PDA

View Full Version : Possible UFA - Eduardo Najera

SenorSpur
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
I realize it's a bit early for this, but I saw this on RealGM and wanted to share this with the ST community. Now that he has added a 3-pt shot to his arsenal, I wonder if Spurs could utilize a 6'8" banger, like Najera, who plays defense and rebounds. Would he be a fit here?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52253/20080430/najera_will_test_free_agent_waters/

Najera Will Test Free Agent Waters
April 30, 2008 - 9:36 am
The Denver Post -
Eduardo Najera wants to remain with the Nuggets, but he claims that he will still test the waters of free agency, according to the Denver Post.

"I'm gonna do it," Najera said. "It's a business."

He is an unrestricted free agent, and admitted that he doesn't anticipate making a decision until August or September.

"This is gonna be interesting," Najera said. "I want to come back. It takes time. Nothing can be done until the end of the summer."
RealGM Note: As the 157th most productive player in the NBA, Najera 'deserved' to make $4.25 million in 2007-08. He had a per 40 FIC of 11.6 (NBA median is 10.0) and a Reina Value of -16%. [READ]

MrChug
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
No, but Najera would give us more than regaining a Malik ever would. Sad, but true. Even though. It could happen.

DarrinS
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I've always liked Najera. Scrappy player.

NASpurs
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Anyone else despise Najera like I do?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I cant take najera but i respect his resume

alamo50
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM

:wtf

michaelwcho
04-30-2008, 10:48 AM

I'm glad you asked.

Maybe 5-6 years ago, I was waiting tables (now I'm a full-time musician; migueldemaria.com) at a fairly trendy place called Kona Grill in Scottsdale AZ. Well, Najera came in and was having lunch. Some of the guys were saying "That's Najera, he's an NBA player."

For some reason, I looked up and noticed him glaring at me like I was having an affair with his wife or something... I mean, it was a really mean, hateful look. I asked some of the waitresses, and they all agreed that he was staring me down like he wanted to kick my ass. I probably should have been scared since he's a foot taller than me... but I just kinda stayed out of his way.

Ever since then, I have not been his biggest fan. Although I do like his game. I have not seen him play much lately, but his hustle and willingness to play D would probably work out here.

JamStone
04-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Spurs need to address back-up point guard and a young, athletic big man before they worry about acquiring a veteran combo forward.

Budkin
04-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Seems like a good fit for the Spurs system. I say give him a shot.

Ariel
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Spurs need to address back-up point guard and a young, athletic big man before they worry about acquiring a veteran combo forward.
Next year Splitter joins the squad and Mahinmi is hopefully ready to contribute some. So that leaves backup PG and small (combo?) forward.

hater
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
everyone hates Najera, he is a dirty flopper. So he would fit in the Spurs perfectly. I would get him

DarrinS
04-30-2008, 10:55 AM

If wish Brandon Bass was available.

xtremesteven33
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
everyone hates Najera, he is a dirty flopper. So he would fit in the Spurs perfectly. I would get him

if najera joins the spurs (which i can invision happening), we will definetley be the most hated team in the NBA. i despise najera as a player. hes so dirty he belongs with the jazz.

spurscenter
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
nah, pass. hes a good guy, but Scola is better

m33p0
04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
testing the waters of free agency = wants max deal

pass.

ArgSpursFan.
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I like Najera better tham Bonner to replace Horry in the future.
The guy could be very usefull for the Spurs,He's a hustler and prety good defender+He added a prety decent 3pt shot to his skills, and He can also be a long SF too.
I would take him in a heart beat.

SenorSpur
04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I like Najera better tham Bonner to replace Horry in the future.
The guy could be very usefull for the Spurs,He's a hustler and prety good defender+He added a prety decent 3pt shot to his skills, and He can also be a long SF too.
I would take him in a heart beat.

I admit that I was shocked to see he had even developed an outside shot, let alone expanded it to 3-pt distance. I remember a couple of years ago, he was a total offensive liability.

And I agree. I probably rather have him than Bonner too. Can you imagine him and KT on the roster?

SPARKY
04-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Who will be lost from the current 4/5 rotation? Horry?

Splitter's coming in. Ian might depending on the progress he's made.

Najera's a real pain in the ass...for opponents. I think you make room if he's available.

ArgSpursFan.
04-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I admit that I was shocked to see he had even developed an outside shot, let alone expanded it to 3-pt distance. I remember a couple of years ago, he was a total offensive liability.

And I agree. I probably rather have him than Bonner too. Can you imagine him and KT on the roster?

At this point,anybody can be an upgrade for the spurs replacing Bonner,sorry If many here like the guy,He might be a good person,but He doesn't have the level for a championship team like the Spurs.
I bet Pop would love to have a guy like Najera next year in the Roster.
If Horry retires and Bonner is gone(don't know how)There will be an empty spot for Eduardo.
The thing is:what's gonna happen to Mahinmi or Spliter if they sign him.
Hopefully they all can stay.

ArgSpursFan.
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Who will be lost from the current 4/5 rotation? Horry?

Splitter's coming in. Ian might depending on the progress he's made.

Najera's a real pain in the ass...for opponents. I think you make room if he's available.

Adding his 3 pts shot Najera spread the floor like Horry did in the past.
He could be a Nocioni kind of guy for the spurs.

boutons_
04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
against us, don't like him

as a Spur, acceptable

impressive that he's added a 3 pt shot, not that we need him for that, but we don't need Tim for 3Gs, either :)