PDA

View Full Version : Hey DazedandConfused, are you a SportsDouche fan?

Findog
04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=20425

Dazed & Confused: Can someone tell me why the Nuggets stink so bad? Two superstars - check. Great rebounder/shot blocker - check. Solid role players - check. Fat ugly coach - check.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (12:38 PM ET ) Come on, the Nuggets had no heart all season. None of this was a surprise. When the going gets tough, they get going. In their defense, it's tough to get motivated to win a title when you've already broken the "Most tattooes on one team" record. How do you dip into the well and get fired up after that?

Don't you have bigger fish to fry now?

cash459
04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=20425

Don't you have bigger fish to fry now?

:lmao

Findog
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I submitted a ?, let's see if he answers it:

Findog: Is there anyway the Mavs can trick Michael Jordan into thinking Josh Howard isn't total garbage? How do you regress from "the next Scottie Pippen" to a homeless man's Michael Finley? And I don't mean the 1998 athletic slasher Michael Finley, but the grizzled spot-up shooter with the Spurs Michael Finley

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
That's not me......seriously. Dazed&Confused was a popular movie, odds are more than one person has that user name. And Bill Simmons is a douche, I would never waste my time emailing him.

Findog
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Ah, he already answered a J-Shit ?, so looks like I need to try again:

Jason, Seattle, WA: Josh Howard played awful in Game 4. Do you think he would be better off smoking before Game 5 to relax his nerves? Or should he wait until the offseason (after the game in the locker room)?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:14 PM ET ) I wrote this a few months ago, he's the new Ben Wallace - the totally underrated guy who's now become overrated because everyone spent too much time talking about how underrated he was. By the way, I thought of a great trade last night as Melo was doing everything but taking his clothes off like ned Braden during the second half of the Lakers game...

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:16 PM ET ) What about a trade with Melo and Howard as the principles? Obviously Dallas would have to throw in more because Melo has more value than Howard, but wouldn't that make sense for both teams? Dallas gets a much needed scorer to team with Dirk - Denver gets a much-needed intangibles guy who doesn't care if he gets the ball and also has some good weed connections. Everyone wins.

Findog
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
That's not me......seriously. Dazed&Confused was a popular movie, odds are more than one person has that user name. And Bill Simmons is a douche, I would never waste my time emailing him.

I guess we have to take your denials at face value since you ended up being right about not being SpursDynasty

monosylab1k
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM

whatever Jeff

rAm
04-29-2008, 01:45 PM
SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:16 PM ET ) What about a trade with Melo and Howard as the principles? Obviously Dallas would have to throw in more because Melo has more value than Howard, but wouldn't that make sense for both teams? Dallas gets a much needed scorer to team with Dirk - Denver gets a much-needed intangibles guy who doesn't care if he gets the ball and also has some good weed connections. Everyone wins.

hahahaha, thats why I love Bill Simmons. Pure comedy gold, but still makes so much sense!

Str8Ballin
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
who the fuck is Jeff

Findog
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
who the fuck is Jeff

He's just the pro-Spurs, anti-Mavs troll that he's supposed to be. No surprises there.

balli
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Picked up this gem from the chat-

Aaron (phx): It shouldn't be called a "flopping foul". We should have different degrees, such as: 1) A "Bowen Grade 1" if it's obvious to all the refs, every fan, every player, every coach, and every security guard in the arena that you flopped, but yet you still raise hell like there's no tomorrow. 2) A "Ginobili Grade 1" if the movement of the air caused by a defender running along side you makes you fly no less than 8 feet in a direction completely opposite to that which your momentum is carrying you. 3) A "Ginobili Grade 2" if you fall to the ground after no contact, but stay down there for 5-10 seconds while pretending to gather yourself. 4) A "Duncan Grade 1" if if you flop while you are the offensive player taking a shot, then after hearing that you aren't being rewarding for acting your eyes literally increase in size by a factor of 3, and you hold back tears. 5) An "Oberto Grade 1" if you start falling when the player you are guarding is still 3 feet away from you. 6) An "Oberto Grade 2" if you flop on a dead ball. 7) A "Parker Grade 1" if your wife told Vanity Fair that she gets worried when she sees you lying on the ground during a game because she doesn't know if you are really hurt, but then explains to vanity fair that you told her you have to stay on the ground to make it seem as though you were really hit hard so you get the call the next time. 8) A "Kristen" if the player flops onto their back.

Bill Simmons: (3:06 PM ET ) That's the question of the day so far. Well done. I'd love to hear the announcers arguing whether it was a Ginobili Grade 1 or a Grade 2.

rAm
04-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Picked up this gem from the chat-

lol, slightly exaggerated, but hilarious

cash459
04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
He's just the pro-Spurs, anti-Mavs troll that he's supposed to be. No surprises there.

hardly

cash459
04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
bump....getting too far down the page....dont want Jeff to think he doesnt have fans :lol