PDA

View Full Version : where is the "dump donnie" thread?

clambake
04-30-2008, 11:00 AM
seriously, that bench had to have his fingerprints all over it.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
you think it was his idea to bring in "experienced vets" like Dick Breath and the corpses of Eddie Jones and Juwan Howard?

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Donnie Nelson is a bigger problem than Avery. He hasn't done one damn thing since his daddy handed the reins over to him.

But for whatever reason it seems like Cuban won't do anything about it this year. Once Avery's gone, he should be the next target.

Findog
that said, they need to dump this committee shit and get a president of basketball operations.

sribb43
he hides in the background so people dont even think of him so he can skate away from all of this with his poor personnel decisions...Over the past few years, the only quality FA signing was Bass

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:05 AM
you think it was his idea to bring in "experienced vets" like Dick Breath and the corpses of Eddie Jones and Juwan Howard?

Maybe not, but it had to have been his idea to trade a 1st rounder for the rights to Podkolzine, and to basically give us absolutely zero in regards to young talent for years now.

We haven't had one decent draft pick since Big Nellie stepped down as coach/GM.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I wish there was somehow Cuban could swallow his pride and make things right with the Daddy. Not that I want him back as coach, but he'd be a great GM.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
If we could have kept Papa Nellie as GM with Avery as coach, things would have been much different right now. It's too bad Cuban fucked that up.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe not, but it had to have been his idea to trade a 1st rounder for the rights to Podkolzine, and to basically give us absolutely zero in regards to young talent for years now.

We haven't had one decent draft pick since Big Nellie stepped down as coach/GM.

low-first round picks are not that valuable. Josh Howard was only there because he likes the sticky icky. They're basically like lottery tickets - once in a while you'll hit on somebody.

clambake
04-30-2008, 11:12 AM
if donnie wasn't responsible, should we just keep him around for a pretty face? if he's got no say then dump his lame ass. either these were his choices or he has no backbone.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:12 AM
yeah but there were a boatload of good young players we could have taken instead of P-Pod. Kevin Martin, Vujacic, Ariza, Varejao, Delonte West.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:13 AM
if donnie wasn't responsible, should we just keep him around for a pretty face? if he's got no say then dump his lame ass. either these were his choices or he has no backbone.

exactly. either he's sitting in his office with his thumb up his ass, or he's completely fucking up this franchise. he should be fired either way.

Spurminator
04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Why did you guys even pick up Magloire? What was the point of that? You'd have been better off taking a flyer on a D-Leaguer.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah but there were a boatload of good young players we could have taken instead of P-Pod. Kevin Martin, Vujacic, Ariza, Varejao, Delonte West.

Wow, those guys were available?

Damn.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Why did you guys even pick up Magloire? What was the point of that? You'd have been better off taking a flyer on a D-Leaguer.

Justin Williams would've been a better choice.

leemajors
04-30-2008, 11:25 AM

I saw you giving props to d-breath last night!

clambake
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM

thats because a paraplegic could have contributed more than josh howard.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM

He just tried to shoot some shots. No surprises there.

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Josh Howard sat the final 9 minutes last night. Wow.

clambake
04-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Josh Howard sat the final 9 minutes last night. Wow.

didn't you notice the comeback after he left?

Findog
04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
didn't you notice the comeback after he left?

Big part of why we lost the series is because Josh isn't Josh anymore.

monosylab1k
04-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Norm was just on saying that Avery should have deactivated Josh for the game. They probably would have won if they did that.

ElNono
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Big part of why we lost the series is because Josh isn't Josh anymore.

He's just smoking the weed he's supposed to smoke. Nothing new there.

Findog
04-30-2008, 12:08 PM
He's just smoking the weed he's supposed to smoke. Nothing new there.

No surprises there.

demosthenes247
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM

God, seriously? K-Mart would've been an amazing pick for us. :bang Our front office has been nothing less than atrocious since 2003. Apart from Diop/Bass, they have done nothing right since we picked up Howard/Daniels/Jamison.

Letting Nash go for nothing is still the stupidest thing we've ever done, but notable others include letting Raja Bell walk and letting quality role players like Griffin go in favor of All stars from 1995. I honestly can't believe how abysmally bad our bench has become. Part of that has been due to player decline i guess (Stackhouse), but then you think of things like Marquis for Croshere or cutting Benga to sign Juwan (i think that's what happened anyway).