PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Hornets Game 1 Blog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Let me make this 12-0 for the Spurs when starting game blogs.

Here's to hoping we at least get a split in NO :toast

honestfool84
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
we're gonna win both of them man.
optimism.
im calling it in five, the series.

4001 STEREO SPUR
04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
¡uʍop ǝpısdn ɯǝɥʇ uɹnʇ ǝʍ ǝdoɥ ı
:downspin:

dbreiden83080
04-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Let me make this 12-0 for the Spurs when starting game blogs.

Here's to hoping we at least get a split in NO :toast

LMAO holy shit i just asked you to do it in the game thread, LOL alright we got this shit now

GO SPURS GO

Borosai
I'm impressed by your dedication. :lol

BiZNicK
we're gonna win both of them man.
optimism.
im calling it in five, the series.

You and me both :toast

td4mvp21
Tough series coming up. The Spurs need to get a split in the first two games.

duncan228
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Get ready, the Hornets fans and trolls should find ST any second.

gospursgojas
I say Spurs in 5.

They lose game 1 on account of tiredness and being on the road.

Make their adjustments and win 4 straight.

spursfaninla
how did he write upside down, that is crazy

MannyIsGod
04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Spurs in six. NO is good.

DAF86
04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Amuseddaysleeper our savior

:worthy:

Slomo
04-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey edit the title.

Don't choke under pressure! :lol

Avitus1
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I'll put it Spurs in 6.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Hey edit the title.

Don't choke under pressure! :lol

:lol

I've gone by way of the Suns again!

Hopefully a mod can clean up the thread title since I can't edit it anymore

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Spurs in 5!! They will lose the 1st game(I hope they don't), and then they0ll win 4 in a row!!!

mVp
04-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Spurs in 7... hopefully 6!

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 01:28 AM
I like the Spurs in 6 games. NO is going to win at least 2. Id be shocked if they didnt. They have a damn good team that will go down swinging.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 01:29 AM
NO is a good team.

I'd love for Barry and Horry to show up.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2008, 01:36 AM
I can't see our big 3 averaging 85 ppg again in this next series as NO is 100 times the defensive team the Suns were.

Our bench needs to step up in a big way (and Fin needs to average around 10 ppg) for the Spurs to take this.

efrem1
04-30-2008, 01:53 AM
The safe pick. Spurs in 6. At least by beating PHX, the team gets four days rest.

Shaolin-Style
04-30-2008, 02:49 AM
Hopefully Manu's rest makes for an impactful return.

spurscenter
04-30-2008, 02:58 AM
Home Court --- sucks, that we dont have it

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I kinda like not starting out with the HCA. I love SA's chances of getting game 1 on the road.

Of course, should this series go seven, then I'll probably end up eating my words, but I like the idea of getting a split, defending our home floor, and then finishing things at the AT&T Center in game 6.

Pero
04-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Spurs in 6.

Deuces88
04-30-2008, 06:10 AM
This is my take on it:

I notice that Duncan hasn't been going to his post game much in the Suns series. I assume he decided it was better to bring Shaq out of the post and shoot jumpers (if necessary), because it would also free up the post for easy passes inside to either Oberto or Thomas. Furthermore, it was convenient for the pick and roll which Suns are bad at defending.

I think we may see Duncan go more into his post-up game against the Hornets. I don't think Chandler can stop Duncan for even a minute. No one can stop Ginobli and the reason is...Ginobli is unpredictable and he has a fading shot that's hard to block. Most of the time, the only person that can stop Ginobli is himself. They also cannot stop Parker. Parker will blow past Paul and most of the others. Also, Parker likes to run and look for opportunities. If Hornets lapse on their team defense for even a minute, Parker will make them pay.

The Hornets gameplay seem to feed off of Chris Paul. If we have a Jacque Vaughn or Bruce Bowen in, then we have an answer to Paul. Of course, we also need to worry about Peja and Mo., so it will be up to Popovich to get the right balance of offense and defense and I believe Popovich can do that. He is the most efficient coach in the league.

The Hornets are inexperienced. Now, that may not mean much to most but usually inexperienced teams play on emotion. Experienced teams, like the Spurs, play consistently no matter what the situation and no matter whose home court they play on. That will be a big factor especially if Spurs win game 1 or 2 or both. That will kind of deflate the Hornets as an inexperienced team.

Experience, Spurs Big 3 and Efficient Coaching - Efficient Offense/Defense Balance will be the key. Oh, and adaptation. It seems the Spurs found a way to beat the Hornets because during the season they beat the Hornets by 11 I think. They limited Paul to 5 assists which is big knowing how many assists Paul usually dishes out. Furthermore, that was only a season game. Spurs seems to be the only team that actually half-asses it during the season and plays at their best in the playoffs. That's definitely a big deal.

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 06:54 AM
You guys split the regular season with us and we had some games where we blew the Spurs out by 20. I know the Spurs are better in the post season but then again so are the Hornets. This series will go 7 and it will not be easy for either team. The Hornets are the 2 seed but really I see these two teams pretty even except the Spurs have more playoff experience. (That didnt help the Mavs though) If we protect our home court and you guys protect your floor the Hornets win in 7.

remingtonbo2001
04-30-2008, 07:05 AM
:wow They do exsist.

Pero
04-30-2008, 07:06 AM
(That didnt help the Mavs though)

Mavs don't count. :lol

Pero
04-30-2008, 07:06 AM
:wow They do exsist.

:lmao

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
. I have a lot of respect for the Spurs really and this will be the Hornets biggest test even if we advance to face the Lakers. You have to beat the defending Champs to get the right to play in the Championship. It will not be an easy series even though we beat the Spurs by twenty twice this season. Once on your floor and once on ours. You guys might take the Hornets lightly but I doubt seasoned players like Parker and Duncan are doing that. They are probably watching game film as we speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-pWyc_F_0&feature=related

hsxvvd
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
If we had to be beaten, I'd want the Hornets to do so more than any other Western Conference team that made the playoffs.

We finally can silence the Suns and Mavs trolls, and now we calling out the Hornets trolls... least this first one seems respectful.

I have never really understood the hatred of the Spurs, unlike the Lakers and Bulls runs, the Spurs players have remained humble throughout the entire dynasty. I hated the Bulls but respected them. The Lakers... they didn't deserve it, they weren't really that good.:wakeup

ElNono
04-30-2008, 07:51 AM
. I have a lot of respect for the Spurs really and this will be the Hornets biggest test even if we advance to face the Lakers. You have to beat the defending Champs to get the right to play in the Championship. It will not be an easy series even though we beat the Spurs by twenty twice this season. Once on your floor and once on ours. You guys might take the Hornets lightly but I doubt seasoned players like Parker and Duncan are doing that. They are probably watching game film as we speak.

I don't think anybody thinks your team is 'easy' or is taking your team lightly. That said, you're putting too much stock on the regular season. We got beat up pretty badly by the Suns also in the regular season, and well, you see what happens in the playoffs.
NO needs to win both of their first two games in big easy if they want to make this a long series.

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 07:56 AM
If we had to be beaten, I'd want the Hornets to do so more than any other Western Conference team that made the playoffs.

We finally can silence the Suns and Mavs trolls, and now we calling out the Hornets trolls... least this first one seems respectful.

I have never really understood the hatred of the Spurs, unlike the Lakers and Bulls runs, the Spurs players have remained humble throughout the entire dynasty. I hated the Bulls but respected them. The Lakers... they didn't deserve it, they weren't really that good.:wakeup

No reason to be disrespectful. You guys have earned your stripes. Spurs are like the "New England Patriots" of basket ball. Regardless of the fact that We won the division and got the higher seed I expect the post season to be much different and we will have to step up our game to hang with the Spurs. We are youthful and are well coached and well conditioned. So far we have not let anyone intimidate us like a team with little playoff experience normally would. I credit coach of the year Byron Scott for that. I realize the Spurs have been there and the Hornets window is just now opening. This is a team that we will see in the playoffs for years to come and what we learn against great teams like the Spurs will help us mature even more as a team.

On a side note I have an uncle and cousins in Universal city just outside of San Antonio and I will probably be giving him a call to get a room ready for me. I want to see all of this series.

TampaDude
04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
You guys split the regular season with us and we had some games where we blew the Spurs out by 20. I know the Spurs are better in the post season but then again so are the Hornets. This series will go 7 and it will not be easy for either team. The Hornets are the 2 seed but really I see these two teams pretty even except the Spurs have more playoff experience. (That didnt help the Mavs though) If we protect our home court and you guys protect your floor the Hornets win in 7.

Welcome to SpursTalk!

The Hornets are the real deal this season...CP3 is a machine...this is gonna be a very tough series. I still think the Spurs' big game experience will win out, though. Spurs in 6.

LET'S GET IT ON!!! :toast

stepmonkey
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
If we protect our home court and you guys protect your floor the Hornets win in 7.

Duh!

CubanMustGo
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Welcome to SpursTalk - it's always a pleasure to meet fans of other teams who are willing to engage in intelligent discourse.

NO is going to be a tough series, no doubt about it, and it would not surprise me to see the Hornets win. That's especially true if Ginobili continues to struggle with his injury.

At the same time, you keep talking about how NO beat SA twice by 20 in the regular season. Ask Cleveland how their 2-0 regular series record against SA translated to the postseason in 2007, or Phoenix how they did this year after going 3-1. Hey, Phoenix won game 4 by 20 but still ended up losing the series - Pop knows when to cut his losses.

Here's to a good series, and may the winner represent the WC in the Finals. :toast

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Hornets fan here. :toast

I didn't even realize I registered on this site. Nevertheless, it'll be a tough series. I'm predicting Hornets in 7. Chris Paul has gotten the better of Parker and in all honestly.....Parker is good, but Chris Paul is better.

Duncan is the best there is.....but David West's perimeter shooting will force Duncan out of the paint a little and that will be key.

Finally, the Hornets defense on Ginobili will go a long way in determining this series. I truly believe Bonzi and Julian Wright will play some good defense on Manu. Also, the Hornets conditioning and young legs will give SA fits all series.

Either way, I like the Spurs and their fans WAY better than the Lakers or Mavs fans. You guys are classy and so is your organization. It's unbelievable after 4 championships, you guys STILL get picked to lose playoff series against teams that can't play a lick of defense...

E20
04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
:clap LET'S DO THIS!!! :clap
:flag::flag::flag:
:lobt::lobt::lobt:

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:24 AM

Do you live in New Orleans?

I've been to 3 Spurs games at the N.O. Arena. The Spurs won the first 2 in half-empty arenas. The third time the place was mostly full and the Hornets opened a big fourth-quarter can. I imagine the place will sell out, making tickets either hard to come by or too expensive. Are you going to the games?

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I love how the city has come together in support of the Hornets. Really, it will make beating them much more meaningful. But I like their team and think they have a very bright future.

We do, however, need to fix the PA guy in the Hive. Every time Chris Paul does something, they play this high-pitched "wooooo!", followed with the crowd echoing it. "Woooo!" "Wooooooooooo!" What's up with that? Is it in some rap video or something?

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I've been to 3 Spurs games at the N.O. Arena. The Spurs won the first 2 in half-empty arenas. The third time the place was mostly full and the Hornets opened a big fourth-quarter can. I imagine the place will sell out, making tickets either hard to come by or too expensive. Are you going to the games?

This year, the series was split 2-2

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Hornets fan here. :toast

I didn't even realize I registered on this site. Nevertheless, it'll be a tough series. I'm predicting Hornets in 7. Chris Paul has gotten the better of Parker and in all honestly.....Parker is good, but Chris Paul is better.

Duncan is the best there is.....but David West's perimeter shooting will force Duncan out of the paint a little and that will be key.

Finally, the Hornets defense on Ginobili will go a long way in determining this series. I truly believe Bonzi and Julian Wright will play some good defense on Manu. Also, the Hornets conditioning and young legs will give SA fits all series.

Either way, I like the Spurs and their fans WAY better than the Lakers or Mavs fans. You guys are classy and so is your organization. It's unbelievable after 4 championships, you guys STILL get picked to lose playoff series against teams that can't play a lick of defense...

Who do we use on Duncan? Chandler? West? Who ever gets that assignment better bring their A game. Also the Refs better call a fair game. Dirk is a huge Flopper but Manu Genoble is a "Jeteye" at flopping.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I love how the city has come together in support of the Hornets. Really, it will make beating them much more meaningful. But I like their team and think they have a very bright future.

We do, however, need to fix the PA guy in the Hive. Every time Chris Paul does something, they play this high-pitched "wooooo!", followed with the crowd echoing it. "Woooo!" "Wooooooooooo!" What's up with that? Is it in some rap video or something?

Actually, that's Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair's voice. That was a chant the Hornets organization started whenever Baron Davis scored. They decided to keep it going when CP got here.

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:32 AM
I hate it. We know when to cheer, thank you. Don't need all the sound effects and music, or sideshows.

The Spurs' PA people aren't any better, though.

The first couple of times I saw the Silver & Black in the Hive, it was about 1/3 full of Spurs fans. That, I imagine, will change. I might be the drop of black in a sea of teal.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Who do we use on Duncan? Chandler? West? Who ever gets that assignment better bring their A game. Also the Refs better call a fair game. Dirk is a huge Flopper but Manu Genoble is a "Jeteye" at flopping.

I honestly think Scott will switch different people on Duncan. I think he'll start out with a Chandler-Armstrong rotation and see how that goes.

Either way, the hornets will HAVE to experiment with a bigger lineup throughout this series to have a rebounding edge.

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Do you live in New Orleans?

I do live in the City of New Orleans and I am one who has decided to rebuild and return. An amazing transformation has taken place in New Orleans since the All-Star game. We have fallen in love with the round ball and Season tickets for next year are selling like hot cakes and the Hornets havent even tried to push those yet. Winning goes a long way as does having a potential Hall of famer in Chris Paul.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I do live in the City of New Orleans and I am one who has decided to rebuild and return. An amazing transformation has taken place in New Orleans since the All-Star game. We have fallen in love with the round ball and Season tickets for next year are selling like hot cakes and the Hornets havent even tried to push those yet. Winning goes a long way as does having a potential Hall of famer in Chris Paul.

Yes it does. The city has fallen in love with this team so much that it seems Saints owner Tom Benson is getting a little jealous! :lol

alamo50
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Finally, a proper PG matchup!

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
What part of town?

I live in the East, near the lake, and took 9" of water in my house. I go to school at the Seminary on Gentilly.

Really, I've generally pulled for the Hornets this year. But their magical year ends soon.

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes it does. The city has fallen in love with this team so much that it seems Saints owner Tom Benson is getting a little jealous! :lol

Lets not bring Benson up on the San Antonio forum now. By the way, I bet if he shows up in this series he will have a San Antonio Spurs hat on. :hat

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 09:40 AM
What part of town?

I live in the East, near the lake, and took 9" of water in my house. I go to school at the Seminary on Gentilly.

Really, I've generally pulled for the Hornets this year. But their magical year ends soon.

Really

I'll be playing Jazz there this morning. LOL small world.
I'm in Gentilly and know what its like to be a pioneer. Wilderness isnt all that bad once you get used to it.

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Pioneer is right!

This town is full of wild outlaws, and we need more sheriffs!

Gentilly got it much worse than my neighborhood.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I live in the East. Right off Hayne past Bullard.

New Orleans baby! :tu

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I live off Hayne just to the west of Bullard.

New Orleans baby!!

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 09:53 AM

New Orleans baby!!

Whoa! Hold up, what street you live on??

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Berg.

Are you a chick?

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Berg.

Are you a chick?

Lol, nah bro.

I live on Pebble by the way.

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I know the area well. For a non-local, I've gotten to know the city very well.

Alright then, perhaps we can organize a small get together to watch the games, because tickets are likely to be hard to come by and expensive.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Alright then, perhaps we can organize a small get together to watch the games, because tickets are likely to be hard to come by and expensive.

I'm with ya on that. I'll let you know though. I'm a bee-mail subscriber so I MIGHT be able to get some tickets for game 1.

loveforthegame
04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I can't see our big 3 averaging 85 ppg again in this next series as NO is 100 times the defensive team the Suns were.

Our bench needs to step up in a big way (and Fin needs to average around 10 ppg) for the Spurs to take this.

The role players will have to step up in this series. I don't think the big 3 can do it alone again either. I wonder if they'll bother to get Finley some looks? He was shooting well to end the season and shot the ball well in the first two games then they never looked to him again.

G-Nob
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
If we protect our home court and you guys protect your floor the Hornets win in 7.

Check out the big brain on Brad!!!

1Parker1
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Spurs need to remember, CP3's acting job is the reason why Bowen's streak of 500 consecutive starts ended. :makemyday

Hornets are a very tough match up for the Spurs, as they are athletic and quick and Bonzi Wells has historically done well against us. This series is going to come down to two things; Ginobili's health and Ime Udoka. If Ginobili is healthy...at least 90%, the Hornets don't really have anyone who can stop him. Ime Udoka may get the job of defending Peja/Bonzi/or even West at times in this series. That's going to be huge if he can hold his own and make some shots.

That said, this whole "experience" thing that many Hornets fans and media is overlooking is very misleading. Experience does matter, and ultimately I think that's what may push the Spurs over the top. Saying Dallas had an edge over the Hornets due to their postseason experience is misleading; Dallas is something like 3-14 in the last two postseasons after taking a 2-0 lead against the Heat in the Finals in 06. Dallas isn't a veteran team with playoff experience. Hornets are going to have to adjust to the added pressure not only in the postseason, but in the 2nd round, against a Spurs team that has been doing this for years. That makes a big difference.

duncan228
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
That said, this whole "experience" thing that many Hornets fans and media is overlooking is very misleading. Experience does matter, and ultimately I think that's what may push the Spurs over the top.

Experience can make the difference.
Duncan, last night:

On the importance of experience -"There is no substitute for experience. Guys don’t panic, we don’t for the most part take bad shots. We come down, we execute, we make the right plays and take the right shots, they don’t always go in but we put ourselves in situations to win games down the stretch. We do it by making the right decisions and that comes from experience and from being together and from knowing what you want out of those situations.”

kbyanks21
04-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Spurs in 6. We might shock them in game 1 although we're not always great on game 1s, but we always adjust for game 2.

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Easy man. I'm a playoff Newb. Jeese! O.K. so I stated the obvious.

cjjr72984
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM

I want a big kahuna burger now, lol

kingsfan
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
GO HORNETS!!! :toast

Sigz
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Off topic.. can someone direct me to that picture that someone edited with Pop standing next to "Loser" and D'antoni's head was in a circle?

:lamo

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
If the Hornets want to improve their chances of winning this series, Peja, Wells, and Chandler will have to really step their offensive games up. I expect Paul/West to get their stats but IMO I feel the difference in making this a long series hinges on those 3 players.

Im not saying this will happen or it wont happen. Im saying this is what needs to be done if NO wants to really make this a series they could put themselves in position to win.

VoiceofReason
04-30-2008, 08:13 PM
If the Hornets want to improve their chances of winning this series, Peja, Wells, and Chandler will have to really step their offensive games up. I expect Paul/West to get their stats but IMO I feel the difference in making this a long series hinges on those 3 players.

Im not saying this will happen or it wont happen. Im saying this is what needs to be done if NO wants to really make this a series they could put themselves in position to win.

As much as it pains me to say so, I think you're at least partially correct. Wells is due for a big game or two in the playoffs, and they may as well be against the Spurs. Chandler doesn't need to score a ton, but it would help if he added another 6 or 8 per game for this series. Peja will hit timely shots, and that will be good enough.

I don't for a minute underestimate the Spurs. This will be a very tough series, but I really think the Hornets will take it. I wouldn't have made this prediction a few weeks ago, but I think the Hornets have the speed and athleticism to do it. I don't worry about the experience factor except to the extent that D West and Chandler allow their emotions to get the better of them. They have improved on that score . . . so I'm hopeful.

oboymeetsogirl
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
The Hornets crushed the Spurs twice this year, doing great things for their confidence. That's the good news for the Hornets.

The bad news: by now, everyone knows that Pop's approach to regular season games is more as "practice" for the playoffs. As the Cavs last year, and the Suns this year, quickly learned: regular season wins/losses mean almost nothing to this team. Part of me practically thinks Pop lost on purpose to the Hornets this past season just to see how this team gets off, giving him more material to plan for, and to inject a healthy amount of fear and respect in the Spurs.

To a man, the Spurs players say they play better and with more focus when they fear and respect their opponents. The Suns talked about the Spurs' gamemanship, their mental discipline and sheer will and ability to execute, no matter how strong the Suns came out against them. Yes, experience and cohesion count, even trumping talent and pride. Two time-MVP Nash, and one-time Coach of the Year D'Antoni, would be the first ones to tell you that.

But are the Hornets even as talented as the Spurs? Well, there are four future hall of famers on the Spurs squad: Timmy, Pop, Tony and Manu. If he stays healthy and maintains his balance, Chris Paul has a hall of fame future. But after that, who else on the Hornets squad? Case closed.

Ergo: the Suns equaled (or according to them, surpassed) the Spurs in talent, but fell woefully short in the areas of playoff gamemanship, experience and focus. The Hornets are younger, but hardly "more talented," and they have even less playoff experience than the Suns.

So who, besides Charles Barkley, is choosing the Hornets to win more than a game or two in the next series? Even if I wasn't a Spurs man, I wouldn't bet on the Hornets.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
As much as it pains me to say so, I think you're at least partially correct. Wells is due for a big game or two in the playoffs, and they may as well be against the Spurs.

I don't think Hornet fans realize yet that Bonzi is one of the most feared Spur Killers ever.

VoiceofReason
04-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't think Hornet fans realize yet that Bonzi is one of the most feared Spur Killers ever.

Actually, I do watch the NBA.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM
That wasn't a dig. No particular reason for you to know what Bonzi did to the Spurs routinely when he was with Portland, Sacramento, and Houston.

VoiceofReason
04-30-2008, 08:59 PM
But are the Hornets even as talented as the Spurs? Well, there are four future hall of famers on the Spurs squad: Timmy, Pop, Tony and Manu.

I've been to San Antonio a few times, but I never realized how many comedians follow its NBA team.

VoiceofReason
04-30-2008, 09:01 PM
That wasn't a dig. No particular reason for you to know what Bonzi did to the Spurs routinely when he was with Portland, Sacramento, and Houston.

No problem. But, actually, I've watched Bonzi over the years, and I hope he steps up in this series.

P.S. I wouldn't say he's ugly, but they cover the clocks at the New Orleans Arena?

tonylongoriafan
04-30-2008, 09:20 PM
spurs in 3 and 1/2

Man in the Arena
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
But are the Hornets even as talented as the Spurs? Well, there are four future hall of famers on the Spurs squad: Timmy, Pop, Tony and Manu. If he stays healthy and maintains his balance, Chris Paul has a hall of fame future. But after that, who else on the Hornets squad? Case closed.

So who, besides Charles Barkley, is choosing the Hornets to win more than a game or two in the next series? Even if I wasn't a Spurs man, I wouldn't bet on the Hornets.

First off, regarding the Hall of Fame status...
Chris Paul and Tim Duncan? Guarantees.
Coach Popovich? Definitely.
Coach Scott? Absolutely, for his playing and coaching careers.
Manu and/or Parker? Maybe. But, then, how do you deny one of the best shooters in the league's history (Peja) or D-West if he continues his current play?

With that out of the way... I feel like you haven't watched the Hornets at all this year. Which isn't terribly surprising, considering that you're a Spurs fan and considering how much the national media slept on them. You're really not giving the team enough credit. To compare the Hornets to this year's Suns (and to think the Spurs will handle them the same way) is insulting. Sure it was the regular season, but the Hornets handed the Spurs their two worst losses of the year (102-78 and 100-75). That's not a fluke; that's because the Hornets are a great team. As are the Spurs. And I should stress the word "team" in both those sentences. The Hornets depend on one another, and they trust each other. It's the same for the Spurs. These teams were both built with a specific plan in mind... they weren't just thrown together. Trust me, it took long enough for the Hornets to get to this point (I sat through the 18-win season, I should know).

This series will be a long one. It won't be easy for us, but don't think we'll make it easy on you. I think these teams match up well, and I can't wait for Saturday night. I'll be there, booing anytime y'all touch the ball.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Manu and/or Parker? Maybe. But, then, how do you deny one of the best shooters in the league's history (Peja) or D-West if he continues his current play?

With that out of the way... I feel like you haven't watched the Hornets at all this year. Which isn't terribly surprising, considering that you're a Spurs fan and considering how much the national media slept on them. You're really not giving the team enough credit. To compare the Hornets to this year's Suns (and to think the Spurs will handle them the same way) is insulting. Sure it was the regular season, but the Hornets handed the Spurs their two worst losses of the year (102-78 and 100-75). That's not a fluke; that's because the Hornets are a great team. As are the Spurs. And I should stress the word "team" in both those sentences. The Hornets depend on one another, and they trust each other. It's the same for the Spurs. These teams were both built with a specific plan in mind... they weren't just thrown together. Trust me, it took long enough for the Hornets to get to this point (I sat through the 18-win season, I should know).

This series will be a long one. It won't be easy for us, but don't think we'll make it easy on you. I think these teams match up well, and I can't wait for Saturday night. I'll be there, booing anytime y'all touch the ball.

What if i don't actually touch the ball? :)

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll be there, booing anytime y'all touch the ball.

Why?

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
:lol Paul is not a guaranteed HoFer yet.

oboymeetsogirl
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Actually, I do watch the NBA.

For a guy who watches the NBA, you sure don't know much. Oh, of course, you're a Hornets guy, and this is the first time your team has advanced in the playoffs, so we forgive you for not paying much attention to the fact that since the days of the Showtime Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Jordan and da Bulls and Hakeem the Dream's Rockets, over 90% of the time it's teams with more than raw talent, but also with hardcore experience and stable, cohesive lineups, who usually prevail as you get deeper into the playoffs.

Hence, the four championship banners hanging in our rafters, and zero in New Orleans.

The Hornets have had a great year. New Orleans deserves a winner. We give props to Paul, just like we do to Nash, Shaq, LeBron and Kobe. But unfortunately, the Spurs are not as old and creaky as some people make them out to be. If you want to talk "big and smart," you have to prove yourself first. Come back to us in a two weeks. If the Hornets beat the Spurs, then you can crow all you like.

Meantime, I'd have to say that a truly astute NBA fan would never be so quick to predict the demise of teams like Spurs, who have been dominating the league much the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons and Rockets in their glory days, even if you are a fan of a young, unproven team.

Don Quixote
04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
No problem. But, actually, I've watched Bonzi over the years, and I hope he steps up in this series.

P.S. I wouldn't say he's ugly, but they cover the clocks at the New Orleans Arena?

Bonzi is pretty ugly. And Sam Cassell is fugly.

But the ugliest one of all is Delonte West. That is one ugly dude.

Man in the Arena
04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Why?

Carryover from this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8WXVJQ06Sk

After that play, the entire Arena booed the Spurs every single time they had possession. Fourth quarter: Spurs 8, Hornets 24. It can't hurt to try it for a whole game.

ShoogarBear, if you've followed Chris Paul's career (especially this season), you know that he's a very special player. Although he wouldn't be an automatic HOF entry if he were to retire next month, he's certainly on the right path. The records that he's set (or matched), the company he's in when comparing him to other players, and the type of leader he is... all of these things point in that direction. But you'll have the next two weeks to learn all about that ;).

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh you mean the game where Paul hit Bowen in the balls and Bowen got suspended. Thanks for clarifying :tu

oboymeetsogirl
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM

You want "credit?" Sure, we'll give you credit: great season! Chris Paul... unbelievable play, man... way to clobber the Mavs!

But to get enough credit to be spoken of in the same breath as a team that's gone all the way three times over the past five years, then you have to do better than get past the first round. Sure, you may beat the Spurs (which is unlikely), but then you need to get past either the Lakers, Jazz or Rockets, who deserve a lot more credit than the Hornets (since the Jazz at least got to the WC finals last year, the Rockets and McGrady have been banging on the door in recent years, and the Lakers have a legendary coach and are led by a three-time winner named Bryant).

But until you can get past the Spurs and what may come after that, I'm sorry but you get no playoff level "credit." This is something that has to be earned, sonny-boy. So why don't you go back to your couch, watch and learn? If you beat us, I'll be the first to congratulate you. But how about demanding "credit" after the fact, not before it?

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Although he wouldn't be an automatic HOF entry if he were to retire next month,

I think that was his point, its still too soon. That being said, if he keeps going the way he has been so far, he will be a lock.

Man in the Arena
04-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh you mean the game where Paul hit Bowen in the balls and Bowen got suspended. Thanks for clarifying :tu

Chris was trying to contain the basketball. Another type of ball just got in the way. Other than CP's ribs, I'm not sure what Bowen was trying to kick.

Two sides to every story. I'm not gonna change your mind. I was at that game, and nothing will change my mind.

But until you can get past the Spurs and what may come after that, I'm sorry but you get no playoff level "credit." This is something that has to be earned, sonny-boy. So why don't you go back to your couch, watch and learn? If you beat us, I'll be the first to congratulate you. But how about demanding "credit" after the fact, not before it?

Demanding credit? I'm good, thanks. Don't give my team any credit. I'm fine with that. But I'm shocked you think that the series might be over in 5 games (as evidenced by your question if anyone is picking the Hornets to win more than 1 or 2 games). I won't be surprised if the Spurs win the series; I'll be disappointed but not surprised. I'll be damn surprised if the series doesn't go 6 or 7 games.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I can see it going 5....then again, I can also see it going 7.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 11:12 PM

What could possibly make you think that Chris Paul would ever hit another player in the groin?

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1140/Chris-Paul-Punches-Julius-Hodge.html

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Chris was trying to contain the basketball. Another type of ball just got in the way. Other than CP's ribs, I'm not sure what Bowen was trying to kick.

Two sides to every story. I'm not gonna change your mind. I was at that game, and nothing will change my mind.

Fair enough. Bowen probably "kicked" him because he got hit in the balls.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
What could possibly make you think that Chris Paul would ever hit another player in the groin?

http://www.extremesportclips.com/video/1140/Chris-Paul-Punches-Julius-Hodge.html

Man in the Arena
05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I can see it going 5....then again, I can also see it going 7.

That's the weird thing about the West this year. Everyone expected the first round to have some of the most competitive games in league history, and three series ended in five games or fewer. So nothing will surprise me, but I still expect Hornets-Spurs to go seven games.

I'll say one thing... who the hell thought the first round of the East would be so compelling?

Spuradicator
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
This will be a different Spurs team, than the regular season Spurs team.

I don't think the Hornets realize that.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2008, 02:04 AM
CP3 is dirty, watch out. The dude punched Julius Hodge in the nuts in a college game and has done the same to Bowen already.

Cant wait to see him get owned

MissouriSpur
05-01-2008, 08:13 AM
CP 3 I forgot he punched a dude in the jewels once in college. Bonzi Wells is a punk. I like Parker to be able to contain cp3.

cjjr72984
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
CP3 is dirty, watch out. The dude punched Julius Hodge in the nuts in a college game and has done the same to Bowen already.

Cant wait to see him get owned

Lol! CP3 is dirty huh. He punched a guy down-low one time in college and he's been playing clean, lights out basketball since he's been in the NBA and you call him dirty. Awww man o man.

oboymeetsogirl
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
If a "dirty" CP3 makes the Spurs look like boy scouts, I love it. And I'm sure the Spurs would love it, too. It seems that every time you knock down a Spur, it gets harder to beat them.

ElNono
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
To put this series in perspective, we can look at the NJ Nets of '03. Kidd was probably at his peak back then, with playoff experience and probably better than Paul is today. Same thing with KMart and Chandler. Pretty much the same thing with David West and Richard Jefferson. Their 3pt guy back then was Kerry Kittles, and Peja is definitely better. Same coach.
All in all, I think that Nets team was better than this Hornets team, and as far as the Spurs goes, we're much more experienced than back then, especially Tony and Manu.
We don't have DRob, but then this Hornets team plays basically with just Chandler up front. Bonzi might come in, but I think Thomas can do a good job on him. The other thing with Bonzi is that if the offense runs through him, then Paul, Chandler and Peja will get out of rhythm sooner or later. See Boris Diaw in the Suns series.

While I don't think it will be a cakewalk, just like that Nets team was not a cakewalk, I don't think it's going to be as difficult as some predict.
A lot will depend on Manu's health. If he's fine, I think we can have this series in 5 or 6 games. Stealing one of the first two in NO is imperative.

One other thing to be on the lookout for is Chandler's foul situation. Guarding Tim is no easy feat, and fouls can add up quickly on him.

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
http://svmomblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/29/fly_splat_converted.jpg

VoiceofReason
05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Kidd was probably at his peak back then, with playoff experience and probably better than Paul is today.

However, it will be a tough series for both teams.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 11:53 AM
:lol Paul is not a guaranteed HoFer yet.

Of course he is Sportscenter just confirmed it with Stephen A Asshole yelling in the background.

oboymeetsogirl
05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
To put this series in perspective, we can look at the NJ Nets of '03. Kidd was probably at his peak back then, with playoff experience and probably better than Paul is today. Same thing with KMart and Chandler. Pretty much the same thing with David West and Richard Jefferson. Their 3pt guy back then was Kerry Kittles, and Peja is definitely better. Same coach.
All in all, I think that Nets team was better than this Hornets team, and as far as the Spurs goes, we're much more experienced than back then, especially Tony and Manu.
We don't have DRob, but then this Hornets team plays basically with just Chandler up front. Bonzi might come in, but I think Thomas can do a good job on him. The other thing with Bonzi is that if the offense runs through him, then Paul, Chandler and Peja will get out of rhythm sooner or later. See Boris Diaw in the Suns series.

While I don't think it will be a cakewalk, just like that Nets team was not a cakewalk, I don't think it's going to be as difficult as some predict.
A lot will depend on Manu's health. If he's fine, I think we can have this series in 5 or 6 games. Stealing one of the first two in NO is imperative.

One other thing to be on the lookout for is Chandler's foul situation. Guarding Tim is no easy feat, and fouls can add up quickly on him.

Hmmm... never thought of it from that perspective -- the Spurs playing another Byron Scott coached team -- and it makes sense.

I have fond memories of Scott, btw. Although Magic, Kareem and Worthy were the Showtime Lakers' "Big Three," they didn't really function without Scott. His being injured was the reason why the Lakers got clobbered by the Pistons that one year in the finals. Scott, I think, was as important to those Lakers as Bowen is to the Spurs today. In different ways, of course. The Spurs may have their Big Three, but the machine doesn't really function without Bruce putting the clamps on each perimeter's best players.

In any case, Scott is obviously a terrific coach, and I always thought he pulled off miracles getting the Nets to those two finals. But unfortunately for him, he can't go out and make the plays himself. The Spurs will come in having a healthy respect for the Hornets, but I have a feeling that the disparity in postseason experience will show in numerous ways down the stretch.

Anyway, Hornets fans: I'm thrilled by your team's recent success, and I was rooting for them to beat on the Mavs all along. Too bad you weren't seeded to meet the Lakers or the Rockets, because as a Spurs fan I now have to root against your team...

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
This will be a different Spurs team, than the regular season Spurs team.

I don't think the Hornets realize that.

That's what they're about to find out.

Scott has lost to us before. So, he better prepare them for the difference.

Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, + ...

In a best of 7 series.

Parker and Bowen will slow CP3 down.

Look at what the Spurs (esp Bowen and Tim) did against LeBron.

Wow. I have serious questions whether this will be competitive.

:nope

SAGambler
05-01-2008, 04:01 PM

I don't think anyone is take NO lightly. I think it's just that NO is going to play a Spurs team they have never seen before. It called the Playoff Spurs. When the REAL Spurs take the floor.

Plus NO is riding an emotional high. They have just won their first playoff series ever. When they come down off that high, they are going to find the 4 time NBA Champs awaiting them. Emotion won't win the series for them.

In fact, if Spurs defense can force a few early turnovers, you may just watch CP3 come unraveled before your eyes. Also see how quick TD puts Chandler on the bench with foul trouble.

I predict Spurs in 5.

Teal Street
05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think anyone is take NO lightly. I think it's just that NO is going to play a Spurs team they have never seen before. It called the Playoff Spurs. When the REAL Spurs take the floor.

Plus NO is riding an emotional high. They have just won their first playoff series ever. When they come down off that high, they are going to find the 4 time NBA Champs awaiting them. Emotion won't win the series for them.

In fact, if Spurs defense can force a few early turnovers, you may just watch CP3 come unraveled before your eyes. Also see how quick TD puts Chandler on the bench with foul trouble.

I predict Spurs in 5.

I think both teams have amped it up. Did you not see the stats Paul is putting up? Look you guys are Champions, we are the underdogs and we will just have to rise above your level of play. We are capable of much more than you might be expecting. I am really looking forward to facing the Spurs and like our players, look forward to the challenge.

As for emotional high, there was no celebaration in the locker room. Chris Paul said 4 down 12 to go in his post game interview. They know they havent won anything yet.

ClingingMars
05-01-2008, 05:01 PM
why is this already 5 pages. jesus, its not even gameday!

- Mars

spurschick
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM

- Mars

I agree. It's turned into another basic thread. IMO, game blogs should be just that... game blogs.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Paul is not a guaranteed Hall of Famer by any means (though an MVP trophy would go a long way towards making that eventually a good possibility).

By contrast, I can't see how Manu Ginobili is anything other than a guaranteed Hall of Famer, given his great successes in the NBA and his amazing international career. Manu is likely going into the Hall on a very early ballot, so let's not diminish his resume by suggesting that the Hall is somehow a questionable destination for him.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Here's a real basketball question that I posted elsewhere, but might be worth discussing here: Given the troubles that Bonzi gave the Spurs in 2006, is it likely that: (a) he can do that again -- will Scott increase his minutes and disrupt his rotation to get Bonzi that opportunity?; and (b) if Bonzi is capable of that, are the Spurs better equipped to deal with him with the addition of Ime Udoka as a strong and athletic wing who isn't afraid to get physical with bigger players?

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's a real basketball question that I posted elsewhere, but might be worth discussing here: Given the troubles that Bonzi gave the Spurs in 2006, is it likely that: (a) he can do that again -- will Scott increase his minutes and disrupt his rotation to get Bonzi that opportunity?; and (b) if Bonzi is capable of that, are the Spurs better equipped to deal with him with the addition of Ime Udoka as a strong and athletic wing who isn't afraid to get physical with bigger players?

I think Udoke would be helpful in that regard.

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Tim Duncan/32 Kurt Thomas/36 Bruce Bowen/37 Robert Horry/38 Oberto/33 Finley/35 Vaughn/33 Damon/35 Barry/37

I dont know what you are talking about buddy, but that is old. This is the last year for this team. Good thing is they have their core of Duncan, Manu, and Parker for a few more years, but its time to replace those replacement players next year.

That's why people like you have been saying for years.

They said that we lost in 06 because we were told.

Tim's 32. Manu is 31 and Tony is 25.

The core of our team has a number of years left to compete for a championship.

Other players have come and gone.

That trio can produce a championship with different supporting casts.

These are the defending champs.

Lakers will be challenged by Jazz.

Lakers can't beat the Spurs.

Sorry.

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't see Lakers beating Jazz. Pau Gasol, meet a stronger Boozer.

Anyway, Tim Duncan is a special case. Seeing the way he plays, he's not prone to injury and since he doesn't usually jump that high off the floor (he doesn't have to), his legs should still be in pretty good shape. I can even see him going for rings when he's 38-40.

Summers
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM

- Mars

I can top that. My boss is a Lakers fan and is already talking smack to me about the Lakers-Spurs 3rd round!

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I can top that. My boss is a Lakers fan and is already talking smack to me about the Lakers-Spurs 3rd round!

Lakers have to get past Jazz first. It won't be as easy as they think.

Flux451
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM

I was just thinking about this. Cuz he has his way the spurs on the boards. I think horry and Udoka will be big if they can stop him. If he plays more, then that means less mins for Peja.

RashoFan
05-01-2008, 11:19 PM

New Orleans baby!!

I live in the East. Right off Hayne past Bullard.

New Orleans baby! :tu
How cool is that...you guys are near each other!

Hope you can have a GTG...take some pics and post them:downspin:

Don Quixote
05-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm down for it.

I've met some Spurs fans here in N.O. We'll be getting together. Hornets fans will be welcome too.

oboymeetsogirl
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Bonzi's maneuverability has always been effective against the Spurs, but this year the combination of Udoka and Thomas should neutralize that. Really, as much as he's hurt us in the past, I just don't see it happening this year. There are some big, fast, young bucks on the Hornets who will be doing some damage; and needless to say, CP3 is one of the better guards to come along in years.

But as LeBron, the Jazz's Williams, Nash and even the Answer have found over the past two postseasons: it's not so easy to shine against the Spurs precisely because they don't play a star-oriented style of basketball. They find themselves in old fashioned, in-your-face, team styles of game when they come up against the Spurs.

If the Hornets beat the Spurs in this series, it won't be because of the individual talent or youth. It will because they've grown much faster than even we suspected as a disciplined, cohesive team, and it will also be because Scott is truly a premier coach.

All this, of course, remains to be seen. As a Spurs fan, I'm inclined to believe that teamwork and experience will prevail.

jman3000
05-02-2008, 03:07 AM
i really expect ime udoka to come up big in this series. he had his cherry popped against the suns and now will be able to actually hit some damn open 3's for a change. i think he was 0-for the entire series until game 5.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-02-2008, 09:34 AM
If Bowen is on CP3 who the hell is going to stop peja?

Teal Street
05-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Paul is not a guaranteed Hall of Famer by any means (though an MVP trophy would go a long way towards making that eventually a good possibility).

By contrast, I can't see how Manu Ginobili is anything other than a guaranteed Hall of Famer, given his great successes in the NBA and his amazing international career. Manu is likely going into the Hall on a very early ballot, so let's not diminish his resume by suggesting that the Hall is somehow a questionable destination for him.

While technically you are correct it will take something like a career ending injury to keep Chris Paul out. He has the potential to be an all time great at the position. How is Manu these days? whats the story on his injury?

How fast is Bowen? can he move quick enough to stay with Paul? I think you guys are going to have to double team Paul like the Mavs tried to do.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
How fast is Bowen? can he move quick enough to stay with Paul? I think you guys are going to have to double team Paul like the Mavs tried to do.

and leave the 3pt shooters open?

I don't think Pop wants that, he hates the open 3

Extra Stout
05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
How fast is Bowen?
Even at 37, he has the best defensive lateral quickness in basketball.

can he move quick enough to stay with Paul?
We'll see.

I think you guys are going to have to double team Paul like the Mavs tried to do.
The Spurs will let him score 40 before they resort to double teams.

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure that Pop will knee-jerk into putting Bowen on Paul. I could see that matchup in one of two circumstances: (1) Peja off the floor, Pargo on, and Bowen and Parker both on the floor for SA; (2) closing minutes of a tight game.

I think Bowen ultimately becomes a change of pace for the Spurs' efforts to defend Paul, but not the focal point of that effort. If the Spurs can make Paul a scorer and not a scorer and a distributor, I suspect they'll take their chances with that. Ultimately, the issue for the Spurs is holding the Hornets' team FG percentage in check. In the two Spurs losses, the Hornets shot exceptionally well from the floor (54.3% in San Antonio and 58.7% in New Orleans). That's more likely when Paul is scoring and getting his teammates involved as well, which is why I expect the Spurs will rarely double Paul and will devote a great deal of attention to staying with his teammates and denying open looks to them.

alhubb66
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Congrats to SA Spurs for moving to the 2nd round.

After coming here and reading the posts in your forum....

I must say you guys, Spurs Fans, have a whole lot of Class!!! The Dallas Mavericks Fans are "Over the top with Arogance and Hate"

Of course I will be pulling for the Hornets but I wish you guys luck. People can talk trash all they want however the Spurs have to be respected. San Antonio has earned their place in history.

Also, you think San Antonio is a night mare for Stern (market size etc). Think what it will do to him if "little ole New Orleans" was to make it to the finals.

I am sure Stern is salivating over a potential Lakers/Celtics final.

Rummpd
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats to SA Spurs for moving to the 2nd round.

After coming here and reading the posts in your forum....

I must say you guys, Spurs Fans, have a whole lot of Class!!! The Dallas Mavericks Fans are "Over the top with Arogance and Hate"

Of course I will be pulling for the Hornets but I wish you guys luck. People can talk trash all they want however the Spurs have to be respected. San Antonio has earned their place in history.

Also, you think San Antonio is a night mare for Stern (market size etc). Think what it will do to him if "little ole New Orleans" was to make it to the finals.

I am sure Stern is salivating over a potential Lakers/Celtics final.

Yet Stern is pushing for Oklahoma City - Go figure.

Have fun on this board for the 5 games or less it takes the Spurs to knock out the Hornets.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Scola will give West problems

and Chandler can't handle DUncan

TampaDude
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Scola??? :lmao

FromWayDowntown
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM

I wonder if the Hornets will be able to keep AJ from going left?

T Park
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
The Hornets are gonna have a bitch of a time handling Stephen Jackson, and let me tell ya, Speedy Claxton is gonna kill Pargo.

DarrinS
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM

The rim.

T Park
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Tony Parker could guard Peja and Peja would choke.

Smirk
05-02-2008, 08:22 PM
The think the key to the Hornets beating the Spurs is containing George Gervin.

Flux451
05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
wow this thread went downhill...but funny stuff.

lucky for hornets, Robinson has back problems

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 02:55 AM
I won't be here game 1 live blog. So good luck Spurs!
Pls. be kind to Tim Duncan if he'll miss his first 2 shots:lmao
There will be no asteroids tonight, so no worries.

I think Manu will be the hero of this game. He'll play-acc. to my crystal ball.
:flag:

angel_luv
05-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Go Spurs Go!

:cheer :D :cheer
:flag:

Teal Street
05-03-2008, 09:40 AM

Really? D West and T Chandler ? We shall see.
http://hornetshype.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dwest.jpg

ryder004
05-03-2008, 10:55 AM
spur win in game 6

m33p0
05-03-2008, 11:11 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2461177709_5f8bf0eac2_o.jpg
game 1 projection.

Ya Vez
05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
10 hours to go... dam I hate these late starts....

when I think of chris paul I think of what the spurs did to lebron last year in the finals, unfortunately he will feel the wrath of the spurs playoff defensive juggernaut...

the steel curtain part 2 plus the experience of winning close games in the playoffs

spurs in 5

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2461177709_5f8bf0eac2_o.jpg
game 1 projection.

Hmmm...looks kinda like the Game 3 projection for the Spurs-Suns series...

Streakyshooter08
05-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Come on Spurs. You got this.

remingtonbo2001
05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Let's do this.

Thomas
05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
in how much hours begins the game?

duncan228
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM

Just under 7 hours.

10 pm Eastern
9pm San Antonio
7pm Pacific

Kori Ellis
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM

In 6 hours, 45 minutes or so.

Allanon
05-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Are we there yet?

I can't stand this wait....

go Spurs!

1Parker1
05-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Just under 7 hours.

10 pm Eastern
9pm San Antonio
7pm Pacific

These late Spurs games are hurting me! 10-12:30 and then I like to watch the postgame interviews on ESPN so factor in another half hour for that! :lol

1Parker1
05-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I wonder if the Spurs are just going to stay there in between Games 1 and 2. I guess that makes sense since they're only a day apart...

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I wonder if the Spurs are just going to stay there in between Games 1 and 2. I guess that makes sense since they're only a day apart...

Fortunately the Spurs are a veteran organization of responsible men with lots of will power.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/12/cc/e2/bourbon-street-sign.jpg

spyder
05-03-2008, 03:49 PM
This late start for the game is dumb IMO...can't wait for it to start...i guess i can start drinking now...Go Spurs!! Swat the Hornets!!:flag::flag::flag::ihit:ihit

DudleyDawson
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Spurs will lose by 12 or so tonight and then win a very tight game 2 to even up the series.

Pistons < Spurs
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Good Luck tonight!!! Kick some Hornet Ass!:flag:

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-03-2008, 06:14 PM

Scola isn't on the Spurs you dumbfuck.
He's :fishing.

Tacker
05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Hornets FTW

Shaolin-Style
05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Man I took a nap and had one shitty dream of Manu missing wide open layups and shooting like crap cause of his ankle.

BrokerinSA
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Is this the thread that Chris Duel talks about when on 1250? Where his sign on is Jay Howard?

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I was hoping to go to the game tonight, but ...

Tickets are $70 for nosebleeds on StubHub. A little rich for my blood, unfortunately. So I'll have to catch the game either long-distance on WOAI, or on the local New Orleans station.

Spurs Brazil
05-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Shoening just said Bruce will start on CP3

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM

:tu

peskypesky
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Bowen's going to shut C3PO down!!!!!

I hope. :)

m33p0
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
"we're here. we might as well win it."

pauls931
05-03-2008, 08:52 PM

Ah, the nash strategy, I was about to post asking about that. So who's parker going to guard? If he's guarding a non important player, this may be a good strategy since Bowen never really moves much on offense. So let parker rest on D and Bowen work his butt off, then let bowen rest on Offense ironically enough at the corner of the 3 point line and parker work.

Spurs Brazil
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
TP on Petterson and Finley on Peja

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
This is the first time the Silver & Black have been in town, since I moved here, that I'm sitting home listening to the game on the radio.

Let's hope they wipe the floor with Hornet butt.

GO SPURS GO!!!

mrcoon29
05-03-2008, 08:58 PM
My stomach is all knotted - tipoff can't come soon enough.

Pistons < Spurs
05-03-2008, 08:59 PM

Time for you guys to do your thing!!! Get it done!

lefty
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
:flag::lobt2:

TNT here we come !!!:flag:

mrcoon29
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Well, Tony looked frustrated with his shot in that little clip. Damn.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2008/NOHSAS_490_20040503.jpg
somehow, i find these 2 goofy in this pic.

Don Quixote
WOAI is weak out here, I may have to switch over to the Hornets guys at times. After growing up listening to Jay Howard, and now Bill Shoening calling the Spurs games, I don't enjoy listening to other teams' broadcasters. There should be one guy and one guy only calling the game. The Hornets have 2, as do the Rockets. The Rockets' play-by-play man has a voice so deep I cannot understand him, even if I turn the bass all the way down.

And it's probably bad luck, or something, to listen to the other team's announcers during the game.

TampaDude

Time for you guys to do your thing!!! Get it done!

Nice blowout of the Magic tonight...you guys are looking good...hopefully the Spurs will do as well against the Hornets. :toast

Pistons < Spurs
05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice blowout of the Magic tonight...you guys are looking good...hopefully the Spurs will do as well against the Hornets. :toast

:toast You all got this!!!

hive_attack
Looking forward to the Spurs getting owned tonight. Chris Paul will show you why he should be the MVP.

lefty
http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2008/NOHSAS_490_20040503.jpg
somehow, i find these 2 goofy in this pic.

Damn, the way CP3 is looking a TP

Creepy :lmao

duncan228
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Duncan and Bowen arriving at work.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/5-3arrive.jpg

hive_attack
05-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Damn, the way CP3 is looking a TP

Creepy :lmao
Or he is laughing at the thought of Parker guarding him. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
WOAI is weak out here, I may have to switch over to the Hornets guys at times. After growing up listening to Jay Howard, and now Bill Shoening calling the Spurs games, I don't enjoy listening to other teams' broadcasters. There should be one guy and one guy only calling the game. The Hornets have 2, as do the Rockets. The Rockets' play-by-play man has a voice so deep I cannot understand him, even if I turn the bass all the way down.

And it's probably bad luck, or something, to listen to the other team's announcers during the game.

Why don't you try listening online?

WildcardManu
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
My God, start the damn game already!!!

lefty
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Or he is laughing at the thought of Parker guarding him. :lol

:flipoff

Budkin
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Duncan and Bowen arriving at work.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/5-3arrive.jpg

"Let's go to work!"

Shaolin-Style
05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Does that bus say Hotard?

Wtf

Spurs Brazil
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
KT starting

tav1
05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Bruce Bowen is such a pimp: last round he guarded a recent MVP, this round he'll guard a future MVP, and next round he'll guard the newly crowned MVP. They should let him where a boa during warm ups.

mrcoon29
05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh, I like Timmy's shirt.

SpurAddict561
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Man I took a nap and had one shitty dream of Manu missing wide open layups and shooting like crap cause of his ankle.

Were you watching a Replay of Game 5 vs Phoenix?

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Oh great Marv Albert and Reggie Miller

lefty
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Too much Vaseline in that Hornets locker room

mrcoon29
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
can they un-mike the crowd a bit, it's hard to hear the tv announcers with all the boo'ing that's going on.

WildcardManu
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
had to mute, crowd is annoying

hsxvvd
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
How about a fucking rebound!

BonnerDynasty
Fucking traveling!!!!!!

L.I.T
two travels

lefty
Damn 245 offensive rebounds for Chandler already

WildcardManu
is that some kind of buzzing or is it just my tv?

Pistons < Spurs
05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Fucking traveling!!!!!!

No shit! How many steps were they going to give him?

Budkin
Worst start ever.

td4mvp21
Not a good start. Did the Spurs come ready to play?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Uh-huh. Great start. :pctoss

Giving up O boards, can't hit gimmes. :pctoss

peskypesky
Good. Spurs getting off to their usual start. Get down in a hole, then claw back and take it!

duncan228
Time for Pop to have one of his "polite" time outs.

MajicMan
that was traveling but hey Go Hornets!

lefty
I hope Pop will go apeshit on his players

BiZNicK
lol so much traveling by paul

SpurOutofTownFan
lol @ the crowd booing constantly!! they are bound to be suns's caliber

Budkin
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Can't believe Duncan missed that layup inside.

hsxvvd
3 minutes of play. Only stat... a two rebounds.

New Orleans 2 3's, 4 offensive boards... weak start.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Apparently the traveling part of the NBA rulebook doesn't apply to Chris Paul. I get that you give guys three steps going in for a layup/dunk, but damn, nice stutter steps to reign back in what would have been turnovers on bad passes...

Amuseddaysleeper
The Hornets D has been impressive

BonnerDynasty
Fuck that was a lot of traveling.

Spurs Brazil
DAMN Bruce

Shot the fucking ball when you're open

peskypesky
Spurs are slacking right now. They haven't begun to play, it's obvious.

BiZNicK
wow the hornets fans are kinda annoying.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Spurs starting off tentative

NO's D started off great.

WildcardManu
apparently NO is more pumped up

Ice009
8-0 ARE U fucking kidding me? SPURS OFFENSE is a joke so far. COME ON SPURS. STEP IT UP.

BiZNicK
DAMN Bruce

Shot the fucking ball when you're open

Yea he's been doing that alot the past few months...kinda annoying

SpurAddict561
lmao@ CP3 traveling twice and they didn't call either

wowzers

Trainwreck2100

Peja on Duncan is silent genius. As well as leaving Finley and Bowen wide open for threes

TampaDude
Kind of a shaky start for the Spurs...getting some bad bounces...they just need to get a few buckets to quiet the crowd and they'll be fine.

peskypesky

not really. spurs had good looks, shots just didn't fall. they will. book it.

ginobili fan
Bruce Fuck Me Off

td4mvp21
It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong game, I can already tell.

T Park
Get some rebounds, run more O through Duncan.

Gotta penetrate more, not enough penetration.

ATXSPUR
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Good D by NO so far. Spurs are putrid on offense right now but i'm not worried yet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Let's see.

* Hard doubles coming on TD every time.
* Bowen scared to shoot the three, wants to put it on the ground every time
* Parker afraid to let his tear drop go
* Finley continuing his shitty play from the first round

Awesome start.

WildcardManu
Kind of a shaky start for the Spurs...just had some bad bounces...they just need to get a few buckets to quiet the crowd and they'll be fine.

hope is soon, cus i don't want to watch the entire game on mute

ginobili fan
cmon spurs

Trainwreck2100
wow the hornets fans are kinda annoying.

They also stole OKC opening play tradition.

T Park
It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong game, I can already tell.

Wow didn't take you long.

BiZNicK
lol @ byron scott showing off his rings..

wasn't he just a role player?

Ice009
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Patheic, PATHETIC START. COME ON SPURS. LET'S GO. let's go, lets go. D'Antoni style.

td4mvp21
Are we going to hit our shots tonight?

WildcardManu
the fuck

Spurologist
those fucking rims are rigged

T Park
Reggie Miller is so giddy with the hornets.

Hes practically clapping his hands together and speaking in a high pitch.

ATXSPUR
Finley shooting the ball is not what we need right now.

lefty
Pop has to send Damon to the Hornets locker room in order to steal Byron's championship rings

RuffnReadyOzStyle
For fucksake, get Fin out and Barry in. We need some shooting in there.

ATXSPUR
And damn we need defensive boards.

td4mvp21
Why The Fuck Can We Not Get A Fucking Rebound

peskypesky
I'm impressed with the NO fans. That's cheering.

WildcardManu
a rebound would help

BonnerDynasty
Get a fucking rebound!

L.I.T
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh this isnt looking good rebounding wise

TampaDude
Spurs are getting OWNED on the glass!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Christ, someone get a fucking rebound.

Spurologist
Reggie just called POP, Andre Poppovich.