PDA

View Full Version : Rockets just blew out the Jazz

Matchman
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
WTF? 10 Mavs threads and none for the resilient Rockets who just blew out the Jazz and extend the series to 6 games and counting?

Indazone
04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
lol cause everyone including myself figured it was over. Now if we can just get it done in their house.

Findog
04-29-2008, 11:01 PM
WTF? 10 Mavs threads and none for the resilient Rockets who just blew out the Jazz and extend the series to 6 games and counting?

Kicking the Mavs when they're done is sport here, but you're absolutely right. The Rockets deserve ton of credit for showing some heart. They're more relevant than the fuckin' Mavs.

GuerillaBlack
04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Rockets win by 26. Rockets 95 and Jazz 69. It was a good game all around.

fitzgerald
04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes, congrats to the Rockets for showing some heart. Unlike the other texas team tonight. The rockets will be there next year also.

armand0
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
its the first game you win on your home, you deserve to cheer for it :toast

but friday you'll be turning to houston alone :toast

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Big props to the Rockets for showing heart

Indazone
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Is this where we start thinking...I got a feeling about this Utah/Rockets series. I don't wanna get my hopes up being a long time Rockets fan. I know what it's like getting your hopes up with this team. But in the back of my mind...maybe just maybe, we can get er done. Yes, I'm starting to get a gut feeling about this series.

Congrats Rockets.

And in the East..Go HAWKS!!

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
The best thing about the Rockets blowout win is that we don't have to hear their fans whine and cry for a couple days. I was worried we'd lay an egg thinking we had game 6 at home and that's exactly what we did. Really a pathetic and sad game to see, and an even worse mentality to have. I'm very dissapointed in my team tonight.

I have no doubt though that we'll win game 6. We always bounce back from getting our asses handed to us. I expect a near perfect game from us on Friday.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:40 PM
That's because UTAH will win in Game 6 at home.

atxrocker
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
i hope the rockets manage to pull the upset

Red Hawk #21
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Is this where we start thinking...I got a feeling about this Utah/Rockets series. I don't wanna get my hopes up being a long time Rockets fan. I know what it's like getting your hopes up with this team. But in the back of my mind...maybe just maybe, we can get er done. Yes, I'm starting to get a gut feeling about this series.

Congrats Rockets.

And in the East..Go HAWKS!!

Go Rockets!

Indazone
04-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Game 6 is critical. If the Rockets can win in Utah, then all bets are off. Rockets will have home court and momentum for game 7.

Matchman
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
That's because UTAH will win in Game 6 at home.

you still want the series to end early even though the long series is benefiting the Lakers? your hatred towards the Rockets is unheard of in this board.

i love it when you got flip off by Skip 2 My Lou tho :lol

DaDakota
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
We are 2-2 in Utah this season....we have a 50/50 shot.....and if we win there....oh baby it is on !

DD

Deimosfobos
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Huston was doomed the day they lost the first 2 at home... 1-1 is doable, I dont think houston can win the last 2. Too irregular... wich is a shame, since I like houston better than the Jazz.

DAF86
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
The Rockets are one of the three best defensive teams in the league, when you defend you always have a chance. I still think that with Rafer in the first two games Houston will be leading the series now

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
The best thing about the Rockets blowout win is that we don't have to hear their fans whine and cry for a couple days. I was worried we'd lay an egg thinking we had game 6 at home and that's exactly what we did. Really a pathetic and sad game to see, and an even worse mentality to have. I'm very dissapointed in my team tonight.

I have no doubt though that we'll win game 6. We always bounce back from getting our asses handed to us. I expect a near perfect game from us on Friday.

Seriously, your team is not that good....if the refs are not biting on all the flops and calling the football fouls the jizz dish out.....You guys are lucky rafer missed the first two games........and that Mr. 22 and 10 is out.

I think if the rox play the same tough game on Friday that they played today they can certainly win and force game 7........where any thing can happen...

Boozer should have kept his mouth shut when he said it would not go back to Houston.........I hope he says it again as tmac said it was used as extra motivation.......that was a pathetic display by Utah tonight......pathetic.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Neither team is good enough to beat the Lakers IMHO. The Rockets actually strike me as a worse matchup, but they will be too banged up if they make it out. Used up all that mojo in the 1st round.

robbie380
04-30-2008, 12:42 AM
we won because the refs finally called a somewhat consistent game. for a foul to get called you had to actually foul someone. no weak bs. it was nice to see that in the second half scola play great and quit relying on the flop after he realized he was going to get zero flop calls.

this is the rockets series to win. if we win friday then we will destroy the jazz in houston. if the game is officiated like this on friday then the rockets win. choke on it.

21_Blessings
04-30-2008, 02:30 AM
and that Mr. 22 and 10 is out.

More like Mr. 22, 10 and the worst pick and roll defense in the league outside of Shaq

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 07:58 AM
More like Mr. 22, 10 and the worst pick and roll defense in the league outside of Shaq
True under JVG, not true under Rick Adelman.

Adelman was smart enough not to ask Yao to come out and guard the guy, but to zone it on the roll.....big difference.

DD

ElNono
04-30-2008, 08:04 AM
The only positive for us about these longer series is that it gives us some extra rest.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Adleman had the guys watching game films and practicing motion. He said the guys were just standing around running pick and roll and allowed the Jazz to set up their defense and hack the guys. Not the last game. Beautiful motion offense with hard cuts and a lot of offensive production out of Landry and Scola. T-Mac had a great great game.

Look for more of the same Jazz in game 6.

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 08:14 AM
The only positive for us about these longer series is that it gives us some extra rest.

I think the Spurs play on Friday too, right?

DD

ElNono
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I think the Spurs play on Friday too, right?

DD

Saturday I believe. Time to be defined, but I would guess it will be an early game.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
There is still the historical Adleman vs Sloan

Historically, Adleman Owns Sloan

90-91 Portland Trailblazers beat Utah Jazz (4-1) in WC semis
91-92 Portland Trailblazers beat Utah Jazz (4-2) in WC Finals
98-99 Utah Jazz beats Sacramento Kings (3-2) in the 1st round
01-02 Sacramento Kings beat Utah Jazz (3-1) in the 1st round
02-03 Sacramento Kings beat Utah Jazz (4-1) in the 1st round

the Rockets have figured out the Jazz.

LakeShow
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
There is still the historical Adleman vs Sloan

Historically, Adleman Owns Sloan

90-91 Portland Trailblazers beat Utah Jazz (4-1) in WC semis
91-92 Portland Trailblazers beat Utah Jazz (4-2) in WC Finals
98-99 Utah Jazz beats Sacramento Kings (3-2) in the 1st round
01-02 Sacramento Kings beat Utah Jazz (3-1) in the 1st round
02-03 Sacramento Kings beat Utah Jazz (4-1) in the 1st round

the Rockets have figured out the Jazz.

:madrun:madrun I hope you guys don't fuck everything up. We Want the Jazz!