PDA

View Full Version : wow this one hurts...

stretch
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
not quite as bad as the Finals, but its the next most painful loss we have had... IMO anyways.

more so because it looks like it could very possibly be the end of the Mavs chances at any titles. at least in the past, we always knew we would be back because we had a young team that fought hard, or after the Finals, we knew that we could have beat Miami and that we still had a great core intact and lost a very controversial series, and even last year, we won 67 games which showed we were doing something right, just had incredibly bad luck at the worst possible time ever. but this year... who knows what lays in store for us...? I know Cuban will never let this team rot, but our chances at championships are not looking good anymore... and this nice 8 year run we have had ultimately ended in nothing but heartbreak and painful losses...

i really hope that we can experience what its like to win a championship very soon... especially while Dirk is still on the team, because this guy plays his fuckin heart out on a nightly basis despite endless unfair bashing and criticism... greatest player in Mavericks history and is already an all-time great PF and will go down as a top 5 PF of all time, without question... and a ring would put him into top 3 status very easily. Cuban... please, get this guy a ring. He deserves one as much as anyone, and you have no idea how much the truest of the Mavs fans are dying to taste a championship... there sure are a lot of terrible and bandwagon fans (im not talking about you Mavsfan1000 as I will give you a pass in my book, although I still feel you are incredibly wrong about Finley and need to go back and see some of the things that he had done for the Mavericks, as in all honesty, he deserved a ring just as much as Dirk does, if not more) but there are some that have been incredibly diehard and loyal that have supported this team non-stop in so many ways... please dont let us down.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Easiest one to handle but they all sucked. I got punched in the gut after the trade. There was some hope for awhile when Dallas went on a 5 game win streak. Soon to follow by 3 straight home losses and Dirk getting hurt. :depressed RIP Dallas 2002-2007.

endrity
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Nothing ever will compare to 06. That shit was really really tough on me, and it went beyond a sports dissapointment. That was as big a dissapointment I have had in life period. (Yeah call me loser whatever, I had invested too much in that run)

I didn't have much faith this time around, so it's not really that bad.

Let's see if we get lucky again like the summer of 04 to completely rebuild within one summer, and do it so seamlessly. I want Dirk to get that ring so badly.

stretch
04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
I dunno... this one really hurts, because its not going to be easy at all to find a way to be a contender, considering how there are so many good, young teams that are only going to get better... I have faith in Cuban, but we MUST get Howard and Avery the FUCK out of Dallas.

endrity
04-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I dunno... this one really hurts, because its not going to be easy at all to find a way to be a contender, considering how there are so many good, young teams that are only going to get better... I have faith in Cuban, but we MUST get Howard and Avery the FUCK out of Dallas.

See this is a different kind of hurt than. It's the realization that the Mavs run has come to an end. But I could see this coming. So I wasn't deeply supportive of this team.

But in 06 I know we were the best team in the league. And even in 07 we were better than 28 out of 29 teams in the league. Coming up empty handed from those, it really sucked.

As I said, unless the Mavs get really lucky again to rebuild seamlessly the Mavs are going down the rankings and maybe in lottery territory by next season.

fitzgerald
04-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Honestly, we should be used to the heartache. This is the Dallas Mavericks. Nothing could hurt as the last two years. This is just the norm.
Will be glad to see the rookie coach out of here. Stackhouse gone. Josh I am still not sure. If you could get Maggette for him I would be happy. It sure would be nice to get a post player one day. This team could very well miss the playoffs for quite a long time.

lurker
04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I find this the least painful of the 3 failures. My expectations for the Mavs were much lower this time around.

monosylab1k
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
1OmE3B-s8ow
Spurs fans may scorn it, other fans may mock it, but this was the greatest moment in Mavericks history and we should embrace it. This team gave us a lot of great memories amid the heartbreak. Even knowing that I want nothing more than for Avery & Smokey to be gone, I'm already trying to remember that those 2 guys accomplished some great things here, and we should never forget that.

Findog
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
1OmE3B-s8ow
Spurs fans may scorn it, other fans may mock it, but this was the greatest moment in Mavericks history and we should embrace it. This team gave us a lot of great memories amid the heartbreak. Even knowing that I want nothing more than for Avery & Smokey to be gone, I'm already trying to remember that those 2 guys accomplished some great things here, and we should never forget that.

I second that. I will not be ashamed to be a fan of the Dallas Mavericks. I will not lower my head and apologize for being a follower of this franchise. Through the ups and mostly downs, I love this team. And although I too want Josh and Avery gone, I will never forget what they did for this franchise and choose to remember the good things they did for us, as opposed to dwelling on how things ended.

It could be worse. You could be a Suns fan.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I think PHX is hurting more now.

JMarkJohns
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Suns and Mavs fans should all get together and go all California Comet Chasers... (http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/heavensgate.html)

Findog
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
I ate my KFC bowl tonight.

BUMP
04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
for some reason i dont even care about this exit. yeah its embarassing but the pain really came in the regular season. (0-10 vs winning teams with Kidd) the playoffs i just expected the same thing to happen. i didnt expect us to turn it on like that.

obviously the Finals and GS series hurt a lot more and probably equal. the Finals was bad because we had control of the series and the GS one hurt because i thought being #1 in the league nobody would stop us from taking the title, yet we arent even able to get by the 8 seed

DaDakota
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
You guys have an entire offseason and an aggressive owner, I would hardly say you are done.

DD

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
You guys have an entire offseason and an aggressive owner, I would hardly say you are done.

DD

Besides betting a rotation player for the MLE, and maybe trading Terry, what can really be done?

Suns are screwed. They'll likely sell their Atlanta 1st to help with the lost playoff revenue, won't make any significant signings and will only get older at three key positions.

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
^^I'll say it for you, they're done.......

why sugar coat it..........

Harry Callahan
04-30-2008, 12:07 AM
If it makes the Mavs fans feel better, that '06 title run was an illusion really. It took all kinds of home cooking from the officials in the first two homes games for Dallas (3 and 4) along with fluky fouls to get past an injured San Antonio team. They then defeated a Suns team without Stoudamire. In reality, the Mavies are an above average team. No more - no less.

The Mavericks fans should not be disappointed by their early ouster. They simply are what they are.

trueD
04-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Besides betting a rotation player for the MLE, and maybe trading Terry, what can really be done?

Suns are screwed. They'll likely sell their Atlanta 1st to help with the lost playoff revenue, won't make any significant signings and will only get older at three key positions.

Suns are much better running their game at a fast pace.

Maybe Shaq retires and saves Suns 10 mil, it could happen. Maybe he could preserve what little self respect he has left. Unless he has an unusually phenomonal summer working out and practicing free throws endlessly, he's proabably toast. I'm a fan of Shaq's and would love to see him come back strong but if history is any indication, then you know.

mavs>spurs2
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM
If it makes the Mavs fans feel better, that '06 title run was an illusion really. It took all kinds of home cooking from the officials in the first two homes games for Dallas (3 and 4) along with fluky fouls to get past an injured San Antonio team. They then defeated a Suns team without Stoudamire. In reality, the Mavies are an above average team. No more - no less.

The Mavericks fans should not be disappointed by their early ouster. They simply are what they are.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Findog
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM

The Mavs just tried to shoot some shots on the Spurs and got all the calls from the refs.

Thanks Jeff.

mavsfan1000
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.
Agreed.

Findog
04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Agreed.

You don't have to just say agreed, you're allowed to copy and paste it yourself.

baseline bum
04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
1OmE3B-s8ow

I still have great memories of the 06 Playoffs and the 02 Playoffs even though my team went out early in both. I hate the championship or bust attitude a lot of fans get when their team starts winning titles. I remember back in the day when getting the #8 seed or raising a division banner was huge.

Harry Callahan
04-30-2008, 12:32 AM

Why don't you join your hero Jet Terry and eat some chicken wings at Wingstop. His schedule just got a lot less cluttered. The nut puncher is worthless just like you Mavie fan. Go take some pictures of that beloved Western Conference Championship banner.

Your dickhead owner is about to chop Avery Johnson's head off and bring in a yes man. For as far as the eye can see, the Mavies will be mediocre. Enjoy!

Findog
04-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Why don't you join your hero Jet Terry and eat some chicken wings at Wingstop. His schedule just got a lot less cluttered. The nut puncher is worthless just like you Mavie fan. Go take some pictures of that beloved Western Conference Championship banner.

Your dickhead owner is about to chop Avery Johnson's head off and bring in a yes man. For as far as the eye can see, the Mavies will be mediocre. Enjoy!

angel_luv
04-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Suns and Mavs fans should all get together and go all California Comet Chasers... (http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/heavensgate.html)

Or...

Here is an idea: How about the Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks make arrangements to travel far away together?
Perhaps both squads could spend the summer at a Dude Ranch.

I can picture it now.
Imagine with me: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Amare Stoudemire, and Steve Nash, each on their respective mares with Shaq bringing up the rear, mounted on top two extremely taxed horses.
Every day, the players sweat it out as they navigate down unhappy trails, paths which have become way too familiar territory.

Can you hear the conversation?

Amare Stoudemire: Dude! We got beaten by the Spurs- again!
Jason Terry: Dude! We were eliminated by the New Orleans Hornets.
Steve Nash: Dude!
Shaq: Maybe my luck will be better next year.
Shaq’s horses: Neigh, neigh!

http://girldefined.com/have-fun-storming-the-us-airways-center/

peskypesky
04-30-2008, 12:51 AM
it looks like it could very possibly be the end of the Mavs chances at any titles.

:rollin
:flag:

queeniesuck
04-30-2008, 12:57 AM
The 2006 lost is hurt more than this season's lost. I know this season Mavs would not go far.

ehz33satx
04-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I second that. I will not be ashamed to be a fan of the Dallas Mavericks. It could be worse. You could be a Suns fan.

Your both equally are crap.

Jason_Terry
04-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Suns and Mav fans should just come together and start a club :drunk

Anyway, this is nothing compared to losing to the Heat in The Finals. To be that close (maybe a quarter away from going up 3-0) and failing is 10 times worse. Even losing to Golden State last year wasn't as bad as that.

Johnny RIngo
04-30-2008, 03:18 AM

You serious? Suns fans are borderline delusional and have this incredibly annoying sense of entitlement. They've used up every fucking excuse in the book and still continue to think their team's capable of winning a championship. Even worse is seeing ESPN buy into the hype every year:

"OMG, they have SHAQ! Suns have a losing record against WC playoff teams but we're still gonna pick them in six over the Spurs cause Shaq is just so effin amazing!"

dav4463
04-30-2008, 03:32 AM

Here is the problem. You guys idolize cuban because he's the rich frat-boy type who is used to getting his own way.

He blames Avery, when he's the one who pulled the strings on a dumb trade.

You need to run fat-face cuban out of town and hope for an owner with some class. One that will let his class run down through the organization and affect the players and fans. Then you will not have as many dumb flagrant fouls, blowups in the stands with a fan, storming across the court to protest a call, destroyed exercise bikes, etc.

You want Dirk to get a ring? Trade him to San Antonio!

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 03:36 AM
You serious? Suns fans are borderline delusional and have this incredibly annoying sense of entitlement. They've used up every fucking excuse in the book and still continue to think their team's capable of winning a championship. Even worse is seeing ESPN buy into the hype every year:

"OMG, they have SHAQ! Suns have a losing record against WC playoff teams but we're still gonna pick them in six over the Spurs cause Shaq is just so effin amazing!"

Sounds similar to Dallas to me. Insert "Kidd", "Mavericks" and "Hornets" in the above and it still works.

Findog
04-30-2008, 07:02 AM

Oh look, it's the guy who never posts until a Spurs victory and Suns/Mavs loss is assured...

Findog
04-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Here is the problem. You guys idolize cuban because he's the rich frat-boy type who is used to getting his own way.

He blames Avery, when he's the one who pulled the strings on a dumb trade.

You need to run fat-face cuban out of town and hope for an owner with some class. One that will let his class run down through the organization and affect the players and fans. Then you will not have as many dumb flagrant fouls, blowups in the stands with a fan, storming across the court to protest a call, destroyed exercise bikes, etc.

You want Dirk to get a ring? Trade him to San Antonio!

Findog
04-30-2008, 07:04 AM

The Mavs were just a fake team that hit a bunch of fluke shots.

Thanks Jeff.

Johnny RIngo
04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Sounds similar to Dallas to me. Insert "Kidd", "Mavericks" and "Hornets" in the above and it still works.

You sure about that? Bill Simmons has been trashing the Kidd trade since day one while giving Kerr all the credit in the world for the Shaq trade. Not to mention the fact that Simmons has also criticized Dirk's MVP while endlessly praising Nash the past few years. The Suns have been the media darlings of the NBA for the past 4 years.

Humble Billy Hayes
04-30-2008, 08:01 AM
AO9dbmJ_2zU

stretch
04-30-2008, 08:09 AM
The 2006 lost is hurt more than this season's lost. I know this season Mavs would not go far.

whats up man? its funny I was just thinking about old posters from FWST the other day including the arguments you and maloof used to have.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
You sure about that? Bill Simmons has been trashing the Kidd trade since day one while giving Kerr all the credit in the world for the Shaq trade. Not to mention the fact that Simmons has also criticized Dirk's MVP while endlessly praising Nash the past few years. The Suns have been the media darlings of the NBA for the past 4 years.

Sounds like you have an issue with one guy.

some_user86
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow. You guys have become paranoid.

Every idiot acting like a jerk is not SpursDynasty.

Anyways, it sucks that the Mavs imploded before the Spurs got a chance to play them. I wanted to see revenge for 2006, even if it was against a weakened Mavs team.

rasho8
04-30-2008, 11:15 AM
The only way _irk wins a championship is to go the Finley route and join the Spurs.

Of course, we could always use a long 3 for our bench, so _irk is welcome, but with his porous defense I dont think Pop will play him much.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:17 AM
The only way _irk wins a championship is to go the Finley route and join the Spurs.

Of course, we could always use a long 3 for our bench, so _irk is welcome, but with his porous defense I dont think Pop will play him much.

CavsSuperFan
04-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Props to Byron Scott & the Hornets…

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
not quite as bad as the Finals, but its the next most painful loss we have had... IMO anyways.

more so because it looks like it could very possibly be the end of the Mavs chances at any titles. at least in the past, we always knew we would be back because we had a young team that fought hard, or after the Finals, we knew that we could have beat Miami and that we still had a great core intact and lost a very controversial series, and even last year, we won 67 games which showed we were doing something right, just had incredibly bad luck at the worst possible time ever. but this year... who knows what lays in store for us...? I know Cuban will never let this team rot, but our chances at championships are not looking good anymore... and this nice 8 year run we have had ultimately ended in nothing but heartbreak and painful losses...

i really hope that we can experience what its like to win a championship very soon... especially while Dirk is still on the team, because this guy plays his fuckin heart out on a nightly basis despite endless unfair bashing and criticism... greatest player in Mavericks history and is already an all-time great PF and will go down as a top 5 PF of all time, without question... and a ring would put him into top 3 status very easily. Cuban... please, get this guy a ring. He deserves one as much as anyone, and you have no idea how much the truest of the Mavs fans are dying to taste a championship... there sure are a lot of terrible and bandwagon fans (im not talking about you Mavsfan1000 as I will give you a pass in my book, although I still feel you are incredibly wrong about Finley and need to go back and see some of the things that he had done for the Mavericks, as in all honesty, he deserved a ring just as much as Dirk does, if not more) but there are some that have been incredibly diehard and loyal that have supported this team non-stop in so many ways... please dont let us down.

You have hire same type coach as Jeff van Gundy. These type coach do nothing but destroy teams. Now you have story maybe Dallas try hire Van Gundy but he is even worse tyrant and arrogant think he know everything than Johnson is. Mavs get what the deserve if they keep on with such coaches.

queeniesuck
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
whats up man? its funny I was just thinking about old posters from FWST the other day including the arguments you and maloof used to have.

whats up stretch, It's really nice to read your post again :rollin.

Are Magoof and stupid Ole Tex still posting in basketball forum?

rasho8
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM

Wow Findog I didnt realize you still lived with your Mom... maybe you should move out? Try getting a job or something. I have a job, I work in the IT field. I can hook you up with something vacuuming floors in the office if you need it.

Let me know.

Findog
04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow Findog I didnt realize you still lived with your Mom... maybe you should move out? Try getting a job or something. I have a job, I work in the IT field. I can hook you up with something vacuuming floors in the office if you need it.

Let me know.

I also weigh 400 lbs and havent seen my penis in 8 years, but at least I don't have a Rasho Nesterovic avatar, so I have that going for me...

Oh and...

Islymore
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
i dont think this loss hurts at all. the Mavs were pegged to not make it far all season, then the trade, it just got better but the better was worse. (if that makes any sense) this exit is not too hurtful bc the Mavs were crappy all season.

however - all of the extra drama along the ride of this exit was too much. Josh and his MJ habit *(then playin like he did), Stack tryna box up with Scott *(then playing like he did) , Josh havin a party *(then continuing to play like he did)... too much. and I for one am glad this year is over for the Mavs.

they need to go home, regroup, trade some players, get some players in that we need (like a center, maybe a scorer who can crunchtime score, and a PG to backup ol' yeller), come back and stay focused ALL SEASON.

altho - the AJ trade, leades me to believe there is so much more in store this summer....

rasho8
04-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I also weigh 400 lbs and havent seen my penis in 8 years, but at least I don't have a Rasho Nesterovic avatar, so I have that going for me...

Oh and...

Thats true your avatar is a faggy german who wears hoop earrings and wants to blow the Hoff....

I will stick with Rasho, thanks.

Have you considered gastric bypass? It could possibly help you.