PDA

View Full Version : What you won't be hearing today

Findog
04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Nash is a choker for all those turnovers down the stretch and his all-around horrible play in a close-out game. Meanwhile, his Teutonic friend gets roasted over the coals unless he hits 100% of his 4th-Quarter shots and leads the Mavs to multiple championships.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 10:51 AM
"That series was all Shaq's fault."

m33p0
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
we're too busy being concerned over the hornets to think of such things right now. maybe later.

however, can't pin the loss to dirk this time.

JamStone
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Nash should get plenty of blame for the loss last night. He even said in his post-game that it should fall on him because of those late game turnovers.

JamStone
04-30-2008, 10:53 AM
"That series was all Shaq's fault."

Yes.

And, D'Antoni's fault and Nash's fault and Amare's fault and Kerr's fault.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes.

And, D'Antoni's fault and Nash's fault and Amare's fault and Kerr's fault.

In reality, yes. In the world of the media, remove Nash from that sentence and you'll get the spin they put on it.

Findog
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
I love Nash but I don't see how he skates by. If Dirk had played that badly against New Orleans last night, a shitstorm would've erupted. He actually had a pretty good game.

Spurminator
04-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm sure Nash is getting a lot of heat in Phoenix right now. The national media will be too busy eulogizing the death of Suns Basketball and speculating about where MDT is headed.

cash459
04-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Nash IS a choker. He has yet to produce for his team or "carry" his team to a title. He doesnt even really care if he wins one (e.g. his interview) and to have 7 TO in qtrrs 1-3 and then 7 in the 4th!?! WOW....he folded like a cheap suit!

RonMexico
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
He played like shit... sad, really.

DarrinS
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
It was probably hard for Nash to get going when D'Antoni kept insisting on feeding Diaw in the post.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
You win as a team and lose as a team.

Reggie Miller
04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
It was probably hard for Nash to get going when D'Antoni kept insisting on feeding Diaw in the post.

Correct. That said, Nash always gets a free pass, anyways.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Nash IS a choker. He has yet to produce for his team or "carry" his team to a title. He doesnt even really care if he wins one (e.g. his interview) and to have 7 TO in qtrrs 1-3 and then 7 in the 4th!?! WOW....he folded like a cheap suit!

Blah, Blah, Blah... Nash has hit many big shots, including some in the playoffs. He's not a choker, but he did have some terrible games this series. Some is age. Some is defense. Some is lack of structure. Some is he's made a career out of perfecting wrong and now that he's older, tired and slower, he can't get away with it as much and it comes back to cost them.

Nash accepted responsibility. Whether or not the media acknowledges it, I don't care. Point is, Nash was a man about it. Get him a real coach, a capable backup and another starter with ball-handling skills (May be Diaw) and see if a slight change of system can't mamimize the miles remaining on his tread.

Findog
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
For the record, I hate choker talk. Sometimes there's a shred of truth to it, but it's tossed around so glibly and casually that it has pretty much become synonymous with "losing." My only comment is that Nash doesn't get held to the same standard as Dirk, probably because in the case of Nowitzki, for whatever reason the commentary around him is hysterical and irrational.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I'll admit to that. Some of the hysterical criticism stems from him being MVP and leader of the best-recorded team in basketball and losing in the first round. Whether or not you agreed Nash deserved an MVP, each year named, his team advanced to the Conference Finals. I think that probably stems the tide of criticism a bit.

Whether it's fair or not, probably not. I've seen Dirk his some clutch shots. I've seen Nash as well. I've seen each make bone-headed plays that cost their team a win.

The national media probably should be a bit more critical of Nash than they are.

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
If Nash was in Dallas they would still be playing.

DD

Findog
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
If Nash was in Dallas they would still be playing.

DD

?

If Kidd has trouble with Paul, what do you think Nash would do?

Mavs<Spurs
04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
?

If Kidd has trouble with Paul, what do you think Nash would do?

Get toasted.

In regard to defense, Kidd is better than Nash.

Red Hawk #21
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Ive been watching WC playoffs games for years and I can still remember when Mike Bibby totally abused Nash back in the day in the playoffs, Nash is not held to the same standard as Dirk is. If Dirk was the one who shot 4 of 16 and had 3 assists and crucial turnovers in a elimination game many people would have been bashing him as we speak but of course Nash will be given a free pass. I feel bad for Mavs fans and Dirk they don't deserve this but I blame Cuban for bringing so much negative attention to the Mavs anyway.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Steve Nash never kicked an exercise bike.

ducks
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
kerr was not on board right away with the kerr traded
it was the coach then kerr got on board

Armando
04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
I am not really too upset about the Shaq trade. In reality with Marion the result was going to be the same. They would have still lost to the Spurs. Is not like Marion was better guarding Parker then Diaw. But at least Kerr rolled the dice and made the trade. It looks like a disaster today but I go back to Game 1 if Duncan had not hit that 3 pointer it might have been a different series. That Game deflated the team.

ducks
04-30-2008, 06:32 PM
nash 8-24 against spurs in playoffs

confined
04-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Nash's lack of defense was what cost them the series, not cuz he choked, this series was over after game 3

Armando
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Nash's lack of defense was what cost them the series, not cuz he choked, this series was over after game 3

Plus I think the Spurs did a great job of taking him out of the series. There was not one game even thier Game 4 victory where Nash put his stamp on the game. And running the offense through Diaw sort of took him out of sync. Still give credit to Bowen.

ElNono
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Nash never got a pass from me. He's a major defensive liability.
I don't think the media gives him more or less of a pass than Dirk. I mean, all I read so far about the Mavs exit is whether to keep Avery or not (we know the answer to that already).

confined
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Plus I think the Spurs did a great job of taking him out of the series. There was not one game even thier Game 4 victory where Nash put his stamp on the game. And running the offense through Diaw sort of took him out of sync. Still give credit to Bowen.

i actually think feeding the ball to diaw down low when he had a small on him worked pretty well. the few plays i remember he scored easily. It's just Amare couldn't stomach the fact of not shooting every possession

m33p0
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
i actually think feeding the ball to diaw down low when he had a small on him worked pretty well. the few plays i remember he scored easily. It's just Amare couldn't stomach the fact of not shooting every possession
it had an unfortunate side effect i.e. alienating nash and stat on offense.

pauls931
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Nash is a choker for all those turnovers down the stretch and his all-around horrible play in a close-out game. Meanwhile, his Teutonic friend gets roasted over the coals unless he hits 100% of his 4th-Quarter shots and leads the Mavs to multiple championships.

Nash played horrible for most of the series. I think the Spurs did a good job covering him. Also he could never play D so that wasn't the problem this time. I blame strategy for losses in games 1,2,and 3, but I blame Nash for game 5. Either way, he stays because without him, their system falls apart. The easiest part of the team to replace is the coaching staff.