PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Suns

ShoogarBear
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
They fought like hell.

Get a new coach and they may still have another year or two of serious contention.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Who would have thought Nash would cost them this series. Outside of Game 1 he has been absolutely pitiful.

gmanrulz
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
get a new center that plays half as much as he talks

phyzik
That was a nail biter.... Nothing to be disapointed about. Your team fought it all the way, you just need a coach.

DazedAndConfused
If I'm SAS I'm a little worried at how terrible Ginobli has been since he got injured. NOH is a much better all around team than PHX. And their superstar won't choke in the clutch like Nash.

DespЏrado
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
That was about as ugly as you can play an elimination game and still win.

I'm glad we survived but the Spurs didn't look like the better team. They looked like the less horrible team. We can't depend on that many turnovers to get us the series later on.

Good job Spurs on gutting it out. And We'll see you next year Phoenix.

MI21
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
If they had a good coach they could beat the Spurs. For sure.

Trainwreck2100
They found something with Diaw at the three.

JMarkJohns
Nash really, really struggled. I think this is damn near the end. His tires haven't completely fallen off, but it's not long before this (http://http://www.geocities.com/the_beatbrothers/gfx/aami.jpg) happens.

On the bright side, Diaw has come alive. Maybe he's worth something after all?

SPARKY
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
On to the next round.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Suns lack the spice to make it nice. Poor Nash couldn't get it done again. I utterly respect him, but a lot of this series loss is on him.

To Xylus and a few other reasonable Suns fans around here, respect, see you next year. Your team was unlucky to face us in round one as we own you mentally. I said all along that (barring injury) the winner of this series will make the Finals.

To just about every other Suns fan on the planet, eat shit punks. :flipoff

GrandeDavid
It was a tough matchup for the Suns, but they played their asses off. In fairness, they blew Games 1 and 2, arguably. But on the other side of the coin, the Spurs dominated the Suns late in those games. Championship teams do that. Great series and good luck next season to the Suns.

jmard5
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Props to the Suns. Good game.

remingtonbo2001
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Good hard fought series.

Amare has definitely earned some respect.

BiZNicK
Great series, props to the Suns for the tough games. Though once again

Spurs > Suns

!!!

CarefreeAZ
If I'm SAS I'm a little worried at how terrible Ginobli has been since he got injured. NOH is a much better all around team than PHX. And their superstar won't choke in the clutch like Nash.

Dazed and Confused - You can bad mouth Nash all you want but everyone knows he would step up and put that dagger right in the heart of Laker nation if he had to. Congratulations on your first playoff series win since 2004.

Spider TX
04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Congrats to the Spurs for the series win. Sad sad as a Suns fan to watch the season come to an end in that manner, with 2 crucial turnovers by Nash, then Horry stealing the ball from him, and Diaw throwing one away. Nash just does not make those amazing passes like he did 2 and 3 years ago, and against a swarming team like the Spurs, it usually ends in disaster.

Do I think the Suns can still be a very competitive team next year constructed like this, yes, but I just do not see how they will somehow improve with one more year on the 2 old stars, and no young talent to step in there. It's rough to come to this realization, but I truly believe the Suns window has closed, and will hopefully reopen in about 4 years.

DBacks are 19-8 anyway! We had to endure them being horrendous for a couple years to get to this point while the Suns held Pheonix up with some great play, now it may just be time to flip the roles. Not like the Cardinals are going to do their part.

Congrats Spurs, and good luck with the Hornets, I really believe the experience is going to win out in 6, maybe 7, and a Spurs-Lakers matchup could be amazing.

dg7md
This is for the non-troll fans and hell, the players too. They showed class after the game and I am not going to encourage fellow Spurs fans to get cocky. We have a tough Hornets team next, and most importantly, the journey has just begun.

Anyway, I want to give an old fashioned :toast to the respectful Suns fans who posted here and give credit to the players for their behavior after the game. What a series, it did NOT feel like a 5 game one.

Louie Vega

ha ha ha ha yeah we're worried dude. You just worry about your team and how they matchup with the Jazz. And if by some fluke you make it past them you better be worried about a possible showdown with the SPurs. We just got done beating the Suns in 5. A much better team then Denver! YOu were supposed to beat a sorry Denver in a sweep. Man I hope we play the Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!11:flag::lobt:

gino>yourlife
:respect: to the very few of you out there

Str8Ballin
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM
I think I saw Shaq crying.

td4mvp21
04-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Exactly why we needed to win so bad. Any extra rest will help. I am concerned about Manu's health. Hopefully the Spurs won't play until next Monday or Tuesday.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
This series was way too much Tim for Phoenix.

Spider TX
Exactly why we needed to win so bad. Any extra rest will help. I am concerned about Manu's health. Hopefully the Spurs won't play until next Monday or Tuesday.

Spurs play Saturday.

SPARKY
Couldn't happen to a nicer group.

:)

Spurologist
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Mad props has to go out to Diaw. I thought his good performances were abberations but he kept showing up. Yeah he had smaller players on him but he was scoring at will out there.

BiZNicK
Hornets don't have the interior defense like the Suns did

I expect manu to work his magic in the paint

O-Factor
get a new center that plays half as much as he talks

+1

SpurAddict561
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
lmao, the Hornets are NOT a better all around team than the Suns

you gotta be kidding me

td4mvp21
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Spurs play Saturday.

Link?

td4mvp21
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
The Hornets will be tough. Not to mention the conference semis in a repeat year.....do I need to say anything else? The Hornets proved they aren't some young team that was a regular season hit and playoff failure. This is going to be tougher than the Suns series, unfortunately.

Spider TX
Link?

They just announced it on TNT, they said they do not have the exact time just yet, but Saturday is the day.

Ninja-Defense
I just wonder how the series would've played out if Suns never made the Shaq trade and D'Antoni realized Diaw could be the 2006 Diaw earlier in the series.

Aww, who am I kidding? We still would've won in 6!

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Dazed and Confused - You can bad mouth Nash all you want but everyone knows he would step up and put that dagger right in the heart of Laker nation if he had to. Congratulations on your first playoff series win since 2004.

Nash choked plain and simple. His play since Game 1 has been abysmal on both ends of the floor. Pretty disappointing from a two time MVP. His poor play is the reason your team lost.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Nash choked plain and simple. His play since Game 1 has been abysmal on both ends of the floor. Pretty disappointing from a two time MVP. His poor play is the reason your team lost.

who will win the spurs/hornets series?

td4mvp21
They just announced it on TNT, they said they do not have the exact time just yet, but Saturday is the day.

Damn, ok, thanks. That's still three solid days of rest but more would have been ideal. Anyway, sorry about your team losing, you appear to be one of the classy, intelligent Suns fans around here.

WildcardManu
Yeah, i think nash wasn't really into this series past game 2.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Spurs will beat NOH in 6.

K-State Spur
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
D'Antonio (for all of his faults) has really brought out the best in Nash.

A different coach probably turns Nash back into what he was in Dallas - good, but not quite elite (and now 6 years older).

Since Nash (still probably next year) is the guy who makes the Suns go, if they get a new coach, they may want to consider just blowing the whole thing up.

1Parker1
04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
If D'Antoni had thought of the lineup of Diaw, Shaq, and Amare a little earlier, that could have changed this whole series around possibly.

ballhog
04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Great series. I wish it would have been later in the playoffs, however.

DAF86
04-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Fuck! Now I have to change my sig.

phyzik
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Spurs will beat NOH in 6.

I hate to say it, but thats a pretty good guess.... I will take Spurs in 5 though.

Spider TX
04-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Damn, ok, thanks. That's still three solid days of rest but more would have been ideal. Anyway, sorry about your team losing, you appear to be one of the classy, intelligent Suns fans around here.

Appreciate it. I, I think along with much of the team, lost morale after that game 1 heartbreaker. With the way that one concluded, I lost a lot of hope for them, which made accepting this easier. I refused to believe the Spurs were the truly better team last season, but they won, and are champs, but this season, their mental edge really showed up. It is amazing either way how closely faught these games have been the last 2 seasons. The Spurs continue to come out ahead, but if 1 thing just falls differently in so many of those games, the outcome could have been very different, and I will be disappointed to not see these amazing games much more.

Good luck the rest of the way.

703 Spurz
04-30-2008, 12:06 AM

I concur. Game 1 is on Sat, time TBA

polandprzem
Congrats to some Suns players like Marks

Michi_Germany
Props to the Suns for a very hard fight and a really tough series!

Brutalis
I only respect their talent and game and that alone. Anything else can kiss my ass. Their attitude is bullshit, and getting calls all through game 5 and still losing is just f'd up.

Crawford was a fucking monkey ass tonight and we still won. So enjoy your offseason.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Appreciate it. I, I think along with much of the team, lost morale after that game 1 heartbreaker. With the way that one concluded, I lost a lot of hope for them, which made accepting this easier. I refused to believe the Spurs were the truly better team last season, but they won, and are champs, but this season, their mental edge really showed up. It is amazing either way how closely faught these games have been the last 2 seasons. The Spurs continue to come out ahead, but if 1 thing just falls differently in so many of those games, the outcome could have been very different, and I will be disappointed to not see these amazing games much more.

Thanks, all of what you said is pretty accurate.

Spider TX
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
For me, it just officially became baseball season. Title #2 to Phoenix, I can feel it!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM
I think the Spurs have just beaten they're toughest matchup of the post season.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM

Good to have you around Spider.

Borosai
04-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I dislike a number of things about the Suns, but they played hard as hell. Another year with the same players/system, PLUS a deeper bench and they will have another shot (even with D'Antoni, although that may take some convincing).

Anyways, my chest hurts. Fuck the playoffs.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 12:14 AM
This thread makes me laugh. Congrats? They lost in five games. Worse than last year.

All I hav to say is, "OOFFFFF with their head (coach)!"

Radiosparks
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Great series with some awesome and intense moments. Too bad it had to be the first series.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Great series with some awesome and intense moments. Too bad it had to be the first series.

+1

Avitus1
04-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats to the Suns on your new coach.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 12:34 AM

With our luck, it's D'Antoni and bust for another season.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 12:38 AM

http://www.thesportshernia.com/fucorner/images/doug_collins1.jpg

angel_luv
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
This thread makes me laugh. Congrats? They lost in five games. Worse than last year.

All I hav to say is, "OOFFFFF with their head (coach)!"

Agreed, except I say keep D'Antoni- he makes it all the easier for the Spurs to win.

T Park
04-30-2008, 01:23 AM
That was the toughest elimination game I've seen the Spurs have to win since Detroit game 7.

I say the Suns should get a backup point, give playing with Giricek, Hill and Shaq another season.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Suns team were too talented to go out the first round. They just got the unlucky draw.

timvp
04-30-2008, 01:28 AM
If I'm a Suns fan, the thing I'm most worried about is Nash getting old. He plays like he aged about five years since last season's playoffs.

Budkin
04-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Well, Dantoni is officially gone...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93614

Popo>Phil
04-30-2008, 01:41 AM
If I'm a Suns fan, the thing I'm most worried about is Nash getting old. He plays like he aged about five years since last season's playoffs.

I dont believe his bad performance was due to his age, he played quite well before Shaq's trade, the new system ruins him. But Shaq won't retire, and Nash will still play "like he aged about five years since last season's playoffs":toast:lol

Typhoon
04-30-2008, 02:52 AM
They fought like hell.

Get a new coach and they may still have another year or two of serious contention.

Fuck the Sons

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 03:00 AM

I didn't notice it so much in the middle of the series, and I thought it was just Bowen. But I guess it was easy to forget just how good this guy was a couple years ago. No way does the Nash in the last two games drop 48 points.

As much as a workout fiend Nash is, D'Antoni overplayed him in regular season.

His deceptive quickness and penetration skills were pretty much gone after game 2.

Jdspur20
04-30-2008, 04:12 AM

for the series:
18.2 ppg , 3.80 rpg, 2.0 apg....how is that terrible??? plus he was in foul trouble tonight.

worry about your own team holmes.

urunobili
04-30-2008, 05:35 AM
tough match up for us.. i am SO happy we don;t have to play them again!

homer
04-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Nash really, really struggled. I think this is damn near the end. His tires haven't completely fallen off, but it's not long before this (http://http://www.geocities.com/the_beatbrothers/gfx/aami.jpg) happens.

On the bright side, Diaw has come alive. Maybe he's worth something after all?

congrats suns and sfans. Ya'll put up ahelluvafight. I have alot of respect for what Nash has done in his carreer. I hope your new coach will find someone he can mentor for the upcoming season because IMO Nash will retire after next year before he starts embarassing himself. Shaq should too. Diaw has shown he's got a decent post-up game, and should be utilized that way a bit next year. Only bad thing about it is that it slow the team down and takes away from Amare's game. I've said too much. Again, Props to the Suns and their fans. Here's to ya,:toast.

Xylus
04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
:toast

It was an entertaining series, and even though we lost, it was great seeing some of our guys play with so much heart in those last couple of games. In the end, it might be a blessing that the Suns lost so early in the series: Kerr will likely fire D'Antoni now and hopefully we'll get a more defensive minded coach.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Get Carlisle up in this bitch!

ambchang
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
LOL at people thinking that Nash simply choked and ignored the fact that the Spurs designed their whole defense to take the ball out of his hands, and force Diaw and Stoudemire to make decisions throughout the series (Stoudemire in Games 1, 2 and 3, then Diaw in 4 and 5).

Spurs played pretty good defense throughout most of the series (except Game 4 of course), and that is the reason the Suns struggle. That is also the reason the Spurs can win these ugly games.

koriwhat
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
screw the suns... they get no respect from me. you talk shit you eat shit!

rAm
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Get Carlisle up in this bitch!

Agreed.

I thought Carlisle would fit in perfectly with the nuggs, but now that they have shown how stupid they are as a franchise collectively, the suns would be a good fit as well.

I felt like the Suns should of said fuck it last night and switched back to their old run and gun style. When they were running it was really causing problems with the spurs.