PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration Day Security Fails To Stop Known Party Crasher

Nbadan
01-21-2005, 01:05 AM
WASHINGTON - U.S. Capitol Police on Thursday arrested the man who sneaked into George W. Bush's first inauguration and was photographed shaking his hand.

Hours before Bush took the oath of office for a second time, Richard Weaver was taken into custody on the Capitol's west front on an outstanding warrant, police spokesman Michael Lauer said.

The warrant involved the 2001 inauguration, when Weaver was photographed shaking Bush's hand and slipping him a coin and a note. Weaver pulled a similar stunt in 1997 at President Clinton (news - web sites)'s swearing-in.

Police arrested five people for protesting during Bush's inaugural speech, Lauer said. He had no additional information.

Yahoo News (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050120/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inaugural_arrests)

This guy's usual modus operandi is to show up to inaugurations dressed as a priest. He gets through security with a note written by God that is supposed to advise the incoming President to be good.

Strange? Yes, but at least now we know how W communicates with the almighty.

Hook Dem
01-21-2005, 10:42 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Thats a real knee slapper Dan!

Spurminator
01-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Inauguration Day Security Fails To Stop Known Party Crasher

Unless you're talking about the 2001 and 1997 Inaugurations, I'm not sure how your title is relevant to the article you posted.

Useruser666
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Unless you're talking about the 2001 and 1997 Inaugurations, I'm not sure how your title is relevant to the article you posted.

Hours before Bush took the oath of office for a second time, Richard Weaver was taken into custody on the Capitol's west front on an outstanding warrant, police spokesman Michael Lauer said.

Spurminator
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Right. Seems to me that would indicate they succeeded in stopping him.

Clandestino
01-21-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah, no shit... nba you're a dumbass... i just saw this on the news... he was spotted by security and immediately arrested.. nice job... i don't know how they noticed one guy!

Yonivore
01-21-2005, 02:54 PM
nice job... i don't know how they noticed one guy!
Oh, don't get him started on his other tin-hat theories on Big Brother...

Clandestino
01-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Oh, don't get him started on his other tin-hat theories on Big Brother...

haha!

JoeChalupa
01-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Where's Al Franken with a good taken down when you need him?

Nbadan
01-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Hours before Bush took the oath of office for a second time, Richard Weaver was taken into custody on the Capitol's west front on an outstanding warrant, police spokesman Michael Lauer said

Gimme a break! The guy was on the West Lawn! How many layers of security had he already bypassed to get to where he was? 2? 3? You would think that every officer in the place had this guys mug ingrained into his retinas. Hell, he only crashed the last 2 maybe 3 inaugurals.