PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola - getting called for a foul

DaDakota
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
This was called a foul on Scola.

http://images.chron.com/photos/2008/04/26/11038726/311xInlineGallery.jpg

This is how the series is being called....it is ugly ball to the extreme.

Combine Houston's slow it down pace with the Jazz grabbing and fouling tactics and this is one ugly series.

I wish the NBA would clean it up, and stop all the grabbing, flopping and holding, it is horrible to watch.

DD

SAGambler
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, his hair is obviously fouling Boozer, and I think the ball is fouling Okur.

I knew Jazz would get by with muggings in Utah. No surprises there.

sribb43
04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
thats Utah Jazz basketball at its finest

AZLouis
04-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Kind of like that call on Amare yesterday when TP hit Amare in the face with a ball.

LOL. It happens.

Cry Havoc
04-28-2008, 09:55 AM

Combine Houston's slow it down pace with the Jazz grabbing and fouling tactics and this is one ugly series.

I wish the NBA would clean it up, and stop all the grabbing, flopping and holding, it is horrible to watch.

DD

And the NBA wonders why people don't watch when that is considered and offensive foul, and then touch fouls are called on the other end. Sad.

Kind of like that call on Amare yesterday when TP hit Amare in the face with a ball.

LOL. It happens.

Really? He was in the restricted area directly underneath the hoop and they made body contact. What is so hard to understand about that?

AZLouis
04-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Kinda hard to understand when TP initiated the contact and drove into Amare and then the ball ended up hitting Amare in the head resulting in an Amare foul.

Even the analysts called out the bad call.

dougp
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Kinda hard to understand when TP initiated the contact and drove into Amare and then the ball ended up hitting Amare in the head resulting in an Amare foul.

Even the analysts called out the bad call.

I don't see you complaining about the bad calls the analysts kept pointing out that weren't being called by the Refs when the Spurs were getting hacked in the post.

Girasuck
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM

DD

Man...you sure get around with that photo don't you. Since you mentioned that the Jazz were the only team grabbing and fouling, I thought I'd quote you from another site I visit.

"Call it on both teams, just call it."

"I wish the refs would call the fouls as they are happening...on both sides."

You're crazy if you think Houston isn't doing the same thing. Plus Scola did commit a foul on that play but so convenient for you and that picture you're parading around the internet, the foul happened before that pic was taken. You forget to mention that though.

armand0
04-28-2008, 12:11 PM

DD

**ssy :lol

MrChug
04-28-2008, 12:34 PM
No video clip to prove that was the the entire play. Until the video you do (or probably DON'T) produce proves conclusively that this was a horrible call...

...no, well-hell you're STILL a whiner.

DaDakota
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
The point is that the refs suck.

Utah averages more fouls per game than any team in the NBA, but some how, they are down 2 fouls a game in this series.

And Houston is up 3 fouls a game on average.

I hate the grabby, holding flopping crappy games the Jazz and Rockets are playing...it is ugly ball.

I would like the refs to call it on both teams...yes.

And, Scola was HAMMERED on that play, and he got called for the foul......simply horrid call.

DD

Str8Ballin
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the NBA, Luis.

m33p0
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Sorry, but that is a clear foul on Scola. See his head get in the way of Boozer's elbow? Oughto have been a double-foul on Scola, too coz his chest got in the way of Okur's forearm.

DaDakota
04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry, but that is a clear foul on Scola. See his head get in the way of Boozer's elbow? Oughto have been a double-foul on Scola, too coz his chest got in the way of Okur's forearm.

Man, you are right, how could Scola do that to two upstanding non fouling players like Boozer and Okur?

I mean honestly...those guys never foul...

Just because the Jazz are the team that fouls the most in the entire league doesn't mean that they do it in the playoffs, right?

Their fouling less in the playoffs....some how.

DD

GuerillaBlack
04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Remember that one foul, when Scola was grabbing the ball from off the ground? Pretty pathetic.

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
It looks like Scola got jumped lmao

Jason_Terry
04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Don't forget the AK flop after Bobby Jackson made a 3 in game 2 that would have tied up the game.

All I can say is GO LAKERS!!! next series. Somebody should seriously place a few "accidental" elbows and forearms to a few of the Jass players at the end of the 4th if Houston is clearly gonna lose in game 5.

A well placed elbow to the face (come on Mutombo, I know you still have it in you), or close line would be fitting for these fucking douchbags.

bobbyjoe
04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Watching the series, it's pretty amazing what Boozer is allowed to get away with.

The guy blatantly shoves in the back on basically every rebound attempt.

Hell, he knocked out Landry's tooth and no foul was called even with a blatant and viscuous elbow.

Bring it on to LA boozer so Lamar and Pau can take turns rejecting and harassing you in the post and exposing you for the overrated backstabber you are...

DaDakota
04-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Watching the series, it's pretty amazing what Boozer is allowed to get away with.

The guy blatantly shoves in the back on basically every rebound attempt.

Hell, he knocked out Landry's tooth and no foul was called even with a blatant and viscuous elbow.

Bring it on to LA boozer so Lamar and Pau can take turns rejecting and harassing you in the post and exposing you for the overrated backstabber you are...

No doubt about it, Boozer pushes and is very physical...I wish the Refs would call it, this type of basketball is ruining the sport, and I thought new rules were in place to stop it.

I guess they never got the memo in this series.

DD

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I wished the refs were consistent. Thats all I think any fan wants. A block is a block no matter what arena it happens in. How can a player be called for an offensive foul in San Antonio yet the same play is called a blocking foul in Phoenix?

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
No doubt about it, Boozer pushes and is very physical...I wish the Refs would call it, this type of basketball is ruining the sport, and I thought new rules were in place to stop it.

I guess they never got the memo in this series.

DD

For some reasons those rules don't apply in Utah.