PDA

View Full Version : When's this guy gonna show up??

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2008, 12:04 AM
jtwyGpkQ5Z8

freemeat
04-29-2008, 12:08 AM
He's playing cards at my place right now...when were you expecting him?

TDfan2007
04-29-2008, 12:46 AM
jtwyGpkQ5Z8

he doesn't have to. Tony and Tim (except for game 3) are no longer playing with their heads up their asses ala the regular season.

No need to get bailed out by Manu. Plus, he's in no shape to do that as of now. Groin injuries are a bitch, not to mention that ankle of his.

Tim and Tony need to play like Tim and Tony, then game 5 is ours. A little defense would help too ;)

inconvertible
04-29-2008, 01:49 AM
he's got a bum ankle.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
He's banged up, but he's done just fine in this series. Finished game 1 in 2nd OT with 8 straight points on drives, had 29 in game 2 and kept us in it in the first half with 15 when the team was dead to rights.

Give the guy a break!

PS Nice youtube, BTW. :)

urunobili
04-29-2008, 02:47 AM
this thread smells like " i am jealous tony had a career high game and Manu should be taking more love"... :stirpot:

Emanuel20
04-29-2008, 06:49 AM
he is hurting with all the injuries manu has sustained.....it's just said because all season long he has carried and now ...Hopefully his injuries heal or he just lea4rns to play through them.

Oh may be we should start him so that we don't get in a hole by the mid of 1st quarter

spursfan09
04-29-2008, 07:01 AM
he has shown up. Just been overshadowed by a couple of 40 pt games by TD and TP. I seem to remember a game winning shot by him in the first game.

Ginofan
04-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Shoot, he's averaging 20 ppg, 4 rbs, and 2.5 assists what more does he need to do to prove himself? Jeez Louise.

GSH
04-29-2008, 08:01 AM
In the first 3 games of this series, Manu had 24, 29, and 20. It seems a little harsh to be asking when he is going to show up.

That being said, I think Manu is hurting worse than they are letting on.
You know he's taped up, and there are times where I've noticed a hitch in his stride. As long as the Spurs have decent spacing, he's still been able to take it to the rim and finish.

Where I think you really notice it is on his jump shots. I've noticed that a lot of them are coming off extremely flat, and without that beautiful rotation he usually has. It's no secret that his jumpers haven't been falling lately. It could be just a mini-slump, but I don't think so. I think its about him not having his legs under him.

I know he made seven 3's in games 2&3. But on at least four of those, he had all day to set up, and he got a lot more air under them. But pretty much all the other ones he shot were painfully flat. I just don't think he would alter his stroke that much for any other reason.

some_user86
04-29-2008, 08:08 AM
In the first 3 games of this series, Manu had 24, 29, and 20. It seems a little harsh to be asking when he is going to show up.

That being said, I think Manu is hurting worse than they are letting on.
You know he's taped up, and there are times where I've noticed a hitch in his stride. As long as the Spurs have decent spacing, he's still been able to take it to the rim and finish.

Where I think you really notice it is on his jump shots. I've noticed that a lot of them are coming off extremely flat, and without that beautiful rotation he usually has. It's no secret that his jumpers haven't been falling lately. It could be just a mini-slump, but I don't think so. I think its about him not having his legs under him.

I know he made seven 3's in games 2&3. But on at least four of those, he had all day to set up, and he got a lot more air under them. But pretty much all the other ones he shot were painfully flat. I just don't think he would alter his stroke that much for any other reason.

What games were you watching? He went 7 of 12 from the 3 pt line in Games 2 and 3 combined. Game 4 he didn't attempt any 3 pts, but all of the big three had a sucky game and, frankly, the game was over by the time he entered. Contrary to what we saw in Game 1, it appears Manu's jumpshot is ok.

Sausage
04-29-2008, 08:27 AM
A banged up Manu is better than no Manu. The guy is amazing.

Ariel
04-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree with most here that Manu didn't seem 100%. Still, it's hard to say he's missing when of all the Spurs big 3 he's had on him the most difficult Suns defender by far, yet he's putting up 20.8 points (50% FG, 39% 3P, 89% FT) 4 RPG & 2.5 APG while managing to make the winning layup in game 1, keeping the Spurs in the game in game 2 by scoring 15 pts in 5 minutes, being very efficient in game 3 and putting up not so bad numbers in game 4. So he can do better, but let's not overreact either.

GSH
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
What games were you watching? He went 7 of 12 from the 3 pt line in Games 2 and 3 combined. Game 4 he didn't attempt any 3 pts, but all of the big three had a sucky game and, frankly, the game was over by the time he entered. Contrary to what we saw in Game 1, it appears Manu's jumpshot is ok.

What games were YOU watching? Take a minute to review what I wrote. I didn't say Manu sucks, I said I think he is playing hurt. And his jump shots, especially the longer ones, are flatter than I ever remember as a result.

You conveniently left out the fact that Manu was 10-24 in the first game, and 0-6 from the 3-point line. And if you think his jumper is OK, you might want to look at where he got most of his points in this series. Or consider why he didn't take any 3-point attempts in the last game.

Late in games, when players' legs get tired, their shots tend to start flattening out, and they will short-arm a lot more mid-range shots and free throws. It comes from not having their legs in the shot. The same thing can happen when a player has an injured leg.

Yes, he knocked down seven 3-pointers in Games 2&3. But if you watch the video, at least four of those makes had a lot more air under them - like Manu normally shoots them. That's because he had a lot of time to gather himself and step into them. The rest, including the ones he missed, were very, very flat. Since it's not his normal stroke, the first thing you think of is legs.

No, his jump shot is not OK. And it didn't start in the playoffs, either. In the last 5 games of the regular season, his 3-point shooting went: 0-0, 0-4, 0-2, 0-2, 1-3. And he had 2 games in there where he went 3-12 and 2-10 from the floor. He's playing hurt. He can still put up points, because he can get to the rim and the free-throw line. But no... his jumper is not OK.

And yes... even injured he is a badass.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
He's saving his energy for FINALS MVP.

nkdlunch
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
he's saving himself for the Olympics

remingtonbo2001
04-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Tonight.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
He's showing up tonight.

ancestron
04-29-2008, 11:09 AM
he's saving himself for the Olympics

:lol

BonnerDynasty
04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
He's saving his energy for FINALS MVP.

Sorry, but that is already reserved for a certain red-headed fellow.

ancestron
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
hey why is Bonner in a suit the last couple games