PDA

View Full Version : Floppers make ESPN headlines.

Princess Pimp
04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Please welcome the newest Flopper to the San Antonio Spurs:

Kurt Thomas, Game 1, San Antonio vs. Phoenix, 12.6 seconds left in overtime: Sure, Thomas is savvy, crafty and clever, but there's no valor in a big man dropping to the floor. Amare Stoudemire is intimidating and nearly uncheckable, but he shouldn't be hit with a charging call whenever he makes any type of forceful contact. Thomas fell like a frantic chick in a horror flick. (Thespian scale: Jennifer Love Hewitt in "I Know What You Did Last Summer")

Shaq, the greatest victim of flopping in league history, summed it up best when quoted in the Arizona Republic as saying: "All they got to do is flop. It's frustrating that the referees don't allow two guys to fight. It's supposed to be two guys fighting, and one guy's out there flopping. A lot of times, I didn't do anything. But [expletive], I guess all you got to do is just walk next to me and fall."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=thomas/080428

m33p0
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM
bitch is right, pimple.

CubanSucks
04-29-2008, 01:37 AM

Kurt Thomas, Game 1, San Antonio vs. Phoenix, 12.6 seconds left in overtime: Sure, Thomas is savvy, crafty and clever, but there's no valor in a big man dropping to the floor. Amare Stoudemire is intimidating and nearly uncheckable, but he shouldn't be hit with a charging call whenever he makes any type of forceful contact. Thomas fell like a frantic chick in a horror flick. (Thespian scale: Jennifer Love Hewitt in "I Know What You Did Last Summer")

Shaq, the greatest victim of flopping in league history, summed it up best when quoted in the Arizona Republic as saying: "All they got to do is flop. It's frustrating that the referees don't allow two guys to fight. It's supposed to be two guys fighting, and one guy's out there flopping. A lot of times, I didn't do anything. But [expletive], I guess all you got to do is just walk next to me and fall."

http://www.thermocaster.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/shut-the-fuck-up.jpeg

Mister Sinister
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Further exposure to Princess Pimp's stupidity would, in the words of Baron Andreas von Strucker, demean me on a cellular level. Despite this, I will continue to read its posts and chortle at its stupidity.

freemeat
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
You'd be singing a different story if anyone on the Suns actually got in front of a player on defense on a regular basis...

DAF86
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Somebody please tell Shaq that is 'bout 10 guys playing basketball.

...No wonder he commits so many offensive fouls.

GSH
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
You'd be singing a different story if anyone on the Suns actually got in front of a player on defense on a regular basis...

Heh...yeah. It's kinda pointless to flop when Tony Parker runs around your fat ass and you never get within 3 feet of him. The Suns are doing all the complaining, and yet they made a couple of the lamest flop attempts ever on Sunday. Maybe that's the problem. They hate the flop because they aren't good at it.

But isn't it still cowardly when they attempt it? I'd love to hear a commentator ask Shaq that question.

pawe
04-29-2008, 02:58 AM

FABULOUS! New Orbit raspberry mint cleans another dirty mouth, For a good clean feeling, no matter what

SAGambler
04-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Wonder if shit for brains would say the same thing if he was 3 inches shorter and weighed 100 lbs less? Bet if he wasn't the size of a gorilla, he wouldn't be so quick to want to "fight it out".

leemajors
04-29-2008, 08:39 AM
he flopped, but it was still an easy charge call.

GSH
04-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Wonder if shit for brains would say the same thing if he was 3 inches shorter and weighed 100 lbs less? Bet if he wasn't the size of a gorilla, he wouldn't be so quick to want to "fight it out".

If Shaq really wanted to fight so much, he would be playing in the NFL where the rules allow for it. But he bitches constantly about people defending him hard.

It's like that old comedy routine about the Revolutionary War, where one side had to wear red jackets and walk single-file through the forest, while the other side got to wear camoflage colors and hide between rocks and trees. Shaq doesn't want a fight, he wants a mis-match.

The NBA rules say that an offensive player is not allowed to dislodge a defender who is in position. If they enforced that rule in the low post, Shaq's ass would draw a foul every time he catches the ball outside the paint.

jmard5
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Phoenix Suns will dominate this series sweeping the Spursies 4-0
If the Suns win Game 1 this will be a sweep!
You will get embarrassed in front of a worldwide audience."
- Princess Pimp

MoSpur
04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Princess Pimp is back. How funny one win will bring this clown back.

ancestron
04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Kill yourself

vander
04-29-2008, 09:32 AM
the more I see of raja bell, the more I think he's the leagues worst flopper and the leagues dirtiest player. when he flops, it's never after getting good position before a collision or after being actually touched by anyone, no he just flops whenever he thinks he has an opportunity to fool the refs, or whenever he is about to fail at something. he has no conscience, and he he is bad for the product of basketball.

George Gervin's Afro
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM

:sleep

GSH
04-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I remember watching Sam Cassell in his rookie season, playing against the Lakers. Late in the 4th quarter, one of the Lakers vets sucked Cassell into position and flopped on him. Cassell just stood there for a few seconds after the whistle, like he couldn't figure out what had just happened to him.

The next game, Cassell did the exact same thing to that same Laker player. And he got up off the floor with that big-assed alien grin on his face and looked at him like, "I learn quick, huh?" It was one of my favorite moments of the playoffs that year.

Forget about the flop being "bad for the game". It's part of the game. To be really good at it, you have to use your head and your feet pretty well. There are a few artistes. And if you think about it, most of them have very high basketball IQ's. Usually when a player makes a successful flop, it's because he anticipated, and put himself in a position where it would work. And guys like Horry don't do it all the time. He usually saves it for a time when it will make a difference in the momentum of the game.

And for those proposing a rule change... how are you going to call a foul on a player (the flopper) for NOT making contact with anyone? And if there is some contact, how do you propose they regulate exactly how much force it takes to push a player backwards in different situations? If they actually tried to enforce that, you wouldn't like what it would do to the game.

Relax and enjoy the show. And laugh at them when they make those lame attempts.

cash459
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
wheres that vidoe of that fat bastard shaq doing the EXACT same thing in game 1 (i think) and flopping. if ANYONE shouldnt be flopping, its his fat ass.

Besides, him doing it is more like a THUD! theres no grace in that, just gravity

what you got on that PrincessPunk!?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
It was clear the Spurs won game 3 by flopping.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Every team flops. The Spurs flopping just gets more attention because they keep getting :lobt:'s

cash459
04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
lookie what i found........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4ZD6GiwxA

:lol :lmao :ihit :nope

GSH
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
lookie what i found........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4ZD6GiwxA

:lol :lmao :ihit :nope

Thanks for posting that. I looked for it the next day, but didn't find it. Priceless.

There it is, the reason Shaq hates the flop. He sucks at it!

cash459
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for posting that. I looked for it the next day, but didn't find it. Priceless.

There it is, the reason Shaq hates the flop. He sucks at it!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

vander
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
xNN9ZiH38fs

SAGambler
04-29-2008, 10:52 AM
xNN9ZiH38fs

After that one, the one with Snaq, and the one where Nash tried to flop into an offensive foul at the end of game 2, and no one in Phoenix should be talking any shit about flops.

LilMissSPURfect
04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
spurs r called out coz they don't retaliate to that nonsense...so its easy to point fingers this way......there are just as many floppers on the other side of the ball .....

Kermit
04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
GRILLED LONDON BROIL

1 london broil, 2-4 lbs trimmed
1 bottle red wine
ground black pepper
meat tenderizer

For a lean steak entree, take one London Broil that has been trimmed of excess fat. Place meat in a glass/Pyrex cooking dish, deep enough to accommodate meat and marinade and poke liberally with a dinner fork or score with a sharp knife. Pour enough red wine over meat to cover it, place a towel or cheese cloth over and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, (the longer the better).
Remove meat from marinade, discarding liquid, season with ground black pepper and tenderizer and place on grill until done to your liking. One London Broil will usually serve up to four people. Serve over rice or with grilled/baked potatoes and salad.

Total preparation time, approximately 10-15 minutes, cooking time is approximately 15-25 minutes depending upon thickness of cut, degree to which you like it cooked and the temperature of your grill.

Also works well in an oven heated to 450°F and wrapped in aluminum foil.

Submitted by: C. Bryant