PDA

View Full Version : Lost Causes?

LakeShow
04-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Lost Causes?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0429/nba_oneal_kidd_412.jpg

Getty Images
Shaq and J-Kidd haven't made the impact their teams had hoped for.
The Suns and Mavs made big midseason trades. And they appear to have backfired. What happens now for each? Experts: Suns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?page=Roundtable-Suns-080429) | Mavs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?page=Roundtable-Mavs-080429)

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Both of these trades are failures in my honest opinion, but check this out I actually think the Suns should have gotten Kidd and the Mavs should have been the ones to get Shaq. Here's my Logic: The suns lose every time they are in the playoffs because of terrible defense and Nash is the one who is the worst defender on that team. Kidd would give them good playmaking, good defense and he wouldn't have to worry about scoring because he would be surrounded by talent.

As for the Mavs everyone knows that if they had some inside game they would probably have been unstoppable, all they needed was a post presence in my opinion. It could have been Dirk destroying from the perimeter and Shaq posterizing from the interior instead the Mavs choose to trade the only person who can get to the rim on their team for a aging point guard. STUPID.

bdictjames
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Both of these trades are failures in my honest opinion, but check this out I actually think the Suns should have gotten Kidd and the Mavs should have been the ones to get Shaq. Here's my Logic: The suns lose every time they are in the playoffs because of terrible defense and Nash is the one who is the worst defender on that team. Kidd would give them good playmaking, good defense and he wouldn't have to worry about scoring because he would be surrounded by talent.

As for the Mavs everyone knows that if they had some inside game they would probably have been unstoppable, all they needed was a post presence in my opinion. It could have been Dirk destroying from the perimeter and Shaq posterizing from the interior instead the Mavs choose to trade the only person who can get to the rim on their team for a aging point guard. STUPID.
Kidd cant shoot. He is still surrounded with talent at Dallas. Kidd is no more than an average starter on any team.

I wouldn't see where the Mavs would be going with Shaq either. I guess they can counter Tim Duncan but that's about it.

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Kidd cant shoot. He is still surrounded with talent at Dallas. Kidd is no more than an average starter on any team.

I wouldn't see where the Mavs would be going with Shaq either. I guess they can counter Tim Duncan but that's about it.

Kidd surrounded by talent?! :lol, They have a moron that has lost all credibility in Josh Howard, Damp sucks, Stack is injured, Jet is streaky, Lue is injured, Juwan Howard sucks, Magloire really sucks, antoine wright can never get off the bench, Eddie jones should have retired three years ago, devean george is trash. I wonder why teams don't just take the ball out of Dirk's hands the rest of the team can't hurt them. If you think Kidd has "Talent" then your wrong buddy.

And as for Shaq, don't you think the Mavs would be better if they had one of the most dominant players ever to play the game? He's not the same as before but he would still be good for the Mavs imo.

monosylab1k
04-29-2008, 01:29 PM
wow...

after reading that part about the Mavs, I'm 100% certain that Tim Legler is mentally retarded. These two comments are comedy gold.

Avery Johnson is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Period. Before Mark Cuban considers firing him he should ask himself who could improve their chances of winning a title. This team competes. They respond to Avery and they are well prepared. The problem lies in their personnel and their mental toughness. The guy is a top-tier coach. End of story.

Less reliance on Dirk offensively and more on Josh Howard also would be a step in the right direction.

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
^Maybe Legler was being ironic?

Strike
04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm 100% certain that Tim Legler is mentally retarded.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/DjHandZ/Misc/DEDEEDEE.jpg

Findog
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
wow...

after reading that part about the Mavs, I'm 100% certain that Tim Legler is mentally retarded. These two comments are comedy gold.

Tim Legler hasn't paid attention to the Mavs in two years obviously. That's how old his Avery takes are.

Bob Lanier
04-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Nash is the one who is the worst defender on that team.
Black Jesus says hello.

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Black Jesus says hello.

They are both bad on D but most of the time nash just shows no effort which makes him worse imo. At least Amare tries