PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Suns fans and Maverick fans. It's been fun!

dav4463
04-30-2008, 02:55 AM
It's kind of sad in a way, but the trash-talking between Spurs fans, mav fans, and suns fans is all over. There is no rivalry anymore (not that there really ever was), but you know what I mean. Spurs win. Nothing suns and mavs fans say now means anything. I'm sure plenty will jump on the bandwagon of whoever plays against the Spurs....but that's just jealousy talking.

Mavs: The downslide started the night Mark Cuban went on Letterman and bragged how the city of Dallas was going to PARTY !!! Then the championship parade route was published in the paper.... We all know what happened next.....a monumental collapse.

Then a quest for 70 wins, followed by the most embarrassing playoff series loss in NBA history!

Now, another early exit after cuban made a trade that not only killed this season, but ruined the mavs future as well. Good job, Mark!

Suns: Just sad. They ALWAYS lose to the Spurs. Have the suns fans FINALLY run out of excuses? I hope so. Nobody got suspended this time. Horry did it this year with a key steal and an earlier 3 pt basket. Nash screwed up on his own. He didn't need to be body-checked.

suns made a trade that rivals the mavs for stupidity. suns had the best record in the west and got rid of Spur-killer Marion...added Shaq and slipped to 6th in the West. Good job, suns!

Now, on to the next rivalry.......mavs and suns are done for a LONG TIME!:lol

:flag::flag::flag:

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Nice that Cuban has managed to blame AJ for the trade and get the Mavs fans that should know better to think so as well. That support will only last as long as the Mavs have a winning record. Not a foregone conclusion from here on out.

SAtown
04-30-2008, 04:20 AM
As one of the biggest Dallas Mavs hater on ST, I have to say I was very disappointed with Dallas not winning the series. I still think they were the much better team, as they were last year vs GS. It sucks that we couldn't play each other this year in the playoffs, as the window seems to be closing year by year for both teams. Last year, I rubbed it in, but I didn't think Dallas would suffer a 2nd hangover from their championship contending year.

To the Dallas Mavericks:

Make some changes and stop being fucking pussies, please. Replace AJ, get some better role players, keep Dirk, etc... The playoffs in San Antonio aren't the same without Dallas playing here a couple of times.

The NBA board is alive because of the Mavs fans, and that's the truth.

21_Blessings
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Dallas will suck for many years to come

Killakobe81
04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Dallas needs changes ...Howrad's regression, Avery's decion-making, the role players ineptness, NOT playing Bass more not providing Kidd with with more guys that can run ...ALLled to the downfall of tis particular MAVS team ...RIP

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Nice that Cuban has managed to blame AJ for the trade and get the Mavs fans that should know better to think so as well.

Nobody's blaming AJ for the trade you fucking dipshit. He was just as on board with it as Cuban, so was Dirk, so were most of the people within the organization. There's nobody to be blamed for that, it's an organization thing.

He's getting blamed for forcing Kidd into his system instead of adapting his system to better fit Kidd.

degenerate_gambler
04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm an equal opportunity hater when it comes to Phx and Dallas...and it's a beautiful morning to wake up to.

yeahone
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
since when marion is a spurs killer?

2Cleva
04-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Dirk may be a clutch shooter but he can't be the best player on that team if they expect to win a title.

Reggie Miller
04-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Marion is no more of a Spurs killer than I am. (I mean the real, middle-aged me, not the real middle-aged Reggie Miller, of course.)

Shaq and Amare were able to abuse smaller front courts. When the Spurs were able to keep Amare a few feet further out than his range, they dominated. Thomas was a real help in this regard, because he was effective without getting in Duncan's way. This was not always true for Phoenix, however. I recall several times watching their bigs fighting each other for a rebound while SA already had numbers back.

Giving Diaw more touches ended up taking Nash out of the series. I dislike the little hoser, but I'm not sure that taking the ball out of his hands is real smart. Basically, the Suns are not as talented as they are made out to be. Remove Nash from the equation, and they look pretty average.

nkdlunch
04-30-2008, 09:14 AM
The biggest problem in the mavs is their owner. I am afraid that is a problem that will not go away anytime soon.

As long as Cuban is the owner and keeps sticking his nose in basketball business, which he has NO CLUE how it is run, the mavs will suck.

If I was a mavfan I would find another team to root for until Cuban sells the team or dies.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Nobody's blaming AJ for the trade you fucking dipshit. He was just as on board with it as Cuban, so was Dirk, so were most of the people within the organization. There's nobody to be blamed for that, it's an organization thing.

He's getting blamed for forcing Kidd into his system instead of adapting his system to better fit Kidd.

:lol Thank you for proving my point.

Findog
04-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Nice that Cuban has managed to blame AJ for the trade and get the Mavs fans that should know better to think so as well. That support will only last as long as the Mavs have a winning record. Not a foregone conclusion from here on out.

No way Cuban takes a $17 million cap hit for a player Avery didn't want. If Avery didn't want him, made that known and Cuban went ahead and acquired Kidd anyways, then that's on Cuban. But that's not how it went down: the way he kept Devin on a leash and wouldn't let him play through his mistakes speaks to that.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
:lol Thank you for proving my point.

proving that you're a dumbfuck? no problem.

Oh wait, I forgot that Spurs fans are omnipotent, God-like creatures. Even when every report says that Avery wanted a better PG because he didn't trust Harris, Spur Fan/God knows that secretly he didn't. They can read minds. Mavs fans can only read newspaper reports.

leemajors
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
mono may have the greatest avatar ever.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
No way Cuban takes a $17 million cap hit for a player Avery didn't want. If Avery didn't want him, made that known and Cuban went ahead and acquired Kidd anyways, then that's on Cuban. But that's not how it went down: the way he kept Devin on a leash and wouldn't let him play through his mistakes speaks to that.

I'm not sure where you get this idea that money means anything to Cuban, nor what evidence you see that would ever make you think AJ wanted Jason Kidd. If not having him on the floor at the end of the game against the Spurs wasn't enough for you, then nothing will convince you. Devin's minutes, points and assists were at career highs this year. Since his turnovers were as well, AJ keeping him on a leash was probably a good idea considering the results. I'm sure you don't let things like win/loss records or +/- numbers deter you from an opinion, though, so we'll just chalk that up as irrelevant.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Again, it's always about the Spurs, even when it isn't. Avery unleashed Harris on the Spurs, so obviously he loved everything about Harris all the time. Spur fan Land can't see beyond the black & silver.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure where you get this idea that money means anything to Cuban

Dumping Finley to save a shitload of luxury tax.

Findog
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure where you get this idea that money means anything to Cuban, nor what evidence you see that would ever make you think AJ wanted Jason Kidd. If not having him on the floor at the end of the game against the Spurs wasn't enough for you, then nothing will convince you. Devin's minutes, points and assists were at career highs this year. Since his turnovers were as well, AJ keeping him on a leash was probably a good idea considering the results. I'm sure you don't let things like win/loss records or +/- numbers deter you from an opinion, though, so we'll just chalk that up as irrelevant.

Money means nothing to Cuban? The original Kidd trade didn't have the much costlier KVH contract in it. He only went to it as a last resort. He didn't resign Steve Nash because he didn't think he'd get good value for that kind of contract.

You can criticize Cuban all you want, and he definitely deserves criticism for some things, but it defies logic to think that he would acquire a player Avery didn't want. We can say quite the opposite is true, which is why "experienced vets" like Devean George and Eddie Jones are here. Benching Kidd against the Spurs and not changing the iso-heavy offense is just another example of what a control freak the Little Napoleon is.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
proving that you're a dumbfuck? no problem.

Oh wait, I forgot that Spurs fans are omnipotent, God-like creatures. Even when every report says that Avery wanted a better PG because he didn't trust Harris, Spur Fan/God knows that secretly he didn't. They can read minds. Mavs fans can only read newspaper reports.

Apparently you can't even watch NBA games to know what's going on. AJ benched Kidd at the end of the Spurs game. You want a sign of trust in a point guard? That's it to me, but I'm omnipotent and stuff. :lol

Findog
04-30-2008, 10:06 AM

Forgot that one. Another example. Before the Kidd trade, they hadn't made a major deal since the Jamison trade. For all of the talk of how they constantly were wheeler-dealers, they kept the same core together for 3 years. That's an eternity in the NBA.

monosylab1k
AJ benched Kidd at the end of the Spurs game.

No, you're right. It's always about the Spurs.

Obstructed_View

I'm sorry, who signed him to that contract?

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 10:08 AM

Your point? If he wasn't concerned with money he would have kept paying the high luxury tax to keep Finley and not let him go to the Spurs. I'm not saying he's a tightwad, but he definitely is alot more concerned with spending money than he used to be.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Avery unleashed Harris on the Spurs, so obviously he loved everything about Harris all the time.
Loving Harris all the time is a far fucking cry from wanting Jason Kidd instead of him. I know you're trying really hard to make Devin Harris a terrible player. He just isn't. There's really no way you can tell me that the Mavericks have been better with Kidd and be convincing.

Findog
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM

I believe that deal was done under the old CBA, and Finley was a FA in the summer after they ended an 11-year playoff drought. You might have missed him expressing regret for the size of that contract. When he bought the team, he ran it like a fan, and they're paying for it now with a lack of salary cap flexibility.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Your point?
Signing a guy to a near max contract, dumping him a few years later to save the dollar for dollar luxury tax, yet having to pay him salary for two or three more years as he plays for a division rival, does not constitute fiscal responsibility. That's like saying Mark Cuban is a great survivalist because he pulls his hand away from a flame.

clambake
04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
most spurs fans are classy.

you should dump this OV piece of shit.

sribb43
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Also if Cuban didn't care about money at all he would have resigned Nash too. Nash Wanted 5 years and I think Cuban offered him 3 or 4.

A spurs fan with some sense unlike OV