make a killing in Vegas with such a rose colored crystal ball :D

FAIL.

stretch
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey stretch....you're 20 years old dude....did you even see the great MJ play or do you look at stats and read articles.

Lame.

Get Kobe's dick out of your mouth, douchebag, and give an actual argument as to why Kobe is more talented than Jordan, aside from the .8% better 3pt percentage. We have all aknowledged that Kobe has more shooting range than Jordan did, although Jordan was also capable of hitting 3's when he needed to. Maybe its you who needs to go back and do your research on Jordan.

And yes, I saw the great MJ play.

Fail.

stretch
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
The Amazing Stretch, you should make a killing in Vegas with such a rose colored crystal ball :D

FAIL.

Lame.

stretch
04-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Stretch....aka INCH WORM is a Kobe Hater. No need to argue with him, we know his bias.

Stealing terrible insults from a lame poster.

Lame.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Lame.

Get Kobe's dick out of your mouth, douchebag, and give an actual argument as to why Kobe is more talented than Jordan, aside from the .8% better 3pt percentage. We have all aknowledged that Kobe has more shooting range than Jordan did, although Jordan was also capable of hitting 3's when he needed to. Maybe its you who needs to go back and do your research on Jordan.

And yes, I saw the great MJ play.

Fail.

Angry morning today eh brah? :D

stretch
04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Angry morning today eh brah? :D

Lame.

robbie380
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Fail.

you said he was more talented. worse stats does not indicate he was more talented.

Kobe24Forever
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
i feel i needed to clear things up because i have been getting alot of hate mails from fellow lakers fans after making that post, i need to clear up a perception that i am not trully a fan, or a bandwagoner, lets put it this way, if i am a bandwagoner, i would have hop on the next wagon to miami, i have stuck with the lakers through thick and thin all the way from the magic days, but is it too much for me to stat the obvious that jordan is a more complete player than kobe? I love kobe, and i want to see him win the next 6 rings to cap off a magnificent career, but at this moment in time kobe have never proven that he could be the player to take over the game and win it all for the lakers, while there's something about jordan that whenever he have the ball in his hands you expect something to happen all the time, and i use to hate jordan so much but watching him and kobe plays it's easy to pick out who is more valuable to his team and who is not, and till kobe has the mindset that he must win games at all cost and instill the same feeling of invincibility and fear like jordan did to his opponent and fans, kobe will never be like mike, but he is still one of the greatest sg of all time without a doubt, i am not a poser and i bleed purple and gold, so stop sending me hate mails for stating an honest and truthful oppinion, there's more ways to be a fan and it doesnt have to begin with homerism.

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
i feel i needed to clear things up because i have been getting alot of hate mails from fellow lakers fans after making that post, i need to clear up a perception that i am not trully a fan, or a bandwagoner, lets put it this way, if i am a bandwagoner, i would have hop on the next wagon to miami, i have stuck with the lakers through thick and thin all the way from the magic days, but is it too much for me to stat the obvious that jordan is a more complete player than kobe? I love kobe, and i want to see him win the next 6 rings to cap off a magnificent career, but at this moment in time kobe have never proven that he could be the player to take over the game and win it all for the lakers, while there's something about jordan that whenever he have the ball in his hands you expect something to happen all the time, and i use to hate jordan so much but watching him and kobe plays it's easy to pick out who is more valuable to his team and who is not, and till kobe has the mindset that he must win games at all cost and instill the same feeling of invincibility and fear like jordan did to his opponent and fans, kobe will never be like mike, but he is still one of the greatest sg of all time without a doubt, i am not a poser and i bleed purple and gold, so stop sending me hate mails for stating an honest and truthful oppinion, there's more ways to be a fan and it doesnt have to begin with homerism.

Hahah, homerism? You stated that Jordan is greater than Kobe AND LeBron COMBINED???!!!??? That'd be crazy for even Stretch to say and he hates Kobe.

You are obviously not a Laker fan with 2 posts so far, the first stating Jordan > Kobe + LeBron and this one saying "I'm not a poser".

Lakers sweep and these are the only 2 posts from a "Laker Fan" who is not a poser. :D

Kobe24Forever
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Hahah, homerism? You stated that Jordan is greater than Kobe and LeBron COMBINED???!!!??? That'd be crazy for even Stretch to say and he hates Kobe.

You are obviously not a Laker fan with 2 posts so far, the first stating Jordan > Kobe + LeBron and this one saying "I'm not a poser".

Lakers sweep and these are the only 2 posts from a "Laker Fan" who is not a poser. :D

That's not true i feel like the lakers are on the verge of something special this year, i stumble upon this forum and i see alot of lakers fan here making very ignorant remarks, obviously havent watch 90's basketball or was too young to, all i am saying is that not all lakers fan are hip hop teenage kids, who knows nothing but lakers basketball, even cleveland fans are classy enough to know not to hype up lebron to jordan level, so all i say is stay classy fellas, chances are that i have watched basketball since before you were born.

robbie380
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
if you can't tell i am really bored at work so i computed Jordan from age 21 to 29 v Kobe from 21 to 29

here you go

Kobe

666 Games played at 39.8 mpg

9.8/21.53 FM/FGA
45.5% FG%

1.4/4.1 3PtM/3PtA
34.1% 3Pt%

7.32/8.7 FTM/FTA
84.3% FT%

5.93 RPG
4.63 DRPG
1.3 ORPG

5.3 APG

1.69 SPG

.59 BPG

3.18 TO/g

28.32 PPG

Jordan

667 Games played at 38.7 MPG

.43/1.43 3ptM/3ptA
30.1% 3pt%

[b]7.64/9.03 FTM/FTA
84.6% FT%

6.33 RPG
4.63 DRPG
1.7 ORPG

5.9 APG

2.72 SPG

1.03 BPG

3.0 TO/g

32.3 PPG

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:42 PM
i see alot of lakers fan here making very ignorant remarks

"MJ > Kobe + Lebron Combined". That's like the kettle calling the pot black.

We'll see how many positive posts you have about the Lakers in the coming weeks fellow Laker Fan. You're batting 0 for 3 so far.

The Franchise
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Sportswriters and Gms compare Kobe to Jordan because they have to sell todays product, but if you had to pick a 29 year old Kobe or Jordan to start a team with 999,999 times out of 1 million the choice would be Jordan.

robbie380
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM

bump:toast

td97
06-18-2008, 03:48 AM
Look at what LeBron did to the Celtics in game 7.. Tried to put his team on his back, and carry those guys to the conference finals. Almost beating the Celtics himself, without half the talent that Kobe has around him, nor a hall of fame coach.

45 points in game 7 on the road.

Kobe goes out like a little punk bitch once again..

Jordan >>> Everyone right now..

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe right now..

And if the championship success comes like it should with a player of LeBron's caliber + his numbers, it will eventually be LeBron >>>>>>> Everyone (including Jordan)

That kid is only going to be 24 years old..:wow

Like Tim told LeBron after the finals: "This is going to be your league real soon"

J.T.
06-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Kobe has a better shot than Michael.

LeBron is better at getting to the rim than Michael.

Michael has watermelon balls, while Kobe and LeBron have acorn sized balls.

/thread

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Look at what LeBron did to the Celtics in game 7.. Tried to put his team on his back, and carry those guys to the conference finals. Almost beating the Celtics himself, without half the talent that Kobe has around him, nor a hall of fame coach.

45 points in game 7 on the road.

Kobe goes out like a little punk bitch once again..

Jordan >>> Everyone right now..

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe right now..

And if the championship success comes like it should with a player of LeBron's caliber + his numbers, it will eventually be LeBron >>>>>>> Everyone (including Jordan)

That kid is only going to be 24 years old..:wow

Like Tim told LeBron after the finals: "This is going to be your league real soon"

Lebron still has the potential to make a name of his own without Jordan's shadow, since Lebron's got a unique game of his own, and unique talent.

Kobe on the other hand 7 -22 FG 1Assist 3 Rebounds, gets his blown out 39 points in an elimination game as the leader of a talented squad....It's all downhill from here. :lol

KidCongo
06-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Who had the better series vs Boston?

Kobe or LeBron

DazedAndConfused
06-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Didn't Lebron shoot like 19% from the field those first two games? Kobe would be crucified if he ever did that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Celtics had the luxury of guarding Lebron doing 5 on 1 with a horrible offensive Coach.

What's Kobe's excuse for his 30-40 percent games? He got single coverage most of the time more than Lebron did.

Lebron + pile of puke forces a game 7, nearly outdueling Paul Pierce matching his offense with 40 + points.

Kobe + 1 time All Star + Odom + deep youthful bench/shooters + MACHINE = two humiliating losses and two eked out wins with help of home cooking.

m33p0
06-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Who had the better series vs Boston?

Kobe or LeBron
you wouldn't be asking this question unless you know the answer. :lol

bronbron laid out everything on the floor in his series against the Cs. and because of that, he won't be crucified.