04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
gs showed everyone they could beat dallas
dallas did not match up well at all against gs

hawks did not show the world they could beat boston

what hawks are doing is more amazing

good point.

TampaDude
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Next to the Spurs repeating in 2008, nothing would fill me with more joy than to see the Celtics get bounced by the Hawks...I swear I would buy a Hawks jersey if that happened...

E20
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Outside of the Ray, Pierce and KG, the rest of the Celtics suck.

TampaDude
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Outside of the Ray, Pierce and KG, the rest of the Celtics suck.

The Celtics' "Big Three" scored something like 6 points in the 4th quarter... :lol

Str8Ballin
04-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Do the Hawks have what it takes to win one in Boston?

ducks
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
if boston is pressing yes

JoeTait75
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Different situation. G-State controlled that series right from the start. Atlanta still has to show it can compete, let alone win, in Boston. If the C's close out this series in six and go on to the Finals this will barely register a blip.

lrrr
04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
C's played the whole season like it was the playoffs ALA all Kevin Garnett teams. Come money time, there is no extra level. When you have a big three that is all over 30, that will catch up with you.

Funny how the media overlooks this fact, but continually harps on the age of the Spurs

td4mvp21
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
No. The Celtics are human. They'll win Games 5 and 6. I think they were shocked at the level of play and the intensity the Hawks showed in Games 3 and 4. My guess is that they thought the Hawks would just roll over and die.

Str8Ballin
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
The Celtics' "Big Three" scored something like 6 points in the 4th quarter... :lol

the Celtics big 3 have a history of struggling in the Playoffs as well.

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
No. The Celtics are human. They'll win Games 5 and 6. I think they were shocked at the level of play and the intensity the Hawks showed in Games 3 and 4. My guess is that they thought the Hawks would just roll over and die.

I agree and in the end all the Hawks did was hold serve at home. Now Boston needs to get their shit together and win the next 2 games. They don't want the Hawks to push them to 7 games while LeBron possibly is home resting.

Strike
04-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree and in the end all the Hawks did was hold serve at home. Now Boston needs to get their shit together and win the next 2 games. They don't want the Hawks to push them to 7 games while LeBron possibly is home resting.

Did you see the look of deflation on Paul Pierce's grill?

Maybe not completely, but the Hawks are in the Celtic's heads right now.

I see no reason why Atlanta couldn't snag one game in Boston right now. Their confidence has to be through the roof.

remingtonbo2001
04-28-2008, 10:27 PM

:tu My sentiments exactly.

As much as I'd like to see the Hawks pull the upset, I'd imagine the Celtics come prepared for Game 5.

TampaDude
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM

I see no reason why Atlanta couldn't snag one game in Boston right now. Their confidence has to be through the roof.

Yup...if the Hawks win Game 5 in Boston, they will win the series. NFW the Celtics will win Game 6 in ATL after that. Book it.

kingsfan
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Hawks can do this, I believe! :toast

Elraptor
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Hmm they are a similiar team come to think of it.

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM

I think thats more them blowing a 10 point lead. I just don't see them winning up there. Granted the Hawks are playing with confidence but no. This is still a young team going into what will be a energized arena on Wednesday. If they keep it close maybe but they can't fall down 10-15 in the first period.

Strike
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Hawks pull the upset, I'd imagine the Celtics come prepared for Game 5.

I'm sure the Celtics came prepared to not have to play more than 5 games against the Hawks. Look how that turned out.

After Denver upset Seattle back in the 90's, New York made the Finals as an 8 seed in '99, and GS owning Dallas last year, teams like Atlanta now know that it's not only not impossible to topple the #1 seed, but that if you play your balls off, anything can happen.

The Hawks have the advantage right now. They just beat the big, bad Celtics 2 straight games when no one, not even most of their fans, game them a altar boy's chance in the rectory.

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 10:33 PM

I would hope they come prepared. They don't want to head back to Atlanta down 2-3 and have to play the Hawks at thier gym.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM
the bottom line is the intimidation these hawks put on them - they never backed down and there were some times it was just ridiculous. When KG was hitting the FTs and he missed one he was talking trash to JJ and him to KG - then in the following boston attack JJ blocked KG - so there was a lot of trash talking.

The funny point of the game was right after the Zazagate when E.T. tried to go on JJ's face and got T'd. He needs to take the next ship to the moon and get a clue and shut up.

td4mvp21
04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't know but if the Celtics go down in the first round it might even be more of a joke than Dallas last year. A 66-16 team, with three superstars, with possibly the best role players in the league, with the deepest team in the league, going down to a team that only won 37 games?

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Its too early to start saying this but I believe in my Hawks however.

Strike
04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Its too early to start saying this but I believe in my Hawks however.

They have a shot. A LONG shot, but a shot nonetheless.

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
They have a shot. A LONG shot, but a shot nonetheless.

:toast

SpursFanFirst
04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
I have to admit, I did NOT see this one coming! :dizzy
I thought this series would be nothing more than a scrimmage for Boston - not because Boston is so outstanding, but because the Hawks had, what, 35 wins all season? That's just pitiful.
So yeah, I'm shocked!
But, way to go, Hawks! :clap

DazedAndConfused
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
As much as I loved what I saw from Atlanta, you gotta think those shots probably won't be falling in BOS. They are gonna need an even bigger miracle in Game 5 if they are going to pull this out.

Strike
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
As much as I loved what I saw from Atlanta, you gotta think those shots probably won't be falling in BOS. They are gonna need an even bigger miracle in Game 5 if they are going to pull this out.

Agreed. But wouldn't just be an epic thing to witness?

BUMP
04-28-2008, 11:07 PM
this would let Dallas off the hook IMO.
GS went 3-0 vs DAL in the regular season. i dont know how the Hawks did against Boston but im sure they got swept. sure Dallas had one more win but this team is built for a much deeper run than Dallas was.

plus GS, was playing out of this world basketball near the end of the season. it seemed as if they were beating everyone by 25+ except for the Spurs

boutons_
04-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Warriors started 2-0 @Dallas.

Get back to us when the Hawks win a game in Boston.

BUMP
04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Warriors started 2-0 @Dallas.

Get back to us when the Hawks win a game in Boston.

1-1

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I love the way we are playing the Celtics right now, all year most teams looked like they wanted none of them and the Celtics acted like world beaters when they were pounding us in the reg season and now the tables have been turned. We have to play as hard as we did tonight once again in the next upcoming games

boutons_
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
When 2 players score your last 34 points,
it's not a good sign.

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 11:12 PM

I tend to agree with you. On the road young teams tend to struggle and when thier shots are not falling you got to wonder how they will react. Plus they won't be getting 37 free throws in Boston. Thats just a big disparity. I know they were more aggressive but come on. Give credit to Atlanta they hit some contested shots. The one thing is you can't have Johnson score 20 in one quarter and give up second chance points.

Brutalis
04-28-2008, 11:14 PM
This isn't so much of Boston thinking Atlanta is just playing hard and they were shocked bullshit..

The Hawks are young, athletic and giving 110% right now and if they keep it up who knows who comes out of this series, seriously.

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
This isn't so much of Boston thinking Atlanta is just playing hard and they were shocked bullshit..

The Hawks are young, athletic and giving 110% right now and if they keep it up who knows who comes out of this series, seriously.

:toast

JoeTait75
04-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Most interesting thing will be how Boston responds if Game Five stays close. Their cakewalk is over. Atlanta can match up with anyone athletically and emotionally they're playing with house money right now. This could either be the worst or best thing that happens to the Celtics this entire postseason. They need challenged.

Popo>Phil
04-28-2008, 11:19 PM
huh, You mean they will trade Rondo for Kidd next year? :lol

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Most interesting thing will be how Boston responds if Game Five stays close. Their cakewalk is over. Atlanta can match up with anyone athletically and emotionally they're playing with house money right now. This could either be the worst or best thing that happens to the Celtics this entire postseason. They need challenged.

The Celts will win this series but this is good for them. When they play teams like Cleveland,Magic or Detroit those will be tight series. Granted the Hawks have no business being in this series but hey is the NBA. Philly has no business hanging with Detroit either.

JoeTait75
04-28-2008, 11:23 PM
The Celts will win this series but this is good for them. When they play teams like Cleveland,Magic or Detroit those will be tight series. Granted the Hawks have no business being in this series but hey is the NBA. Philly has no business hanging with Detroit either.

I tend to agree... but I also think it's easy to underestimate the Hawks and Sixers. Both of those teams are too young, too athletic, and too hungry to roll over for anyone.

kingsfan
04-28-2008, 11:28 PM
When you haven't made the POs in 9 years it makes you very hungry to win :hungry:

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 11:29 PM
I tend to agree... but I also think it's easy to underestimate the Hawks and Sixers. Both of those teams are too young, too athletic, and too hungry to roll over for anyone.

Yeah I agree that both teams may have understimated the Sixers and Hawks. With Detroit is par for the course they tend to take games off. With Boston I am a bit surprised the series is tied after they rolled in the first 2 games. Both teams I know is a cliche but they need to match that energy and urgency that the other teams show. Boston actually played well enough to win but Joe Johnson got away from them. Next time you might take the ball out of his hands.

td4mvp3
04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
i'm surprised no one's mentioned the huge lead the celtics started out with and lost and then the 10 point lead to start the fourth that they gave up. more than even the win, those two facts surprised me. i would have figured that once the celtics went up so much, the younger team would have been stifled and at the very least, the celtics would relax and let the shots continue to drain.

Fillmoe
04-29-2008, 12:40 AM
im definitely pulling for the hawks...

Ninja-Defense
04-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, if anything I think the Cavs (when they beat the Wiz) now have a great chance of upsetting the Celtics in the 2nd round.

If Joe Johnson (who's a stud BTW) can drop 35 on the "best defensive team in the league" then what will Bron Bron drop on them?

m33p0
04-29-2008, 01:21 AM
its starting to smell that way. :tu

ancestron
04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
It was awesome to see Joe Johnson take over like he did in the fourth.

lurker
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
When 2 players score your last 34 points,
it's not a good sign.
With the way those two were shooting, it would've been stupid for anyone else to start taking shots.

ratm1221
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Everyone shits on Boston. First the Giants, now the Hawks. Too bad it's not the Knicks. The two biggest upsets in sports history could take place in the same year, and in the same city. Sweet.