PDA

View Full Version : We are so going to kick the Hornets' asses

lefty
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm not afraid of NO.

When really played against them, we dominated them

When we didin't show up (CIA Pop), we lost.

Bruce will frustrate CP3.

And overrated David West will disappear vs Duncan.

I say Bring Them On. :ihit

urunobili
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
jinx attempt thread

DespЏrado
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Chris Paul has no business being this good this early in his career. I am utterly impressed with his ability to lead the New Orleans Hornets to such an impressive first round victory. He is easily the best natural point in the league already, and he's still a rookie to the playoffs. I worry about playing this same team as they gain experience.

In other words, sleeping on New Orleans at this point would be a huge mistake. They are for real. I really hope it's more a sign of Dallas's porous defense rather than the Hornets being this good, because otherwise we are in for a tough series.

That being said I do think that they are very beatable, at least for this year. The Spurs have so many playoff intangibles that makes them very difficult to beat at any level, but when it counts the Spurs are almost impossible to beat.

Gotta beat the Suns tonight for this to even matter though.

DAF86
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm more afraid 'bout Phoenix than NO right now.

Southwest Texas Fan
04-29-2008, 08:31 PM
+1

Medvedenko
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Good luck spurs..but the Hornets and their lack of experience didn't matter against a veteran laden Mav team. I believe they get HC...so it will be close.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I just hope the Spurs actually eliminate the Suns.

demosthenes247
04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
As a Mavs fan, I'm somewhat conflicted, but ultimately I think I'd rather see the Spurs win now.

SpurAddict561
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
these threads need to goto hell

Mavs08
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM

What makes you think your not in Hell already?

lefty
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM

Because we're facing the Hornettes

And we're gonna win

lefty
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM

I guess they'll see you there

DespЏrado
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
The way we played tonight isn't going to cut it. They gotta show up for this series, and show these young pups what the playoffs are really about.

lefty
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
The way we played tonight isn't going to cut it. They gotta show up for this series, and show these young pups what the playoffs are really about.

We played like shit tonight, but I prefer to play NO, Utah or Lakers than Phoenix.

Spurs need to rest a bit

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I think it all depends on Ginboli and his injury. I don't know if the Spurs can be successful against a good NOH, who has HCA, if he struggles like he has been.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Lefty, you say some clever things most of the time, but this is not one of them. :rolleyes.

The Hornets present matchup nightmares for us - we haven't shown we can slow Paul down, West kills us, Peja and Mo seem to shoot the lights out on us every time, and now they have Spur-killah Bonzi Wells.

Our edge lies in experience and our bench bigs (Armstrong is a joke).

This will be another tough series.

phyzik
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Spurs need to focus... NO is a dangerous team. My head tells me Spurs should dominate them but we cannot cruise through this shit... We need to use them as a leapboard for who we face between Lakers/Whoever (Utah).

I dont think it will be as easy as some of us Spurs fans would like to make it out to be. At all.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Who's in hell? we just got out of the first round? For the second straight year, you didn't. :lol

Now you have to watch your team get dismantled without winning a trophy... who's in hell again???

lefty
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Lefty, you say some clever things most of the time, but this is not one of them. :rolleyes.

The Hornets present matchup nightmares for us - we haven't shown we can slow Paul down, West kills us, Peja and Mo seem to shoot the lights out on us every time, and now they have Spur-killah Bonzi Wells.

Our edge lies in experience and our bench bigs (Armstrong is a joke).

This will be another tough series.

I never said we would sweep them, but if we're relatively healthy, I think we'll beat them.

Now that we have kicked Phoenix out, I feel much better

SPARKY
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
The upcoming series won't be easy. For starters, the Hornets have a competent coach, unlike in the last round.

lefty
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
The upcoming series won't be easy. For starters, the Hornets have a competent coach, unlike in the last round.

Are you kidding? nothing beats the " Let's go ! C'mon ! " :lol

Don Quixote
04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
This isn't the first time the Silver & Black has encountered a young talented upstart team in the playoffs.

I'm confident that they will take care of business against Chris Paul & co., albeit in a tough and well-fought series.

And I *hope* to be there in the NEW ORLEANS ARENA, wearing my Spurs gear, for Games 1 and/or 2.

Don Quixote
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
I will say this ... the Hornets' PA guy is likely the most annoying person this side of Carrot Top.

Every time Chris Paul makes a play, he plays this high-pitched "woooo" over the system, which the dumb fans repeat. Wooo! woooooo!

After hearing it about 20 times, I wanted to stab him in the ear.

Sigz
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm scared of David West... that guy is good.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
They are good, no doubt about that. They did beat us by 20+ twice, but when we won I liked the way we played them. I know one thing: Pop is going to limit Paul's assists and make him be THE scorer for the Hornets. That's what the Spurs did in the two wins and it worked.

lefty
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm scared of David West... that guy is good.

I have the feeling he will diappear against Duncan.

West is overrated

boutons_
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
As always the trick is to steal HCA by splitting in NO.
Defend home court, up 3-1 with 3 games to close it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
I never said we would sweep them, but if we're relatively healthy, I think we'll beat them.

Now that we have kicked Phoenix out, I feel much better

What you said in the OP is "I'm not afraid of NO". Very unwise.

You also said "when we played, we dominated them". Not in the 3 games I watched, during two of which we were the one being dominated, and the other was a 4th Q win by the Spurs.

Your cockiness is undeserved going into this series. The Hornets are VERY DANGEROUS. I would say they are as dangerous as the Suns since they have HCA and Paul/West destroying punks.

Please change the thread title, which is a jinx if ever I saw one.

lefty
They are good, no doubt about that. They did beat us by 20+ twice, but when we won I liked the way we played them. I know one thing: Pop is going to limit Paul's assists and make him be THE scorer for the Hornets. That's what the Spurs did in the two wins and it worked.

As I said, when we showed up, we beat them

When going CIA hardcore, we lost.

It's the playoffs, no more CIA

lefty
04-30-2008, 12:04 AM
What you said in the OP is "I'm not afraid of NO". Very unwise.

You also said "when we played, we dominated them". Not in the 3 games I watched, during two of which we were the one being dominated, and the other was a 4th Q win by the Spurs.

Your cockiness is undeserved going into this series. The Hornets are VERY DANGEROUS. I would say they are as dangerous as the Suns since they have HCA and Paul/West destroying punks.

Please change the thread title, which is a jinx if ever I saw one.

I like to be cocky

In fact, I'm cocky.

We will W-I-N

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 12:04 AM
As I said, when we showed up, we beat them

When going CIA hardcore, we lost.

It's the playoffs, no more CIA

Yeah but in all likelihood this series goes 6 or 7 games. Let's hope the Spurs come out on top.

spursfan09
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok I will admit I have not seen NO that much. But I know how good CP3 is. TP vs CP will be a great matchup. But this dude David West. I can't not picture his face at all. I hear alot about him, so I know he is no scrub. But we have freaken Tim Duncan. Timmy went against both Amare and Shaq this series, I like think he's licking his chops right now.

lefty
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah but in all likelihood this series goes 6 or 7 games. Let's hope the Spurs come out on top.

HEalth and experience will matter big time

itzsoweezee
04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
i'm worried about david west. the spurs have no one that can guard him.

lefty
04-30-2008, 12:06 AM
i'm worried about david west. the spurs have no one that can guard him.

WTF ?

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 12:08 AM
David West is Boris Diaw on steroids. Better midrange game, better post up game, better defender, pretty much better in every aspect but passing.

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Glad you're confident. But this series will be tougher.

NO has dynamics. They are doing well this year, back in New Orleans, Chris Paul turning into a superstar, and the cast is showing up

NO is also athletic and young. They have very little experience however and will be playing off pure fire and energy alone and SA needs to seriously handle business.

Nobody should be thinking sweep or 4-1 in this go around.

DespЏrado
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
David West is Boris Diaw on steroids. Better midrange game, better post up game, better defender, pretty much better in every aspect but passing.

Yeah but does he play the with 2 other centers? Diaw would have been an easy cover had we not used our bigs to cover Amare and Shaq.

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Ok I will admit I have not seen NO that much. But I know how good CP3 is. TP vs CP will be a great matchup. But this dude David West. I can't not picture his face at all. I hear alot about him, so I know he is no scrub. But we have freaken Tim Duncan. Timmy went against both Amare and Shaq this series, I like think he's licking his chops right now.

I haven't seen a lot of NO this season either.

NO is scrappy, and hustlers. They aren't afraid to take a charge and play in unison often. It will be a totally different scene in the paint by far.

pooh
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM
no homecourt this time for the spurs...Hornets in 6

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I never said we wouldn't win, I was trying to point out that pride comes before a fall.

Underestimating the Hornets is a fool's paradise.

This will be a tough series that will go 6-7 games.

Mavs<Spurs
04-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't see this going more than 5 games.

They couldn't guard Paul.

We can. Tony is faster and a much better defender against Paul than Kidd is now. Bruce can also slow him down.

That is their whole game.

Nash, Stoudamire and Shaq to worry about.

Yes, We can.

And the Suns will need to make some changes that they believe in.

Daily Kossack (math4barack)!

BiZNicK
04-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Spurs in 5

lefty
04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Not to mention Bowen will get under CP3's skin.

During that regular season game, Bruce didn't touch him and he reacted like a little girl.

Imagine if Bruce actually touches him

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Interesting matchups in this series.

If I'm NOH I'm starting Bonzi Wells in place of Mo Pete. Move Peja to the shooting guard spot. This way if the Spurs put Bowen on CP3, Parker will be forced to guard Peja or Bonzi.

This should be a good chessmatch between two good coaches.

DespЏrado
04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
The Spurs > The Suns > The Hornets

I do believe if the Spurs play the way they played the first three games against the Suns, the Spurs won't lose.

But you can't take the Hornets for granted even slightly. They are the perfect Cinderella team this year. They match up well against us. They have a known Spurs killer in Bonzi Wells. They have the confidence and swagger of underdogs, since no one expects them to do anything this year. That is a very dangerous combination for a team like the Spurs who appeared to rest on their laurels throughout most of the season.

jmard5
04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Interesting matchups in this series.

If I'm NOH I'm starting Bonzi Wells in place of Mo Pete. Move Peja to the shooting guard spot. This way if the Spurs put Bowen on CP3, Parker will be forced to guard Peja or Bonzi.

This should be a good chessmatch between two good coaches.

Wouldn't the Spurs have the same problems with Bonzi like Diaw?

Mavs<Spurs
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah but does he play the with 2 other centers? Diaw would have been an easy cover had we not used our bigs to cover Amare and Shaq.

I have to agree with this!

I think he's right on point!

NO is a terrific team.

The top 3 teams imo: Spurs, Lakers, Suns, in that order.

And those 3 are a step ahead of the others:

NO, Jazz, Mavs,

which are a step ahead of the last two

Rockets and Nuggets.

Execution down the stretch.

Being able to go to Timmy on the block.

Bruce and Tony to slow down CP3.

Tony and Manu going to the rim.

Our defense.

Regular season doesn't mean anything.

To me, it is a huge uphill battle for NO to win this series.

I wouldn't be surprised if we swept them.

They come in to this series knowing that they are against the defending world champs with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

We come in knowing that we have been to the mountaintop.

mVp
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok, where are the Hornets trolls? Bring 'em on :lol

reck21
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Guys you're forgetting that this is the playoffs.

Like some of you had said, its a totally difference amosphere. The Spurs wont take this next 4 games likely. They'll put alot of focus on New Orleans and actually give them their due respect.

I think that's where Mavs had failed twice in back to back years. They didn't take The Warriors seriously and lost, same thing with the Hornets.

That Mavs team is full of cocky players (Terry, Dampier) and some bench players. Oh and not to mention that they're chokers that crack under pressure.

This series is going to go 6 games tops, favoring the Spurs.

GinobiliLooms
05-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Spurs sweep!

Brutalis
05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Some of you are going to look like dumb asses after this series.

boutons_
05-01-2008, 03:34 PM
The Spurs have looked pathetic twice vs. Hornets.

I don't expect the Spurs to underestimate.

Spurs need a convincing win, on the road, like the previous Game3, putting all the pressure on the Hornets in Game2 to preserve a split.

cjjr72984
05-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Man o man talk about being underrated by some of the Spurs fans in here.

If some of you guys think the Spurs are gonna beat a talented Hornets team in 5, you're in for a rude awakening.

SAGambler
05-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Good luck spurs..but the Hornets and their lack of experience didn't matter against a veteran laden Mav team. I believe they get HC...so it will be close.

I think the Mavs had more going against them than the play on the floor. JHo started the crap with his interview, and then continued with his party. I think there was a lot of dissention on that team. Mavs almost seemed as if they couldn't wait for this season to be over.

SAGambler
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Man o man talk about being underrated by some of the Spurs fans in here.

If some of you guys think the Spurs are gonna beat a talented Hornets team in 5, you're in for a rude awakening.

LOL. The media and every other basketball expert were saying the same thing about the Suns. You see how that worked out didn't you? Spurs don't like to play over 5 games in a series until the Finals come around.

SAGambler
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
no homecourt this time for the spurs...Hornets in 6

At least not until the Spurs take one of the first two in NO.

macatak911
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
LOL. The media and every other basketball expert were saying the same thing about the Suns. You see how that worked out didn't you? Spurs don't like to play over 5 games in a series until the Finals come around.

Everyone wrote the Hornets off before the Mavs-Hornets series started citing "playoff inexperience." Look how that turned out.

ambchang
05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
The Hornets match up very very well with the Spurs.

Chandler is long and athletic, exactly the type of player that gives Duncan trouble.
Paul is a beast, as weak as he is defensively, he can dominate games on offense. Look for Parker and Paul to cancel each other out.
Mo Pete is an underrated defender. He isn't as good as he used to be, but he is still a decent finisher.
Peja can go off on anyone not named Bowen anytime, and Bowen can only guard one of Peja or Paul at any point in time.
David West is a sweet shooting PF, those who give Spurs problems.
They are a decent team defending 3 pt line, which is one of the Spurs' strength, however, they are only average defensively overall.
They are a very strong rebounding team, always taking care of the defensive board.

honestfool84
05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
spurs will win.