PDA

View Full Version : Waddle & Silvy on 1000 ESPN radio:

Cry Havoc
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
"The San Antonio Spurs are the most underrated team in the history of the NBA."

"Tim Duncan is probably the most under-appreciated athlete in the history of... not even basketball, all sports included."

:toast

lebomb
04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I agree.....but championships speak for themselves. So I could care less what everyone else thinks.

m33p0
04-29-2008, 11:43 AM
10 years from now, 20 years from now, this San Antonio Spurs and its superstar, Tim Duncan, will get its just rewards of being recognized as one of the best ever.

spursfan09
04-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Nobody will truly appreciate them until they are long gone. I think. And I mean like after the team disbands

duncan228
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
It's pretty obvious to me that Duncan won't be fully appreciated outside of Spurs fans until after he's retired. I had hoped the third Title was going to do it, then the fourth. I'm beginning to think that even a fifth with a repeat won't be enough. If they do repeat I still expect them to be written off next season with the same crap. Too old, too boring.

The Duncan era will go down as one of the best of all-time. After he retires.

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

Strike
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Enjoy the success while it's here. Then later, we'll enjoy it a second time when it gets the respect it deserves.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
"The San Antonio Spurs are the most underrated team in the history of the NBA."

"Tim Duncan is probably the most under-appreciated athlete in the history of... not even basketball, all sports included."

:toast

YES!!!!!!! An accurate declaration!

fyatuk
04-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Too old, too boring.

I doubt the excuse will be "too old" next year. Considering how many of the oldsters are likely leaving and the arrival of at least 2 young guys, "old" shouldn't be brought up.

remingtonbo2001
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

Very true.

duncan228
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I doubt the excuse will be "too old" next year. Considering how many of the oldsters are likely leaving and the arrival of at least 2 young guys, "old" shouldn't be brought up.

The average age of the team will go down but Duncan will be heading for 33. They'll still call him out as past his prime and declining no matter how he plays. We all know he'll coast through the regular season again which will give the haters ammunition.

Maybe they'll call the rest of the team too young. :lol