PDA

View Full Version : Referees: J. Crawford, D. Stafford, G. Willard

some_user86
04-29-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't know if this has already been posted yet, but I think we finally drew Joey:

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Tigole Bitties
04-29-2008, 06:17 AM
damnit... we got the wrong Crawford

timvp
04-29-2008, 06:22 AM
WTF? The basketball gods must have a sense of humor.

hsxvvd
04-29-2008, 06:31 AM
What a load of crap... you have got to be joking... this is laughable.

Prediction. Crawford gets his final revenge and TD sits with foul trouble most of the game or even worse is ejected in the 3rd for some bullshit reason.

After the game Stern finally cans Crawford for good.

Emanuel20
04-29-2008, 06:35 AM
lol, :bang

some_user86
04-29-2008, 06:38 AM
I think Joey ref'ed at least one game earlier in the season against us. How was the outcome of that? Anyone remember?

hsxvvd
04-29-2008, 06:38 AM
I can't believe Stern has allowed this to happen. It isn't like Crawford v. Duncan is a one time event. The guy has clearly had it in for him for years, he needs to be completely taken away from all Spurs games 4ever. No questions, it should have been a condition of his re-instatement.

CRAWFORD IS A CHILD MOLESTING TAX CHEAT!

Ginofan
04-29-2008, 06:45 AM
I think we'll get a fair deal. It's the playoffs if one of those guys fucks up now, the whole world will see...

spursfan09
04-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Whoa child molesting?

mojorizen7
04-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Crawford?
:lol
=
:nope

mojorizen7
04-29-2008, 06:51 AM
I can't believe Stern has allowed this to happen. It isn't like Crawford v. Duncan is a one time event. The guy has clearly had it in for him for years, he needs to be completely taken away from all Spurs games 4ever. No questions, it should have been a condition of his re-instatement.

CRAWFORD IS A CHILD MOLESTING TAX CHEAT!

Speaking of Stern........how come he hasn't been to a SUNS home game this year?

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
shit...

easjer
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
This will be strange coming from me. But, as much as I prefer Danny Crawford, Joey isn't a bad ref, aside from his Duncan issues. He is generally pretty fair, and given the tension and past situations, I think we are not likely to get a ton of unfair calls. Joey will be keen to prevent any hint of unfairness or disparity that would call attention to him or cause controversy. He doesn't want the whole thing dragged out again, especially because he would lose his job this time. I think we'll be ok tonight -Joey isn't the worst we could have drawn (Salvatorre is).

fyatuk
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
I think Joey ref'ed at least one game earlier in the season against us. How was the outcome of that? Anyone remember?

The game I remember him doing he was very professional about it and I think favored the Spurs a little bit, probably out of fear of being retired again. He even put up with crap he would have t'd the years before.

No idea if that more mellow version of Joey is like the current, though, since that was fairly early in the season.

LilMissSPURfect
04-29-2008, 08:03 AM
No jokes today!!!!

polandprzem
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dDV8cY0CF5Lx/610x.jpg

D'Antoni: Hey they are laughing at us!
Willard: Go to Joe

polandprzem
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1731510.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F106A050481DCD0AF1C7 5A5397277B4DC33E

Joey, Derick Stafford and the Finger

phyzik
04-29-2008, 08:26 AM
I kinda like the Idea of a Joey Crawford reffed game. No way he tries to screw the Spurs and risk his job. In fact I think he goes out of his way to make sure the Spurs don't get hosed.

dmac
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
damnit... we got the wrong Crawford

do you ever sleep?

ancestron
04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
This is a good thing . Joe Crawford is terrified to make any questionable calls against Duncan these days.

O-Factor
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
This is a good thing . Joe Crawford is terrified to make any questionable calls against Duncan these days.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think Crawford will favor one team over the other. Calls will get missed and non-calls will be called for both teams Im sure.

Tim needs to just ignore him aswell.

GSH
04-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't know if you watched the Lakers close out the Nuggets last night. The Nuggets got absolutely boned by the refs in the 4th quarter. Kobe made some great shots, but it was the refs that decided the outcome of the game. I hate the Nugs and George Karl every bit as much as the Lakers and the Zen Master, so I don't have any reason to be biased one way or the other. That officiating was some sloppy, one-sided shit. Bavetta even reversed 2 or 3 calls (I think it was 3) down the stretch - each time in L.A.'s favor. Not only were they bad calls, they were reall momentum changers.

I'm not talking conspiracy, but it was definitely one-sided. I hate to think about being on the short end of that. The Spurs might have been able to fight through it, but it would have been tough. It was just too much for the Nuggets.

ancestron
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't know if you watched the Lakers close out the Nuggets last night. The Nuggets got absolutely boned by the refs in the 4th quarter. Kobe made some great shots, but it was the refs that decided the outcome of the game. I hate the Nugs and George Karl every bit as much as the Lakers and the Zen Master, so I don't have any reason to be biased one way or the other. That officiating was some sloppy, one-sided shit. Bavetta even reversed 2 or 3 calls (I think it was 3) down the stretch - each time in L.A.'s favor. Not only were they bad calls, they were reall momentum changers.

I'm not talking conspiracy, but it was definitely one-sided. I hate to think about being on the short end of that. The Spurs might have been able to fight through it, but it would have been tough. It was just too much for the Nuggets.

yeah, there were a couple really cheap ass ghost fouls called on the Nuggs down the stretch during critical possessions.

ambchang
04-29-2008, 09:44 AM

He decided to watch it on TV to boost up the ratings.

Supergirl
04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Not like the reffing has been great up till now - Spurs played through two TERRIBLY reffed games in which 2 of their players were fouled out on NONCALLS - and still won.

remingtonbo2001
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
:rollin

FromWayDowntown
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Joey has done 4 Spurs games this year -- @ ATL, @ GST (in December), v. NYK, v. SEA.

Not exactly a murderer's row of teams (Atlanta's recent successes notwithstanding), but the Spurs were 3-1 in those games, losing the December game in Oakland (without Duncan).

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks, FWD. Reliable for knowledge, as expected. :clap

shelshor
04-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Joey will probably be OK just to keep his job
I'd rather have Bavetta, Violet Palmer or Nies than Derick Stafford
And Greg Willard? Could we have Willard Scott instead? Please

Man of Steel
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
We are screwed.

JC won't do anything obvious, like throwing a player out for laughing.

But there are discretionry calls or non-calls which would never be reviewed by the front office that we have to watch out for. Crawford is many things But he is not stupid. He won't do anything obvious. But lets see how many times he looks the other way he Tim, Tony or Manu get mugged going to the rim without calling anything...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Not good. But the Spurs also overcame Bavetta and Salvatore in games 1 and 2, this would complete the trifecta...

O-Factor
04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Not good. But the Spurs also overcame Bavetta and Salvatore in games 1 and 2, this would complete the trifecta...

very true.

I expect the game to be called okay. But we wont get any favors thrown our way even though we are at home.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
We are screwed.

JC won't do anything obvious, like throwing a player out for laughing.

But there are discretionry calls or non-calls which would never be reviewed by the front office that we have to watch out for. Crawford is many things But he is not stupid. He won't do anything obvious. But lets see how many times he looks the other way he Tim, Tony or Manu get mugged going to the rim without calling anything...

I don't think it matters tonight. I look for the game to be pretty close in the first half, and the Suns to lose their energy in the 3rd quarter with no home crowd to bolster their confidence. Spurs D shuts it down and we win comfortably.

I'm watching the game with a Suns fan tonight. Should be highly entertaining.

bdictjames
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm watching the game with a Suns fan tonight. Should be highly entertaining.
Have fun with that, hopefully you can give your game thoughts too.

Im not sure I'll be watching it.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM

He is so arrogant and fucked in the head i don't think he cares honestly. This has me a little worried, Crawford is a lunatic.

SPURS vs NBA media
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted yet, but I think we finally drew Joey:

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

SPURS will still WIN,reguardless of the referees

Obstructed_View
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM

Because the fucking fans can't behave like adults. Didn't you see all the water bottles being thrown last year?

That you aren't more ashamed of those idiots is damning.

gameFACE
04-29-2008, 01:04 PM
SPURS will still WIN,reguardless of the referees

Yeah, I don't think the refs will make a difference tonight. If the Spurs want to close this one out they will close it out. Bank on it.

TampaDude
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I don't think the refs will make a difference tonight. If the Spurs want to close this one out they will close it out. Bank on it.

Yup...look for the Spurs to come out gunning right from the start and build an early double-digit lead, like they did in Game 3. That will basically take the refs out of the equation. Spurs by 11. Book it.

easjer
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
very true.

I expect the game to be called okay. But we wont get any favors thrown our way even though we are at home.

And tell me which game we've gotten favors in this series? None. Spurs will be fine so long as they go back to their games1-3 mentality of not expecting favors to be called for them, and just play well.

JustSpurs
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Whatever you do, Timmy...Don't laugh!

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Crawford? LMAO

he knows all eyes are on him, I expect the Spurs to be on the FT line more

Spurminator
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe this will help keep the Spurs from getting into the ruts where they are too concerned about calls they're not getting.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
They probably let him coach this game as a test. He'll be carefully watched and Crawford knows that. I expect fair calls both ways...at least from Crawford.

TampaDude
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
They probably let him coach this game as a test. He'll be carefully watched and Crawford knows that. I expect fair calls both ways...at least from Crawford.

Crawford is coaching tonight? What happened to Pop? Oh, shit, we're screwed!!! :lol

Southwest Texas Fan
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Crawford is coaching tonight? What happened to Pop? Oh, shit, we're screwed!!! :lol

:rollin

slayermin
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't know why everyone worries about Joey.

We are 10-3 in the playoffs since '01 with him on the floor including 7 wins in a row between '03 and '05.

The three guys I worry about are Nies, Salvatore and Rush. These three refs should don the reputation as Spurs Killers. Since '01 in the playoffs, whenever one of these three referees are on the floor, we are 22-31 (7-8 with Nies, 8-11 with Salvatore, and 7-12 with Rush).

Another guy creeping on to this list is David Jones. We are 1-4 when he refs.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 06:00 PM
They probably let him ref this game as a test. He'll be carefully watched and Crawford knows that. I expect fair calls both ways...at least from Crawford.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
whoops..................................lol

Pero
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Stern just said that Duncan can shove Crawford around if he wants to. :lol

hsxvvd
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Maybe Bonner can start, king hit Crawford and knock him out cold.

Would be the first useful thing the Rednut did all season.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
This is a good thing . Joe Crawford is terrified :wow to make any questionable calls against Duncan these days.

"If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him" - Tim

duncan228
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
"If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him" - Tim

:lmao One of my favorite Duncan quotes.