PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets to Miss 2009 Playoffs

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Karl's job secure with Nuggets
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
04/27/2008

There is much frustration regarding the Nuggets, down 0-3 to the Lakers, and on the verge of losing their fifth straight first-round playoff series. But coach George Karl's job is secure as it has always been, a source said. Karl did lead the team to 50 wins this season, and did so in the power-packed Western Conference, where only seven games separated the No. 1 Lakers and the No. 8 Nuggets.

After Denver's film session on Sunday, Karl was asked about his job security, and conversations with the team brass. "There's never been any question of what you all have been talked about. Never. ... I've always had positive indications. You're with an organization four or five years, people are going to write (certain things). That's the nature of the beast today."

Karl has two years left on his contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9075948

Findog
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Mavs will also miss the playoffs, whether they bring back the same team or blow it up and rebuild.

ducks
04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
actually if they leave it I think they will be better
kidd needs a full training camp to gain trust with their coaches

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a feeling they will do something to drastically change the team (Melo or AI trade), and another year of Karl's shenanigans guarantees an 09 lottery pick.

lrrr
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
actually if they leave it I think they will be better
kidd needs a full training camp to gain trust with their coaches

Kidd needs a pair of bionic legs. The only PG competition in the east was Billups.

Now he has a whole season of TP, CP3, Deron Williams and Nash to look forward to.

DazedAndConfused
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
It's not all Karl's fault. The players need to share some of the blame as well. It's just a bad fit all the way around.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
It's not all Karl's fault. The players need to share some of the blame as well. It's just a bad fit all the way around.

I agree no one is pulling their dead weight now - it's just pitiful watching them play. I can save JR Smith out of the bulk and be a little fair with AI who's desperately looking for a ring.

newsflash: AI for PG back up position with the spurs in 2010.