PDA

View Full Version : Gasol

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey were are all the haters and doubters now.....Gasol actually got out of the first round. I thought he is soft and folds in the playoffs and is not a winner. What are we now...like 30-5 with him.

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Pau looks like Jesus imo

monosylab1k
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
nobody gives a shit you Canadian faygo

clambake
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
i never complained about him being soft.

i'm pissed because they got him for a ball of lint.

MajicMan
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
"but but the Fakers played the Nuggets"

Strike
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey were are all the haters and doubters now.....Gasol actually got out of the first round. I thought he is soft and folds in the playoffs and is not a winner. What are we now...like 30-5 with him.

I'm sorry. I forgot he had a high caliber player like Kobe when he played in Memphis.

Oh, wait a minute.....

Findog
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
He's playing with Kobe now. Let's see him do that on his own.

0-12 w/o Kobe, 4-0 w/ him.

resistanze
04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
wgaf

clambake
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
maybe in the off season they can trade Mbenga for lebron.

MajicMan
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Convenient how people rag on Kobe for not being able to "be the man" but it gets switched around when they want to rag on Gasol. Dallas fans seem to be so angry these days. Oh, I wonder why :rollin:rollin

Findog
04-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Convenient how people rag on Kobe for not being able to "be the man" but it gets switched around when they want to rag on Gasol. Dallas fans seem to be so angry these days. Oh, I wonder why :rollin:rollin

WTF are you talking about? I love Kobe. Pau makes a fine second option, so I don't understand the point of this thread.

MajicMan
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Is Kobe is fantastic player..but he isn't MJ and should stop being compared to him!

not shit. I never compare him to MJ. MJ was on another level.

TheMACHINE
04-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Cuz Kobe makes his teammates better.

hehe..just had to throw that in :lol

TheMACHINE
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Is Kobe is fantastic player..but he isn't MJ and should stop being compared to him!

looks like ur the only one who brought up MJ on this thread. :downspin:

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Good for Pau. I'm interested to see how he'll hand the physicality in the next series. The Jazz may not beat him four times but they'll beat him up.

2Cleva
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
C'mon Laker fans. Enough with the circle jerk here.

LA did well in Round 1. But the journey isn't even halfway over yet.

There will be a time when beating your chest on a Spurs board is worthy. Now is not the time.

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, my point was very well taken. I remember the headlines here when we picked up Gasol...oh he's soft, he folds, he can't win when it counts, blah, blah, blah. When lakers fans brought up that we have Kobe they all scoffed and said it won't matter. Please, we may lose next series and I still wouldn't give a shit. We have a great young core and I'm happy with their development. I'm just pointing out the inconsitancies and flip flopping.

Oh and I though Kobe doesn't make players better, and that he's selfish. Really....well where's Smush (our top PG last seaon and Kwame (starting centre) and we still made the playoffs. Dude, Mbenga has showed signs this year....but it's not Kobe it's Pau, or is it Fisher, or is it Phil...whatever rebuttals you other fans may have, don't worry we know the score.

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
C'mon Laker fans. Enough with the circle jerk here.

LA did well in Round 1. But the journey isn't even halfway over yet.

There will be a time when beating your chest on a Spurs board is worthy. Now is not the time.

beating the chest....nothing is worthy about gloating over the success of something none of us have control over. It's about actually calling the fans out and their "analysis".

stretch
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Shut it, hoser.

ElNono
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
He is soft, and he does folds when it matters... You haven't gotten to 'when it matters' in these playoffs yet. KMart is no test for Gasol.

xtremesteven33
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Gasol is now a second option player....he doesnt carry the load like kobe does. he can handle it,hes a good player, just not great.

2Cleva
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM
beating the chest....nothing is worthy about gloating over the success of something none of us have control over. It's about actually calling the fans out and their "analysis".

Med - they know. They don't want to admit it but they know.

All that matters is :lobt: - get that and then they will admit it. Trying to convince someone who doesn't want to be convinced is just as idiotic as someone trying to say Tony Parker is as good on any level as Kobe.

Findog
04-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, my point was very well taken. I remember the headlines here when we picked up Gasol...oh he's soft, he folds, he can't win when it counts, blah, blah, blah.

No, your point isn't very well-taken. What happened in the first round against Denver is no surprise. It's funny, but the reaction I remember is that the Lakers got a steal and greatly improved seemed to be the initial analysis. Why don't you bump those threads?

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
He is soft, and he does folds when it matters... You haven't gotten to 'when it matters' in these playoffs yet. KMart is no test for Gasol.

Actually Gasol was played by Camby and Kmart played Kobe....nice too see that you actually watched the series.

And yes, just getting out of the first round doesn't mean shit.

MajicMan
04-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Actually Gasol was played by Camby and Kmart played Kobe....nice too see that you actually watched the series.

And yes, just getting out of the first round doesn't mean shit.

Just brush your shoulders off brotha. We going deep into the playoffs while some other teams fans are going fishing. :fishing

Don't waste your breath

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Just felt a little frisky today....no worries. :)

rAm
04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Can you Laker fans calm down just a tad?

There were how many threads started today about the Sweep?

As much as you want to discredit the fact that it was only the Nuggets you swept, it still holds true.

Yes they were a 50 win team, yes they have a crazy legit roster (on paper). But cmon now, I would guess a majority of people were expecting this to be a sweep.

Melo got a DUI 2 days before the playoffs started, Karl can't get this group of rowdy hoodlums to play defense or cohesive basketball, JR Smith thinks he is a god, and it goes on and on.

Congratulations on a 1st round win, each round will get harder, and remember you do still have a group of untested young players. As we see with Boston, the Playoff's are a different ballgame. You have a great team, and a great shot at the title, but cmon stop sucking your own penis.

Str8Ballin
04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Fuck the lakers. And Fuck Pau Gasol.

MajicMan
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Fuck the lakers. And Fuck Pau Gasol.

http://www.rtcard.com/gone_fishin.jpg

Purple & Gold
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM

I guess we'll never know unless, Kobe starts getting the calls MJ did on a regular basis and the League decides to water down the NBA by adding another 6 teams.

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Can you Laker fans calm down just a tad?

There were how many threads started today about the Sweep?

As much as you want to discredit the fact that it was only the Nuggets you swept, it still holds true.

Yes they were a 50 win team, yes they have a crazy legit roster (on paper). But cmon now, I would guess a majority of people were expecting this to be a sweep.

Melo got a DUI 2 days before the playoffs started, Karl can't get this group of rowdy hoodlums to play defense or cohesive basketball, JR Smith thinks he is a god, and it goes on and on.

Congratulations on a 1st round win, each round will get harder, and remember you do still have a group of untested young players. As we see with Boston, the Playoff's are a different ballgame. You have a great team, and a great shot at the title, but cmon stop sucking your own penis.

Well said and if I could suck my own dick I probably wouldn't have time to post on this forum.

Kobe62Mavs61
04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
maybe in the off season they can trade Mbenga for lebron.

Who told you???? :pctoss: lmao

Pau is the Man!