PDA

View Full Version : Hornacek helping Suns with shooting

Jimcs50
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Sports Update
Hornacek helping Suns with shooting
By Mike Tulumello, Tribune
If any Suns fall into a shooting slump, they have a shot doctor at their service.
His name: Jeff Hornacek, the former All-Star Suns guard.

Hornacek agreed to help out by becoming a team consultant before the season started. The idea was that he'd become active in January, after his family settled into a new house.

But after New Year's, with the Suns still winning almost every game on their schedule, he figured, "I thought they didn't need me."

Steve Nash even called him, saying, "Where are you? I thought you were helping out."

Replied Hornacek, "You don't need any help."

So when the Suns started losing, Hornacek started helping out more regularly.

One of his roles is to help any player who is struggling with his shot.

"I had a checklist of things I went through when I was in a slump," Hornacek said. So he goes through the same sort of list with a brick-shooting Sun.

"It's usually one minor thing," he says.

SMUSH'S ROUGH START

Newly added guard Smush Parker didn't make anybody forget Nash with his six-turnover debut Wednesday.

Parker, asked if he was nervous, said maybe so, though he wasn't consciously jittery. Instead, he said he was thinking instead of using his instincts.

"This is a think-free offense," he said. "If you're thinking too much, you're making a mistake."

NO ALL-STAR STARTERS?

The Suns probably won't have any players voted in as starters for the All-Star game, according to the voting so far.

Nash, running third among Western Conference guards, has the best shot. But he's more than 600,000 votes behind No. 2 Kobe Bryant.

All-Star game balloting ends Sunday.

Rummpd
01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Most Fans voting in All Star games = idiots (a generalization, this board voters assuredly ok)

T Park
01-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Amare Stoudamire should be starting instead of the Big OVerrated Yao Ming.

timvp
01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Hornacek helping the Suns as a shooting coach?

This has to irk AHF.

T Park
01-21-2005, 03:17 PM
if Rick Barry was helping the Warriors with there Free Throw Shooting, I think that would irk him more.

ShoogarBear
01-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Hornacek needs to move in with Quentin Richardson, Master Bricklayer Extraordinaire.